Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 6:15:01 PM   
Rhubarb

I don't know how I'll ever trust Chelsea again.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5761
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 7:30:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Clattenburg cleared: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/22/mark-clattenburg-cleared-fa-mikel

Not the best day and a half from a PR perspective.

And Obi Mikel charged

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5762
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 7:50:56 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I'm not 100% sure that having a white shirt makes you Rafa Benitez

Has he banned waving plastic flags yet

No it was a stripey one he had on when he came out of the hotel!

Clattnenberg needs a proper apology and be heavily compensated.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5763
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 9:14:34 PM   
directorscut

So Chelsea have been ordered to issue an apology. Yeah, how about Chelsea do that when Clattenburg apologises for his incompetent refereeing.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5764
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 9:40:07 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

So Chelsea have been ordered to issue an apology. Yeah, how about Chelsea do that when Clattenburg apologises for his incompetent refereeing.

I must admit, when this initially happened my first thought was 'well, accusing someone of being a racist and attempting to destroying their career is no worse than giving the odd dodgy red card'....

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5765
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/11/2012 10:07:01 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I must admit, when this initially happened my first thought was 'well, accusing someone of being a racist and attempting to destroying their career is no worse than giving the odd dodgy red card'....

Just think the next time Clattenburg is gracing the PL with his own incredible brand of refereeing a dishevelled, pant-less Robbie Di Matteo is holding his welfare check in one hand, bottle of bourbon in the other thinking "If only we had won that Man Utd match." A sobering thought.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 5766
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/11/2012 1:21:00 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Clattenburg should sue the fuck out of Chelsea.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 23/11/2012 1:22:29 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 5767
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/11/2012 1:35:22 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

You could argue Clattenburg did Chlesea a favour by taking Torres off as they were more better after that

Post #: 5768
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/11/2012 1:40:28 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just think the next time Clattenburg is gracing the PL with his own incredible brand of refereeing a dishevelled, pant-less Robbie Di Matteo is holding his welfare check in one hand, bottle of bourbon in the other thinking "If only we had won that Man Utd match." A sobering thought.

Yeah a sobering thought indeed especially the huge payoff he'll be pocketing.

Post #: 5769
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:03:53 PM   
Rinc

So what does everyone think about the booing of Benitez?

I think it's ridiculous for two reasons. One, it's not going to do the club, players or manager any good by booing him. Do the fans really think it'll do the team good? Secondly, yes Di Matteo won you the CL but it was hardly down to tactical genius and they've been abysmal in this season's CL. I do think Benitez is a better manager than Di Matteo, he will certainly have a gameplan as opposed to Di Matteo seemingly just putting players on the pitch and expecting them to play. It's possible Benitez won't do well either but booing him now is not only pointless but it shows the fans to be quite silly.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 5770
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:19:47 PM   
Olaf

Of course, those same fans will never boo Roman. Always good to know which side your bread's buttered on.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5771
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:38:13 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Alan Green (5live) really went on a rant against Chelsea before todays game and I wholeheartedly agreed with him.

Abit disappointed in City today because with Chelsea under this cloud I thought Mancini's men really should have went all-out for the 3points.
Chelsea were there to be had.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5772
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:38:40 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

So what does everyone think about the booing of Benitez?

I think it's ridiculous for two reasons. One, it's not going to do the club, players or manager any good by booing him. Do the fans really think it'll do the team good? Secondly, yes Di Matteo won you the CL but it was hardly down to tactical genius and they've been abysmal in this season's CL. I do think Benitez is a better manager than Di Matteo, he will certainly have a gameplan as opposed to Di Matteo seemingly just putting players on the pitch and expecting them to play. It's possible Benitez won't do well either but booing him now is not only pointless but it shows the fans to be quite silly.

I'd agree. While Benitez is definitely a better manager the reason why fans were booing him is more to do with the fact he managed Liverpool and made what they consider derogatory remarks about them. The whole plastic flag waving stuff and the fact he'd never manage Chelsea. How times change eh?

But i think if he manages to get a few wins under his belt the fans might , MIGHT change their tune. Or maybe not.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5773
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:42:32 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Theres also been some talk that Pep Guirdiola will not manage Chelsea next season because of Abramovich's trigger happy ownership. Which is no surprise really. Apparently Pep's got his sights set on the United job after Sir Alex retires....

Post #: 5774
RE: Chelsea Thread - 25/11/2012 8:48:40 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

‘Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team,’ said the Spaniard. ‘But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only club in England, and that’s Liverpool.’
Rafa Benitez

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/11/2012 8:49:05 PM >

Post #: 5775
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 4:46:48 PM   
Sinatra

Exactly... and the bloke is an oddball..

Even I might have been tempted to boo.... such an odd decision and one that ilustrates that RA is only after success and doesn't understand or care about the fans reaction.

RDM deserved/earned to be there until the end of this season.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5776
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 6:13:33 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm not sure Rafa would be the manager I'd pick if I was only after success. Also, remembering Abramovich supposedly wants a beautiful game, my hazy memory of his time is that he made Liverpool a long ball team that was hard to watch. I'm not expecting him to deliver anything RDM couldn't have done.

Having said that, do I think RDM was the best person to rejuvenate Chelsea and take them forwards? No. But I don't see Rafa as a step change in quality. Given the Rafa / Chelsea history, I think Rafa had to really clearly add something to be welcomed by the fans, and it doesn't seem clear what that is.

I'd say that appointment was the best news the two Manchester clubs could have had all season.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5777
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 6:45:37 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Even I might have been tempted to boo.... such an odd decision and one that ilustrates that RA is only after success and doesn't understand or care about the fans reaction.

Then why not boo Abramovich? It's him that's made this decision, it's him that has sacked managers, sometimes when he shouldn't have.

Do you think Abramovich has ever cared that much about the fans?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I'm not sure Rafa would be the manager I'd pick if I was only after success. Also, remembering Abramovich supposedly wants a beautiful game, my hazy memory of his time is that he made Liverpool a long ball team that was hard to watch. I'm not expecting him to deliver anything RDM couldn't have done.

Having said that, do I think RDM was the best person to rejuvenate Chelsea and take them forwards? No. But I don't see Rafa as a step change in quality. Given the Rafa / Chelsea history, I think Rafa had to really clearly add something to be welcomed by the fans, and it doesn't seem clear what that is.

I'd say that appointment was the best news the two Manchester clubs could have had all season.

Do you really think Benitez isn't going to do a better job than Di Matteo's tacticless team? Benitez won't turn them into world beaters but he'll steady the defence and I doubt he ever would have let Chelsea be on the brink of group stage elimination. Which is pretty disastrous for a club which relies on the income from the CL so much.

It took a while at Liverpool but he did get us playing good, attacking football in the end. He did the same at Valencia. Doesn't really matter though as he won't be in the Chelsea job long enough for that.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 26/11/2012 6:46:34 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5778
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 8:33:03 PM   
Skiba

How would you go about booing Abramovich? It was made all too easy to boo Benitez when they decided to introduce him to the crowd in some ridiculous attempt at fanfare. Booing him, and singing RDM's name throughout is a way of protesting the decision to appoint him without directly having a pop at Abramovich. And if they were to boo him, I can't imagine he'd care at all. But I can never see that happening for obvious reasons.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5779
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 8:46:25 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

How would you go about booing Abramovich? It was made all too easy to boo Benitez when they decided to introduce him to the crowd in some ridiculous attempt at fanfare. Booing him, and singing RDM's name throughout is a way of protesting the decision to appoint him without directly having a pop at Abramovich. And if they were to boo him, I can't imagine he'd care at all. But I can never see that happening for obvious reasons.

Ok, forget about booing just sing a song against Abramovich. It's just a bit silly to constantly boo your new manager when it's the owner's fault. If you don't think booing Abramovich would bother him why do you think booing Benitez would? And what good do you think it'll do the team and manager to boo Benitez? Seems to me Chelsea fans have got their priorities wrong and are just scared to criticise the owner.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5780
RE: Chelsea Thread - 26/11/2012 11:09:01 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

Enough jibber-jabber Sinatra... Sort your Dead Pool replacement for Larry Hagman out!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5781
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 12:08:02 PM   
horribleives

Any fan who boos their own team or manager is a fucking idiot. If you want to express your anger towards Abramovich then sing a song directed towards him but putting your own players off during a game is the most fuck-witted thing a supporter can do.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 5782
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 1:07:35 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Any fan who boos their own team or manager is a fucking idiot. If you want to express your anger towards Abramovich then sing a song directed towards him but putting your own players off during a game is the most fuck-witted thing a supporter can do.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. Afterall Benitez was chosen by Roman, he didn't exactly just turn up on a whim. Fans should vent their dissaproval at him.

Post #: 5783
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 1:15:58 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Its quite surprising except for a few, you never hear the majority of the fans hurling banners and voicing their anger at the owner. Are they afraid he'd walk off? I don't know. City are another club who've enjoyed recent success thanks to a sugar daddy, but their owner seems far more sensible than Chelseas.

Post #: 5784
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 2:24:48 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

quote:

Enough jibber-jabber Sinatra... Sort your Dead Pool replacement for Larry Hagman out!

Sorry boss...! all done.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 5785
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 2:28:10 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Do you really think Benitez isn't going to do a better job than Di Matteo's tacticless team? Benitez won't turn them into world beaters but he'll steady the defence and I doubt he ever would have let Chelsea be on the brink of group stage elimination. Which is pretty disastrous for a club which relies on the income from the CL so much.

It took a while at Liverpool but he did get us playing good, attacking football in the end. He did the same at Valencia. Doesn't really matter though as he won't be in the Chelsea job long enough for that.

I would booed both the fuckers... Benitez is just grabbing the cash and running... I bet he's pissing himself, he hates Chelsea.

And no, RDM has done a fine job... I would have stuck by him until the end of the season... friggin hell, we are due a baron season anyway and he deserved better.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5786
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 5:12:20 PM   
Rinc

quote:

I would booed both the fuckers... Benitez is just grabbing the cash and running... I bet he's pissing himself, he hates Chelsea.

How do you know he hates Chelsea? Because he made comments about their fans a few years ago when managing a rival club? That's hardly evidence that he hates Chelsea, just that he was trying to endear himself to Liverpool fans.

quote:

And no, RDM has done a fine job... I would have stuck by him until the end of the season... friggin hell, we are due a baron season anyway and he deserved better.

So you think it's fine that Chelsea are on the verge of going out of the CL group stage?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5787
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 5:52:58 PM   
jonson

I think if Di Matteo hadn't been a Chelsea "legend" (personally I can only remember him for scoring a few decent goals at Wembley and then breaking his leg, but admittedly I never saw him play week in week out) there wouldn't be quite the fuss.
To boo Benitez for slagging Chelsea off once is a bit harsh. Football fans should know better, the banners and the booing on Sunday was quite sickening IMO.
I can remember Leicester signing David Speedie, who had previously managed to dive, win a penalty and lose us a Wembley play-off against Blackburn.
We hated him with a passion. Then we signed him. We tolerated him, then he went on to score some huge goals for us. After his first game when he gave 110% he was forgiven. Fickle football fans? Yes, but at least we had the intelligence to wait and give him a few games before we rounded on him. He won us over, and no-one ended up with egg on their face.
If Benitez wins the league and FA Cup this season, will the fans want him to stay? It's a double edged sword. I want him to prove the fans wrong, but I don't want the same fans celebrating his success.
Ultimately, the whole sorry saga has deflected from the Clattenburg issue which still remains unresolved as far as I'm concerned. I'm hoping Clattenburg takes it further, although a nice pay-off is probably in the bank, if he's got half a brain.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5788
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 6:10:21 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Ultimately, the whole sorry saga has deflected from the Clattenburg issue which still remains unresolved as far as I'm concerned. I'm hoping Clattenburg takes it further, although a nice pay-off is probably in the bank, if he's got half a brain.

Based on his refereeing I'd say that's unlikely.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 5789
RE: Chelsea Thread - 27/11/2012 6:14:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm pretty certain I heard somewhere that Clattenburg is a trainee lawyer.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5790
Page:   <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI