Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 7:46:11 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Not for me. Joe Cole is another terrible waste of talent because he wouldn't listen to any coach who didn't just let him go out and play.

Its terribly unfortunate because he obviously loves football, he just didn't have the brain to go with his talent.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5371
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 8:11:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Not for me. Joe Cole is another terrible waste of talent because he wouldn't listen to any coach who didn't just let him go out and play.

Its terribly unfortunate because he obviously loves football, he just didn't have the brain to go with his talent.

I first saw Joe Cole in an england u19 match,I think it was against France.
And to this day I still regard it as one of the most flamboyount yet brilliant displays I've ever witnessed.
He ran the show and he had all the tricks and skills in the trade.Brilliant.

Had he gone to United or Arsenal I think his stature would have been much higher than it is now.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5372
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/6/2012 2:34:12 PM   
impqueen

It still amuses me that before he announced he was joining us fans from all the connected clubs said he was brilliant and now he's suddenly shit. I thought he was decent against England and look forward to seeing how he plays in the League. I'm more pleased he wasn't the one who smashed Cahill's face into Hart which would have been awkward, though I thought Mertens was a bit of a handful.

Yes, always.

Post #: 5373
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/6/2012 2:39:06 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I thought he looked okay at the weekend. I don't know what anyone is to expect from a player at the end of the season basically having a knock-about.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5374
RE: Chelsea Thread - 5/6/2012 10:03:15 PM   
Skiba

quote:

I do agree with this in part. I think Mourinho made him better all-round player but he did lose a lot of his spark...he was still probably my favourite player in the Mourinho era and he scored some cracking and important goals, particularly in the first two title winning seasons. The goals against Liverpool in the first season, Arsenal at Highbury in 2005 and at home to Utd when he skinned three players in one move! Wasted for the most part by England when he was at his peak by sticking him on the left of a 4-4-2...he was much more effective from a wide position in Chelsea's 4-4-3/4-5-1.

He's still only 30 so perhaps the future could see him in a more withdrawn playmaker-type role?

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 5375
RE: Chelsea Thread - 6/6/2012 9:15:06 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

I do agree with this in part. I think Mourinho made him better all-round player but he did lose a lot of his spark...he was still probably my favourite player in the Mourinho era and he scored some cracking and important goals, particularly in the first two title winning seasons. The goals against Liverpool in the first season, Arsenal at Highbury in 2005 and at home to Utd when he skinned three players in one move! Wasted for the most part by England when he was at his peak by sticking him on the left of a 4-4-2...he was much more effective from a wide position in Chelsea's 4-4-3/4-5-1.

Now I can see why Chelsea had an edge on other teams

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5376
RE: Chelsea Thread - 6/6/2012 9:34:17 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Now I can see why Chelsea had an edge on other teams

Oops! Mourinho's secret is finally out!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5377
RE: Chelsea Thread - 7/6/2012 12:58:29 PM   
impqueen

Ummm yeah...Away Kit 2012/2013

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5378
RE: Chelsea Thread - 7/6/2012 1:36:53 PM   
Skiba

Hmmm....bit Man City/Palace/Thunderbirds

Bring this back!

In other news, Battersea Power Station bid has been rejected:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/07/battersea-power-station-preferred-bidders

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5379
RE: Chelsea Thread - 7/6/2012 2:30:58 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Hmmm....bit Man City/Palace/Thunderbirds

Bring this back!

In other news, Battersea Power Station bid has been rejected:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/07/battersea-power-station-preferred-bidders

Im happy about this to a degree.
Its a beautifull building and I would have felt disapointed to see it knocked down or built around/inwards for a shallow modern football/sports stadium whatever the team.
Though the Malaysian proposal does'nt sound that encouraging.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5380
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/6/2012 12:24:23 AM   
Goodfella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18390166

I think this is really good news and something every football fan, not just Chelsea fans, are pleased to see. How far wrong can you go with the man who just guided you to both the FA Cup and the Champions League? The way the team responded to him, the fans, English football in general, that's got to be a good thing. Next season is a completely new start but I wish RDM the very best, he's earned the chance and I hope he's at Stamford Bride for a while yet!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 5381
RE: Chelsea Thread - 11/6/2012 9:42:45 PM   
Rinc

Chelsea finished in a lower league position under RDM than they were under AVB

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5382
RE: Chelsea Thread - 12/6/2012 1:07:16 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

But they won the FA Cup and Champions League, it was always going to be an uphill task for RDM to come in and magically change things around in all three formats his team were playing in, he'll have a fresh start this summer and into next season and who knows where he might take them in the league next.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5383
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/6/2012 7:01:43 PM   
impqueen

Good luck you deserved at least another year but I will be surprised (no matter what happens) if you last the two year deal.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 13/6/2012 7:03:25 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5384
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/6/2012 7:34:27 PM   
directorscut

I'll be suprised if he lasts six months.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5385
RE: Chelsea Thread - 13/6/2012 7:58:21 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

But they won the FA Cup and Champions League, it was always going to be an uphill task for RDM to come in and magically change things around in all three formats his team were playing in, he'll have a fresh start this summer and into next season and who knows where he might take them in the league next.

Chelsea got worse in the league under him though. He has the lowest win percentage of any Chelsea manager since Hoddle. It was always going to be tough to turn it around and the CL was probably a distraction, so it will be interesting to see how he fares from August onwards when that isn't an excuse. I just think he's escaped a lot of criticism for their league displays.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5386
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 10:10:11 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18390166

I think this is really good news and something every football fan, not just Chelsea fans, are pleased to see. How far wrong can you go with the man who just guided you to both the FA Cup and the Champions League? The way the team responded to him, the fans, English football in general, that's got to be a good thing. Next season is a completely new start but I wish RDM the very best, he's earned the chance and I hope he's at Stamford Bride for a while yet!

Again not for me. They would have responded to anyone not AvP being the twats that they were.

Here a bold prediction, Chelsea won't make top 4 next season either.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5387
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 10:13:47 AM   
matty_b

With Hazard and Hulk coming in?

Blimey, that is bold.

Can't see Spurs (whoever is in charge) mounting a challenge, personally.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 5388
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 11:30:47 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Blimey, that is bold.

I think he is an average manager without the experience to control players at this level.
He is ok at the moment because the players think they are still running the show. What happens when he needs to (as he does if they are to move forward) drop Terry, Frank and Cech?

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5389
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 11:32:47 AM   
matty_b

Oh, I agree. The idea that Di Matteo is now some managerial genius, when it's clear he just let the senior players run the team, is baffling. They should have thanked him for his great work and politely moved him on, instead of letting him continue where I imagine he'll be found out.

Still think they'll be top four, though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 5390
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 11:40:40 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

You'll probably be right, I'm shit at bets generally.

However I think Spurs will go for a good coach who'll start to sort out that team and get them player something like.
Newcastle shouldn't be sniffed at if they keep their players, and my dark horses if they keep Moyes will be Everton.
I think now they have a real centre forward they could have a strong season with top notch young talent coming through but the close season is going to be huge for them. They need to keep Marouane Fellaini but with Barkley, Rodwell coming through/backing up and playing more games I think they are potentially looking in good shape.
Obviously losing Baines, Fellaini, and Moyes would seriously scupper this.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5391
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 12:53:05 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Blimey, that is bold.

I think he is an average manager without the experience to control players at this level.
He is ok at the moment because the players think they are still running the show. What happens when he needs to (as he does if they are to move forward) drop Terry, Frank and Cech?

Terry and Cech have a few years left before he has to worry about that and Drogs (God) has gone. Lamps is already being fazed out and will be more limited in appearances.

Post #: 5392
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 12:57:35 PM   
Sinatra

I am glad he has got a chance but I am afraid for him... we rode our luck big time in the CL, and it wasn't his managerial genius that one it for us, it was the dogged stubborness and determination of the players to finally win it. Added to the feel good factor of getting ridof AVB.

I hope it pans out well for him and whatever happens he will have a important place in Chelsea's history, but if I am really honest he may not last more than 12 PL games. I pray I am wrong.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5393
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/6/2012 12:59:08 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I think Terry, to steal an F1 phrase, has gone off the cliff. His performances will drop quickly over the next 6-12 months.
In short, his body is fucked.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 14/6/2012 1:00:50 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5394
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/6/2012 11:09:06 AM   
Skiba

Chelsea have released some of the plans they had for Battersea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/22/chelsea-battersea-stadium-plans

Sounds and looks as though it would've been great, and they were going to keep the towers Now it seems it'll be some soul-less shopping centre/offices and some housing that only buy-to-let arseholes will be able to afford to buy.

Post #: 5395
RE: Chelsea Thread - 23/6/2012 11:11:27 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Chelsea have released some of the plans they had for Battersea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/22/chelsea-battersea-stadium-plans

Sounds and looks as though it would've been great, and they were going to keep the towers Now it seems it'll be some soul-less shopping centre/offices and some housing that only buy-to-let arseholes will be able to afford to buy.

I actually agree, it would have been a real iconic building which retaining a lot of the history. Certainly more long term than a shopping centre FFS. Serious kudos to Chelsea for seeing the potential here though.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5396
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/7/2012 1:33:27 PM   
Professor Moriarty

What do ye think of Maicon at Chelsea?

I'm not that enamoured, seems like a step back to the shirt-selling names rather than quality players. But I guess the team does need a RB.

Post #: 5397
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/7/2012 3:11:54 PM   
impqueen

Well we do need a RB (though Ivanovic) and we could do worse. Ideally in my fantasy world it’s Lahm, Ramos or Alves…

Yes, always.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5398
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/7/2012 10:35:30 AM   
impqueen

Our possible first team line up for 2012/2013...Obi looks out of place though he had improved at the end of last season.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 14/7/2012 10:36:31 AM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5399
RE: Chelsea Thread - 14/7/2012 11:12:29 AM   
Olaf

no Marin? Pffft.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5400
Page:   <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI