Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/11/2012 3:13:10 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Every goal we are conceding at the moment is a straight forward cross that we can't clear... Jesus, I knew Terry was important for the organisation at the back, but this is pathetic. Luis has been awful.

It still astounds me he gets into a team pushing to win the league- Fergie would've banished him to the reserves or sold him months ago.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5671
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/11/2012 7:42:21 PM   
impqueen

Well Robbie is either a genius or signing on in the morning.

Yes, always.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 5672
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/11/2012 7:55:37 PM   
directorscut

"Chelsea take the lead!!!

Oh, it's a corner."

LOL. What a numpty.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 5673
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/11/2012 9:14:43 PM   
impqueen

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen...

Yes, always.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5674
RE: Chelsea Thread - 20/11/2012 9:28:31 PM   
impqueen

Andrea Pirlo is dreamy.  

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5675
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:09:44 AM   
Skiba

What the fuck???? I know RDM wasn't first choice but fucking hell...recent results haven't been great but this is incredible.

This is worse than previous ridiculous sackings like Carlo...I think it can only mean that Pep or someone like that is already lined up.

Fucking joke

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5676
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:12:31 AM   
Rhubarb

looool.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5677
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:17:41 AM   
matty_b

Ah, Chelsea. You're as predictably hilarious as always.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5678
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:18:28 AM   
Olaf

OH CHELSEA.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5679
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:18:36 AM   
Qwerty Norris

Making room for Guardiola then?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5680
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:20:10 AM   
Sinatra

Results have been poor.... but this is pretty brutal.

Getting knocked out of the CL group stages is friggin poor.

He'll always be a legend at the club though.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5681
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:20:10 AM   
Olaf

also, TIME FOR BENITEZ

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5682
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:20:59 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I feel sorry for the guy. But we all know that being manager of Chelsea is actually a joke position that you would only take on if you wanted a big pay out in 6 months time.

We all knew he was well down the pecking order last season and the owner was looking at bringing Zola in, or even Hoddle, before giving RDM a crack of the whip.

In his first CL game he needed to overturn the 3-1 deficit to Napoli and he did the right things for that. He fired up the team and he relied on the old brigade who had been so upset by the previous manager. Result, they went through. He then delivered the CL, which is apparently the thing Abramovich wanted. The football wasn't pretty, but the results went their way.

This season he tries to do what Abramovich wants. To play Torres and to play sexy football. Its not been working as its worthless having 3 quality players trying to create chances for Torres if he can only score on average a goal every 4 games for Chelsea. And the defensive arrangement is terrible. But this is what Abramovich wanted.

I really fear for Chelsea. I fear that they will get Pep and he will not be able to reproduce what he did at Barcelona. Because then, surely Abramovich will believe he's tried everything and nothing worked and will give up on the team. In some ways I hope that Pep does fail, I'd feel sorry for the fans, but its what Abramovich deserves.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5683
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:27:18 AM   
Skiba

Pep is completely unproven outside of Barca so it would be a huge risk. Going out of the CL is not a disaster in my eyes, and in most Chelsea fans' I'd say. Yes, it's disappointing but this is THE transitional season. Not last season when there were basically the same players. This season.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked because he dropped Roman's blue-eyed boy Torres last night.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5684
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:28:06 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

And there was me thinking that Chelsea were going to have a long term structure in place with Di Matteo at the helm.

Post #: 5685
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:28:43 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

We all knew he was well down the pecking order last season and the owner was looking at bringing Zola in, or even Hoddle, before giving RDM a crack of the whip.

I don't believe that.

quote:

And the defensive arrangement is terrible. But this is what Abramovich wanted.

I doubt RA wanted us to have a defense that can't even block crosses.... we've spent a fortune on defenders.

quote:

Because then, surely Abramovich will believe he's tried everything and nothing worked and will give up on the team.

I don't think so...

quote:

I'd feel sorry for the fans, but its what Abramovich deserves.

I agree with that sentiment, but the supporters did agree with some of the sackings... but hey, winning the European Cup will keep most real supporters happy for a good few years, a lot of us still can't really believe what happened last season...

Good luck to RDM though.. top fella.

Post #: 5686
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:29:57 AM   
Rhubarb

Lasted six days more than AVB, despite the CL win, incredible really.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5687
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:31:07 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Pep is completely unproven outside of Barca so it would be a huge risk. Going out of the CL is not a disaster in my eyes, and in most Chelsea fans' I'd say. Yes, it's disappointing but this is THE transitional season. Not last season when there were basically the same players. This season.

With the team we have and the group we were in, it's fucking piss poor imho and not great financially, but yeah the next couple of years will be transitional.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5688
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:31:57 AM   
impqueen

That is all.

Well it isn't but as this is a regular thing for Roman and Chelsea there really isn't any surprise, not at the sacking or the brutality of it all. Oh or how utterly ridiculous the Club is. Still I made 5 this morning, the brother in law said after Sunday I said before. I also agree with Prof, the last bit   

Thanks Robbie, you're still one of my favourite players.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 21/11/2012 9:34:07 AM >

Yes, always.

Post #: 5689
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:38:22 AM   
Goodfella

What a disgraceful decision, even if he did meet you halfway, he should never have been made to feel he was in that position. Chelsea fans I feel incredibly sorry for you this morning now knowing the full brutality of the way your football club is run, but I hope now you win nothing for a good few years to come.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5690
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:38:48 AM   
Qwerty Norris

So, another crazy compensation package looms then?

Seriously, when Abramovich loses interest, what kind of financial black hole will Chelski be looking at?

Only a matter of time...

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 21/11/2012 9:39:14 AM >

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5691
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:47:16 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Seriously, when Abramovich loses interest, what kind of financial black hole will Chelski be looking at?

Only a matter of time...

I don't see this. I think things like this prove that he's interested. He clearly loves football he just doesn't know much about it.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 5692
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:49:41 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

I don't believe that.

Seems to be what most journalists are saying.
quote:

quote:

And the defensive arrangement is terrible. But this is what Abramovich wanted.

quote:

I doubt RA wanted us to have a defense that can't even block crosses.... we've spent a fortune on defenders.

That is taken slightly out of context without the rest of the paragraph, but still. What Abramovich wanted is marauding forwards piling goals in. So what De Matteo played to try to bring this is 3 offensive minded midfielders. WBA were not even that good at the weekend, but it was easy for them to put pressure on the Chelsea full backs because there is absolutely no defensive shift put in by the midfielders who should be covering these positions too. IMO the defense looks poor because they have no support from their team mates and any semi-organised team who can pass the ball or get in a cross can make them look very poor. Doesn't mean that the defense hasn't had lapses this season, but football now is about the whole team defending and they just don't get any support IMO.

quote:

quote:

Because then, surely Abramovich will believe he's tried everything and nothing worked and will give up on the team.

I don't think so...

quote:

I'd feel sorry for the fans, but its what Abramovich deserves.

I agree with that sentiment, but the supporters did agree with some of the sackings... but hey, winning the European Cup will keep most real supporters happy for a good few years, a lot of us still can't really believe what happened last season...

Good luck to RDM though.. top fella.

Its how many managers in the last number of seasons? Fans are able be fickle and get on the managers back after two poor results. Owners are meant to see the big picture and steer a true course. Abramovich is like he's driving a dodgem, bashing into something at every turn. The job is a joke, its just a way of getting a few million quid for a couple of months work.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 21/11/2012 9:52:28 AM >

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5693
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 9:54:03 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

Only a matter of time...

I don't see this. I think things like this prove that he's interested.

For now....

My point is, will that interest last? And when it ceases, what then?

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5694
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:00:04 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Seems to be what most journalists are saying.

Exactly..!

quote:

IMO the defense looks poor because they have no support from their team mates and any semi-organised team who can pass the ball or get in a cross can make them look very poor. Doesn't mean that the defense hasn't had lapses this season, but football now is about the whole team defending and they just don't get any support IMO.

Agreed... but surely the Manager should be berating the midfielders for not getting back - especially the youngsters. But, a lot of the goals this season have been conceded with all the defenders in the box and not being able to cope.

I just don't agree with blaming RA for everything that goes on on the pitch, that was more my point, we have a great squad of players.

quote:

Its how many managers in the last number of seasons? Fans are able be fickle and get on the managers back after two poor results. Owners are meant to see the big picture and steer a true course. Abramovich is like he's driving a dodgem, bashing into something at every turn. The job is a joke, its just a way of getting a few million quid for a couple of months work.

Agreed... however, he was right to sack Ranieri, Grant and Scholari.. and he should never have bought AVB in the first place.

I felt more sorry (and continue to do so) for Ancelotti than anyone....

quote:

I don't see this. I think things like this prove that he's interested. He clearly loves football he just doesn't know much about it.

Agreed. we are debt free too.

Post #: 5695
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:04:05 AM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only a matter of time...

I don't see this. I think things like this prove that he's interested.

For now....

My point is, will that interest last? And when it ceases, what then?

Who says it'll cease? Nobody knows what RA is thinking...no one. He doesn't talk to anyone about himself or what he's doing at Chelsea. I think it's a misguided view to think he'd just walk away. You don't think he'd want to sell it?

And if he does, the club is in a far better position than it was before he took over. If he walked away tomorrow there's still millions and millions in assets and it's starting to make money as a business.

Post #: 5696
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:25:17 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

Who says it'll cease? Nobody knows what RA is thinking...no one. He doesn't talk to anyone about himself or what he's doing at Chelsea. I think it's a misguided view to think he'd just walk away. You don't think he'd want to sell it?

You've kind of flagged a potential problem in the long term. If no one knows his intentions, can you be so certain what his end game might be when that time comes?

And to call Chelsea debt free is a little bit inaccurate. There's a few hundred million that's indebted to Abramovich, meaning you're at the complete mercy of this one individual. Speaking as a supporter of a club who share a similar relationship between a deficit & an owner, it's not the most secure & safe guarded position to be in by any means.

quote:

And if he does, the club is in a far better position than it was before he took over. If he walked away tomorrow there's still millions and millions in assets and it's starting to make money as a business.

Yet how many of those assets are self-sustaining?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Chelsea are heading towards meltdown any time soon. I'm just feeling that the days of a club being supported almost exclusively by a sole sugar daddy are nearing an end & with the fifa financial fairplay malarkey also in the pipeline coinciding with HMRC's increasingly aggressive position on tax, there's an enormous time bomb in English football waiting to explode somewhere.

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 21/11/2012 10:26:39 AM >

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5697
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:32:47 AM   
superdan

Wonder if 'Arry is sat by his phone right now?

Post #: 5698
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:41:28 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Bad result last night especially since Chelsea took the lead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIo7hakYtLs

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5699
RE: Chelsea Thread - 21/11/2012 10:45:07 AM   
Skiba

But you're making the assumption that because he's a mega-rich playboy, he'll just up and leave because something else will take his fancy. I don't see that.

There's obviously similarities to what your club is going through. The difference being that your owner is fucking mentalist! Even with a "rich" benefactor, but you don't have a global reach, you get fuck all from the TV deal, and you've not had the 's that comes from the CL.

Self-sustaining assets? Not a lot, you're right.

As for financial fairplay, I can't see it being enforced. When you see the Russian clubs spending absolute fortunes, PSG spending a shitload, and they have certainly spent above their means. Even Barca and Real's books won't add up. Are we going to see UEFA telling them that they can't play in Europe next season? Not a fucking chance!

Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI