Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/6/2014 1:24:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 6571
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/6/2014 1:41:17 PM   
Sinatra

Hazard has just been talking about how he's looking forward to playing with the number 10 on his shirt... I dont think he's going anywhere this season.

Post #: 6572
RE: Chelsea Thread - 6/6/2014 12:57:46 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

Could be wrong on this one, but I just think its a case of the manager not fancying him, and being stubborn about it. Lukaku still have weaknesses, but given Chelsea's current striking options I think he would have been a useful playing to bring back in. Then again if they get the big name striker they crave then they may not need him.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6573
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 4:11:42 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Cesc confirmed, and he qualifies as locally developed so it seems a good signing for Chelsea.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 12/6/2014 4:14:04 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 6574
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 4:52:26 PM   
Sinatra

Yeah I guess... this must mean that we are letting somebody else go... Perhaps Oscar.

Cesc has always been blue through and through...

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 6575
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 6:08:44 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Great signing, I think it's a good fit for both club and player.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 12/6/2014 6:09:14 PM >

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6576
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2014 3:09:11 PM   
gazpop

Hi Blues
I have posted in the fantasy thread as to whats happening this year. Well, looks like nobody's looking forward to the football this season......

As we have 3 days left here is the code for the Empire league I have created and imaginatively called 'Empire Fantasy Football League'. It's always fallen to YFU to do this previously but maybe he's away or just tired of people waiting for him to do it.? Anyway....

623092-402866

See who I see on there I guess......

gp
ps-spread the word.....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 6577
Page:   <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI