Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:33:03 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra
Thank you... I do indeed feel old now. I hope you are well.

Now you know how your wifes felt for the past 10 years.

(Talking about shooting fish in a barrel)

Yeah, and the gags are getting funnier every time.....

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5341
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:44:52 PM   
jonson

Yeah, happy belated 40th (yeah right ) birthday mate. I must admit, as a neutral, I was as elated at the Cheslea result as I have been at ANY Leicester result this season. Fucking top stuff it was.
And yes, Vegas is great, glad you enjoyed it. Although to be fair I went when I was 23, and it was still all desert

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5342
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 3:07:55 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Yeah, and the gags are getting funnier every time.....

Oh come on, the hookers one was half decent.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5343
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 5:01:01 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Hey Flukey, nice work in this thread after Chelsea won the CL btw. Nice to see a neutral supporter enjoy the win and hit back the negative comments.

I'll always back an English club in Europe - it's a feather in the cap of the Premier League to see one of our lot become European Champs.

The manner of the victory meant nothing to me - I found your run in Europe from the second Napoli leg onwards to be highly entertaining, the fact that you turned impossible situations around and effectively fought and defeated the laws of probability made the final victory really special.

It was a magnificent achievement and the negativity is pure bollocks - Alan Hansen said that Liverpool's victory over Roma in 1984 was a far worse match than Chelsea Bayern, and no one remembers anything but the result.

All I can say to Chelsea is bloody well done

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5344
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/5/2012 9:16:25 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

the fact that you turned impossible situations around and effectively fought and defeated the laws of probability made the final victory really special.

That sums up perfectly how most Chelsea fans felt at the end.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 5345
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/5/2012 9:30:40 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Reports seem to be growing stronger of Hulk to Chelsea. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll have no complaints seeing him in the Premiership if it works out.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5346
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/5/2012 1:56:12 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Reports seem to be growing stronger of Hulk to Chelsea. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll have no complaints seeing him in the Premiership if it works out.

Bollocks to the Hulk, Neymar is where it's at.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5347
RE: Chelsea Thread - 31/5/2012 9:42:27 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

Bollocks to the Hulk, Neymar is where it's at.

Aye but Neymar is Barca bound next season according to the mighty Guillem Balague. Hulk wouldn't be a bad signing for Chelsea though.

Post #: 5348
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 11:06:08 AM   
Skiba

It's a lot of money for Hulk but I think he's the right sort of player for Chelsea and the Prem as he's quick and a big bastard...can see him lining up on the right of a front three with Hazard and Torres. Then Mata behind them. Exciting times!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5349
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 11:38:44 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Exciting times!

Indeed, just wish they would confirm RDM now.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5350
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 12:27:19 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Exciting times!

Indeed, just wish they would confirm RDM now.

Really, surely you want a top level coach for this brave new world?

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5351
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 12:39:04 PM   
BigBadWolf

I'm still struggling to get my head around the love for Hulk. If it wasn't for his goal scoring record he'd be Emile Heskey with a silly nickname.

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 1/6/2012 1:01:34 PM >

Post #: 5352
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 1:00:46 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

It's a lot of money for Hulk but I think he's the right sort of player for Chelsea and the Prem as he's quick and a big bastard...can see him lining up on the right of a front three with Hazard and Torres. Then Mata behind them. Exciting times!

At £32m, £38m & £8m respectively - Hazard, Hulk & Marin, will cost Chelsea a mere £2m more than Carroll, Henderson & Downing for Liverpool.
Someone posted this on another site, not too sure what point they're trying to make but it made me laugh and then cry.

Umm so I like both Hazard and Hulk though I've not seen enough of either to be honest. I donít think they are worth what we will eventually have to pay but eh good (not great) players generally cost over the odds these days especially those with their own hype. I do hope that they have a better time at Chelsea than some of our previous cash throw signings. I am looking forward to seeing how the team will look come Community Shield time...

Still I wish we knew who was going to be our manager for the first 7/8 months of next season.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 1/6/2012 1:01:57 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5353
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 1:06:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Umm so I like both Hazard and Hulk though I've not seen enough of either to be honest. I donít think they are worth what we will eventually have to pay but eh good (not great) players generally cost over the odds these days especially those with the own hype. I do hope that they have a better time at Chelsea than some of our previous cash throw signings. I am looking forward to seeing how the team will look come Community Shield time...

I saw him live in the Europa Cup Final 2010. I rated him the 3rd best player on the pitch (Falcao was a cut above).

He played high up on the left that night. I'd say his positives are:
- He is disciplined
- He's not afraid to take on a man
- He's got good control (for a big man)
- He's got good acceleration

On the downside:
- He didn't have his shooting boots on that night (I think the boots were actually some hideous green), but he did shape up that he could hit the ball cleanly
- I don't think he's the fastest player
- For his height / size he didn't seem to be as much of a threat as I'd have expected at set pieces

Course that is all based on one game and over a season ago. I'd be excited if I were you, but as pointed out above he's not Neymar.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5354
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 1:16:18 PM   
impqueen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Umm so I like both Hazard and Hulk though I've not seen enough of either to be honest. I donít think they are worth what we will eventually have to pay but eh good (not great) players generally cost over the odds these days especially those with the own hype. I do hope that they have a better time at Chelsea than some of our previous cash throw signings. I am looking forward to seeing how the team will look come Community Shield time...

I saw him live in the Europa Cup Final 2010. I rated him the 3rd best player on the pitch (Falcao was a cut above).

He played high up on the left that night. I'd say his positives are:
- He is disciplined
- He's not afraid to take on a man
- He's got good control (for a big man)
- He's got good acceleration

On the downside:
- He didn't have his shooting boots on that night (I think the boots were actually some hideous green), but he did shape up that he could hit the ball cleanly
- I don't think he's the fastest player
- For his height / size he didn't seem to be as much of a threat as I'd have expected at set pieces

Course that is all based on one game and over a season ago. I'd be excited if I were you, but as pointed out above he's not Neymar.

Cheers Prof Yeah from what I've seen of Neymar he is class but despite our efforts he does appear Barca bound which to be fair will probably allow him to flourish even more.

Iím sort of quietly expectant. Weíve signed enough players with Ďreputationí in the past that have failed to deliver that Iím trying hard not to get my hopes to high.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5355
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 2:33:12 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

I'm still struggling to get my head around the love for Hulk. If it wasn't for his goal scoring record he'd be Emile Heskey with a silly nickname.

No! Not a forward that has a good scoring record! Rather strange statement! . 21 goals last season and 36 the one before and that from predominantly a wide position.

He can twat a ball too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8cOGhYMT4

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 5356
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 2:42:10 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

No! Not a forward that has a good scoring record! Rather strange statement! . 21 goals last season and 36 the one before and that from predominantly a wide position.

He can twat a ball too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8cOGhYMT4

Yes, I realise the oddity of the statement. I just don't really rate the guy that highly, he's a decent player, but, I don't know, I'm not sold as they say. Maybe I'll grow to like him!

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 1/6/2012 2:45:02 PM >

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5357
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 2:46:26 PM   
Skiba

I've only seen bits and pieces of him to be honest in the UEFA cup and that and he's always looked quite lively...besides, he's better than Kalou!

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 5358
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 3:05:10 PM   
Sinatra

I'm in the 'RDM deserves a crack at it after winning us the European Cup' camp.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 5359
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 3:37:59 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

I'm in the 'RDM deserves a crack at it after winning us the European Cup' camp.

Who isn't? He's earned himself a shot and I hope RA is smart enough to give it to him, and his head isn't turned, again, by the search for a "high profile" appointment.

After all with Pep taking a year out and Mourinho settling on a new contract at Real, who out there would you seriously look at anyway?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5360
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 5:07:00 PM   
Saltire

quote:

I dont think you become a Brazil national team striker if have have the touch of that oaf Heskey tbf!

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 5361
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 6:10:59 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

I dont think you become a Brazil national team striker if have have the touch of that oaf Heskey tbf!

Hey nothing wrong with making a lazy comparison now and then, if you're undecided about a guy. Although Alfonso Alves was capped by Brazil, so they do get it wrong sometimes

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 1/6/2012 6:16:05 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5362
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 8:02:14 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Who isn't? He's earned himself a shot and I hope RA is smart enough to give it to him, and his head isn't turned, again, by the search for a "high profile" appointment.

After all with Pep taking a year out and Mourinho settling on a new contract at Real, who out there would you seriously look at anyway?

Me he's a posts width luckier than Avram Grant . Peps available, go get him.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5363
RE: Chelsea Thread - 1/6/2012 8:41:27 PM   
directorscut

I'd be delighted with DiMatteo staying on cause I highly doubt they're going to finish in the top four with him in charge.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 5364
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 1:20:13 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

Me he's a posts width luckier than Avram Grant . Peps available, go get him.

Have you been drinking Bob?

I believe Pep is still taking a year out and will not entertain any potential management offers until at least the end of next season. Give Di Matteo the year in charge at the very, very least. He's just led them to the FA Cup and Champions League, that's a pretty good return....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 5365
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 9:59:46 AM   
Skiba

Pep's last statment was a bit different from the year off he said when he said he was leaving Barca

"I will receive all calls with pleasure, but for the next fewmonths I have to recharge my batteries and my mind," ... "I will be ready if one club wants me and seduces me."

I'm undecided on RDM to be honest. He certainly deserves a shot at it but I can't help think that if things don't got too well early on then he'll get the chop. If he gets it then I'll be happy but if he didn't, I wouldn't be losing any sleep either.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5366
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 7:11:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Have you been drinking Bob?

Nope Grant got to a League cup final, second in the league and lost on a penalty shootout in the Champions League final.
I think anyone but AVB going into that dressing room, there was going to be a positive reaction from the players.

I think Pep will be heading there over the summer.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 5367
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 7:27:05 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Thought Hazard put in a decent showing on todays performance.He's still not the finished product (human,product),but if Chelsea manage him well and improve his weaker parts of his game then he should become a very,very good player.
Reminds me of Joe Cole.

Post #: 5368
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 7:31:11 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Thought Hazard put in a decent showing on todays performance.He's still not the finished product (human,product),but if Chelsea manage him well and improve his weaker parts of his game then he should become a very,very good player.
Reminds me of Joe Cole.

I think he's quite a bit better than that.

I think Hazard will be a big hit once he adapts and I don't think it will take that long either.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5369
RE: Chelsea Thread - 2/6/2012 7:34:36 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Reminds me of Joe Cole.

I think he's quite a bit better than that.

I think Hazard will be a big hit once he adapts and I don't think it will take that long either.

Joe Cole was a pretty good player for Chelsea and England in the year of 06 to 08,then he went to Liverpool.........

Post #: 5370
Page:   <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI