Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 8/5/2013 9:30:10 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Any donkey can score a wonder goal...where's that come from? He's been terrible!

Ade-Bale-or

Who is this fella that's been the difference today?

Benayoun ahead of Lampard is one of the many reasons Rafa annoys Chelsea fans

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6241
RE: Chelsea Thread - 8/5/2013 9:34:59 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Nah, he's just saving him for the Euro final so he can score a hat-trick and take the record in style.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 6242
RE: Chelsea Thread - 9/5/2013 1:15:04 AM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

Any donkey can score a wonder goal...where's that come from? He's been terrible!

Ade-Bale-or

Who is this fella that's been the difference today?

He's always made questionable substitutions, still 4 points out of the last two games aint bad going though Chelsea deserved the win yesterday tbf. It was a cracking game too which I found fairly surprising.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 6243
RE: Chelsea Thread - 9/5/2013 2:28:56 PM   
Sinatra

Fucking Benetiz...

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6244
RE: Chelsea Thread - 9/5/2013 9:28:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Hearing reports that Falcao is off to AS Monaco.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6245
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/5/2013 2:51:40 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Congrats to Frank, in my opinion a real winner.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 6246
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/5/2013 3:07:48 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Congrats to Frank, in my opinion a real winner.

Not sure what else he can do get himself a new deal to be honest.

No he's not as young and quick and nimble as he once was, but on his day he's still a terrific player and I have to agree with Jamie Redknapp (partial nepotism it may be) about him being a leader and inspiration for young players coming through, he plays the game the way it should be and is someone to aspire too in the team, especially with some of the other veterans being quite, shall we say, questionable, in that respect.

Great win for Chelsea, but Gary Cahill was fucking awful today wasn't he?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 6247
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/5/2013 4:12:13 PM   
Skiba

Frank was the difference today as he is a lot of the time...the amount of winning goals he's got is incredible. This is what you get when he plays...Rafa take note for wed

So pleased he got the record...sign him up!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 6248
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/5/2013 1:02:06 PM   
Sinatra

The best £11,000,000 the club has ever spent...

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 13/5/2013 1:03:21 PM >

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 6249
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 10:00:48 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Frank gets the captaincy tonight.

Apparently JT won't feature, unless they win when he'll hobble onto the pitch in his kit for team photos

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6250
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 10:15:41 AM   
Skiba

quote:

Frank gets the captaincy tonight.

Apparently JT won't feature, unless they win when he'll hobble onto the pitch in his kit for team photos

I'm just glad he's playing! No Hazard though so maybe Moses and Mata wide or a different system...the former I'd imagine.

Post #: 6251
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 11:09:43 AM   
Sinatra

I thinks it's more likely that Ramires will start...

I'm feeling nervous, Benfica's front line are pretty useful...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 6252
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 1:37:24 PM   
impqueen

end-of-season play-off

Yes, always.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6253
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 1:46:12 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Is it just if they are equal on points and GD? I'd prefer they went back to head-to-head results or number of goals scored tbh. Guess it will only happen if Chelsea draw and Arsenal win by a goal though.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 6254
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 2:05:11 PM   
emogeek

quote:

Is it just if they are equal on points and GD? I'd prefer they went back to head-to-head results or number of goals scored tbh. Guess it will only happen if Chelsea draw and Arsenal win by a goal though.

Goals scored is taken into account when determining final placings.

I think the records therefore only finish level if Chelsea draw and Arsenal win by 1 goal, while scoring 2 more than Chelsea.

Ie - if Chelsea were to finish 1-1, Arsenal would need to win 3-2 for the records to be level. 0-0/2-1 2-2/4-3 and so on.

Although I'm sure Chelsea would be happy if it did go on head to head!

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 6255
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 2:37:55 PM   
matty_b

Agree with every word of this -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/benitez-deserves-chelsea-thanks-praise-235131534.html

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 6256
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 2:47:45 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Agree with every word of this -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/benitez-deserves-chelsea-thanks-praise-235131534.html

Totally agree. If Abramovich knew anything about football he'd hold onto Benitez. The fact that he's steadied the ship, got them to a final and in the last few months has had them playing better football than they have all season seems to have passed the anti-Rafa brigade by. Oh hang on, he's only responsible when the team do badly isn't he?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6257
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 2:49:24 PM   
matty_b

I do also wonder how many Chelsea fans hold that quote that he never, ever said against him?

quote:

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 6258
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 3:24:45 PM   
Sinatra

He isn't the right man for Chelsea. His win ratio is poor, his PL form has been bad, and his decisions at times have been bizarre.

On the plus side, he has managed to get the best out of Luiz in midfield and steered us to the Europa Final. But then, a lot of anagers could have managed that with the squad we have.

The league results have been the most disappointing part of his reign though... it's not his fault, he wanted the money and who can blame him. Robbie should have had a full season, he deserved it.

Now, there - can - be - only - one...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6259
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 3:56:42 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

He isn't the right man for Chelsea. His win ratio is poor, his PL form has been bad, and his decisions at times have been bizarre.

On the plus side, he has managed to get the best out of Luiz in midfield and steered us to the Europa Final. But then, a lot of anagers could have managed that with the squad we have.

The league results have been the most disappointing part of his reign though... it's not his fault, he wanted the money and who can blame him. Robbie should have had a full season, he deserved it.

Now, there - can - be - only - one...

His win ratio's better than De Matteo's and he's pretty much got third place sewn up. Considering when he came it looked like you were heading for 5th or 6th at best that's pretty good going. And the football's way better now too.
As for Luiz, well, neither AVB or De Matteo managed to get the best out of him. And come on, if Robbie had got yous to the Europa final - lest we forget the same Robbie who made such a sterling job of defending the European Cup - you'd all be hailing him a hero.
And again, if you think third place is disappointing after the form you were in when he took over you're kidding yourself.
Let's be honest, if it hadn't been for him having the temerity to stick up for the club he managed years ago how many of you would really have a problem with the bloke? And even if yopu can't get past that, any Chelsea fan who refuses to accept that he's done a good job is beyond help.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 15/5/2013 4:00:24 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6260
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 4:46:54 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

His win ratio's better than De Matteo's

No it isnt. it's 56.5% to 59.5%.

quote:

Considering when he came it looked like you were heading for 5th or 6th at best that's pretty good going

Errr, we were 3rd and 4 points off the top.

quote:

any Chelsea fan who refuses to accept that he's done a good job is beyond help.

Not really, he's a friggin oddball and our league form has been terrible.

Post #: 6261
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 4:50:23 PM   
jonson

To be honest I thought he'd done a fantastic job and assume the Chelsea fans had all but forgiven him (for whatever it was he had done)
I would also imagine Lampard will be more likely to stay with a bit of stability.
As for Mourinho, well, I think it's the same situation we (Leicester) are in with O'Neill. The guy is God, gave us the best years of our generation, but could he repeat it during a second spell? No.
I don't think Mourinho would repeat his success again either.
And as for balloon head Di Matteo, he's hardly been snatched by another club, which speaks volumes IMO.
Benitez has done what he was asked to do and will finish the job with a huge amount of respect, I think he looks to be a better manager and motivator than when he was at Liverpool. Abramovic would be a mug to get rid of him if you ask me.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 6262
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 4:52:51 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Abramovic would be a mug to get rid of him if you ask me.

I wasn't so fuck off!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6263
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 4:59:02 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

His win ratio's better than De Matteo's

No it isnt. it's 56.5% to 59.5%.

quote:

Considering when he came it looked like you were heading for 5th or 6th at best that's pretty good going

Errr, we were 3rd and 4 points off the top.

quote:

any Chelsea fan who refuses to accept that he's done a good job is beyond help.

Not really, he's a friggin oddball and our league form has been terrible.

Okay, fair enough I got the ratio the wrong way round. Though as there's very little in it, it's beyond me how you can attack Benitez for it but heap praise on De Matteo. And Chelsea may well have been third but their form was terrible (2 wins in 8 or something), they were plummeting fast and they were far off the great form they'd shown in the opening month of the season. Does the fact that Benitez has clearly got them playing as good (if not better) football as those glittering early performances not count for anything? Hate him all you want for his associations with Liverpool (though it's no coincidence that the team's form improved when the wankers calmed down with their banners and booing) but it's obvious he's done a good job and sure, I get that you all want Mourinho back but if Abramovich was serious about wanting stability and understood the game he'd stick with the spaniard.
Mind, I hope you do get rid so that those rumours of him coming to Newcastle come to beautiful fruition. Hmm.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6264
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 5:06:44 PM   
matty_b

They always say you should never go back, and I believe that. Mourinho returning smacks of desperation on both his behalf and Abramovich's. That, and the fact he was blatantly batting his eyelids at Man U for months does nothing to convince me that this isn't going to end in tears.

Having said that, he will clearly have an immediate impact and the changes at both Utd and City means Chelsea should be the early pacesetters next season, but long-term I think this will be a backward step.

And I think the fact that most neutral fans realise Benitez has done a good job, and it's only the hardcore Chelsea fans don't speaks volumes to me.

quote:

Post #: 6265
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 5:15:20 PM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

Abramovic would be a mug to get rid of him if you ask me.

I wasn't so fuck off!

fair enough
OK, you can swap him for Nigel fucking Pearson then. That'll shut you up you moaning glory grabbing bleeder.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6266
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 5:16:08 PM   
horribleives

Thing is, I don't even know if it's the hardcore. I've got a friend of a friend in his 40s who's been going regularly since the days when they were lucky to get 10,000 for a home game and he's got little time for the protests and banner-waving and thinks the appointment's been a successful one. I'm not saying he's Benitez's biggest fan either but it shows there are plenty of fans there who are willing to get behind their team no matter who's in charge and accept that he may, just may, have done a good job.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 15/5/2013 5:17:33 PM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6267
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 5:31:22 PM   
directorscut

Does it say something about Chelsea fans that they hate Rafa who is a gentleman and a class act, and love Mourinho who is vile?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 6268
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 5:55:17 PM   
impqueen

Iím going to regret thisÖ

Iíd much prefer Ancelotti to come back than Mourinho; I must be the only Chelsea fan who thinks The Return of the Special One will end in unmitigated disaster. Still I would like my pessimism to be proved wrong.

I think Iím right (no doubt to be loudly declaimed incorrect) that since Rafaís reign began Iíve not been as bone headed or downright stupid as fuck about him as others have been. I merely raised a comical eyebrow when he was initially appointed and several moments of what the fuckery frustration has been visible.* His tactics on occasion have been frankly ludicrous and his substitution timing reminiscent of me playing a crap game of FIFA. Our League form (much like last year) has been poor for the most part; our defence which was initially revitalised has relapsed and become very sloppy costing us points and I think weíve progressed to a Final (could have been a half dozenÖ) due to an embarrassment on the players behalf for some truly shocking first half performances rather than Rafaís outright genius.

BenŪtez was never going to be accepted by the majority and I donít believe itís all simply down to an imaginary quote or at least hope not. I despised Liverpool when we were constantly playing them but that I think was a case of familiarity breeding contempt oh and the fact Mourinho and Rafa always talked utter shit before, probably during and always after the game no matter the result, coming across like spoiled brats throwing mud at each other in the playground and everyone looking a mess in the end. Itís no longer an issue but I can see it brimming under for others, the bitternessÖThe fact he took over from Robbie has been a big factor, one of our own booted for the ďenemyĒ if you like even if Rafa had never been manager of Liverpool I believe the reaction would have been similar, though nowhere near as hostile.

Yet we are in a European Final, we arenít finishing 6th, we have played some lovely football going forward, we should have Championís League Football next season and Luiz in midfield is where he should be played and Rafa is the one who put him there. In the long term I donít believe it would ever work out, in the short term itís a job well done.

* There are others but apparently it doesn't matter because everyone knows Chelsea fans are all plastic twats with little to no class.

Yes, always.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 6269
RE: Chelsea Thread - 15/5/2013 6:03:34 PM   
matty_b

You're my favourite Chelsea supporter, Impqueen

And for old times sake, because your club has actually been doing well and not given me cause to use it -

quote:

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 6270
Page:   <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI