Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  197 198 [199] 200 201   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 9/1/2013 11:05:40 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Its truly unbelievable how Torres looks so far away from his former self.
Such an amazing change from his A.Madrid and Liverpool days.
Staggering really.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 9/1/2013 11:57:05 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5941
RE: Chelsea Thread - 9/1/2013 11:19:36 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Disappointed with the result though not massively surprised, still second leg to go…that first goal…

The booing of Torres was fucking stupid and Swansea are a class side all round in my view and though he has good players around him Michu is a brilliant finisher and a top top signing by Laudrup*.

It'll be interesting to see who starts up front for us Saturday away…

*Captain Obvious

Ba did more in the little time he was on than Torres did in his 80mins*

*Captain Obvious' sidekick Major Glaring

He was certainly a lot more active, I was disappointed tonight that Torres didn't do more considering Ba's good debut.

Shame Torres got booed...I feel for the guy, I really do. He certainly has the ability but he just only seems to focus in small bursts. He's been backed from day one though and only recently has he been getting stick. The crowd were singing for Ba from half-time onwards which can't have helped.

As I said earlier, Ba playing in front of that midfield could score a serious amount of goals...although most of the chances were created/attempted from the midfield.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5942
RE: Chelsea Thread - 10/1/2013 12:36:17 PM   
superdan

Torres plays like someone who has had some kind of terrible accident that has affected his memory; he plays almost every game like someone who is trying to remember, or re-learn, how to play football from scratch. It's painful to watch at times, especially when you think back to how good he used to be.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5943
RE: Chelsea Thread - 10/1/2013 1:25:44 PM   
matty_b

I think he's past the point of getting sympathy, though. He's had plenty of games where you think he's turned the corner - the equaliser against Barca, filling his boots against smaller teams, the goal against Arsenal earlier this season - but then the next five games he shuffles about with a face on.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5944
RE: Chelsea Thread - 10/1/2013 2:05:56 PM   
superdan

It's not really about feeling any sympathy for the guy, I just find it excrutiating. Like a once-great boxer who's long past his prime but can't bring himself to retire, and so gets pasted with increasing brutality every fight he has. Just throw in the towel. Which is what Torres should do, by going back to Spain. No real shame in it, he had a phenomenal time at Liverpool before injuries reduced him to a shade. I suppose the biggest problem he has is that, having blown £50m on him, Abramovich is unlikely to just let him go for a cut-price fee (and they'll never recoup anywhere near that kind of layout), so he's sort of stuck in a kind of purgatorial servitude, forced to play week in week out in misery until he justifies the owners faith in him.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5945
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/1/2013 12:23:28 PM   
Saltire

The booing of Torres is both infantile and naive, and does nothing to enhance Chelsea's reputation amongst neutrals. Yes he is not the player he was, but if he gets 25+ goals this season (and he's only 11 away from that) surely thats got to be considered a good return, no?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5946
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/1/2013 4:38:10 PM   
directorscut

Looks like JT thinks he's manager again, dishing out orders on the sidelines.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5947
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/1/2013 11:31:19 PM   
Saltire

I wish someone would order him to throw himself off the nearest bridge

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5948
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/1/2013 11:22:20 AM   
Skiba

Don't see why Terry gets stick for organising the team or shouting instructions...it's exactly the fucking same as if he was on the pitch.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5949
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/1/2013 12:03:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Excellent signing.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5950
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:26:13 PM   
impqueen

Yes, always.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5951
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:29:06 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Be a fekking great day for Abramovich if Pep goes to Bayern and Southampton turn round a 2-0 half time deficit

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5952
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:29:12 PM   
impqueen

Seriously booing again? Fuckwits.

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5953
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:43:53 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Be a fekking great day for Abramovich if Pep goes to Bayern and Southampton turn round a 2-0 half time deficit

quote:

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5954
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:44:15 PM   
impqueen

We would have been good for the win but something went a wandering in the last 25 minutes. Fair dues to Southampton though I thought at the start of the season they were unlucky not to get much out of those opening games. The Bridge results have been less than brilliant I hope we can get a win against Arsenal this Sunday. Oh and booing remains fucking backward and massively unhelpful, berks. I really hate it, so much so I was very close to willing a Southampton winner.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 16/1/2013 10:19:03 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5955
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 9:53:59 PM   
impqueen

I really dislike that gif, not so much the constant use of it in the Chelsea thread (if those who find us abhorrent didn't post it would get awfully lonely) but because it reminds me how much I don’t find Gervais amusing, he’s irritating as fuck and has colossally reduced my enthusiasm for the much anticipated Muppet sequel. I am aware it will now get posted every five minutes.

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5956
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 10:01:58 PM   
matty_b

Why do you think I used it once I knew you were around?

quote:

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5957
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 10:02:29 PM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5958
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 10:04:33 PM   
impqueen

Thanks.

Yes, always.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5959
RE: Chelsea Thread - 16/1/2013 10:24:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Chelsea 2 Southampton 2

sorry

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5960
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 9:24:32 AM   
jediwarrior

RAFA OUT!!! PEP IN!!!!

oh wait...........

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5961
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 9:53:59 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

RAFA OUT!!! PEP IN!!!!

oh wait...........

You shouldn't throw a 2-goal lead away against anybody really, and definitely not at home but it's happened a few times this season. Admittedly, not just under Rafa. Was quite looking forward to the Arsenal game...

< Message edited by Skiba -- 17/1/2013 9:54:13 AM >

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 5962
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 10:38:28 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

The news about Malouda today is a bit shocking. Hasn't met Rafa since he's been there, so either Rafa doesn't have any involvement in training or poor Malouda is being frozen out of the club in the cruelest of ways.

Has he done anything to warrant this besides turning 32? Would Frank Lampard be suffering the same treatment if it weren't for fan pressure? Does John Terry have much time left before the same starts happening.

It seems like such a waste of talent.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5963
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 10:42:01 AM   
impqueen

He handed in a transfer request and was offered places to go during the summer (Brazil/France) but refused a wage cut. He has been training away from the first team ever since.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 5964
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 10:48:47 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Sounds like a rather pathetic reason to freeze someone out to be fair, but I guess we don't know fully what's going on behind the scenes.

He wanted to leave, likely because he was told he didn't have much of a future, after all you'd just bought some fancy new midfielders, but good on him for not just accepting a move anywhere.

He played quite a big role in your Champions League run last season but dropped for the final.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5965
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 10:57:23 AM   
impqueen

It might not be fair but he did want to leave we offered him around Chelsea got several responses and he refused, Lyon were very interested in having him back. This time round no offers...it's not like we aren't trying to give him what he wants, if he can't play for less than 80,000 a week that is his problem, he'll make more than a million before the summer. Out of sight out of mind.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 5966
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 1:51:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Generalising greatly (because I know absolutely zip about the personal circumstances of Malouda) I think it is generally accepted that a lot of the African / South American players are not just supporting themselves from their footballing wages, but are also supporting a lot of family back home.

So, it might be rather easy for us to say, he's a footballer, why wouldn't he want to play football for £20K a week rather than be humiliated by training with the youth team and having the boss never speak to him, but earning 80K a week. (and as I said, not to dwell on the Malouda case, but with 70% tax in France a move to Lyon may well have left him a lot worse off).

And footballer X might be feeling he'd rather sacrifice his own career and provide better for those around him than "look after himself" by taking a new job.

As I said, don't know that is the case here, but I do sometimes think that greedy footballers is a line that can be too easily trotted out without knowing their own circumstances.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5967
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 1:56:18 PM   
Sinatra

Fucking Benitez....

Post #: 5968
RE: Chelsea Thread - 17/1/2013 2:43:37 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Generalising greatly (because I know absolutely zip about the personal circumstances of Malouda) I think it is generally accepted that a lot of the African / South American players are not just supporting themselves from their footballing wages, but are also supporting a lot of family back home.

So, it might be rather easy for us to say, he's a footballer, why wouldn't he want to play football for £20K a week rather than be humiliated by training with the youth team and having the boss never speak to him, but earning 80K a week. (and as I said, not to dwell on the Malouda case, but with 70% tax in France a move to Lyon may well have left him a lot worse off).

And footballer X might be feeling he'd rather sacrifice his own career and provide better for those around him than "look after himself" by taking a new job.

As I said, don't know that is the case here, but I do sometimes think that greedy footballers is a line that can be too easily trotted out without knowing their own circumstances.

I believe he has family in French Guiana; his brother represents them at International level and currently plays for Dijon and Malouda has a young son and wife. I don’t think he’s greedy but 80,000 a week for a player who knows he won’t get games and has been told since he handed in his transfer request that he will no longer be a part of the first team set up and still refuses to leave specifically because of a drop in wages…

I get circumstances are vastly different but Wayne Bridge did a similar thing at City and they weren’t criticised nearly as much as Chelsea have been. Bridge was called a greedy, lazy prick, picking up the cash for doing bugger all and City should let him rot with the reserves. Fair dues if he’s supporting a large extended family but it’s not Chelsea’s fault if he has refused to sign for another club because of wages. Being frozen out is harsh but he wanted to leave, had the opportunity and didn’t. If he wants to play football (the transfer request seems to indicate a desire to do so*) that’s the ahem price. Lyon wanted him as did a number of teams from Brazil (a place he has first-hand knowledge of having lived there during his youth and his wife is Brazilian) including (if briefly) Santos. At 32 he must be aware that larger clubs will not be forthcoming and a wage drop is inevitable?

*It appears that Malouda does indeed want to have one last Challenge and Chelsea since the summer (when both parties agreed he was surplus to requirements) have done almost all the work in looking for some where for him to go, his representatives according to unreliable reports have done bugger all. I feel for him (I really do) in his time he’s been occasional superb (especially during Carlo’s period) and occasional at tit. I hope he can find a club and continue playing he’s said he wants to represent France during the 2014 World Cup (I think many French players from the hilariously rubbish 2010 WC would love to erase that debacle from their memories) good luck to him but it won’t be as a Chelsea player.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 17/1/2013 3:06:11 PM >

Yes, always.

Post #: 5969
RE: Chelsea Thread - 18/1/2013 12:07:25 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Fucking Benitez....

Nothing wrong with him, a very good manager.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5970
Page:   <<   < prev  197 198 [199] 200 201   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  197 198 [199] 200 201   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI