Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 6/12/2006 10:25:21 PM   
Mycroft

So how does everyone think the ITK will reveal himself to Dexter? Over a beer? Over Deb's dead body? Or maybe Dexter will figure it out first

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 61
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 11/12/2006 3:28:12 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 1.11, Truth Be Told:

Holy fuck! What a show. The wait until next week is going to be unbearable.

I love that despite what he claims, Dexter does feel. He is emotional thinking of the bloodbath and is terrified that Rudy will kill Deb.

I think Dexter will save Deb. As for Rudy, I don't know. Will Dexter give him the same treatment as the other killers? Or will he let him go since he respects him so much?

So who thinks the new Haitian-American Lietuenant will have something to do with Doakes? He served in Haiti after all...

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 62
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 11/12/2006 4:39:59 PM   
ndy_vrg

What a fucking amazing episode!!!!!!!!

There's someone running around in a gorilla suit?
What's he look like?

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 63
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 12/12/2006 2:00:51 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Forgot to mention - did anyone else get chills when Dexter told Doakes to take his fucking hand off of him? First time Dexter has really shown his true self to anyone else (other than his victims). Michael C Hall is just amazing in the role.

(in reply to ndy_vrg)
Post #: 64
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 12/12/2006 5:42:01 PM   
furrybastard

I liked it, a great setup for the season finale. Dexter's realisation who the ITK was wasn't as dramatic as I'd hoped. Deb's realisation was! Paul's reaction to his kids while in prison was great. And the guy playing Rudy seemed a lot more cmofortable with his character in this episode. At first he was very distant and just did the whole 'stare intently' thing - he seemed to loosen up a bit in this episode 

Post #: 65
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 15/12/2006 5:20:34 PM   
hongkongphooey

Another good episode - I'll miss this when it finishes. A bit creepy watching this in light of the Ipswich murders.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 66
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 18/12/2006 3:42:18 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 1.12, Born Free:

Loved it! I didn't really think Dexter would go through with killing Deb but it was great seeing him battle with his demons before stopping Rudy/Brian. After that confrontation I was a little disappointed as I thought that was the last we'd see of Rudy/Brian this season, but my fears were put to rest when we saw someone watching Dexter put Deb to bed.

I knew Dexter was pretending to be asleep but I did think Deb was in the bed. It was a great 'hell yeah' moment when Dexter put the wire round Rudy's neck. Thought it was strange that there were no police at Rudy's house but I'll let it slide. That scene with Rudy tied up was just fantastic. Dexter was devastated at having to 'put him down'. And the fatal blow came from nowhere!

Apparently in the book Rudy gets away at the end but I like this ending better. Looks like the centerpiece of next season will be Dexter having to keep Doakes away from the truth and doing the same with Rita. I really loved the scene at the shipping yard where Dexter got the better of Doakes.

What an amazing first season! I'm not sure if the second book has a single serial killer at the centre of things ala the ITK but either way I can't wait to see it.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 67
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 19/12/2006 4:02:29 PM   
Zatoichi

Yup, fantastic way to end the season, and I'll miss downloading this brilliant show! I too was glad to see more of Rudy/Brian after thinking we'd seen his last, and the way they mimicked each other's catching/killing styles was great. That final imagined sequence was a wonderful way to end it all, and I'm really looking forward to where everything goes in the second season.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

Post #: 68
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 19/12/2006 6:38:50 PM   
furrybastard

Great episode! And yes, what a brilliant scene to end the series on 

Not sure how I feel about the killing of Rudy. I quite liked him! It would have been interesting if he had escaped and the sibling relationship could have been explored a bit deeper in the second season.

I was genuinely surprised they were brothers, though they were building it up from the beginning of the episode. The reveals are always satisfying, even when you sense them coming.

What the hell are they going to do for next season!?

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 69
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 19/12/2006 6:45:56 PM   
hongkongphooey

Add me to the list of people who thought it was great :)

I want to rewatch them all now - didn't Dexter tell Deb that Rudy wanted to become part of the family. I'll look at all of his scenes in a whole different light now. Thought it was great the way he went from charming to sinister so quickly, but I still felt sorry for him. I would've liked Rudy to have got away, but I suppose killing him off makes more sense. And it was a fantastic scene.

Roll on season 2!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 70
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 19/12/2006 7:39:57 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Christian Camargo was the guy playing Rudy/Brian - and the good news is he's going to be on Studio 60 soon as an actor portraying Keith Richards in Harriet's Rolling Stones film. Apparently he gets to wear all the Richards gear and do his best impression. Should be fun.

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 71
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 20/12/2006 7:41:07 PM   
Mycroft

Its been a superb season, sad to see Rudy go. I would have kept that story going but he went out while it was strong. I didn't click about Rudy/Dexter's relationship until he first went to the house, I thought he was just helping him realise who he was, sometimes I can be so slow. Puzzled me how he could know so much about Dexter's past.

Post #: 72
RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed - 4/1/2007 2:28:25 PM   
ndy_vrg

Just reading the 2nd book, and if the series follows them season 2 should be a belter!

Dexter is being hounded by Doakes but then a murder takes place which forces them to work together again and 1 of them has to be the bait to catch the killer (I won't reveal anymore...)

There's someone running around in a gorilla suit?
What's he look like?

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 73
RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 5:41:20 PM   
Mason Verger

Dexter
Wednesday 27 February
10:35pm - 11:40pm
ITV1 London
Repeated on Friday at 11pm on ITV4
Dexter
1/12

ITV1's latest American import is a bold choice: a darkly comic drama about a forensics expert who tracks serial killers by day, and is a serial killer by night. It's a bracingly original series that slices and dices cop-show cliches with an evil glint in its eye. Sometimes you won't know whether that lurching sensation is laughter or nausea, but cling on and you'll be rewarded. The direction is daring, an addictive story develops and there's a hypnotic lead performance by the devil-eyed Michael C Hall (Six Feet Under). What really sets Dexter apart is how skilfully it messes with our moral convictions. Finding yourself cheering on a bloodthirsty sociopath is a unique thrill, but the show's fetish for flesh is sensuous and understated, when in most murder dramas it's gratuitous gore. Wickedly good.

RT reviewer - Jack SealeVIDEO Plus+: 5796737
Subtitled, Widescreen
Cast

• Michael C Hall,Julie Benz,Jennifer Carpenter,Erik King,James Remar,Lauren Velez
    Directed by: Michael Cuesta

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Mycroft)
  • Post #: 74
    RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 10:41:41 PM   
    G.O.B

Can somebody tell me without revealing any plot points whether season 2 is as good (or maybe better than) as season 1? Was just curious as i see season is on FX soon.

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

(in reply to Mason Verger)
    Post #: 75
    RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 10:56:34 PM   
    DJ Satan

Season 2 was just as good, if not better, than the first season.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
    You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
    You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
    Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to G.O.B)
    Post #: 76
    RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 10:56:37 PM   
    Zaphod121

While still damn fine television, sadly Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, a large part of that is down to that awful English actress from "Hustle".

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to G.O.B)
    Post #: 77
    RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 10:57:40 PM   
    elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

While still damn fine television, sadly Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, a large part of that is down to that awful English actress from "Hustle".

Absolutely ditto. Woman is a plank of wood.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Zaphod121)
    Post #: 78
    RE: DEXTER - 26/2/2008 10:58:39 PM   
    DJ Satan

She may have been bad but Rudy was more irritating in Season 1.

Plus Season 2 has Keith Carradine that more than makes up for her.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
    You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
    You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
    Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
    Post #: 79
    RE: DEXTER - 27/2/2008 11:01:10 AM   
    elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

She may have been bad but Rudy was more irritating in Season 1.

Plus Season 2 has Keith Carradine that more than makes up for her.

I cannot disagree more with the first comment (and the odd thing, rewatching it, is how much Dexter junior actually looks like Rudy too - deliberate?). for one thing, the chap playing him could actually act.

A very fair point for the second though - he was an excellent addition.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to DJ Satan)
    Post #: 80
    RE: DEXTER - 27/2/2008 9:34:00 PM   
    Peppermint

Presumably that's the pilot that's on ITV tonight then?

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to elab49)
    Post #: 81
    RE: DEXTER - 27/2/2008 9:39:12 PM   
    Zaphod121

Yep.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Peppermint)
    Post #: 82
    RE: DEXTER - 27/2/2008 10:02:01 PM   
    Mycroft

Rudy - irritating? He made season 1, S2 isn't half the show without him. Dexter's indulgent self-analysing is stretched way too far with no-one to deal with but himself

Carradine's a great actor but the buttoned up old man falling for Deb plotline, while nice, isn't much more than filler

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 27/2/2008 10:03:55 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
    Post #: 83
    RE: DEXTER - 28/2/2008 2:12:12 PM   
    furrybastard

Agreed. Season 2 was a disappointment, to say the least. It began edging into melodrama and silliness towards the end, with Carradine's character wasted on a poorly written soap opera subplot. As for Dexter and his 'dark passenger' schtick, that was just godawful and probably the biggest mistake the show's writers made; entire episodes being given over to Dexter's self indulgent introspections and existential rants, complemented by the terrible character of Lyla who delivered some of the most ridiculous and laugh out loud dialogue I've heard in a TV show in quite some time. The first two episodes and last two of Season 2 are the only ones watching; you could probably skip the rest and save yourself a few hours! 

(in reply to Mycroft)
    Post #: 84
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: DEXTER: New show, US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI