Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  193 194 [195] 196 197   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 3:57:38 PM   
directorscut

Shocking dive by Bale. There's no one even near him.

Wrong thread though.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Spectator of Suicide)
Post #: 5821
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 4:08:53 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra
Utter joke. I half hope West Ham win on Saturday.... friggin unreal.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5822
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 5:37:49 PM   
Skiba

Watched the first half in the clubhouse of the team we were playing before we kicked off...should've been at least 3-0 at half-time. Couldn't believe the final score when I heard it! Shocking

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5823
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 10:59:53 PM   
directorscut

Joke of a decision. If Cole was over Ivanovic any more he'd need a condom.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5824
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 9:08:21 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

I just think booing him before his first game was idiotic, unhelpful and sadly indicative of the growing army of negative, impatient, spoilt modern football fans.

The booing was aimed at both the prick of a Manager that we now have and the madness of the owner..

Get over it, this booing is doing no one any favours is it.

Except Manchester United and Man City.

Haha yeah true I suppose

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5825
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 10:14:44 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Get over it, this booing is doing no one any favours is it.

I bet the players wish they could boo the Manager and the Owner too at times... so no I wont 'get over it' just yet thanks.

Benitez must be amazing at half time talks... sheesh... well done West Ham, well deserved.

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5826
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 10:23:36 AM   
superdan

I have so much faith in Rafa that I've just subbed two Chelsea players out of my dream team

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5827
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 10:39:58 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Benitez must be amazing at half time talks... sheesh... well done West Ham, well deserved.

I think it was actually. I think Big Sam realised that Chelsea were there for the taking and pushed his team to do that. Its starting to look like half the Chelsea team don't even want to be on the pitch, and that is a problem. You can see Cole at the weekend hardly taking any notice of Rafa.

Chance to get into winning ways with an easy home tie in the CL this week. Then it is Sunderland next weekend. That should be a shoe-in 3 points for Chelsea, but away with MON knowing that his boys are fast heading for a relegation battle. Well, its not in the bag, is it?

Talk already that Rafa may be on his way. I've nothing against Chelsea, believe me, but I would find it pant-wettingly funny if they move on to their next manager already.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5828
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 2:43:50 PM   
Sinatra

Whoever is advising RA has got it very wrong this time.... and RA has made probably his biggest error since Jose went.

The players played for RDM. This joker is clearly just desperate for the job/cash. He's not even saying the right things... it's painful, it really is... at least he played Mata this week though....

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5829
RE: Chelsea Thread - 3/12/2012 6:30:28 PM   
Rinc

quote:

The players played for RDM.

They didn't in the PL last season and they don't appear to have in the CL this season though.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5830
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 11:51:43 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

The players played for RDM.

They didn't in the PL last season and they don't appear to have in the CL this season though.

Last season was all about the CL, AVB had already done a lot of damage.

This season is a transitional phase.

The players love RDM and loved playing for him. RDM was still learning his trade and deserved to stay until the end of the season. RA & co, obviously can't stand the thought of not even having 1 season go by without a trophy. Either that or he/they are playing the long game and realising RDM's popularity, took the first opportunity to sack him ahead of offering it to their ideal candidate next season.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5831
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 12:42:29 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Its impossible to know what goes on at Chelsea with RA & co. The fact that Avram Grant appears to have somebody's ear there and think of him as a guy who knows their football is both confusing and disturbing.

I was interested to read last week that another RA favourite, Hiddink, has said he will retire from management at the end of the season, but will instead be an advisor or supervisor to young players and coaches. If Chelsea do not get Pep I can see this as their solution. And if I were them I would not even bother appointing a manager, I would just have a first team coach. Someone who trains and motivates the players, but possibly has no say on recruitment and contracts and is only one voice on issues like tactics and team selection. This would seem to fit the "European" model that Chelsea have where they can hire and fire the manager at will and may be a solution to their problem of rebuilding a team over time.

It would appear to me that Steve Clarke would be well suited to that role. I would have said that JT would be in the running, but I can't believe that with all his baggage they don't want to just quietly usher him out of the door when the right time comes.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5832
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 3:36:53 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

but I can't believe that with all his baggage they don't want to just quietly usher him out of the door when the right time comes.

Post #: 5833
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 3:38:07 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Its impossible to know what goes on at Chelsea with RA & co.

That says it all really fella...

Post #: 5834
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 3:55:39 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

It would appear to me that Steve Clarke would be well suited to that role.

No way. Dude has just lost two games on the bounce. Would be out on his ear at Chelsea.

Post #: 5835
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 4:04:11 PM   
horribleives

After learning his trade as an assistant manager, Clarkie's also proven himself to be an assured, capable proper manager, respected and valued at a club with a potentially promising future. Can't see why he'd trade all that to take a step down and be a Chelsea yes man.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5836
RE: Chelsea Thread - 4/12/2012 5:28:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Would have loved it if they'd actually signed a life-size Plasticine figure http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/04/chelsea-sign-wallace-fluminense

<insert joke about a life size Plasticine figure being more effective in defense than a real life Sideshow Bob>

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 4/12/2012 5:30:10 PM >

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 5837
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 1:40:54 AM   
gazpop

All this talk about Benitez being in it for the money? Er, was he busking down Covent Garden tube station last week? Has he had to put his motor on Ebay? I think not. He took a job, after a time away from the game, with the European Champions for fuck's sake! You think he wants to fail?
He knew taking this job might be just for a season but he is the kind of guy that loves the game and wants to succeed wherever he is; to have something he can point to when the time comes to go somewhere new. Jesus. You make it sound like he's gone in there, sacked everyone and brought in a load of joeys! These are players who last year won the CL, but seem to have let off-field shit influence their game. That is pretty much the definition of unprofessional. YOU PLAY FOR CHELSEA. YOU DO WHAT THE MANAGER SAYS. IF YOU DON'T, YOU DON'T PLAY! This should be the way it is.
Sadly, it isn't. And hearing Saltire (a little offence intended) spout on about their 'prick of a manager' tells us so much about the game today. And its fans!
If it all continues to go tits up I don't think pointing fingers at Benitez will help, nor be particularly correct.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 5838
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 6:28:07 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

All this talk about Benitez being in it for the money? Er, was he busking down Covent Garden tube station last week? Has he had to put his motor on Ebay? I think not. He took a job, after a time away from the game, with the European Champions for fuck's sake! You think he wants to fail?
He knew taking this job might be just for a season but he is the kind of guy that loves the game and wants to succeed wherever he is; to have something he can point to when the time comes to go somewhere new. Jesus. You make it sound like he's gone in there, sacked everyone and brought in a load of joeys! These are players who last year won the CL, but seem to have let off-field shit influence their game. That is pretty much the definition of unprofessional. YOU PLAY FOR CHELSEA. YOU DO WHAT THE MANAGER SAYS. IF YOU DON'T, YOU DON'T PLAY! This should be the way it is.
Sadly, it isn't. And hearing Saltire (a little offence intended) spout on about their 'prick of a manager' tells us so much about the game today. And its fans!
If it all continues to go tits up I don't think pointing fingers at Benitez will help, nor be particularly correct.

I imagine he'll be deeply offended, considering it was Sinatra who said that

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 5839
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 11:07:20 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

When I see him playing Mata on the wing, or leaving him on the bench, you know I'm really not so sure the answer is the one you are looking for.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 5840
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 12:09:16 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

quote:

When I see him playing Mata on the wing, or leaving him on the bench, you know I'm really not so sure the answer is the one you are looking for.

Exactly, and to be honest he will always be a prick in my eyes... I just think the guy is very odd. He lost the plot in is last weeks at Liverpool and I dont think he's ever been the same.

Just my opinion.

Post #: 5841
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 5:08:37 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So, do you think they can get the results tonight in their favour and go through.

I can't see Juve not getting a result (which incidentally means that if they do draw and Chelsea win then Chelsea will have won more group games than Juve but still go out). I also think that Juve will be a team better set to succeed in the next rounds. But I'm also kind of hoping that Chelsea get through. Just cos seeing them maybe do well, or badly, or a mix of both is kind of more interesting on a local level.

Should the unthinkable happen and Nordsjaelland win, that will also be fun

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5842
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 5:52:45 PM   
gazpop

Sorry Saltire...should have gone up the page to see who it was...slack!
I was just disappointed in the Benitez-bashing...and all the general slagging...often with no real reason
I hear what you're saying about his last weeks at Liverpool and I sympathize. But it seems to me most of the blame, if blame is to be apportioned, should be levelled at the players.
Again, sorry for the mix-up all. And good luck on the weekend....I really hope Torres bags a few
ps-and good luck tonight with the results

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 5843
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 6:10:53 PM   
Skiba

Mikel signs a 5-year deal...5 YEARS!! YES...THAT'S JOHN OBI MIKEL...THAT'S A NEW 5-YEAR DEAL! I blaming Benitez...although I'm sure he had absolutely no say in it.

It's a win, win for Benitez joining Chelsea. If he does well, he'll be back in the thinking of a big club, maybe even Chelsea. If he fails, or is sacked before his contract ends, he can blame the regime or the players not playing for him.

As for tonight, I'd imagine we'll win, and I'd imagine Juve will get at least draw. A draw is going on my coupon tonight, along with Celtic.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 5844
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 6:33:18 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly

You do know that RDM left Mata on the bench this season too don't you?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5845
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 6:53:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think there is a basic concept on this forum that a vote against Benitez is a vote for RDM. I can see why, this is Sinatra's stance. But its not mine. I didn't think that RDM was good enough to take the team forwards, so I didn't think that getting rid of him was a bad thing. But I don't think that bringing in Benitez was a good thing.

So, I'm afraid I don't remember the details of when Mata was left on the bench and what game it was and what the result was under RDM, but the fact that both manager's made what I'd consider to be the same mistake only backs up my argument that neither know what to do with the squad.

EDIT: Shit I saw that Rinc's response was to Sinatra. But I still stand by the above to distance myself from the banker

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5846
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 7:04:45 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Mikel signs a 5-year deal...5 YEARS!! YES...THAT'S JOHN OBI MIKEL...THAT'S A NEW 5-YEAR DEAL! I blaming Benitez...although I'm sure he had absolutely no say in it.

It's a win, win for Benitez joining Chelsea. If he does well, he'll be back in the thinking of a big club, maybe even Chelsea. If he fails, or is sacked before his contract ends, he can blame the regime or the players not playing for him.

As for tonight, I'd imagine we'll win, and I'd imagine Juve will get at least draw. A draw is going on my coupon tonight, along with Celtic.

hahahahaha to Obi Mikel. I'd not realised that he's 25. So basically that is the rest of his career at Chelsea. And he's not improved a jot as far as I can tell. Maybe Chelsea got him for a bargain price as he's only worthy of being a back up to a better player imo. Not good enough at winning the ball. Very poor at having the ball and distributing it. I don't see his value to the club.

Do you really not think that Benitez's image would be tarnished if this goes belly up and he gets the boot? Even though it is Chelsea. That would be two high profile clubs in a row that would have got rid of him. With a 2 year hiatus on his CV. I'm not saying it will be his last job. But I do think he'd have to take a step down for his next club.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5847
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 7:15:53 PM   
Rinc

quote:

So, I'm afraid I don't remember the details of when Mata was left on the bench and what game it was and what the result was under RDM, but the fact that both manager's made what I'd consider to be the same mistake only backs up my argument that neither know what to do with the squad.

EDIT: Shit I saw that Rinc's response was to Sinatra. But I still stand by the above to distance myself from the banker

You stupid bastard.

You can't really blame Benitez or RDM for leaving Mata on the bench on the odd occasion anyway. The guy can't play every game if he's to be as effective as possible.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 5848
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 7:35:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

You stupid bastard.

You can't really blame Benitez or RDM for leaving Mata on the bench on the odd occasion anyway. The guy can't play every game if he's to be as effective as possible.

No. I think I said earlier in this thread that I didn't think RDM was rotating the team enough and that they might get off to a flyer, but its a good way to stack up injuries later in the season.

Still, out of 3 games to leave Mata out for one and play him out of position in the other I don't think is what you expect when you see a new manager coming in and expect him to hit the ground running and put the team back on the winning track.

Strong squad out tonight. The Mrs was meant to be out this evening, but is now staying in, so I'll have to skip the games. Looks a bit like a 4-4-2 to me. Wonder if that is being lined up in the hope it will result in 2 or 3 goals for Torres and kickstart some confidence (how many has he scored in the last 6 or 7 games?)

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5849
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/12/2012 8:33:25 PM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

hahahahaha to Obi Mikel. I'd not realised that he's 25. So basically that is the rest of his career at Chelsea. And he's not improved a jot as far as I can tell. Maybe Chelsea got him for a bargain price as he's only worthy of being a back up to a better player imo. Not good enough at winning the ball. Very poor at having the ball and distributing it. I don't see his value to the club.

Do you really not think that Benitez's image would be tarnished if this goes belly up and he gets the boot? Even though it is Chelsea. That would be two high profile clubs in a row that would have got rid of him. With a 2 year hiatus on his CV. I'm not saying it will be his last job. But I do think he'd have to take a step down for his next club.

Mikel cost over 16m in compo to Man Utd! Plus a fee to the Norwegian club we got him off...

If it goes horribly wrong then I guess it would tarnish him...but only a bit further. I mentioned a few weeks ago about having to rotate more but you don't leave Mata out of your first game. And you certainly don't leave him out against Man City. He hasn't helped himself with some of the stuff he said yesterday/today..."Torres full of confident" "Defending at corners he's amazing" Yep, just what a 50m striker is in the team for!

Three pens in about 7mins and two missed! And Torres has scores...just!

< Message edited by Skiba -- 5/12/2012 8:37:36 PM >

Post #: 5850
Page:   <<   < prev  193 194 [195] 196 197   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  193 194 [195] 196 197   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI