Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 17/11/2006 3:47:27 PM   
matty_b

Ok guys, I need a little help and apologies if this is off-topic, but I just need a few pointers in the right direction...

My 7 year old son has started getting into football in the last couple of years, and in typical 7 year old style has chosen to support his local team (Sunderland) and the most successful team (Chelsea), so as an early xmas present I'd like to take him to the Newcastle v Chelsea CC quarter final. Getting to Newcastle won't be a problem - but I want to get tickets for the Chelsea section. Will I have to go through the official Chelsea website for those I take it? And if so, what do you think the chances of getting some are?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 151
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 17/11/2006 4:04:26 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Ok guys, I need a little help and apologies if this is off-topic, but I just need a few pointers in the right direction...

My 7 year old son has started getting into football in the last couple of years, and in typical 7 year old style has chosen to support his local team (Sunderland) and the most successful team (Chelsea), so as an early xmas present I'd like to take him to the Newcastle v Chelsea CC quarter final. Getting to Newcastle won't be a problem - but I want to get tickets for the Chelsea section. Will I have to go through the official Chelsea website for those I take it? And if so, what do you think the chances of getting some are?

In all honesty my first move would be to try and get into a family section through Newcastle. This should be both sets of fans.
Otherwise I would contact your local Chelsea supporters club who are most likely to get you tickets.
After that its to the club direct and then finally its in the Newcastle end

I shouldn't think you'd have a problem, its a midweek game, its on the tv (I think) and Chelsea fans will be getting ready for the Champions League matches.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 152
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 17/11/2006 4:13:07 PM   
matty_b

Cheers mate, much appreciated

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 153
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 11:59:39 AM   
*emz6*

right Werder Bremmen away today guys, any predictions obviously the team is minus Lamps but think it wont make to much difference seeing that Ballack has had a rest so should be nice and fresh for the match.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 154
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 1:01:08 PM   
Sinatra

I'm glad Cole is getting 90 mins...  starting to worry about his lack of games...
Think we'll win 2-1...or draw 1-1 but it won't be a disaster if we lose!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 155
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 1:06:28 PM   
*emz6*

i think bremmen are a good side actually so i think we will need to play well, im not to worried bout Joe coz hes still gettin back to match fitness from the injury so once he starts hitting form he will get more playing time, altho like u said its nice to see him get a full game tonight i hope he plays well.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 156
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 1:55:48 PM   
Skiba

It would be quite funny if Barca didn't qualify but I don't think we'll lose tonight...1-1 or 2-1 for me too

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 157
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 2:04:19 PM   
impqueen

I believe we will win 1-0- in a twisted way I want Barca to qualify so we can just beat them again...But WB are a great team despite some poor domestic performances.

Yes, always.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 158
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 2:39:37 PM   
WilliamMunny

Bremen are a very tough side to beat, i don't think that there will be many goals. I'd say a 0-0 draw would be a good bet, though 1-0 either way would be a fair call too.

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 159
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 22/11/2006 5:32:07 PM   
*emz6*

i agree it will be low scoring, i think it may be a 1-0 win to us but its also possible that they might sneek a goal i think their a pretty handy team. Also some part of me really doesnt want Barca to qualify.

Bit off topic here but i have to say i think a suprise team is going to win it this year much like Porto a few years back and Liverpool to a certain extent. I dont think one of the really big guns will win it, im not sure if that counts chelsea out or not.....

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 160
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 23/11/2006 10:54:02 AM   
WilliamMunny

A 1-0 loss last night for Chelski but they are through to the knockout stages anyway, i didn't see the game last night so i've only heard whats in the papers. Drogba apparently limped off with an ankle injury and is a doubt for the match against Man U at the weekend. John Terry booked for dissent and will miss the final game against Levski - but that games a dead rubber anyway so it doesn't matter.

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 161
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 23/11/2006 11:17:28 AM   
Sinatra

Yeah, as I said yesterday... wasn't bothered about this game.
We're through and barca have got to beat the German's in order to get through!

It does show how much we miss Lamps when he doesn't play....

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 162
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 23/11/2006 11:25:39 AM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Yeah, as I said yesterday... wasn't bothered about this game.
We're through and barca have got to beat the German's in order to get through!

It does show how much we miss Lamps when he doesn't play....

Yeah, Ballack is still finding his feet unfortunatly.

The free kick that led to their goal really made me laugh, no blame attached to anyone as the ref couldnt see it properly and the guy just fell over his own feet, he looked really embaressed until the ref gave a free kick 

Still suprised Obi is getting some stick, I though he played really well for a young lad against a pretty decent side. Probably the 1st time ever I have wanted us to lose 1-0 though!

Come on werder, you can do it!

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 163
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 23/11/2006 11:55:50 AM   
*emz6*

also levski are sooooo bad its unreal they really cannot defend so i think we really should get a win against them.

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 164
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 27/11/2006 9:13:15 AM   
jesseLujack

Great result and performance yesterday. 

1st half United slightly edged it but were nowhere near as dominant as we were in the 2nd half, we looked like the home side while they still looked a threat on the break.

The only dissapointment would be the lack of clear cut chances we created, whilst we kept possesion well, we missed an in-form Cole or Robben, capable of opening United up.

On the plus side there was a great performance from A Cole,  looks like he is getting back to his best.  Him tapping his pocket and pointing at Ronaldo was quality.

Also it was very important we kept the gap to 3 points.  United have to go to Anfield and the Emirates as well as Stamford Bridge, so im pretty confident they will drop points.

I have to say the referee was fantastic, he could of easily been conned by Vidic's playacting but was very sensible about it and generally got most of the decisions correct.

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 165
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 27/11/2006 9:38:08 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

On the plus side there was a great performance from A Cole,  looks like he is getting back to his best.  Him tapping his pocket and pointing at Ronaldo was quality.

Also it was very important we kept the gap to 3 points.  United have to go to Anfield and the Emirates as well as Stamford Bridge, so im pretty confident they will drop points.

I have to say the referee was fantastic, he could of easily been conned by Vidic's playacting but was very sensible about it and generally got most of the decisions correct.

Agreed.
Not a classic, but still an enjoyable game... fuck knows how Carrick got man of the match?
For me Cole controlled Ronaldo very well.... and was by far the best player yesterday, but what do
you expect when Steve McClaren is one of the 2 judges...

Much better result for us than it was for Utd... Bolton will be a tough game.

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 166
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 27/11/2006 12:15:36 PM   
*emz6*

i agree i thought Cole was great yesterday, im really annoyed with Robben though still.

i think hes a bottler, he just passes the buck all the time, there were a number of occasions when he got the ball and literally just hoofed it anywhere and then held his hands up at his team mates like 'why werent you there'. drives me made i dont mind if he has a bad game i just want him to stand up and be counted.

anyway im pleased we didnt lose, i think Man Utd fans must be feeling a bit after that game 'what the fuck have we got to do to beat them'. even when they outplayed us at first and had many clear cut chances to rap it up we still end up grabbing a goal and dominating the second half.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 167
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 30/11/2006 12:44:51 AM   
*emz6*

pretty pleased with the lads today the first half we really should have killed them off but its a good win at a tough place to go. was nice to see Sheva have a moment of some magic, i have to say i think hes a lovely bloke a great pro but i really feel hes lost some pace and is slightly slower now, also its clear from his touch and movement with the ball that hes used to having much much more time and space when hes in possesion, i hope he adjust coz i want so badly for him to be great but i just feel that maybe hes lost the edge that made him world class, anyway hopefully im wrong.

Ballack pops up with a goal and a good one at that which is nice to see, hes still doing things quietly and pretty well in midfield but hes not exploded yet, i think it just shows how great Lampsy is actually. Nice to see Kalou fit again, he was shite when he came on but prior to his injury he was performing well and showing promise so im sure he'll begin growing in maturity.

Interesting to see Robben not on the bench, commentators said it was due to a knock but as i understand it he was simply dropped after Jose wasnt impressed with his effort and use of the ball at Utd. Its no secret im not keen on him, but interesting still.

ermmm think that just about covers it for tonights game, actually Carlo was worth a mention, i have been slightly worried about his positional sense especially on high balls and crosses but today he performed well and made a few really good saves that earned us the win, i have nowhere near as much faith in him as Cechy and it shows how bloody fantastic Cech is and what a difference he makes, however i love Carlo and hes improving with matches.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 168
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 30/11/2006 1:02:08 PM   
impqueen

Carlo was awesome last night showing signs of what he was like when he was out number 1 keeper, Ballack was great and Sheva showed some class too.

Robben was dropped for sucking against Man United and Joe Cole has a bruised foot...

Good week for us really 4 points from 6 away in the North Though I can't help but feel that teams seem to be rolling over for United once they go behind...which is screwing up the goal difference. 

< Message edited by impqueen -- 30/11/2006 1:03:04 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 169
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 30/11/2006 2:05:29 PM   
*emz6*

i know what your saying but i think we should just forgot about the goal difference now coz its just to much now if we're gonna win then we we're just gonna have to do it by points

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 170
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 10:00:04 AM   
Sinatra

How fucking shit is SWP's???

He's like a rabbit caught in the headlights...

On Sunday he was Arsenal's best player when he came on and as for last night????
Time after time he just falls over, loses the ball and just simply messes things up.

It's time to part company - he's got no confidence and needs to join a club like West Ham where he can
hopefully mature as a player. (Though I thought he'd already dome that at City)

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 14/12/2006 10:02:54 AM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 171
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 11:15:12 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

How fucking shit is SWP's???

He's like a rabbit caught in the headlights...

On Sunday he was Arsenal's best player when he came on and as for last night????
Time after time he just falls over, loses the ball and just simply messes things up.

It's time to part company - he's got no confidence and needs to join a club like West Ham where he can
hopefully mature as a player. (Though I thought he'd already dome that at City)

Ahhh the chickens come home to roost, brilliant

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 172
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 11:16:57 AM   
Sinatra

No chickens... he's just shite mate.
If he was your best player?? well,.... what can I say.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 173
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 11:25:32 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

And if you mugs can stump up the cash we'll snap your hand off.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 174
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 11:39:46 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

And if you mugs can stump up the cash we'll snap your hand off.

You're not wrong there....

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 175
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 12:42:28 PM   
belluccisbra

A good performance by a patched up Newcastle side almost got a point until a sheva miss que set up Drogba. annoying but the result/performance by Newcastle far better than expected.
Ballack is very very average at the minute luckily you've got Eissen who appears to do the work of two men
slightly worried by Mourinho's praise for Taylor after the match- hes ours!

Exterminate all rational thought

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 176
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 2:25:29 PM   
*emz6*

i was at both games, and the performance from the team was very similar in each match. the midfield just wasnt gettin stuck in and getting a handle on the game at all. Baring Essien, who was absolute quality in both matches especially last night he worked his arse off.

Im starting to get annoyed with Ballack, hes looking more and more off-pace during games. he really didnt make much impact at all during either game, and its very fustrating that Jose called him an 'untouchable' when i believe we would create more chances if we dropped Ballack, played Maka and the wide men.

Im not Robben's biggest fan but he was very good last night, really working for the team and winning the ball back. It would be great to see him back on top form and i think hes slowly getting there.

As for Wright-Phillips?? Let him go and be shit somewhere else, he was so bad when he came on against Arsenal i thought he should be wearing a red shirt! He gave them the ball about 7 times, and the other time he touched it he did one good run.

He got an chance last night to show his stuff against a injury hit Newcastle, and he should be feeling good at the moment after his goal the other day. But he was so bad i almost felt sorry for him. His touch was rubbish, and he missed the best chance of the first half, when he nearly connected with Kalou's knock down. People say hes not had a chance at Chelsea, but thats crap. Hes made over 60 apps and those werent all 10mins when a game is won. Hes done things against some teams, then got awarded a start, and then just been so poor that hes making no influence. Its not Chelseas job to play him every game on the hope that he might get good, hes had his chances and hes not taken them its as simple as that. I hope we sell him.

< Message edited by *emz6* -- 14/12/2006 3:44:46 PM >

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 177
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 2:34:18 PM   
Sinatra

Completely agree mate.... and glad you're starting to see Robben in the same light as me.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 178
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 2:53:56 PM   
belluccisbra

Any chance you'd send him to Newcastle?
we need players, hell any player will do at the minute

NUFC- where Chelsea rejects go to while away their days

< Message edited by belluccisbra -- 14/12/2006 2:55:43 PM >

Exterminate all rational thought

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 179
RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! - 14/12/2006 2:54:35 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: belluccisbra

Any chance you'd send him to Newcastle?
we need players, hell any player will do at the minute

NUFC- where Chelsea rejects go to while away their time

How's Owen doing mate?

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI