Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 12/3/2009 6:40:11 AM   
Snake-Eyes

At this point, it'll be interesting to see how a fourth Mad Max will materilaise - will it really be an all-CGI feature? tell you the truth, for me, NOTHING will ever top THE ROAD WARRIOR. the idea of a new console game sounds awesome though.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 31
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 4:51:28 PM   
mentalmelvin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIk3WWiEIA

this Miller interview seems recent....so,.....!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 32
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 6:06:21 PM   
Monkeyshaver

Why's he being interviewed by David 'Kid' Jensen?!?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to mentalmelvin)
Post #: 33
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 6:45:27 PM   
Snake-Eyes

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.....!!!!!

Post #: 34
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 7:34:39 PM   
Tech_Noir

George Miller is an Oscar winner, get MAD MAX IV made now!

Fair enough Mel is gone, so long as he uses the Joseph Campbell archetypes (ala Mad Max 2-3) it'll work.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 26/4/2009 7:35:47 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 35
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 7:38:00 PM   
HughesRoss

Fair enough Tech, but if its not CGI then who would replace Mel.....

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 36
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 8:24:02 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

Fair enough Tech, but if its not CGI then who would replace Mel.....

No idea, just make the story compelling and that's all that's needed.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 37
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 26/4/2009 10:55:51 PM   
Deviation

Thing is, after Beyond Thunderdome, I have no desire to watch another Mad Max.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 38
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 27/4/2009 7:16:12 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Thunderdome was great.

See Siskell and Ebert's review. They put it up there with Back to The Future as the best film of 1985.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 39
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 27/4/2009 8:59:06 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I wish Mr. Gibson would just swallow his pride, dust off the old Leathers and fire up the V-8 once again.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 27/4/2009 9:00:37 AM >

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 40
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 27/4/2009 9:07:25 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

hello Deviation - I admit that THUNDERDOME had it's flaws but IMO, the first half was an excellent 'evolution' of the universe set up by the first two movies. The actual Thunderdome fight was awesome! the production design was top-notch and is still imitated to this day. Maurice Jarre's score gave it a real 'epic' feel. those kids did get a wee bit annoying and the final chase scene wasn't nowhere near as good as that of MM2 (but then what on Earth could ever match it?)

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 41
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 27/4/2009 11:39:46 AM   
mentalmelvin

Sorry to break-the-flow here...but,gotta re-post this 'ere thing of mine from another thread...thats been locked for some unknown reason !!!!.

REPOSTED : Yeah,...MAD MAX 4 : Fury Road would be a hit simply for existing as far as I'm concerned....if Mel really wasn't "into" the acting thing much anymore....then why not bookend his career {that side of the camera} with a role that kickstarted it !!?.Go out with a BANG !.

I had a few ideas over the years for a 4th....even thought of writin' 'em down n'popping 'em through the letterbox of ICON Productions {to pass on to the appropriate people} thats just 3 miles up the road from me.....maybe they might consider thinkin' of adding these "bits" of my ideas to any larger scale story stuff....Hell! I'll shove my ideas on here for absolutely free...I'd be stoked even if you forum-guys thought they were any good!.Sincerely...if any of this is any good and if anyone can add to it...and we ever saw a MAD MAX 4...all I'd think is "at bloody last!!!"

Here we go.....

What if...{BIG "IF"} Max "crusty old hermit" Rockatansky stumbles over an abandoned military/government base out in the sticks {ala end of TERMINATOR 3 "base" kinda thing} and finds....wait for it....a "pristine" V8 Interceptor along with other luxury cars.....coulda been left for a polictician/famous person/car collector just prior to all the "nuke-y stuff"...surely a multi-millionaire type person woulda stockpiled such things.....and been on a list for admission to such a place !.

{I think this would also be a bit of an acting challenge for Mel....since....trying to perform these kinda emotions would be pretty intense....think about it !? Finding a car you used to own over 20 years ago...and you hadn't even seen a "real" car in those 25 years !}

As for the place being abandoned...theres any number of reason....maybe the folks didn't make it in in time...maybe they all went mad and killed each other.....maybe there were more vehicles than people that made it there...!Who knows !

After 20 years or so without even sitting in a real car....I thought it might just be funny as sh*t to see Mad Max had forgotten {just for a moment or two} "how to drive".....heheheh

yeah I know the black-on-black V8 was put together by the mechanic with "bits from here,bits from there"....but,...to be honest....who would complain the car was exactly the same!? I bloody wouldn't !

But,anyway....I defy "anyone" to HATE the idea of "Max in a V8 again"......fair enough the freaky home-made mechano buggy things the bad guys roll around in are cool.....but,...I think if they did this,got Max back in a V8...they could then take the character of Max in ANY direction after this,...from this foundation.They could "go nutz" with it after that !.

After that they could take the movie anywhere......hopefully not anywhere near any sand-caked kids or anything causing a PG rating....

What can I say....? I get very bored waiting for hollywood's legal wrangles to get sorted out on alot of my favourite movie's sequels..and so I write partial screenplays,etc....even do a little story-boarding to while away the years of waiting.....

Jeez ! think of the millions they'd make out of just the MAD MAX 4 video-games !

Anyway,3 cheers?, or vent ya spleens in response here...

< Message edited by mentalmelvin -- 27/4/2009 11:51:08 AM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 42
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 27/4/2009 2:20:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

hello mentalmelvin. I certainly enjoyed your idea of Max discovering a brand new V8, that'd be awesome. ok, so apparently the Fourth Film almost went into production; sets were built and so were some cars I hear. Does anyone know if the script ever leaked online? can we get a link?

Post #: 43
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 7/5/2009 2:43:29 PM   
mentalmelvin

G'day...Thanks.Was wondering if anyone thought it was a good idea!.I "obviously" have alot more detail etc, to my ideas...{a little hint : as MAD MAX 1 seemed to be like a police-state forming - echos of current news -like their police radios constantly updating whats new thats "illegal",calling cops "the bronz" etc.Anyway,what if the "candy" offered to Max in the form of the V8 was actually a prototype black-on-black V8 meant as a fleet for the entire police force...to be as intimidating as possible !{This would also be cool for Mel to act...if he found evidence of this when he finds the cars!}But,that nuclear war thing had them put into storage...Max could find the fleet of cars...and maybe....just maybe....bring LAW & ORDER back to the wastelands deputising good-folks.Or does that sound a little too Kev Kostner "Postman"!?}anyway i've had long enough to have written a whole series of these movies in the 24 years since the last...

i heard about the sets and stuff being built in Africa {!} somewhere a few years back...then the animation idea...which...is fine for kiddies but,as far as Max-Fans...seems to be totally at odds with whats its all about...seeing cool cars & stuntmen being put through the ringer!....and if there were to be CGI stuff...oh my God ! I'd be reaching for the sick bucket !

I am also worried that it will go too far into "caveman" territory with the vehicles...MAD MAX 4 wouldn't look so cool if all the people were "running" {literally}their cars like the Flintstones!!!!When the V8 got totalled it was very brave of the film makers 'cos it felt alot like cutting Samson's Hair...the V8 was a character in itself....oh! and talking of characters...Bruce Spence has to come back too...he's gotta.

well,...i'll keep my ideas forming....folks at Icon {Finchley} might be getting mail from me...ALL my ideas are FREE...i ain't into this for anything other than bringing an 80's iconic character back to the screen.Thats it !

< Message edited by mentalmelvin -- 7/5/2009 3:07:15 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 44
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 10/5/2009 12:09:38 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: mentalmelvin

ALL my ideas are FREE...i ain't into this for anything other than bringing an 80's iconic character back to the screen.Thats it !

Sounds good to me mate!

Post #: 45
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 18/5/2009 8:06:01 AM   
Timon

Moviemaker George Miller is set to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the third Mad Max movie by reviving the franchise in Sydney, Australia.
According to industry insiders, Miller has started scouting for locations and is considering a start on the new Mad Max movie later this year.

The Sydney Daily Telegraph reports Mel Gibson is unlikely to return for a fourth film because Miller thinks the actor/director is too old to play the iconic road warrior.
Gibson played Mad Max in the original 1979 movie and revived the action man for two subsequent sequels in 1981 and 1985.

In a 2007 interview, the director said, "It won't be Mel. He was 21 when he made the first one (film), now he's a lot older and his passion is for filmmaking and directing.
"I don't think he is into acting and I don't think he would be interested in being involved at all."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 46
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 18/5/2009 10:53:36 AM   
Snake-Eyes

hey Timon, I knew you'd get this before me my friend. looks like there is indeed some activity going on -

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25497750-2902,00.html

man, I wish George n' Mel had teamed up about ten years ago and just made the film; I'd much rather have seen a fourth MAX film than a fourth WEAPON. it's very interesting because this update suggests a live-action flick which contradicts the earlier reports of a CGI film.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 47
RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road - 18/5/2009 11:05:52 AM   
mentalmelvin

i think its a mute point as far as Mel's age...cos from movie mags of 1985,the 3rd movie is supposed to be set 15 YEARS after the 2nd !.

I just thought Mel had been hitting the grog more & lookin rougher cos of the coober pedy tempretures.heheh

so,as far as age...all i can say,is if sly stallone is still flinging himself outa airplanes at 61 {expendables}...i'm sure Mel can handle "driving" for a MAD MAX movie.He ain't that far gone !Jeeez !

Lethal Weapon 4 was...not good."the gangs all here" and barely recognisable as the characters they used to be just a movie before....pass the sick bucket.well for 34 million i'd throw my shoulder out again for the....10th time onscreen.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 48
Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 7:27:00 PM   
Tech_Noir

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41119

Still not convinced about a Mad Max film without Mel.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 49
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 7:31:19 PM   
mentalmelvin

yep! it does certainly suck no matter what way ya look at it.

had my hopes raised n' dashed n' left numb now....! heheheh

25 years waiting.....guess us "fans" {that have lived in hope} ain't quite in the loop....

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 50
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 7:34:03 PM   
Tech_Noir

I'm guessing the film will just be called FURY ROAD and will be set in the same universe as Mad Max.

Why not bring in Sam Worthington, he seems to be the new hip Aussie on the block.

Post #: 51
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 7:43:27 PM   
Woger

Going by some early revies Worthington seems to be overshadowing Bale in Terminator Salvation. Who knows if Clash of the Titans is a smash he could be the next Paul Hogan.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 52
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 9:30:43 PM   
paulfez

Fury Road is the title that they are cureently going with. Every few years it comes out that they are going to make a Mad Max for and then it goes quiet, its funny the last time they were going to make it George Miller wasa making the first Happy Feet, now he takes about making it again , building the sets in OZ while he is making Happy Feet 2. I guess we will be seeing Happy Feet 3 before we see Mad Max 4.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 53
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 19/5/2009 10:04:10 PM   
mentalmelvin

well....i'm a legendary "waiter"...Guns N' Roses fan....17 years waiting.....Terminator fan....7 years waiting....+12 years waiting...and now 6 years waiting.....and now obvoiusly...the 24+years waiting for a 4th MAD MAX....!!!!

These are the only things I'm really into as far as entertainment.....so....as you can see......i have had some extremely dull decades. heheh

(in reply to paulfez)
Post #: 54
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 20/5/2009 7:58:04 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Going by some early revies Worthington seems to be overshadowing Bale in Terminator Salvation. Who knows if Clash of the Titans is a smash he could be the next Paul Hogan.

Don't forget Worthingon is in this new sci-fi film later this year, supposed to be good. The director did Piranha 2.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 55
RE: Mad Max revving to go - 20/5/2009 8:33:33 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I really wish that crazy bastard Gibbo would just say "screw it!" and join Mr. Miller on a Fourth Max film - I don't reckon he's too old for this S**t!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 56
RE: MAD MAX 4? - 22/6/2009 5:17:56 PM   
Everlasting Fire

Requirements for a successful Mad Max 4:

1) Ultra violence. Go for "R" and take no prisoners.
2) One way or the other Mel Gibson should be involved.
3) No prequels.
4) Let it be fresh, sharp, shocking and abiding to no rules (The dog does not die, a sex scene with the girl that is hired for box office revenue only ala Megan Fox in Transformers, happy ending, ...etc). Do not limit the script to studio writers, use fresh ideas. Listen to the fans.
5) Let their be engines, and let them roar loud. This is a road movie after all.
6) Max and the people who want him dead, that's all. No girlfriends, no wives, no kids, nothing.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 57
RE: MAD MAX 4? - 24/6/2009 6:27:43 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Everlasting Fire

Requirements for a successful Mad Max 4:

1) Ultra violence. Go for "R" and take no prisoners.
2) One way or the other Mel Gibson should be involved.
3) No prequels.
4) Let it be fresh, sharp, shocking and abiding to no rules (The dog does not die, a sex scene with the girl that is hired for box office revenue only ala Megan Fox in Transformers, happy ending, ...etc). Do not limit the script to studio writers, use fresh ideas. Listen to the fans.
5) Let their be engines, and let them roar loud. This is a road movie after all.
6) Max and the people who want him dead, that's all. No girlfriends, no wives, no kids, nothing.

Yep. what he said!

(in reply to Everlasting Fire)
Post #: 58
RE: MAD MAX 4? - 1/7/2009 5:54:25 PM   
HH86

Mad Max = immense.

Be interesting to see how the next one plays out....

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 59
RE: MAD MAX 4? - 1/7/2009 8:53:25 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: HH86

Mad Max = immense.

Be interesting to see how the next one plays out....

Hello HH86 - I agree that the Mad Max character / story / franchise is indeed immense - with all the films, video games and other media that have been influenced by  (or just plain ripped off) them, I'm surprised that it has taken so long for George Miller to realise that a Fourth film would be great if executed correctly.

(in reply to HH86)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI