Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Strictly Come Dancing...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Strictly Come Dancing... Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strictly Come Dancing... - 4/11/2006 11:30:39 PM   
kumar

really pretty women....nice moves....nice music...honestly people, who likes it??

i never watched the first series because i thought it was gayness at its highest, then decided to give it a go with the second,

and i was captivated immediatley. its real decet, solid entertainment all the way through that even my mum likes to watch.

she keeps saying to me thats what my grandad did with grandmum when they were younger because there was nothing else

to do! I hope good ol' Brucey lives longer to present this with the lovely Tess by his side. its a shame im going to miss this

series though, no tv at uni :( i didnt even no it had started until today!! speaking of which, did anyone see? i saw the last few

dances, Carol Smiley one was brilliant, i loved it to Michael jackson aswell!! but yeah, the last dance was sheeer drama!

ive never seen that on dancing before, but it was class entertainment!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5
Post #: 1
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 5/11/2006 9:45:25 AM   
King_Wah

It is a fantastic show and I watch every week. Strangely I am also captivated by the dresses and the old school grace of it. Devastated at the demise of the lovely Anton last night.

I love the results section when the professional dancers dance together. That is fantastic.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 2
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 5/11/2006 10:39:51 AM   
Heywood

Glad someone started a thread about this, my show of choice on Saturday night. I definitely prefer it to X-factor, although I keep an eye on both. I love the glamour of it too and seeing some great dancers. This years, the overall standard seems higher than ever, with at least 4 possible winners. Personally, I'm rooting for Mark and Karen, though. I wasn't surprised to see Jan and Anton go last night. It seems that when a weaker dancer gets a slightly better mark and less nasty comments from the judges, then they don't get the sympathy vote any more (like Georgina last week).

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 3
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 5/11/2006 5:55:50 PM   
kumar

have they released a dvd of any of the series? i want to watch the forst one.

and colins dance that he did last year with the splits!! the show is great!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 4
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 7:29:58 AM   
Tarbie

It's just a shame that my namesake pulled out.  The golfing gaff anecdotes between him and Brucie would have reduced the country to chucklesome glee!

'Silvertops' is a charming and witty New Zealand comedy that appeals to all generations. A genuine rib-tickler from start to finish. Well, it bloody will be if I can ever get the fecker made!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 5
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 12:14:34 PM   
Newander

I have to admit I have been a fan of this show from the first series. How fab to be taught ballroom dancing by the best, get made up professionally every week and wear some great outfits, while having a good laugh too.

My fave has to be

Bless him he is always smiling and always wears a shirt and tie. Pity he gets paired with awfull partners, except for the first series.

This series i'm rooting for Mark Ramprakash and Karan Hardy.

Did you seen his hips on Sat night?

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Tarbie)
Post #: 6
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 1:02:03 PM   
pixie

Hurrah, I love this show!  How great would it be to learn to dance like that and wear all the outfits. 

Shame that Anton went out, but I guess they were pretty weak.  Somebody give the man a good partner.  I just can't believe that bloody smug Brendon and Claire managed to stay in another week!! 

I'm another one routing for Mark and Karen, although I do worry that because he is so quiet he might lose votes. 

I just don't want Emma Bunton to win, personally I think it is very unfair that she is in the competition at all seeing as her career has involved dancing.  And yes I know it's not the same as ballroom dancing, but she is bound to have the knack of learning routines and complicated moves. 

Member of COBW

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 7
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 1:14:00 PM   
Merly

I love this too. I love dancing so much. I've danced all my life and not only do I love doing it but I love watching it. It's great to see all these great dancers in thier wonderful costumes really giving it everything.

I think Louisa, Mark and Emma are all marvellous. The others less so but it's still great entertainment.
Only thing is I cannot stand Clare King. Not only does she look as rough as a badgers arse without make up on but she's just always got a horrible smug smirk on her face. I think she thinks she's wonderful. I bet she can be really bitchy. Just don't like her at all.
God bless Peter Schmichael though, what a sweetheart, even if he does dance like Frankenstein

Mark Ramprakash is awesome, who'd have thought a cricketer could crank it up like that.

The professional dancers are all awesome too. Really enjoy this show.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to pixie)
Post #: 8
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 2:22:03 PM   
nicholsonsmhead

Hey Newander, who's that first picture?  I didn't know Rob Brydon could dance.

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 9
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 2:57:37 PM   
Beckymonster

Glad to see so much love for 'Strictly Come Dancing' on these here boards!

Yes, I am a great fan too.  In our house, this and NCIS on Five provide top quality entertainment on a Saturday night.  If nothing else to hear my normally mild mannered mother effing and jeffing at the telly over the judges remarks!

Favourites at the moment are...: Matt Dawson (Arlene - may I recommend Specsavers to you?!), Peter S and Carole Smilie.  Mother is also a great fan of Mark R...  can't imagine why?!
Agreed about the comments about the pros dancing in the results show - magnificent and proceeds go to charity too. 

Keeping this on a vaguely movie related theme.  Am I the only one who looks at some of the dresses and thinks 'that would make for a wonderful Oscars frock'...

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 10
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 3:07:15 PM   
Merly

quote:

Keeping this on a vaguely movie related theme.  Am I the only one who looks at some of the dresses and thinks 'that would make for a wonderful Oscars frock'...

God I absolutely love the dresses. Some of them are gorgeous. I'd love to dress up like that.

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 11
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 4:24:00 PM   
tbird

I am such a girl when it comes to this show!! I watch it every week and if someone I like gets voted out I get really upset!
Can't believe Spoony is out already. I was rooting for him.

Who I want to win out of the guys:

Who I want to win out of the girls:

I really really don't want Emma Bleedin Bunton to win or Ray Fearon. Just don't like them.

Mark Rampakesh is a great dancer as well but I love Matt Dawson to bits!

Yay to Peter Schmeichel for still being in it! He's so adorable!

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 12
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 5:31:56 PM   
pixie

Ahhh love Peter Schmeichel!!  He is very adorable and seems like a really genuinely nice guy.  But lets face it, he ain't gonna win it with his dance moves! 

Member of COBW

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 13
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 5:40:14 PM   
AgentGoth

I'm loving this show at the moment. The celebrity dancers seem to get better and better each series.

I definately want either Ray and Camilla or Mark and Karen to win. They're both absolutely superb. Brendan is still the sexiest. Him and Claire are so dirty.

I'm loving the judges as well. They seem to get more and more feisty each series. I swear there's going to be a fight between Len and Bruno. They've already hit each other with their little score card things. I still love Craig. He's so sweet with his ickle quiff.

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to pixie)
Post #: 14
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 6/11/2006 8:24:06 PM   
TheGreatEye

I feel like a big poof for saying this, but after actually seeing the repeat of this programme on Sunday night, I REALLY want to start up Salsa lessons  

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 15
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 11:13:38 AM   
Beckymonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

quote:

God I absolutely love the dresses. Some of them are gorgeous. I'd love to dress up like that.

Ditto! - though I'd love to have the figure to carry off some of the more...  shall we say 'Latin' flavoured ones?  That dress Lilia was wearing for the Results show was gorgeous...  what there was of it!

And as for Peter S...  no one thought that Darren Gough had much of a chance but he won last year!  10/10 for effort that man.

As for Craig - he's usually the one who starts Mother Monster swearing!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 16
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 4:32:39 PM   
Newander

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicholsonsmhead

LOL....

It's Mr Anton Du Beke...who I find strangely attractive

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to nicholsonsmhead)
Post #: 17
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 5:01:02 PM   
AgentGoth

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGreatEye

I feel like a big poof for saying this, but after actually seeing the repeat of this programme on Sunday night, I REALLY want to start up Salsa lessons  

Don't feel like that at all. Being able to dance something like the Salsa would be fantastic.

(in reply to TheGreatEye)
Post #: 18
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 5:21:01 PM   
tbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: Newander

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicholsonsmhead

LOL....

It's Mr Anton Du Beke...who I find strangely attractive

He totally is! He jsut comes across as so nice and sweet that you just want to eat him up!

I was upset when he left this week.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 19
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 5:47:57 PM   
zombiemaster

Look a tiny person

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 20
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 6:45:34 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGreatEye

Me too. If you need a partner GreatEye, look no further

quote:

Ditto! - though I'd love to have the figure to carry off some of the more...  shall we say 'Latin' flavoured ones?  That dress Lilia was wearing for the Results show was gorgeous...  what there was of it!

Yeah the female professional dancers have amazing figures. Especially Lillia. She's so curvy. I loved Louisa's salsa outfit. Woah mama. For a 17 year old she has curves in all the right places. Sorry if I just sounded pervy

(in reply to TheGreatEye)
Post #: 21
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 7/11/2006 8:20:10 PM   
Newander

I would love to have ballroom lessons, but only from Anton Du Beke...look, i'm obsessed with him.....

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 22
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 6:47:19 AM   
Tarbie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Newander

I would love to have ballroom lessons, but only from Anton Du Beke...look, i'm obsessed with him.....
Don't you think he looks like a young Bruce Forsythe?  Are they related?

'Silvertops' is a charming and witty New Zealand comedy that appeals to all generations. A genuine rib-tickler from start to finish. Well, it bloody will be if I can ever get the fecker made!

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 23
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 9:07:38 AM   
AgentGoth

They're not related as far as I know, but they have had that discussion on the show before.

(in reply to Tarbie)
Post #: 24
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 9:39:48 PM   
beebs_

How did I miss this thread?!?!?!

I love this show. Love it. I got into it during the second season. The season of Jill Halfpenny. She has to be the best female contestent they've had on the show. Too bloody good. Colin Jackson is the best guy they've had. Shame about the Darren love/silly final dance...

I'm hoping Emma Bunton doesn't win it. She's not as good as Craig and the gang think. He's making her his favourite (as Zoe was last year) and it won't do her any favours. I wouldn't mind if Mark (so good! Second to Colin in the male contestants I think) won,  or Louisa. Her jive was amazing. They under marked her this week.

I used to hate Brendon Cole... but the combo of having the useless Fiona Phillips last year and speaking the truth about the judges having favourites this year ::cough::Emma::cough:: is making me like him more.

Who do I want to go this week....

Matt and Lilia. He's not that great. Get him off. I think Peter will go though because he's doing a Latin dance.

p.s. I love Anton. He needs to get a partner good enough to get him to the final.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 25
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 10:37:32 PM   
claytonmeister

It's one of them things that I would never admit to any one other than fellow empire users that i watch it!! It's so addictive, just the fact that 90% of the time it's new to them and having the balls to do it in front of friends and colleagues is enough for me to watch.

The ladies look gorgeous as well lol

"My father died when he was making love to a 20 year old. He came and went at the same time!" Richard Pryor

"You mean I'm black does dad know!?"

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 26
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 11:16:47 PM   
Sundance

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

Mark Rampakesh is a great dancer as well but I love Matt Dawson to bits!

Agreed and me too! I love Matt, don't think he'll win though. Mark will probably get to the final, he's brillaint. I never really watched Strictly... before this year, it's surprisingly addictive.

< Message edited by Sundance -- 8/11/2006 11:17:20 PM >

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 27
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 8/11/2006 11:33:17 PM   
beebs_

Have you guys noticed the Zoe and Ian pimpage? I didn't like them last year and I'm not looking forward to a surprise appearane in the competition.

Sorry, I'm not feeling Matt at all. I'd want him out before Peter.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Sundance)
Post #: 28
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 9/11/2006 11:16:08 AM   
Newander

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

Have you guys noticed the Zoe and Ian pimpage? I didn't like them last year and I'm not looking forward to a surprise appearane in the competition.

Sorry, I'm not feeling Matt at all. I'd want him out before Peter.

Tell me more. Ian and Zoe are coming back? How will that work??

Yeah, Peter to go this week. He's just not that good. Shame though as Erin is fab.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 29
RE: Strictly Come Dancing... - 11/11/2006 1:55:04 PM   
beebs_

I don't know if Zoe and Ian are coming back. However Jimmy Tarbuck left early didn't he? What are they goning to do with that extra week?

BTW, if Peter and Erin do go then I want Erin and Colin to get back into training! They need a chance to dance with the pros! They were better than that Zoe/Ian combo...

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Strictly Come Dancing... Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI