Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Sin City 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Sin City 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sin City 2 - 2/9/2006 4:33:37 PM   
monkeyinmyhead

Again im one of those people who must have just not liked Sin City. It just dragged on...whilst I like Bruce Willis' bit on the end, I was ready to go when Clive Owens segment ended and when Hartigans story followed on I just wanted to go. Will go see the sequel yeah but found it kinda boring. Mickey Rourke and Benicio del toro were really good though.

"LOOK AT ME."

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 31
RE: Sin City 2 - 2/9/2006 6:54:47 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

I hope Rose McGowan is going to be in Sin City 2 she has a certain look of film-noir about her and also she is starting to become a favourite actress of Tarentino as she is also going to be appearing in Grindhouse, saying that I sure the other 2 ladies will make a good Ava, but I'm gunning for Rose
Cannot wait for this sequel, also does anyone know what happened to the Josh Hartnett character? Is he going to appear in Sin City 2? I cannot wait to see Rourke back though!

(in reply to monkeyinmyhead)
Post #: 32
RE: Sin City 2 - 2/9/2006 8:51:38 PM   
Megatron_Kiddo

Although the other two WOULD be good, Angelina Jolie would be perfect as Ava Lord. The imdb says that the story sees Nancy come to terms with the death of Hartigan, but Mickey Rourke is back as Marv. Now, that doesn't sound right, unless it's all twisty turny time travelling narrative. And with Clive Owens character hooking up with Ava, where does that leave Gail? Enlighten me

< Message edited by Megatron_Kiddo -- 2/9/2006 8:52:55 PM >

How about the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away? WITH MIND BULLETS!

(in reply to Sugar Kowalczyk)
Post #: 33
RE: Sin City 2 - 3/9/2006 12:18:40 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

I think Marv had a history before we met him in the first film. Ah, the magic of Hollywood!

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Megatron_Kiddo)
Post #: 34
RE: Sin City 2 - 3/9/2006 9:40:00 PM   
angrytapes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Megatron_Kiddo

Although the other two WOULD be good, Angelina Jolie would be perfect as Ava Lord. The imdb says that the story sees Nancy come to terms with the death of Hartigan, but Mickey Rourke is back as Marv. Now, that doesn't sound right, unless it's all twisty turny time travelling narrative. And with Clive Owens character hooking up with Ava, where does that leave Gail? Enlighten me

set before his part in Sin City, if I remember correctly. He has some sort of surgery though so maybe no Owen. Is Depp still down to be the guy in the last book (cant remember that title neither)? Thought the last one was a bit crazy but still good.

When I first saw Sin City I couldnt wipe the stupid grin off my face, I used to be a massive comics geek about ten years ago and this just reaffirmed my love of Comics. A lot of people walked out (not at a a particular scene, just in general), but people are stupid. Bought all the comics the day after I saw it.

HAd the R1 special edition for ages and still not watched the extended version. Will have to do so as soon as my shift ends. 

I'm a pimp... and pimps don't commit suicide.

(in reply to Megatron_Kiddo)
Post #: 35
RE: Sin City 2 - 4/9/2006 2:26:35 PM   
matthewforan

Right this is for all the people who want to know more about the second film without reading the graphic novels. I will try not to spoil anything.

The story is set before Dwight (Owen) meets Shellie (Murphy) but it is after his relationship with Gail (Dawson) he meets a girl called Ava that drives him wild, I mean crazy. But she leaves him for a rich guy. Dwight is driven mad as he tries to figure out why she left him. Several months later Ava walks into the bar that Dwight and Marv are drinking in (all the gin joints in all the world), she is then taken away by Manute back to her husband. There are some double crossing, as Dwight and Marv go to try and rescue Ava.

It is a great story, with some great plot twists. I can not wait.

As for the Nancy story i'm not sure what is going to happen, but i think that she is going to track down Roark and get revenge.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to angrytapes)
Post #: 36
RE: sin city 2 - 5/9/2006 9:41:32 PM   
LoganX

I feel that I must say that A Dame to kill for is the best of the Sin City book because it's more like true Film Noir and I am more excited about how they do this segment than any of the others. They have to get it right as it oozes tension, darkness, obsession (never let the monster out) and lust from every corner. From the opening scene with Dwight taking pictures of  seedy sexual liasons, the male desperation is wonderful. I'm interested to see how they do Dwight's face pre - operation but Clive Owen better smarten up his delivery. I felt that too often he was unable to really give off the narrative voice that this genre craves and certainly the one Willis provided as Hartigan.

I rewatched the first one recently and for me Owen's not cutting the Mustard. He looks the part but he just can't speak, sorry but  it's true.

As for all the Alba fans, the less she says the better. I believe the avenging of Hartigan story will  be in Sin City 3 along with Hell and Back, the 7th book.

Sin city 2 will also include Family Values that deals with Dwight, Deadly little Miho and Mob boss Wallenquist. Dwight versus the mob basically. I could be wrong there but it's what I've heard. There will probably be a couple of shorts a  la Hartnett,  used again as fillers (Best hting for him if you ask me, another Oak constitute).

I am very excited about the new movies ( both of them) and let's hope it doesn't go horribly wrong because despite the good source material, well y'know.......
Post #: 37
RE: sin city 2 - 5/9/2006 9:48:09 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm not clued up on the graphic novels but I'd like to see more of hartigan and mickey rourkes character. They were my favourite stories of the movie.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to LoganX)
Post #: 38
RE: sin city 2 - 5/9/2006 10:08:10 PM   
matthewforan

Well what do you want to know Juanvasquez. I have the Sin City graphic novels and so if there is anything you want to know about them i will be able to tell you. As for Marv, i think that he is Frank Miller's favourite, i think i remember him saying.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 39
RE: sin city 2 - 5/9/2006 10:14:21 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Well what do you want to know Juanvasquez. I have the Sin City graphic novels and so if there is anything you want to know about them i will be able to tell you. As for Marv, i think that he is Frank Miller's favourite, i think i remember him saying.

I just want to know if theres a chance of them being in the new films. due to the fact they both snuffed it in the first film.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 40
RE: Sin City 2 - 5/9/2006 10:23:40 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar Kowalczyk

I hope Rose McGowan is going to be in Sin City 2 she has a certain look of film-noir about her and also she is starting to become a favourite actress of Tarentino as she is also going to be appearing in Grindhouse, saying that I sure the other 2 ladies will make a good Ava, but I'm gunning for Rose
Cannot wait for this sequel, also does anyone know what happened to the Josh Hartnett character? Is he going to appear in Sin City 2? I cannot wait to see Rourke back though!

Rose McGowan's in the Rodriguez Grindhouse movie Sugar, not the Tarantino one, didn't you see the cool "gunlady" poster in the magazine this month?

I think the directors are gunning for Jolie, if truth be told. McGowan would a backup choice at best. I'm more interested in whether they'll recast Dwight in line with the stories. I vote Ed Norton if they do.

Post #: 41
RE: sin city 2 - 5/9/2006 10:26:46 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

I just want to know if theres a chance of them being in the new films. due to the fact they both snuffed it in the first film.

Yes Marv will be in the next film he helps Dwight in his quest to help Ava. He is one of the key characters in the main story A Dame To Kill For. Hope that's useful to you.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 42
RE: Sin City 2 - 5/9/2006 10:52:17 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar Kowalczyk

Rose McGowan's in the Rodriguez Grindhouse movie Sugar, not the Tarantino one, didn't you see the cool "gunlady" poster in the magazine this month?

I think the directors are gunning for Jolie, if truth be told. McGowan would a backup choice at best. I'm more interested in whether they'll recast Dwight in line with the stories. I vote Ed Norton if they do.

She's actually in both movies  But yeah the gunlady poster was awesome!
I'm serious now Rose HAS to be Ava seriously every picture I see rose in she is a true femme fatale, and I don't think she would mind showing of her body remember that dress, well if you can call it a dress!!
[image]http://www.malefirst.co.uk/images/rose-mcgowan-charmed-planet.jpg[/image]
She even looks like Ava!

plus was that the last we saw of Benecio Del toro as Jackie Boy? It'll be a shame if it was

< Message edited by Sugar Kowalczyk -- 5/9/2006 10:55:00 PM >

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 43
RE: Sin City 2 - 5/9/2006 11:17:16 PM   
matthewforan

[/quote]
plus was that the last we saw of Benecio Del toro as Jackie Boy? It'll be a shame if it was
[/quote]

Well he isn't in any of the other Graphic Novels so I don't think we'll see him again.

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 44
RE: Sin City 2 - 6/9/2006 11:59:05 AM   
Lang

Is there an origin story for hartigan? Like how he got that scar?

Post #: 45
RE: Sin City 2 - 6/9/2006 12:30:04 PM   
matthewforan

It's so funny i was reading "That Yellow Bastard" last night and i thought it would be cool if there was a stroy involving how he got the scar. But Hartigan is not in any of the other books, so there is no explanation to how he got it.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 46
RE: Sin City 2 - 12/9/2006 7:25:07 PM   
tenacious k

When i first started watching sin city the sheer fact that it was in black and white disturbed me but i got used to it so quickly because it was such a good film, but i've gotta say that i think it'll be better off without a sequel as the first one was simply one of a kind

In case I dont see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Post #: 47
RE: Sin City 2 - 18/1/2007 6:59:56 PM   
matthewforan

Well the latest news is that Rachel Weisz will be playing Ava Lord. What a great idea, it comes after RR doesn't want to wait any longer of Jolie to say yes. And to be fair i think Rachel Weisz is perfect for the role.

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 48
RE: Sin City 2 - 19/1/2007 7:20:31 PM   
Film boff

I'm definatly gonna watch this!
The 1st one was awesome.

"You Can't Drink A Pint Of Bovril!"

Post #: 49
RE: Sin City 2 - 20/1/2007 4:35:48 PM   
xcore

Isn't Rodriguez doing Grindhouse now because of problems with Frank Miller or/and Angelina Jolie?
Thats what I heard.
I don't think it will be out for a while.
But still Grindhouse should be immense.

Mr. White: Toby? Toby Wong. Toby Wong? Toby Wong. Toby Chung? Fucking Charlie Chan. I got Madonna's big dick coming out of my left ear, and Toby the Jap... I-don't-know-what coming out of my right.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 50
RE: Sin City 2 - 21/1/2007 4:02:05 PM   
matthewforan

Yeah the whole Jolie thing was the reason for him doing Grindhouse but now he is ready to do it with a different leading lady.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to xcore)
Post #: 51
RE: Sin City 2 - 21/1/2007 4:13:19 PM   
BatFan

So is it still coming out this year? or is it now next year?

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

Post #: 52
RE: Sin City 2 - 21/1/2007 10:53:50 PM   
matthewforan

Looks like it might be next year Christmas, possible early 2009 which is a bit of a while.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 53
RE: Sin City 2 - 22/1/2007 4:35:59 PM   
ace14

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the story behind why Dwayne had to get his new face, forgive my obviousness but does that mean Clive Owen wont be in this one.

The Dredd thread is sucking my will to live

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that

Post #: 54
RE: Sin City 2 - 22/1/2007 5:09:46 PM   
Charles B. Potatoes

Have to be totally honest, I watched it again last night and my original opinion of it hasn't changed.

Didn't like it. What I noticed about it this time round was just how poorly acted and written it was. The attempted 'hard boiled' voiceovers just didn't work and nobody in it seemed to display any emotion whatsoever. It was like the entire cast was just reading their lines off a card behind the camera.

None of the stories were particularly gripping and it was the same story told 3 times in a row. Man save vulnerable woman...

Looked incredible though!

If you ask me Skywalker was bloody lucky to turn off his guidance system.

(in reply to ace14)
Post #: 55
RE: Sin City 2 - 23/1/2007 1:08:17 PM   
fantasy89

quote:

Looks like it might be next year Christmas, possible early 2009 which is a bit of a while.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm not me, I'm you!

Post #: 56
RE: Sin City 2 - 23/1/2007 1:11:35 PM   
fantasy89

quote:

Yeah the whole Jolie thing was the reason for him doing Grindhouse but now he is ready to do it with a different leading lady.

I didnt know about this new piece of info... thanks! so no Angie eh!? better of then!!  so is it or is it not Jhonny Depp be in this movie??

I'm not me, I'm you!

Post #: 57
RE: Sin City 2 - 24/1/2007 2:55:20 PM   
matthewforan

No Depp will not be in Sin City 2, however he maybe in the 3rd one. The story following the Graphic Novel Hell and Back, give it a try it's a great GN. But Sin City 2 will be mainly following A Dame To Kill For which is even better.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to fantasy89)
Post #: 58
RE: It will definately be cool... - 24/1/2007 9:47:27 PM   
i killed bill

cant wait
bring on jolie

''let me tell you about this guy i know jack,he's a mean kid,bad seed, hurt a lot of people''
''why i like him already''
Post #: 59
RE: Sin City 2 - 12/2/2007 3:34:00 PM   
Timon

I don't think Jolie is fully committed and I've heard Rodriguez has had to look around for someone else - possibly Salma Hayek. Nice!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to i killed bill)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Sin City 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI