Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 6:25:37 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

And no, RDM has done a fine job... I would have stuck by him until the end of the season... friggin hell, we are due a baron season anyway and he deserved better.

Really, I think "live by the sword die by the sword" was quite apt for RDM.

He wasn't too shy to step into AVBs shoes when the players were behaving totally unacceptably, parking round the corner so that they would be a minute late for training etc etc, and then in walks RDM and everyones happy.
He deserves what he got, and was incredibly lucky to get the gig in the first place nevermind keep it for this season.

Where did you finish in the end? 6th?
Out of his 11 league games he only picked up 5 wins, against Stoke, Villa, Wigan, QPR and a relegated Blackburn it's hardly sparkling.
Lucky to keep the job on the back of a fortunate cup win and it was clear they didn't want to give it him.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 27/11/2012 6:52:28 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5791
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 11:17:19 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm pretty certain I heard somewhere that Clattenburg is a trainee lawyer.

He was an electrician last I heard.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5792
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 2:24:34 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

How do you know he hates Chelsea? Because he made comments about their fans a few years ago when managing a rival club? That's hardly evidence that he hates Chelsea, just that he was trying to endear himself to Liverpool fans.

It's just a feeling... he hates us, I just know it!!

quote:

So you think it's fine that Chelsea are on the verge of going out of the CL group stage?

Nope, but we aren't out quite yet and sometimes these thing happen... we are in a transitional phase.

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5793
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 2:26:38 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Out of his 11 league games he only picked up 5 wins, against Stoke, Villa, Wigan, QPR and a relegated Blackburn it's hardly sparkling.
Lucky to keep the job on the back of a fortunate cup win and it was clear they didn't want to give it him.

We were hardly having a disaster league wise though.. RDM staying would have been better than RB, I am certain of it.

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5794
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 2:46:22 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

We were hardly having a disaster league wise though.. RDM staying would have been better than RB, I am certain of it.

Erm, i dunno Sinatra. I tell you what, why don't we give the 'fat Spanish waiter' a chance? You never know he might be able to rustle up some class a grub!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5795
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 2:50:13 PM   
Sinatra

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 5796
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 9:40:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Chelsea looking a completely different proposition under Rafa, who's really turned them around.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5797
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 9:49:43 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Chelsea looking a completely different proposition under Rafa, who's really turned them around.

Two home games. No goals. Fulham games have generally always been tight but sounds like it was a thriller!

Back to the booing issue, I agree it doesn't help the players but they know it's not aimed at them. And it is a way of venting your frustrations with something you disagree with. I don't see how you would aim a chant or song at RA and it just wouldn't happen. So aim it at the guy that no Chelsea fan wants and no other club has wanted in nearly two years of being out of work.

There's a rumour that RA had a meeting with a handful of member fans before the game against City where the fans said how upset they were with RDM being sacked and Rafa being appointed. RA apparently listened to all their views and gave answers through a translator. Not sure about that if I'm honest...

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5798
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/11/2012 10:03:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

But surely you can't doubt his genius at shoring up your dodgy Defense. That's two clean sheets in a row. Who cares if you left your best player sat on the bench.

I really thought it could be a 3 horse race this season. Thanks Roman

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5799
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/11/2012 9:08:52 AM   
Sinatra

What a fucking joke... no more than our owner deserves. Rafa must be pissing himself every night.

Utter joke. I half hope West Ham win on Saturday.... friggin unreal.

Oh well, at least we have won the CL!

Post #: 5800
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/11/2012 9:10:04 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

There's a rumour that RA had a meeting with a handful of member fans before the game against City where the fans said how upset they were with RDM being sacked and Rafa being appointed. RA apparently listened to all their views and gave answers through a translator. Not sure about that if I'm honest...

I dont believe a word of that mate.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5801
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/11/2012 5:41:06 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Back to the booing issue, I agree it doesn't help the players but they know it's not aimed at them. And it is a way of venting your frustrations with something you disagree with. I don't see how you would aim a chant or song at RA and it just wouldn't happen. So aim it at the guy that no Chelsea fan wants and no other club has wanted in nearly two years of being out of work.

Do you think it will help the players knowing their manager is really unpopular? Will it make them want to play for him?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5802
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/11/2012 9:12:28 PM   
Skiba

I really don't think they'd need the fans to tell them that he's unpopular! And no, it's not going to help they players want to play for him. I'd imagine it's going to take a hell of a lot for them to want play for him. Mata not starting last night is not going to help. And I know it's only been two games, one of which was against City, but he's already stifled the creative element it seems. There were obvious flaws but there'd been some pretty good football played on the whole.

So this is, I think, the worst decision RA has ever made.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5803
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/11/2012 10:00:37 PM   
Rinc

quote:

I really don't think they'd need the fans to tell them that he's unpopular! And no, it's not going to help they players want to play for him. I'd imagine it's going to take a hell of a lot for them to want play for him.

Why though? Most of them weren't at the club when Benitez made his comments. And those that were, I doubt they care that much considering the way they've acted some of the time.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5804
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 6:35:08 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Two home games. No goals. Fulham games have generally always been tight but sounds like it was a thriller!

It's happened at Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn to name a few. Admittedly the latter fans had it in for the manager as well as the owner but you get the idea.
I just think booing him before his first game was idiotic and unhelpful.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5805
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 6:38:55 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

It's happened at Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn to name a few. Admittedly the latter fans had it in for the manager as well as the owner but you get the idea.
I just think booing him before his first game was idiotic, unhelpful and sadly indicative of the growing army of negative, impatient, spoilt modern football fans.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 30/11/2012 6:43:08 AM >

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 5806
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 9:49:59 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

I just think booing him before his first game was idiotic, unhelpful and sadly indicative of the growing army of negative, impatient, spoilt modern football fans.

The booing was aimed at both the prick of a Manager that we now have and the madness of the owner..

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 5807
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 10:31:12 AM   
Professor Moriarty

It seems slightly ironic talking of Chelsea fans as impatient and spoilt when this is surely the trait of the owner who will sack any manager if they don't win the PL and CL every season while playing beautiful football with a striker of his choosing who can't deliver any more.

I'm not a fan of booing, but I think its a sign of how disenfranchised fans who go to games are becoming with how their team is run. IMO they are mostly realising that their input to the club via season tickets and concession stand purchases is becoming pocket change compared to TV revenues, sponsorship opportunities and overseas replica shirt sales. In that type of environment, I can start to see how booing becomes a way that the fans can vent their frustrations with the club set up. Although, like marching from a pub they were going to anyway, to a game they were going to anyway, it doesn't seem to carry any weight.

I think it would also be clear to the players what the issue was from the fans, rather than the team being booed off at half time because they were not winning (which really is crass and I'm sure has happened at Chelsea this season).

Its an interesting game tomorrow lunch time. Big Sam tends to play deep when he faces the big teams. This gives Chelsea options and they should be favourites, but Rafa now has reigned in the runs of Ramires and also given more defensive duties to Hazard. Torres still looks like he'd rather be anywhere than on a football pitch and for some reason Rafa prefers to sit Mata on the bench or wide rather than in the middle of the park where he should be. I think Big Sam will gift Rafa his first win, but do think that West Ham could come out of this with much more if they go after Chelsea.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5808
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 3:44:24 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

The booing was aimed at both the prick of a Manager that we now have and the madness of the owner..

I doubt the owner gives two fucks though. The team on the other hand, well, it didn't exactly help them, did it?
A home support baying for (their own) blood is always going to distract the players and get to them regardless of who it's aimed at.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5809
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/11/2012 11:34:16 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

Get over it, this booing is doing no one any favours is it.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5810
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 10:02:28 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

Get over it, this booing is doing no one any favours is it.

Except Manchester United and Man City.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5811
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:31:45 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Really a transformed team under Rafa now. A goal in this game for them . Obvious he doesn't want to push the tea too hard, too fast, so he pulled off Moses who looked the best chance for a second.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 1/12/2012 2:33:10 PM >

Post #: 5812
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:33:25 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Great ball Ashley.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 5813
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:37:10 PM   
Spectator of Suicide

"King Rafa" Job Center on Monday

quote:

Really a transformed team under Rafa now. A goal in this game for them . Obvious he doesn't want to push the tea too hard, too fast, so he pulled off Moses who looked the best chance for a second.

http://letterboxd.com/nwarde/

Post #: 5814
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:40:44 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Oh dear.

(in reply to Spectator of Suicide)
Post #: 5815
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:43:09 PM   
directorscut

You can't judge him after a couple of games. You have to least wait until next season to see his stamp truly appear on the team.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 5816
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 2:59:00 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

You can't judge him after a couple of games. You have to least wait until next season to see his stamp truly appear on the team.

Which of course by then, he won't be at the club.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5817
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 3:00:07 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 5818
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 3:38:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5819
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/12/2012 3:46:25 PM   
Spectator of Suicide

http://letterboxd.com/nwarde/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 5820
Page:   <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  192 193 [194] 195 196   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI