Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chelsea Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/5/2012 10:03:57 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Which is why you have to ask how United manage to win the league year in year out or worse case scenario end up runners up. Maybe they have the best signing that money can't buy - Sir Alex Ferguson!

Thats Uniteds main strong point (and also arsenals) ie there managers.

With Uniteds Wage and Transfer restrictions I cant see how they will convince the bigger named players to the club,a club where bigger named players tend to favourably reject them and that was even before United where owned by the glazers.

Sure United,like Arsenal,will bring in the youth and develop talent but once the top,top players become available and United throw there hat in the ring it will,in my opinion,be thrown straight back at them.

@impqueen

Thats a solid squad.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 28/5/2012 10:06:13 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 5311
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/5/2012 10:11:05 PM   
Skiba

quote:

He's signed for the Champions League winner(s). But does he think he will therefore be in for a shout with the Champions League trophy next year? I very much doubt it. Their win was a fluke. I very much doubt the likes of Barca or Bayern will lie down a second time if they were to meet again. And their brand of football is not exactly pleasing to the eyes.

Or even the title, I feel United and City will still be contesting it.

No stabilty. No long term plan. Its a bad move in my opinion. He would have been better off moving up North, red OR blue.

But anyway, welcome to the Premier League!

Yes because every previous winner of the CL have absolutely deserved to win it and have been the best team, playing the best football...Chelsea played the way that was necessary to get through two legs against Barca, and then what was essentially an away tie in the final. If they'd tried to play expansively, we wouldn't have had a trophy, or even a loser's medal.

Very happy with Hazard although his cock-teasing has made him look like a bit of a twat...I've no doubt he'll be a regular though despite our recent treatment of the young players.

No stability? Still won more that most clubs have done with their stability and do players really care who the manager is if they're getting paid and winning things? Surely Hazard is part of the long term plan...as is Marin, de Bruyn, Lukaku, Courtois etc. I can see Marin staying but others are likely to be loaned out including McEachran.

I fully expect a proper title challenge next year along with a decent defence of the CL.

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 5312
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/5/2012 10:14:35 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Which is why you have to ask how United manage to win the league year in year out or worse case scenario end up runners up. Maybe they have the best signing that money can't buy - Sir Alex Ferguson!

Thats Uniteds main strong point (and also arsenals) ie there managers.

United have just got that thing in their DNA to go and consistently beat all the lesser teams and this allows them to accumulate so many points that by the end of the season they are always thereabouts.

I'm suprised they've been so successful with a comparatively average midfield, however this is down to Fergie instilling that mental strength in them and the confidence that comes with years of winning.

Man U desperately need new midfielders though - they are never going to beat Man City without a couple of serious signings in that department. That said a lot of people have been saying the exact same thing for about five years and they still manage to compete!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5313
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/5/2012 10:15:03 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

And RDM must now be the boss,chelsea cant keep signing players while a boss/manager isnt in charge surely?

It's the European way. Or at least it does seem a British trait that it's managers who do the buying and selling of players. I think European players are much more open to joining clubs without knowing who the manager (or coach) will be. There's this thing in our leagues that a new manager comes in and has to build his own team, but in Europe he has the squad built for him and is essentially told these are the players you have to work with. There are exceptions to this of course.

Post #: 5314
RE: Chelsea Thread - 28/5/2012 10:31:53 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

All in all rether Hazard will be a good signing or not the moment he announced who he was signing for on twitter was the moment it finally clicked with my opinions on him ie he likes a circus,for that reason alone we know what Fergusons does with circuses:

bam!

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 28/5/2012 11:16:30 PM >

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 5315
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 12:40:54 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Always pleased to see new talent in the Premiership. I've seen very little of him so I'll have to rely on the hype. If he's half as good as he thinks he is it should be good. As imp says hope he plays cos IMO we've seen far too little of Chelsea youth. Ramirez on one side, Hazard on the other, Mata down the middle, you can see why Torres is now happy. Still think they need a defensive midfielder.

Dont forget Marin, he's gonna be a star that lad. Damn Chelsea do look as if they'll actually be watchable next year!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5316
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 11:11:25 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

He's signed for the Champions League winner(s). But does he think he will therefore be in for a shout with the Champions League trophy next year? I very much doubt it. Their win was a fluke. I very much doubt the likes of Barca or Bayern will lie down a second time if they were to meet again. And their brand of football is not exactly pleasing to the eyes.

Chelsea seem to be getting quite a bit of stick for their playing style against two teams who were far superior to them technically and in terms of stability.
I don't think throughout the season Chelsea have been particularly negative in the PL, its just something the media and opposing fans seem to have jumped on. It seems to be a handy stick to beat them with.
Personally I don't see how a side containing Hazard, Mata, Marin, Torres, Lampard etc (plus maybe Strurridge and Lukaku) is going to be boring going forward.
I can also see other players coming in which will further disprove this misconception.

quote:

No stabilty. No long term plan. Its a bad move in my opinion. He would have been better off moving up North, red OR blue.

That I do agree with, but in terms of him wanting to play and a side which will most suit him I would have thought Arsenal would have been a better choice than Chelsea within London. But there was no way they were going to offer him the money he wanted.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_
He won't get near the Champions League trophy with City or Utd either plus he'll probably play more at Chelsea who are short on quality wingers and he has his Belgium mates at Chelsea.

If assumptions are to be made I think it would be fairer to say the English clubs will perform significantly better than last season.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 5317
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 2:09:47 PM   
Sinatra

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was in Vegas for the final and it was quite a day indeed.

KO was at 11.45am local time and by the time Drogba took that beautiful penalty I was rolled up in a ball on the floor, just waiting for the reaction of the crowd in the pub.... sheer and utter ecstasy then set in... I honestly have never felt so emotional. I did not know what to do with myself. We had won the Champions League, against all the odds. Incredible.

Every player played their part and I was more than happy to see Terry, Ramires, Meireles and Ivanovic partying along side the final team.

Cech, Cole and Cahill were my men of the match... but everyone, even Torres from the bench, played a part.

And then of course Drogba, what an utter beast of a man, with arguably the best headed goal ever seen in the CL. He'll be a huge loss, but what a parting gift.

Even now, 10 days later I keep smiling to myself like a giddy school kid at the start of the summer holidays.

Brilliant. Now it's time to challenge for the Premiership again...

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 29/5/2012 2:53:21 PM >

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5318
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 2:43:31 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Jesus, I thought you'd must have died.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5319
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:22:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

And RDM must now be the boss,chelsea cant keep signing players while a boss/manager isnt in charge surely?

I'd love to stick a tenner on Pep joining as a Director of Football and JT taking the reigns as player/manager.

Post #: 5320
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:23:40 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Banking sector still struggling then

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5321
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:24:44 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Well he wouldn't want to spend that bonus in this country, the rest of the country might get some benefit off the VAT.

Bloody bankers.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 29/5/2012 3:25:00 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 5322
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:26:03 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

quote:

It's not great to be honest,,, but I struggle on. The trip was for my 40th birthday actually.

I also have a feeling RDM may take charge, it seems strange to be signing players otherwise.

Hazzard sounds quite useful though...

Post #: 5323
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:28:00 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Well he wouldn't want to spend that bonus in this country, the rest of the country might get some benefit off the VAT.

Bloody bankers.

arhh how I have missed this abuse.... I'll have you know we are going to Centre Parcs 3 times this year, so there!

Post #: 5324
RE: Chelsea Thread - 29/5/2012 3:39:02 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not great to be honest,,, but I struggle on. The trip was for my 40th birthday actually.

I also have a feeling RDM may take charge, it seems strange to be signing players otherwise.

Hazzard sounds quite useful though...

This is on my list of 40th trips. Birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but still not sorted out holiday. I take it Vegas comes well recommended?

Back on topic,

I don't want to burst any Chelsea bubbles, but those 25M+ Premiership signings havent' always paid off

Torres 50M (say no more until next season)
Aguero 35M (bloody brilliant so far)
Carroll 35M (way over priced)
Robinho 33M (who even remembers he was at City)
Shevchenko 31M (flop)
Berbatov 31M (not terrible but hardly the 30M talisman you'd expect)
Ferdinand 29M (worth it)
Veron 28M (flop)
Dzeko 27M (way over priced)
Rooney 26M (worth it)

So out of our 10 cases there, imo only 2 have been worth it over time with Aguero looking to be number 3. There are more misses than hits.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5325
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 9:24:42 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Make it fair Proff, you've got to work it out minus their resale value.

Veron might not have pulled up trees at Man Utd (thanks to Roy Keane in my opinion and Fergie not moving him out) but they got 16-18 Million back for him so a hit of only 10M

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 5326
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 9:33:05 AM   
Professor Moriarty

But that's what they cost to buy. They were +25M buys and the majority imo have not been a success. There are only 2 or 3 on the list who have been sold on, so I don't really see that as easy to incorporate. And I'm sure there might be a case for why each one wasn't successful and maybe that case is that the team has to be built around them when you are investing that much in them for them to be a success.

I don't think there is anything more to be read into it than transfer fee does not necessarily equate to success. That's all I'm pointing out.

Post #: 5327
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 10:25:33 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

I see Hazard has already stated he will be playing as a second striker.

Sounds like he think the teams going to run around him, even if the manager isn't in place.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 5328
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:45:42 PM   
Sinatra

Arhh yes, but those kind of statistics are there to be blown away.

Drogba has been worth every penny of his 24 mil.

I think the signing of Hazard (when confirmed) is a statement of intent to us having a good pop at the PL next season. It is strange timing though... is RDM staying?

As for Vegas, oh yes... loved every second... I am not a gambler, but it isn't about gambling... there's so much more than that to Vegas. Can't wait to go back one day.

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 30/5/2012 1:46:54 PM >

Post #: 5329
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:48:24 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Nice to see a big player come over here and not bugger off to Spain

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5330
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:50:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

As for Vegas, oh yes... loved every second... I am not a gambler, but it isn't about gambling... there's so much more than that to Vegas.

Hookers so professional they don't wince when they see you naked?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 30/5/2012 1:53:45 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5331
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:53:25 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

As for Vegas, oh yes... loved every second... I am not a gambler, but it isn't about gambling... there's so much more than that to Vegas.

Post #: 5332
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:54:03 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

quote:

I am not that kind of lad... and anyway they would be stunned by my toned body...!

Post #: 5333
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:55:23 PM   
Sinatra

Hey Flukey, nice work in this thread after Chelsea won the CL btw. Nice to see a neutral supporter enjoy the win and hit back the negative comments.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 5334
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:56:26 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am not that kind of lad... and anyway they would be stunned by my toned body...!

So, no gambling, no hookers? You sure you actually went to Vegas, rather than your family just saying you've been and had a lovely time?

Meh I'll leave you alone now, genuinely glad to see you above ground.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 30/5/2012 1:58:25 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5335
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 1:59:32 PM   
Sinatra

Well they said I went? there were lots of bright lights and alcohol..... or was that an operating theatre..... ? it's all so confusing.....

Post #: 5336
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:02:53 PM   
Sinatra

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ColumnistsDetails/0,,10268~2786935,00.html

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 5337
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:05:20 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Meh I'll leave you alone now, genuinely glad to see you above ground.

Absolutely, wondered where you had got to!

Happy belated 40th mate!

Need to go and have a wash now, having been in the Chelsea thread...........

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 5338
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:13:59 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Need to go and have a wash now, having been in the Chelsea thread...........

How very dare you...

Thank you... I do indeed feel old now. I hope you are well.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5339
RE: Chelsea Thread - 30/5/2012 2:18:33 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Thank you... I do indeed feel old now. I hope you are well.

Now you know how your wifes felt for the past 10 years.

(Talking about shooting fish in a barrel)

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5340
Page:   <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Chelsea Thread Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI