Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/10/2006 12:04:17 PM   
impqueen

I do not think we will sign Gigi or for that matter any keeper in the near future.

I was very glad that we beat Barca (even more so that I won a little bet with a mate 25..nice!) anyway I've read the press write ups and even though many are positive about Chelsea and Hilario, I got the feeling we were not being given that much credit, suggestions that Barca weren't very good and that if they we on top form Chelsea wouldn't have won...Sky Sports pricks were the worst...It just annoyed me somewhat.

Barca played good football which is better than most teams who have a great game, we won because we played better, contained their top players and our tactics were far superior to theirs.

Now beating Portsmouth by 3-0 would be just fine.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 20/10/2006 1:01:41 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 31
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/10/2006 12:15:15 PM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I do not think we will sign Gili or for that matter any keeper in the near future.

I was very glad that we beat Barca (even more so that I won a little bet with a mate 25..nice!) anyway I've read the press write ups and even though many are positive about Chelsea and Hilario, I got the feeling we were not being given that much credit, suggestions that Barca weren't very good and that if they we on top form Chelsea wouldn't have won...Sky Sports pricks were the worst...It just annoyed me somewhat.

Barca played good football which is better than most teams who have a great game, we won because we played better, contained their top players and our tactics were far superior to theirs.

Now beating Portsmouth by 3-0 would be just fine.

I see what your saying, its funny im sure if we had lost these boards would have been awash with people opinions on the game as it was a win only serves to keep the wolves at the door.
I suppose this comes with the high level of expectation we have gained over the last couple of years.

Skysports made me laugh, theat penis Souness kept saying how they were a different side and their fight had gone.  To prove this fact he mentioned deco and Trisha not tracking their runners and not looking intrested in defending.  Im pretty sure thats what they have always been like!

It did show that they miss Eto badly though, the lack of a pacey focal point made it very easy for us to defend.

< Message edited by jesseLujack -- 20/10/2006 12:27:07 PM >

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 32
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/10/2006 12:27:31 PM   
impqueen

If we had lost it would be another happy Chelsea bashing day...which always start out as a good laugh but then quickly descend into malicious attacks at both the team and its fans (who aren't apparently allowed to defend their team like other football supporters)

But we won so joy! Now all we need is Sheva to score!  

< Message edited by impqueen -- 20/10/2006 1:01:17 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 33
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/10/2006 1:28:45 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

I was just going by the last time you guys met - it seemed like they done you over way too easily.

Only having 10 players didn't help.

I was actually talking about the 1-0 defeat in Barcelona which was like a training match, and when my fears that Lampard was overrated were sadly confirmed

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 34
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/10/2006 1:44:53 PM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

I was just going by the last time you guys met - it seemed like they done you over way too easily.

I was actually talking about the 1-0 defeat in Barcelona which was like a training match, and when my fears that Lampard was overrated were sadly confirmed

nah come off it you cant judge him on a game where for once Jose got the tactics wrong.  Look at the Bayern Munich game instead.

Although it depends on how overated you mean.  If you mean top 3 in the world then your damn right.

As I said earlier I agree that the majority if not all English players are vastly overated in the little media bubble that exists over here

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 35
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 10:40:30 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

It ended 1-1 in Barcelona....with Lampard scoring, albeit a penalty

He didn't play well though but neither did anyone else really but as Jesse said the tactics weren't right

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 36
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 10:43:00 AM   
Skiba

Good result against pompey but should've been 4 or 5 by half time...and with Sheva scoring may be his confidence will come back and we'll see a few more from him soon

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 37
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 12:12:44 PM   
impqueen

Yeah good result but it should have been 4 or 5; it would have made up our goal difference too.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 38
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 1:10:52 PM   
*emz6*

i was there!!! woo hoo it was a good match for the first 15mins of the second half  we were brilliant but then the lads looked tired.

anyway moving on to weds night i think there will be quite a few changes, Blackburn is a tough place to go at the best of times, so i have a feeling we may go out to them.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 39
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 1:15:04 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

It ended 1-1 in Barcelona....with Lampard scoring, albeit a penalty

He didn't play well though but neither did anyone else really but as Jesse said the tactics weren't right

err yeah exactly... get your facts straight Flukey... even playing shite we managed a draw against them.
11 vs 11 we're just as good and at the moment - better!

Post #: 40
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 2:24:47 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Well we were done over by two poor decsions by the ref.

Yes I know this is the Chelsea board but I'm not going to get a Blades one am I so I'm nicking yours on a Monday afternoon to post my rants. 

Oh yeah and you guys looked good on Sat, the players shouldn't of been booked and Jose should stay off the pitch.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 41
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 2:29:18 PM   
Sinatra

You help yourself mate... always room for a rant or 2 here...

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 42
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/10/2006 9:49:03 PM   
*emz6*

i was loving jose showing his skills was very funny. in the ground it looked like it had gone out tho so the ref got a battering lol all good fun.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 43
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 12:21:44 AM   
*emz6*

need to get this bk on the first page,

come on chelsea fans where r u please dont tell me this forum is overun with bloody liverpool and man u !!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 44
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 10:27:11 AM   
jesseLujack

Good result on saturday, very important save from Hilario early on set us up for the win. Utd had the momentum and if they had taken the lead I wouldnt have been too confident. It was however a joke of a decision though and im glad it didnt cost us.

It was nice to see Kalou follow up a good perfromance at Blackburn with another good showing.

Also good to see L'Arse slipping up again, our matches against the big two (Arse and Starbucks utd) are going to be key this year it seems

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 45
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 10:33:25 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

Good result on saturday, very important save from Hilario early on set us up for the win. Utd had the momentum and if they had taken the lead I wouldnt have been too confident. It was however a joke of a decision though and im glad it didnt cost us.

It was nice to see Kalou follow up a good perfromance at Blackburn with another good showing.

Also good to see L'Arse slipping up again, our matches against the big two (Arse and Starbucks utd) are going to be key this year it seems

Well thats the third penalty we've missed this season, if we can't score them we've got no chance. The penalty was a joke but then again so was the freekick that you were given that Frank scored from.
Still I was pleased that we didn't get stuffed, he need to take our chances but we didn't show ourselves up against Arsenal or Chelsea, we just need to start picking up points starting Saturday against Newcastle.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 46
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 11:09:49 AM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Well thats the third penalty we've missed this season, if we can't score them we've got no chance. The penalty was a joke but then again so was the freekick that you were given that Frank scored from.
Still I was pleased that we didn't get stuffed, he need to take our chances but we didn't show ourselves up against Arsenal or Chelsea, we just need to start picking up points starting Saturday against Newcastle.

I actually think Lampards free kick was good refereeing although I can see why you would be angry. 

As for the pen I think the ref knew he had got it wrong with Ricardo (which should have been a pen) and decided you were due one.

I was very impressed with the way you played and have a feeling you will beat Newcastle (although im quite enjoying Warnocks rants when you lose!)

Post #: 47
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 11:10:45 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Losing Tonge so early didn't help and I think you just lack a bit of cutting edge in the final third...I think Hulse is a decent player but he needs service

Kalou looked good again and he may start in Barcelona

Post #: 48
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 11:11:45 AM   
Sinatra

Jose was very complimentary of the Sheffield fans...  he quite enjoyed the fact they were all telling him
to 'fuck off' - quality!

Post #: 49
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 12:14:44 PM   
Felix

I'd imagine he's pretty used to it by now...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 50
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 2:16:45 PM   
jesseLujack

Speaking of the Sheffield fans this from Jose made me laugh...

I doubt it was red wine!!

Frank Lampard has played down a bottle-throwing incident at Bramall Lane on Saturday, although Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has called for the perpetrator to be jailed.
Towards the end of the Premiership champions' 2-0 win at Sheffield United, a bottle was thrown in Lampard's direction.

The England midfielder was not hit by the object and tried to defuse any lingering tension from the incident.

"It was only a plastic water bottle and there are no hard feelings for me," said Lampard.
"I know it's not something you want to see, but if it had landed on me I might have felt different.
"There was quite good banter in the far corner and nothing nasty aimed at me."

But Mourinho was far from happy with the matter and wants stiff punishment meted out to the Blades supporter who threw the bottle.

Mourinho told The Daily Mail: "It's a serious incident, but what can I say?
"If one guy did it, and if we can catch him and send him home or get him to spend a night in jail, that would be perfect.
"But it wouldn't be fair to punish the club or 30,000 fans. I don't think the club can be punished because of one individual.
"Maybe the guy drank red wine or beer with breakfast instead of milk."

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 51
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/10/2006 2:46:03 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

"Maybe the guy drank red wine or beer with breakfast instead of milk."

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 52
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 12:40:22 PM   
Skiba

So what do we reckon on tonights game then?  If Barca play the same system they did at the Bridge eg without a proper striker, I can see this being a pretty non-event kind of game much the same as last year

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 53
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 12:58:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

So what do we reckon on tonights game then?  If Barca play the same system they did at the Bridge eg without a proper striker, I can see this being a pretty non-event kind of game much the same as last year

I can't see Barca winning it unless someone has a mare at the back. I'm going for anothing Chelsea win to put Barca in hot water in the last group game.

quote:

I actually think Lampards free kick was good refereeing although I can see why you would be angry

It was a freekick for the first offense but then Drogba had the ball and tried a stupid flick which didn't work. He lost you the advantage not the foul so it shouldn't of been given in my eyes. You can't keep waiting and then giving it for a bad touch IMHO.

The bottle thing is a little worrying though, fucking morons I really hate the majority of Blade fans, fucking numpties.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 54
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 1:24:55 PM   
jesseLujack

Yeah Bob the problem with the advantage rule, is deeming when the advantage was lost, and how far to pull the play back.  It seems its left down to the discretion of the referee so is going to vary.

Anyway I would be more concerned about letting Lampard score from that distance, he didnt even need a deflection this time

As for tonight I fear a bit of a Barcelona backlash, Jose has stupidly been stiring it up again and they feel they owe us one.  I can see us losing 2-0 (lets hope im wrong as usual).

I wonder if there will be more discussion if we lose to them, as it was dead after our win?

Post #: 55
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 1:46:32 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

I wonder if there will be more discussion if we lose to them, as it was dead after our win?

Yeah, funny that...

If we lose I guarantee they'll be plenty of comments tomorrow.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw.... I'd like to think we wouldn't concede more than 2....

Post #: 56
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 1:47:36 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

As for tonight I fear a bit of a Barcelona backlash, Jose has stupidly been stiring it up again and they feel they owe us one.

Mourinho has accused Gudjonson of becoming a diver since he signed for Barca. I'm assuming that Drogba will be staying on his feet the entire game

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 57
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 2:06:15 PM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

quote:

As for tonight I fear a bit of a Barcelona backlash, Jose has stupidly been stiring it up again and they feel they owe us one.

Mourinho has accused Gudjonson of becoming a diver since he signed for Barca. I'm assuming that Drogba will be staying on his feet the entire game

every team has their fare share.  The difference is its usually isolated to the flamboyant forwards.  In Spain you get the 'tough centre halfs' throwing themselves all round the pitch!

Its one of those things where everybody turns a blind eye when its their team doing it and screams for blood when it goes against them.

Get Robben on to show em a thing or two about staying on your feet

Post #: 58
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 2:09:15 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

quote:

quote:

every team has their fare share.  The difference is its usually isolated to the flamboyant forwards.  In Spain you get the 'tough centre halfs' throwing themselves all round the pitch!

Its one of those things where everybody turns a blind eye when its their team doing it and screams for blood when it goes against them.

As a gooner i may have occasionally been guilty of ignoring the odd Pires, van Persie, Reyes, Eboue, Fabregas effort........no, changed my mind they were all disgusting fouls and the opposing players should have been banned for life.

On a more serious note, i think that Barca are going to sneak this 2-1.

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 59
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/10/2006 2:22:35 PM   
jesseLujack

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As a gooner i may have occasionally been guilty of ignoring the odd Pires, van Persie, Reyes, Eboue, Fabregas effort........no, changed my mind they were all disgusting fouls and the opposing players should have been banned for life.

On a more serious note, i think that Barca are going to sneak this 2-1.

You forgot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KxomccYNU 

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you.  Hilario is bound to make a clanger sooner or later and Barcelona's predicament in the group makes this a much bigger game for them

< Message edited by jesseLujack -- 31/10/2006 2:25:05 PM >

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI