Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: STARSHIP TROOPERS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: STARSHIP TROOPERS Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: STARSHIP TROOPERS - 26/10/2011 8:59:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

Had no idea that the "All is Well" song at the school prom was a David Bowie cover.

This movie has got even more awesome.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Herr Schnitzel)
Post #: 211
RE: STARSHIP TROOPERS - 26/10/2011 10:48:56 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Had no idea that the "All is Well" song at the school prom was a David Bowie cover.

This movie has got even more awesome.

And having said that, i think its time we ALL sat down to re-watch this awesome classic!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 212
IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:20:17 PM   
Timon

We must meet this threat with our courage, our valor, indeed with our very lives to ensure that the 1997 classic, not this reboot, dominates this galaxy NOW AND ALWAYS!

Although on a semi-plus note, it is in the hands of Edward Miller and Zack Stentz (who worked on Thor and X-Men: First Class).

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/starship-troopers-remake-is-in-the-works.html?mid=twitter_vulture

< Message edited by Timon -- 2/12/2011 5:29:45 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 213
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:30:15 PM   
MonsterCat

They're remaking a film that's only, what, 15 years old?

Is too much to ask for a studio to come up with an original idea?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 214
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:37:41 PM   
DazDaMan

Clearly.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 215
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:42:57 PM   
Tech_Noir

I'd agree with the responder on the site, just re-release in 3D, nothing in the film is dated, the effects still work, and it's much cheaper than making another film.

They can also sell the film as Starship Troopers starring Neil Patrick Harris.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 216
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:44:30 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

We must meet this threat with our courage, our valor, indeed with our very lives to ensure that the 1997 classic, not this reboot, dominates this galaxy NOW AND ALWAYS!

Although on a semi-plus note, it is in the hands of Edward Miller and Zack Stentz (who worked on Thor and X-Men: First Class).

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/starship-troopers-remake-is-in-the-works.html?mid=twitter_vulture

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 217
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:54:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

This won't happen. It really won't.

And if it does it will be PG-13 and therefore pointless.

Wait till Total Recall bombs - that will be the last we will hear of this. Also there is an animated Troopers movie coming out next summer.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 218
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 5:59:13 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I'd agree with the responder on the site, just re-release in 3D, nothing in the film is dated, the effects still work, and it's much cheaper than making another film.

They can also sell the film as Starship Troopers starring Neil Patrick Harris.

This would own.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 219
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 6:14:57 PM   
Rgirvan44

Don't even bother with the 3D - just re-release the thing. I would go twice to see it. The movie hasn't aged a day. 

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 220
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 6:34:30 PM   
Scruffybobby

Just saw this on Den Of Geek. No. Just fucking NO!

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 221
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 6:45:57 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

Don't even bother with the 3D - just re-release the thing. I would go twice to see it. The movie hasn't aged a day. 

This was the first film I saw twice in the cinema, it was rated 15 and I was 14, I was such a rebel.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 222
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 6:49:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Agreed.The film looks as good today as it did back then.It is one of the best fx movies ever made.I mean fuck it,that fort siege is still gobsmacking in terms of visual spectacle.Just re release the thing.How the heck was it not a big hit back in the day? I remember going to see it the weekend it was released and planned on going to see it again the following week only to find it was gone from my local.

If they reboot it it will be PG and probably star Robert fucking pattinson as Rico.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 223
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:02:20 PM   
DazDaMan

Would it be wrong of me to say that I prefer Dina Meyer over Denise "fishlips" Richards?

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 224
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:06:15 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Would it be wrong of me to say that I prefer Dina Meyer over Denise "fishlips" Richards?

No. Not wrong. Not at all.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 225
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:18:48 PM   
Tech_Noir

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 226
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:21:48 PM   
DazDaMan

Oh yeah. I bet she'd be all kinds of filthy.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 227
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:21:53 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

It's pretty much a no-brainer that one, Daz!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 228
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:23:08 PM   
directorscut

quote:

An adaptation more in tone with the book would be welcome.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 229
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:29:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

Put me in the Diz camp as well.

I liked that she got a funeral and none of the rest of the Roughnecks killed got anything.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 230
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:29:52 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

An adaptation more in tone with the book would be welcome.

So the animated series then?

Post #: 231
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:31:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

And to be honest the book wasn't that great. A series of lectures intercut with some action scenes.

If they want a sci-fi war movie why not get the rights to the Forever War?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 232
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:39:23 PM   
directorscut

quote:

And to be honest the book wasn't that great. A series of lectures intercut with some action scenes.

? The movie is pretty similar in terms of scenes compared to the novel. Most of the scenes are there. But the book took itself seriously and the movie didn't, which is why they feel a lot different.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 233
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:41:11 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

? The movie is pretty similar in terms of scenes compared to the novel. Most of the scenes are there. But the book took itself seriously and the movie didn't, which is why they feel a lot different.

That is what I mean. The book is so very serious.

Space: Above and Beyond was also sort of a straight faced adaptation of Troopers.

I always thought The Forever War would work great as a HBO miniseries. It is the only genre they haven't yet tackled.

Post #: 234
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:42:32 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

If i remeber correctly,Paul Verhoeven says in the dvd commentary that after test screenings,the audience wanted her to live and have Denise Richards character killed instead.They really should have listened.Dizzie was a great character and Carmen was a slag.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 235
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 7:45:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

If i remeber correctly,Paul Verhoeven says in the dvd commentary that after test screenings,the audience wanted her to live and have Denise Richards character killed instead.They really should have listened.Dizzie was a great character and Carmen was a slag.

See, he also said this bit was unfair. That Rico never got attacked for sleeping with Diz, but Carmen did.

Although there is also another rumour that Verhoeven made her character a bit less likeable because she refused to get naked.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 236
STARSHIP TROOPERS - 2/12/2011 7:48:45 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

No way! Dina was FINE!!!

so, it's being rebooted? Not much of a surprise there. Bottom Line: There is only ONE STARSHIP TROOPERS film. It was released in 1997, directed by Paul Verhoeven. That's all.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 237
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 9:17:37 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

Man, that would rock. Forever War is an absolutely corking book. The only issue might be that it's ever so slightly out of time, what with the Vietnam allegory. I'm not sure if it would quite be the same if that focus were to be removed. But it would certainly make for a fresh Troopers clone...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 238
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 9:35:55 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

Man, that would rock. Forever War is an absolutely corking book. The only issue might be that it's ever so slightly out of time, what with the Vietnam allegory. I'm not sure if it would quite be the same if that focus were to be removed. But it would certainly make for a fresh Troopers clone...

Yeah because the US haven't been involved with in any recent wars where a Vietnam comparison could be drawn. No siree. Absolutely not. That's the wrong answer Bill. What are you talking about? Answer the question!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 239
RE: IT'S BEING REBOOTED!!!!!! - 2/12/2011 9:41:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

You just update the conflict - there isn't too much difference between Iraq and Vietnam - although I always felt that bit of the story was a little iffy timeline wise. But a sci-fi war story which dealt with time dilation would make for a great one two. Every time they go out, time speeds up on Earth, and each time they come home it is totally different.

You get awesome battles and intellgent social commentary. And HBO wouldn't shy away from that time in Earths future where same sex couples are the norm.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: STARSHIP TROOPERS Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI