Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/6/2014 1:24:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 6571
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/6/2014 1:41:17 PM   
Sinatra

Hazard has just been talking about how he's looking forward to playing with the number 10 on his shirt... I dont think he's going anywhere this season.

Post #: 6572
RE: Chelsea Thread - 6/6/2014 12:57:46 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

Could be wrong on this one, but I just think its a case of the manager not fancying him, and being stubborn about it. Lukaku still have weaknesses, but given Chelsea's current striking options I think he would have been a useful playing to bring back in. Then again if they get the big name striker they crave then they may not need him.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6573
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 4:11:42 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Cesc confirmed, and he qualifies as locally developed so it seems a good signing for Chelsea.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 12/6/2014 4:14:04 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 6574
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 4:52:26 PM   
Sinatra

Yeah I guess... this must mean that we are letting somebody else go... Perhaps Oscar.

Cesc has always been blue through and through...

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 6575
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2014 6:08:44 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Great signing, I think it's a good fit for both club and player.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 12/6/2014 6:09:14 PM >

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6576
Page:   <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI