Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Funny Film Farrell

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Funny Film Farrell Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Funny Film Farrell - 2/1/2009 1:12:18 AM   
ThePenquin85

Will Farell's Finest Hour As TV Anchorman Ron Burgundy! My Favorite Character Has To Be Mentally Retarded Weatherman Brick Tamland! Steve Carell Well Done!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Empire screw it up again .... - 14/2/2009 4:19:53 PM   

What exactly where they smoking when they reviwed this film ? 

(in reply to ThePenquin85)
Post #: 32
RE: Empire screw it up again .... - 15/2/2009 7:40:24 AM   
kargon

As this thread has been brought back from the dead may I take this opportunity to again say, It is shit and so is Will Ferrel

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to 123456789)
Post #: 33
RE: Empire screw it up again .... - 15/2/2009 8:01:30 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kargon

As this thread has been brought back from the dead may I take this opportunity to again say, It is shit and so is Will Ferrel

Nah, far too enjoyable. Brick is a genuine marvel of a creation while Ferrell is himself: I find him particularly funny but some hate him.  A lot of jokes really are down right shoddy but they are so frequent that in another 2 seconds there's another one.

Cons: Champ isn't too funny while Paul Rudd, while likeable as always, could be much better used.

Pros: Brick, Ron, Baxter, Brick, Sex Panther, Pants Party, Brick and of course--> I'm Ron Burgundy?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 34
The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 16/2/2009 12:50:36 PM   
Workshed

Dodgeball better than this??!!!

Sacrilege!

This film is pure comedy genuis. I can't praise it enough and I wont as all my sentiments have been summed up already.

Post #: 35
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 16/2/2009 1:37:01 PM   
kargon

Dodgeball IS better. FACT

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 36
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 16/2/2009 2:43:48 PM   
Workshed

That's so wrong, I nearly vomited.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 37
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 16/2/2009 8:24:07 PM   
Gazdance

Putting FACT in capitals after a statement doesn't make it any less just your opinion.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 38
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 16/2/2009 11:23:35 PM   
Indio

The learned gentleman gave Forrest Gump 9/10 in his 500 'greats' in 500 days thread. I rest my case m'lud.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 39
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 17/2/2009 7:53:53 AM   
kargon

I said FACT cos it's the truth

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 40
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 17/2/2009 10:48:41 AM   
Bickle

quote:

Dodgeball IS better. FACT

Dodgeball is shit. It wishes it could be as funny as Anchorman.

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 41
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 17/2/2009 11:34:38 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

I said FACT cos it's the truth

So much for opinion....

Dodgeball was funny but Anchorman also has Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughan; but most importantly it has Steve Carrell. You can keep your wimpy boy getting hit by wrenches, Brick you just can't compete with.

"Where did you get your clothes...at the toilet store?"

(silence)

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 42
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 17/2/2009 12:10:15 PM   
kargon

funniest moment in that film belongs to Jack Black. And the guy with the cowboy hat is just shite. The News team's face off and fight has it's moments. Sorry forgot about Carrel he was funny as fuck in Evan Almighty.

< Message edited by kargon -- 17/2/2009 12:11:12 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 43
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 19/2/2009 11:02:36 PM   
Taizy

I went on this just to type " I love lamp" but about 9 people have beaten me to it! How great is Paul Rudd though? I saw The 40 Year Old Virgin for the first time a few weeks back and he's so funny in it (and Knocked Up), has anyone seen 'Role Models' yet??

Some people call it stalking but it's just selective walking...

(in reply to kargon)
Post #: 44
RE: The Best Comedy of the New Millennium so far... - 20/2/2009 10:08:44 AM   
Workshed

Everyone was on the top of their game, especially Will Ferrell combined arrogence with stupidity incredibly well, creating a comedy legend which he hasn't bettered.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Taizy)
Post #: 45
RE: Empire really messed up on this review! - 16/4/2009 12:54:05 PM   
jamiemulls

This is one of the all time greatest comedies ever made in my humble opinion - Empire should reissue another eview/essay on this and give it the 5 stars it richly deserves, it's that good.

(in reply to TheHazman)
Post #: 46
RE: Anchorman - 16/4/2009 2:04:16 PM   
robcas20

3 stars??? Are you mad. You gave Role Models 4 stars!!! Cop on and re-review this

(in reply to CIW)
Post #: 47
Review please - 23/11/2009 2:07:36 PM   
Samurai7

Empire needs to review this with a critic who is not 60 years plus! 5 stars all the way...the most quotable movie since Ace Ventura! Jack Blacks cameo is pant wettable stuff!

Post #: 48
Gets better with age. - 13/12/2009 3:46:56 PM   
pitbull2001

Ok let me start off by saying I have never written a review for anything in my life, untill I saw that empire (who I find normally have the most down to earth reviews) gave this film 3 stars. Was the critic high at the time?, was he watching the film in subtitles. Now iv only recently within the past year watched Anchorman and I can honestly say its one of the most abdominal muscle killing films iv ever seen, I think I had 3 little wee wee's watching it. Not only this but it has one of the rarest traits of cinema, yes, it gets better everytime you watch it. So who ever the editor or controller of reviews is, read all these comments, digest and get reviewing it again. This is possibly the funniest, well scripted, acted comedy within the past decade, no......infact it is!

Post #: 49
- 24/12/2009 11:08:49 PM   
Abolyss

Absolutely the most fantastic comedy of the decade!

Post #: 50
Funniest Movie Ever Made - 21/1/2010 7:59:30 PM   
Kieran94

It is a bold statement, but this is easily the funniest movie ever. Every single line wil guarantee to make you laugh out loud. Fact. Great comic performances and an astounding script make this a genre masterpiece. Not as witty as The Princess Bride, nor as ingenious as Evil Dead 2, but in terms of laugh-out-loud moments, you absolutely cannot beat it. Priceless.

Post #: 51
Endlesly quotable - 5/3/2010 2:41:47 PM   
gregmeister11

This is without a doubt the film most quoted by all of my friends, myself included. Seriously needs to be re-evaluated to be given the higher rating it deserves.

Post #: 52
3 stars? - 28/4/2010 12:44:40 PM   
jaysonski

this is without doubt one of the funniest laugh out loud comedies i have ever seen.
Its testament to the movie that i never tire of watching it.
The fact the reviewer has given it a ridiculous 3 stars & rated Dodgeball as a superior film is a complete joke.

Post #: 53
One of the funniest movies ever made! - 10/5/2010 10:37:24 AM   
!xHoTRoDx!

This is so rib-crackingly hilarious that I damn near shit myself, especially when (SPOILER ALERT!) Jack Black's biker drop-kicks Baxter off the bridge. My favourite one of the news team has to be Paul Rudd- "It works 60% of the time. Every time." "That doesn't make sense." I can understand how some people may not find it that funny but for me, this is one of those perfect comedies.

Post #: 54
Ferrel Vs Carell - 2/7/2010 1:37:55 PM   
COLO

There's no question about Anchorman being absolutely hilarious, that's a given. The only question is, which one is funnier? Will Ferrel's arrogant, moustach-bearing lead anchor Ron Burgundy, or Steve Carell's mentally-challenged, bespectacled weatherman, Brick Tamland?

Whichever side you choose to take, there's something to find brilliantly funny. If your a Ferrell man, watch for his emotional breakdown in the phonebooth and his reaction to insults about his hair.

On the other hand, if your more of a Carell person, look out for some hilariously stupid lines (Where'd you get those clothes? The toilet store?!) and a painful effort to invite the new girl on the news team to "the pants party".

Oh, and whichever side you're on, you're guaranteed to laugh your ass of as Burgundy, Tamland and co. face off against every other news team in town (led by Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Ben Stiller and Tim Robbins). A must-see movie for anyone looking for a good laugh.

Post #: 55
- 4/8/2010 4:41:55 PM   
stevolegendbauer

One of the funniest and most quotable films of all time. Only Shaun of the Dead and Airplane better it in terms of laughs. The supporting cast are great, especially Carrel, "I ate a big red candle" and Rudd "60% of the time it works everytime". But this is Ferrels show and he is one of the greatest comic creation of all time. He may be very stupid and walks a very tight line between likeable classy egotysticle buffoon and cocky annoying TV presenter. But only a man like Ron Burgindy could believe diversity is an old wooden ship.

Post #: 56
Confused Much - 22/3/2011 3:51:15 PM   
blaud

Why is this movie so popular. Hordes of crusading Anchorman protectors proclaiming it the funniest movie ever made? Wha? Seriously? I got news for all you jerk offs, it ain't. It doesn't even come close. What is a silly and underwritten comedy stays a silly and underwritten for all of its' running time, and never crosses over into silly comedy. Ferrell is as irritating as ever, and the humour is so American that it makes me sick. All you guys need to watch some real comedies. Actually, no, don't. If you think this is as hilarious as you say, the real thing would kill you.

Post #: 57
"brick where did you get a granade" - 23/5/2011 7:32:03 PM   
Dirk Diggler 619

The funniest adam mckay's funniest film to date and has the best cast for this type of comedy....and if you don't know this film is in empires top 100 out of 500 films of all time so don't worry about it getting three stars. But this is the best randomest movie ever

Post #: 58
Afternoon Delight - 23/6/2011 6:41:22 PM   
Joe McFarlane

This film is brilliant, i loved all of it, specifically the afternoon delight song. this scene had me in stitches,a very funny film that everyone can love.

Post #: 59
great fun - 10/3/2014 1:42:47 PM   
WozisWoz

One of will ferrell best comedies but it does sag in the middle , I do like the piss take on the 70 s news casting and their plenty of laugh out loud performances from Steve carell and tim robbins plus jack black. But its not on par with stepbrothers or the other guys.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Funny Film Farrell Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI