London Film Festival Line Up Announced
Another great year for the festival
Today's a landmark in the film calendar, as the Bfi Times London Film Festival announces the line-up for this year's event - and what a tasty line-up it is.
Of course, you'll know that the opening gala, David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, and the closing, Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited, have already been announced. But in between those two bookends we're in for quite a treat, including:
- Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep and Robert Redford in Lions For Lambs, directed by Redford
- Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro in Things We Lost in the Fire.
- Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck in The Assassination of Jesse James.
- Ellen Page, Jennifer Garner and Jason Batemen in the much-lauded Juno, from Jason "Thank You For Smoking" Reitman
- Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie
- Sean Penn's Into The Wild, starring Emile Hirsch
- Mark Ruffalo and Joaquin Phoenix in Reservation Road
- Chiwetel Ejiofor and Don Cheadle in Talk To Me
- Cate Blanchett, Heath Ledger, Richard Gere, Ben Whishaw and Christian Bale, all playing Bob Dylan, in Todd Haynes I'm Not There.
- Ang Lee's Lust, Caution with Tony Leung
- Michael Moore's health-care polemic Sicko
- Julian Schnabel's The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
- Robert Rodriguez' Planet Terror
- Christian Bale in Werner Herzog's Rescue Dawn
- Disney self-parody Enchanted
- John Cusack in much praised drama Grace Is Gone
And many more. The full list is available at the link above, or go straight there here. The Festival runs from October 17 to November 1 in cinemas all over London, and we'll be there every step of the way.