Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hitchcock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Fun And Games >> RE: Hitchcock Page: <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hitchcock - 3/9/2011 6:38:42 AM   
siegfried

Yay! I got three right. Makes up for my miserable performance in the previous two rounds.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 6121
RE: Hitchcock - 10/9/2011 5:31:03 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Any ideas on what to do with this thread next? Inky, do you still want to take over as quizmaster?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 6122
RE: Hitchcock - 10/9/2011 4:57:44 PM   
Rinc

If this carries on I think the teams might need to be rejigged or we need more members for ICOQ. A couple of our current members never take part!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 6123
RE: Hitchcock - 11/9/2011 4:42:33 AM   
siegfried

Hope we can carry on with it. I'd hate to see it die away. I enjoy it.

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 6124
RE: Hitchcock - 21/9/2011 11:35:06 PM   
swordsandsandals

DON'T LET THIS DIE

Inky will take over.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 6125
RE: Hitchcock - 22/9/2011 5:55:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Where is Inky these days?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 6126
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 10:27:54 AM   
Incanus

Sorry I've been away; had some pressing Middle-earth matters to tend to, you know, Nazgul to defeat, hobbits to feed, I sometimes can't decide who's the biggest nuissance.

Before taking over--with the blessings of all, I hope--I also think the teams might want to consider getting rejigged, as Rinc and others have suggested. And in so doing, allow for a fresh new start. Naturally, the glory that was the FNFS team will never fade, not only because anything that happens here at Empire is consigned to eternity next to the Battle of Gaugamela and the invention of the rotisserie chicken grill--as none will challenge--but also because their victory is that much greater, if one considers that it was the mighty ICOQs that were vanquished.

So, I'm waiting for some feedback on team-reforming.

WINTER IS COMING

T h e 2 4 t h F r a m e . c o . u k

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

Post #: 6127
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 11:27:22 AM   
Rinc

Everyone who wants to play should say so.

You have my sword.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6128
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 12:33:24 PM   
Incanus

And Sword's bow?

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 6129
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 1:05:12 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

And my axe!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Much more better!

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6130
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 1:20:04 PM   
gazpop

I concur my friends. The conquering horde that was The Flaming Ninjas With Flaming Swords will live on forever. But I joined them when I was but a young and untested warrior. I have made new and occassionally interesting friends/enemies in my time since then and would relish either getting a new Army together or a asking a few valiant warriors (alcoholics) to join a newly formed war-band made up of some of who are here already. Maybe we could re-jig what we have or maybe a few of us could be allowed to go away for a week and see if we can bring back new blood? PM's need to be sent. And pronto bosh. Maybe have 4 teams? as a lot of the members of the 2 previous teams were famously not about. What do you all think about THAT? Ha haaaa!!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 6131
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 2:34:02 PM   
Incanus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

And my axe!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wouldn't dream of anyone else's axe

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

Post #: 6132
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 3:32:14 PM   
Lang

I'm in...just bring it

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6133
RE: Hitchcock - 24/9/2011 3:48:04 PM   
gazpop

Ok, Inc? I have the makings of a new team if nobody minds one being started? I figured, if we are all just a bunch of quizzers lets sort ourselves out. Inc, if you wanna tell us how you wanna play it. I don't suppose one team having 1 more member than another is a biggie as some of us are hardly on here 24/7. More than 1 more might give an unfair advantage. Might. But let's debate! I have me and 2 others at the moment but am waiting to hear back from 4 or 5 others. It being the weekend it might take a few days.
Thoughts? PA was my old captain my captain so I guess he might want to get his band of satanists together. Was Pepper the ICOQ captain? Anyway, food for thought.....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 6134
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 2:02:31 AM   
Incanus

I think we should keep a measure of equal numbers of team members, if possible, even if in practice not all team members actually take part in each and every round.

However, it would be unrealistic to exclude the chance that we may end up with an odd total number of players, so one team is bound to have 1 member less than the other, but it would be unreasonable for this to stop us from proceeding to play, as was the case before, on occasion. Remember, battles are not won by numbers alone. They are won by not heeding the counsel of Cleopatra and not having your ships clutter the narrow straits of Actium. Erm...this was neither here nor there, I suppose. Anyway...

With regard to how we're going to play, I'm thinking quizzes of either 10 or 15 possible answers, depending on the topic's scope. The top answer gets you 10 or 15 points respectively, the second answer from the top grants 9 or 14 points respectively, and so on, till the bottom-most answer, which gets you 1 point.

I'm also thinking of posting a new quiz on fixed intervals, say twice a week, for instance on Saturdays and Wednesdays at a specific time, subject to likely delays, if the previous quiz is not yet over by that time. Although this may eliminate the element of surprise to a great extent, it may, on the other hand, ensure that the regularity of the event may also significanlt reduce the chance of having just the usual suspects being able to post replies, while the rest find out only too late that the quiz was posted in the dead of last night. We'll just have to see how this might work out.

I suppose there is an increased chance that more than once a quiz may reiterate a question previously posed by Gimli, at least in some part thereof, due to the countless centuries this game's been played before my arrival, but this time the answers may be different.

That's pretty much it, I guess. Bribes and illicit attempts to corrupt me in other imaginative ways will be most welcome, considering the financial plight my country is in these days: proceeds will be offered to charity, you may rest assured about that.

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6135
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 2:07:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Incanus
I'm also thinking of posting a new quiz on fixed intervals, say twice a week, for instance on Saturdays and Wednesdays at a specific time

That might work quite well, it will give people from all times a chance to be present and hopefully, the rounds won't last for ages and ages. In the past, rounds could be over within about 20 minutes as the host only posted new questions when people from each team were online. But that was when Fun and Games was a busier place

Much more better!

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6136
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 3:25:45 AM   
siegfried

Sorry, I've been away for a few days. Count me back in.

Post #: 6137
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 10:28:18 AM   
gazpop

Some great ideas Inc. And I can see Gimli is chomping at the bit to get involved as a player again I think the posting times a la regularissimo is a top move. If the game isn't over by the time say Wed or Sun has arrived we could be expecting it exactly 24hrs later. And so on, if the game is still live.

I hope my idea to bring in some new blood is met with enthusiasm. I shant say who they are yet (oooh, dramatic introduction ahead, with smoke and red carpets and the like) but I have 3 yesses at the mo and am waiting to hear from 3 more. I thought the 7 or 8 area was about right for team size as half of the team (way more in the last few months, you know who you are ) are away or busy with work and life and stuff.
Does everyone else agree? I'm sure there'll be a couple of bods who will drop out from the thread entirely so new blood will be most welcome I would say. There may be some surprises. But, there also may not.

Anyone else with some good ideas to push this onwards and upwards?

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 6138
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 11:01:15 AM   
Mute

I'd like to join. I haven't done this before, but it looks fun.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6139
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 11:05:50 AM   
gazpop

I'm sure Inc will be along soon enough to welcome you and such. Look through previous pages and have a look at different regular posters. See who you know and who you might want to team up with. I'm sure we can get all the rules and points and teams sorted within a week/10 days. Maybe. Depends how long it takes to PM all the people who were part of FNFS and ICOQ but haven't been on here for weeks.months and who might complain were they to not be informed of a new beginning. Inc? Want me to help with some of your PM-ing? Shall I PM the FNFS team where I can? Let me know malaka

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 6140
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 12:23:05 PM   
Incanus

New blood is always welcome, Mute.

OK Gaz, I'll send some PMs to my former ICOQ colleagues, as I imagine you have already covered the FNFS.

We might also begin with two smaller teams and add new members thereto as we go along? It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish, as my old gaffer used to say.

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6141
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 12:27:49 PM   
gazpop

Well, hmmmm. I kinda thought we might have 2-4 teams this time out. I'd like to start one with my new friends. PA might want to do one. Pepper maybe as well. And maybe the Gimmers? Otherwise it's 2 teams with like 10 people or more on each one. With 3 or 4 teams it becomes more competitive and banter-rich, no? I haven't PM-ed many of the Ninjas. I'm pretty shocked so few have piped up with their thoughts already. Maybe, well, no, there's no point in me guessing. I will trawl back as far as possible to get a list of the team members as I cant remember them all. Let them know there might be a new sherriff in town. Unless you insist on there being only 2 teams

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6142
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 1:21:30 PM   
Incanus

Having multiple teams sounds nice. Discuss it with your so-called friends, who, there's no doubt in my mind, will probably turn out to be international criminals on the run and mercenary hitmen posing as innocent Empirites, much like the rest of us here. Besides, I will only be posting the quizzes, I do not intend to dictate how the teams will be formed or not. So go ahead, negotiate with them, promise them rewards, lure them into joining your sinister cause, and conquer the universe...erm...eventually...possibly...at some level...

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6143
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 1:51:00 PM   
gazpop

We're not into domination. I leave that kinky stuff to you and your hellenic division. And swords. What have you found out about the ICOQ ers and how many are wanting to stay in the game? Ok, ok, I'll PM some Ninjas that were, see what I can see.........although I am forming a break away outfit as there wasn't enough bloodshed previously, brroo hahahahahaaa haaaaa *cough, wheeze* damn evil laughs.....

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6144
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 2:00:07 PM   
Incanus

I only sent them PMs just now. Don't be an impatient malakas. 

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6145
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 2:07:21 PM   
gazpop

I aint being impatient bossman. I was only saying I hadn't sent any PMs to my old team mates as of yet, as it is sunday and it is a big night out day/night and I am watching Public Enemies (pretty disappointing really) and the text of the grand prix and emailing malakia like you.

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 6146
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 2:33:25 PM   
Incanus

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

I aint being impatient bossman. I was only saying I hadn't sent any PMs to my old team mates as of yet, as it is sunday and it is a big night out day/night and I am watching Public Enemies (pretty disappointing really) and the text of the grand prix and emailing malakia like you.

Hey, that should be malakies. Malakia is either the singular of malakies (= things a malakas does or says), or --intonated differently-- plural for mussels (that's malakio in the singular).

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6147
RE: Hitchcock - 25/9/2011 7:35:57 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

Well, hmmmm. I kinda thought we might have 2-4 teams this time out. I'd like to start one with my new friends. PA might want to do one. Pepper maybe as well. And maybe the Gimmers? Otherwise it's 2 teams with like 10 people or more on each one. With 3 or 4 teams it becomes more competitive and banter-rich, no? I haven't PM-ed many of the Ninjas. I'm pretty shocked so few have piped up with their thoughts already. Maybe, well, no, there's no point in me guessing. I will trawl back as far as possible to get a list of the team members as I cant remember them all. Let them know there might be a new sherriff in town. Unless you insist on there being only 2 teams

I'm not joining any team where some idiot calls me Pepper

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 6148
RE: Hitchcock - 26/9/2011 9:12:31 AM   
livewire

consider me in. 

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 6149
RE: Hitchcock - 29/9/2011 1:06:05 PM   
Incanus

It looks like we're all that will be taking part in this. Perhaps we could start and let the rest join us whenever they so desire.

WINTER IS COMING

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 6150
Page:   <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Fun And Games >> RE: Hitchcock Page: <<   < prev  202 203 204 [205] 206   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI