Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 8:18:26 AM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

He may be a little twat but he's still just a kid.

He;s 17 judging by his Twitter account.

Tough paper round.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 6031
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:00:24 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Exactly my thoughts, he's old enough to get married, old enough to drive and his profile picture is of him holding a can of lager do in his mind old enough to drink, people are acting like he's a 12 year old boy.

Going off his tweets he had this all planned and it wasnt sour of the moment.

The only thing I can say is his rolling around theatrics are a bit of a have a taste of your own medicine to all the footballers out there who behave in the same fashion.

I feel sorry for the way Hazard is going to be perceived by general public and press now, he didn't intend to kick the ball boy and I'm still not overly convinced that there was actually any contact.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 6032
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:09:01 AM   
Sinatra

Fucking Benitez....

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6033
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:15:39 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Exactly my thoughts, he's old enough to get married, old enough to drive and his profile picture is of him holding a can of lager do in his mind old enough to drink, people are acting like he's a 12 year old boy.

Going off his tweets he had this all planned and it wasnt sour of the moment.

The only thing I can say is his rolling around theatrics are a bit of a have a taste of your own medicine to all the footballers out there who behave in the same fashion.

I feel sorry for the way Hazard is going to be perceived by general public and press now, he didn't intend to kick the ball boy and I'm still not overly convinced that there was actually any contact.

The Daily Mirror gif thing looked pretty convincing.

I'm interested in the defence of age though - is there an age where it's OK to kick a teenager lying on the ground or it is fair game once they're over, say, 16? Because that seems to be the way the Chelsea section of the twittersphere are going - first he deserved it for timewasting, oh he's a kid, oh wait he's not a kid kid so yes - it's still fine to kick him?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 6034
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:42:46 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Hazard didn't kick him, that's a massive exaggeration on the situation or at least the context the word is being used in. He barely swung his leg and tried to toe poke the ball, if he hit the kid it was not intentional.

If this "kid" was in the stands and ran on to do the same everyone would have been cheering rather than up in arms at Hazard.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6035
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:47:18 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah agreed. He was obviously trying to kick the ball from underneath the ballboy (who was being a dick and should face some sort of punishment himself, if possible, for shielding the ball in the first place) so I reckon it's completely bollocks to state that Hazard's intention was to give the lad a kicking (that's directed at the press not anyone on here).

Doesn't stop Hazard from being an idiot for not seeing how it would be perceived though.

Can't believe I'm actually defending a football player here .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 24/1/2013 10:53:32 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 6036
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:52:24 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

Well, most 17 year-olds have the mentality of twelve year-olds. They're still immature emotionally. I just find it a little distasteful, some of the comments I've read about him deserving to be kicked and so forth. True, he was acting like a twat, and idolising his favourite players by milking his "injury", but that doesn't justify violence. And just for the record, I don't actually think Hazard meant to hurt him from the footage I've seen. He acted poorly, too, but I don't believe there was malicious intent.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 6037
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 11:06:29 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

Well, most 17 year-olds have the mentality of twelve year-olds. They're still immature emotionally. I just find it a little distasteful, some of the comments I've read about him deserving to be kicked and so forth. True, he was acting like a twat, and idolising his favourite players by milking his "injury", but that doesn't justify violence. And just for the record, I don't actually think Hazard meant to hurt him from the footage I've seen. He acted poorly, too, but I don't believe there was malicious intent.

oh really

Post #: 6038
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 11:07:53 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I honestly can't believe the amount of up in arms comments a simple shoeing of a youth has got, when up to last year, it was standard Chelsea policy to shoot the little b*stards.

Post #: 6039
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 11:13:40 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Christ!,its Gary Busey's long lost son.

This could be fake but this was supposedly posted before the match:

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6040
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 11:51:34 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Hazard didn't kick him, that's a massive exaggeration on the situation or at least the context the word is being used in. He barely swung his leg and tried to toe poke the ball, if he hit the kid it was not intentional.

If this "kid" was in the stands and ran on to do the same everyone would have been cheering rather than up in arms at Hazard.

Exactly... anyone who thinks Hazard was trying to hurt the prat who was lying on top of the ball has got this way wrong.
Hazard has said that he doesn't even think he made contact with the bloke. The ball popped out straight away and then the idiot ball-man starts rolling around to get Hazard sent off imo. His reaction is soooo OTT it is obvious he has been watching footballers for years.

I feel sorry for Hazard, he was just trying to get the bloody ball back, there was nothing mallicious in it. Now, if it had been Terry I may not be so open-minded...

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 24/1/2013 11:52:03 AM >

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

Post #: 6041
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 12:16:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

"You can't take the law into your own hands,"

"He lost his head and had to receive a punishment."
the PFA chief Gordon Taylor

Talk about a ott reaction.
Minor the funny gifs/images this really was a non-event.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 24/1/2013 12:47:56 PM >

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 6042
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 12:45:22 PM   
Scott_

At least Hazard didn't do a Cantona, that wouldn't have gone down well but he would've deserved the red for it!. Why are people outraged so easily?

Also, since when are ball boys 17?

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 6043
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 12:47:44 PM   
matty_b

Since when they're the son of the chairman.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6044
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 1:38:55 PM   
elab49

quote:

But I'm talking about those who are commenting elsewhere in the context of a kick at the idiot taking place - 'deserved', etc.

I'm not saying the ballboy wasn't a time-wasting tit by the way. Kicked off the park and a stadium ban certainly. But on the presumption of a kicking (and the video I saw must be a bad angle because I thought the claim of a lack of contact was bobbins) all this rubbish about 'deserving' a kicking is more than a bit off.

quote:

I honestly can't believe the amount of up in arms comments a simple shoeing of a youth has got, when up to last year, it was standard Chelsea policy to shoot the little b*stards.

My favourite was the Suarez would have missed, Cole would have shot, Terry would have shagged. And the one about Liverpool making offers because he held onto the ball for more than 10 secs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 6045
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 1:53:15 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

But I'm talking about those who are commenting elsewhere in the context of a kick at the idiot taking place - 'deserved', etc.

I'm not saying the ballboy wasn't a time-wasting tit by the way. Kicked off the park and a stadium ban certainly. But on the presumption of a kicking (and the video I saw must be a bad angle because I thought the claim of a lack of contact was bobbins) all this rubbish about 'deserving' a kicking is more than a bit off.

quote:

My favourite was the Suarez would have missed, Cole would have shot, Terry would have shagged. And the one about Liverpool making offers because he held onto the ball for more than 10 secs

*coughTorrescough*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6046
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 1:55:34 PM   
Olaf

The young man is evidently a seasoned ballboy, so he should have known about the occupational Hazards really.

(I'll get my coat)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6047
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 2:13:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

twitter:
Man Utd have this morning offered ball boy Charlie Morgan contract after discovering he can hold a ball longer than De Gea .

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 6048
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 2:17:36 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

*coughTorrescough*

Sorry - I was also thinking of the one where Ferguson commented and demanded Suarez be banned

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6049
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 4:09:06 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

The young man is evidently a seasoned ballboy, so he should have known about the occupational Hazards really.

(I'll get my coat)

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 6050
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 4:24:56 PM   
directorscut

quote:

quote:

Well, most 17 year-olds have the mentality of twelve year-olds. They're still immature emotionally. I just find it a little distasteful, some of the comments I've read about him deserving to be kicked and so forth. True, he was acting like a twat, and idolising his favourite players by milking his "injury", but that doesn't justify violence.

Please. Bandying about words like that so easily diminishes real acts of violence and the plight of its sufferers.

Ramires committed a far greater act of violence during the match, almost breaking a Swansea's player leg and nobody seems to be mentioning it due to this farce.

quote:

And just for the record, I don't actually think Hazard meant to hurt him from the footage I've seen.

I don't think he hurt him at all. The force was about as great as a friendly slap on the back.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 6051
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 6:39:40 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

Well, most 17 year-olds have the mentality of twelve year-olds. They're still immature emotionally. I just find it a little distasteful, some of the comments I've read about him deserving to be kicked and so forth. True, he was acting like a twat, and idolising his favourite players by milking his "injury", but that doesn't justify violence.

Please. Bandying about words like that so easily diminishes real acts of violence and the plight of its sufferers.

Erm...what? Don't be so fucking daft, I was referring to the shit I've seen on the net about this story, people saying that he "deserved to have his head kicked in" and worse. I wasn't talking about what actually happened, which was obviously very little, and most probably an accident. Christ Almighty.

quote:

I don't think he hurt him at all. The force was about as great as a friendly slap on the back.

Well, maybe he made contact, maybe he didn't. Either way I don't think Hazard meant to hurt him, if he actually did. And this view was quite clearly expressed in the post with which you took bizarre umbrage. Never once did I accuse him of using violence. So sit down.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 24/1/2013 6:43:03 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 6052
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/1/2013 10:10:41 PM   
Jonty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Haha, that was as funny as fuck. Hazard will obviously get a right bollocking for that, but putting the boot in on a little fat Welsh bastard gets a thumbs up in my book

Is there any need for this remark? Would point out that it looks racist but it's pointless to argue when it's directed at the Welsh, no one gives a fuck about it then.

http://notesfromasmalltaibach.blogspot.com

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6053
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 12:45:58 AM   
Art Decade

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 6054
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 12:54:47 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonty

quote:

Haha, that was as funny as fuck. Hazard will obviously get a right bollocking for that, but putting the boot in on a little fat Welsh bastard gets a thumbs up in my book

Is there any need for this remark? Would point out that it looks racist but it's pointless to argue when it's directed at the Welsh, no one gives a fuck about it then.

There isn't a need, what does his nationality have to do with it? Then I realised who you quoted.

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 6055
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 9:26:19 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

Erm...what? Don't be so fucking daft, I was referring to the shit I've seen on the net about this story, people saying that he "deserved to have his head kicked in" and worse. I wasn't talking about what actually happened, which was obviously very little, and most probably an accident. Christ Almighty.

quote:

Well, maybe he made contact, maybe he didn't. Either way I don't think Hazard meant to hurt him, if he actually did. And this view was quite clearly expressed in the post with which you took bizarre umbrage. Never once did I accuse him of using violence. So sit down.

Absolutely it doesn't, but maybe directorscut saw your post and thought it was referring to the incident, and not the twitter abuse. But i have to go with SHP and Harry Tuttle too; watching the replay of the incident the ballboy was over reacting without a doubt, and i don't feel Hazard had any malicious intent. If you see it from the front you can clearly see him trying to kick the ball from beneath the kid, but other angles it looks like he's giving him a right kicking. But its been taken out of proportion and the media is lapping it up bigtime. As someone else mentioned, you see far worse but no one talks about those.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 25/1/2013 9:28:49 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 6056
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 9:31:26 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Brentford reveal new ballboy dress code for Chelsea game at the weekend.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 6057
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 9:42:01 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

quote:

There isn't a need, what does his nationality have to do with it? Then I realised who you quoted.

Yeah, well known round these parts for being racist. Fool.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 6058
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/1/2013 9:48:51 AM   
borstal

quote:

quote:

The welsh are a race? Fuck!

also this post reminded me of that lamb saying fuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Decade

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 6059
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/1/2013 12:50:44 PM   
impqueen

I thought we were poor against Swansea, that first half (the shit pitch excuse isn't enough) was fucking atrocious.

Yes, always.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 6060
Page:   <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI