Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:37:18 PM   
Skiba

So every mistimed tackle should be a red card now? That wasn't malicious, or particularly reckless, it was just poorly executed.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5431
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:38:59 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

So every mistimed tackle should be a red card now? That wasn't malicious, or particularly reckless, it was just poorly executed.

Every two footed mistimed tackle, where one foot is halfway up your shin, should be sent off. Yes 100%.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5432
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:43:35 PM   
Skiba

That was not a 'proper' two-footed tackle though. He's clearly gone with the wrong foot, which has made it look worse than it is.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5433
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:45:56 PM   
impqueen

So does that mean Branislav misses the start of the season? It was a booking and it looks worse than it initially did, was it a straight red in a Community Shield? I suppose that’s a different discussion about occasion and shit but I’m fine with the ref’s choice and disappointed with ours (Obi and such..).

Anyway I’m not hugely excited about the new season, in fact I feel incredibly apathetic about football in general at the moment, this will probably change as the Season progresses but right now it’s all a bit ho-hum. Football fans chanting wanker at a decision they disagree with, it’s hardly unexpected is it? They’ve had to go almost two months without screaming bile at a man doing his job.

Lovely goal from Torres mind, except all I can think is about Sheva and his début goal…

< Message edited by impqueen -- 12/8/2012 2:47:12 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5434
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:48:18 PM   
Skiba

Terry's not done well enough there...I think he could've left it as there was someone behind him in a better position.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5435
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:49:14 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

That was not a 'proper' two-footed tackle though. He's clearly gone with the wrong foot, which has made it look worse than it is.

Was it a dangerous tackle? Yes. There is no 'proper' two footed tackle that tackle was clumsy, mistimed and two footed.
He had to go and Townsend saying you see loads of those each week is bollocks of the highest order.
Was it the worst I've seen? No, nowhere near but it's high, late, and two footed.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5436
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:51:27 PM   
impqueen

quote:

Terry's not done well enough there...I think he could've left it as there was someone behind him in a better position.

Our defence have been poor almost all pre-season, it’s all well and good bringing in the creative players and I hope they do well but we’ve done nothing to strengthen the back.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5437
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 2:58:49 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Was it a dangerous tackle? Yes. There is no 'proper' two footed tackle that tackle was clumsy, mistimed and two footed.
He had to go and Townsend saying you see loads of those each week is bollocks of the highest order.
Was it the worst I've seen? No, nowhere near but it's high, late, and two footed.

It's not intentional, so that for me, makes it not a red card...two-footed or not.

This could well be a cricket score.

< Message edited by Skiba -- 12/8/2012 2:59:39 PM >

Post #: 5438
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:01:33 PM   
Olaf

The Clichy Factor.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5439
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:10:52 PM   
impqueen

Sturridge on and I had no idea Mata was playing.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5440
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:17:01 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not intentional, so that for me, makes it not a red card...two-footed or not.

The intention is irrelevant, if that's your reading of it then I can see what you are saying but the tackle is banned because its dangerous.
I think following the rules of the game it's rightly a clear red.
I also don't agree with the point alluded to earlier that it made in cup finals that the occasion should reflect how fouls are dealt with.
If its in the first minute of a cup final and a sending off they have to be sent off.
That's another Townsendism referees should use their common sense, no they shouldn't they should follow the rules of the game and apply them consistently.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 12/8/2012 3:18:57 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5441
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:23:59 PM   
impqueen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The intention is irrelevant, if that's your reading of it then I can see what you are saying but the tackle is banned because its dangerous.
I think following the rules of the game it's rightly a clear red.
I also don't agree with the point alluded to earlier that it made in cup finals that the occasion should reflect how fouls are dealt with.
If its in the first minute of a cup final and a sending off they have to be sent off.
That's another Townsendism referees should use their common sense, no they shouldn't they should follow the rules of the game and apply them consistently.

I don't agree with it either it just something that comes up at these types of events and as soon as he was sent off I had a look on-line (always a bad idea) and it seems that a few people have again said because it's the Community Shield he should have been given yellow, again something I personally disagree with. Intention is meaningless.

Yes, always.

Post #: 5442
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:28:28 PM   
impqueen

Well the score looks a lot better than the game and how we played. City look good.

Four loses in a row, good job Roberto isn’t in charge of Blackburn. So next up Wigan away on a Sunday afternoon.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 12/8/2012 3:30:55 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5443
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:32:22 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Well the score looks a lot better than the game and how we played. City look good.

Four loses in a row, good job Roberto isn’t in charge of Blackburn. So next up Wigan away on a Sunday afternoon.

Thought Chelsea did well considering they had 10 men.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5444
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:39:48 PM   
Skiba

Intent is in the rulebook though, and I just don't think he intended to make a two-footed tackle. I'm not going to agree on this so I'll leave it there!

Post #: 5445
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:40:32 PM   
impqueen

quote:

quote:

Thought Chelsea did well considering they had 10 men.

I thought we were okay but City always looked better and far more dangerous. Torres was good and looked lively but I just don't think we were good for much of the game, Hazard was decent but went missing in the second half, Mata like I said I completely forgot he was playing, the defence never looked stable…I’m probably being overly critical but I just wasn’t enthused by what I saw, ten men or eleven.

Yes, always.

Post #: 5446
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 3:49:36 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Intent is in the rulebook though, and I just don't think he intended to make a two-footed tackle. I'm not going to agree on this so I'll leave it there!

To do with handball and obstruction but not dangerous tackles.
Plus how many times are penalties given when it wasn't a deliberate attempt to handle.
You are right though we aren't going to agree

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5447
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/8/2012 4:00:27 PM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

To do with handball and obstruction but not dangerous tackles.
Plus how many times are penalties given when it wasn't a deliberate attempt to handle.
You are right though we aren't going to agree

Well intent to harm another player is in there so that must cover tackles. Anyway... we were pretty poor, even at 1-0 up. As Impy said, we look poor defensively, and Mikel doesn't do enough to protect the back four. And they really do need protecting!

Post #: 5448
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 1:36:44 PM   
Skiba

This Hazard fella looks alright...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5449
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 2:19:00 PM   
impqueen

Hmmm good start for the first ten minutes...since then? Still 2-0 at HT.

ETA: I quite like that kit though.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 19/8/2012 2:21:56 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5450
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 2:32:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Hazard looks good,but Wigan are awfull..again.

Wigan might aswell turn up for the last 10 games of the season.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5451
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 3:00:40 PM   
Skiba

Fuck me, Oscar is quick! Figueroa had about 20 yards on him there!

Wigan have some really nice players but they seem to be getting worse each season...two seasons ago they had N'Zogbia, who they didn't really replace. Last season they had Rodellaga and Moses...Rodellage is gone and it seems Moses is coming this way.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5452
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 5:55:53 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Only was able to listen to 5live commentary. Hazard I thought would take longer to settle, so pleased he's so effective so early. Still a goal by the right back and a penalty, I stand by my claim that Chelsea will struggle to convert chances.

Good response by Wigan to going 2-0 down early doors by all accounts.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5453
RE: Chelsea Thread - 19/8/2012 6:09:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Victor Moses did well.
And on that performance you can see why Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal and Liverpool are interested,though I see Chelsea as the front-runners to his signature.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5454
RE: Chelsea Thread - 22/8/2012 3:47:57 PM   
Sinatra

Post #: 5455
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/8/2012 8:23:28 PM   
impqueen

fifth bid for Victor Moses accepted

I thought we needed a right back not another forward…oh well.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5456
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/8/2012 2:25:21 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

There you go

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5457
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/8/2012 5:43:44 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

There you go

Reverse psychology does work!

Yes, always.

Post #: 5458
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/8/2012 6:03:14 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Next time try, a new pair if shoes is nice, but would love to win the lottery.

Guardian is speculating on a cheeky Tiote bid if he plays well against ye.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5459
RE: Chelsea Thread - 24/8/2012 6:15:15 PM   
impqueen

Will do.

I’m not looking forward to the game against Newcastle, I really like most of their side and can see them mullering us if we don’t start well. Tioté would be a good signing despite his booking record.

Yes, always.

Post #: 5460
Page:   <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI