Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinatown - 2/11/2005 9:47:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 13/4/2006 2:47:16 PM   
dazz

wow, this film was exemplary. the direction was gripping and the acting was magnificent. Nicholson in his best role here. The plot was also fantastic. this was the only film i have seen when i didn't want it to end

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 23/10/2007 9:36:56 AM   
bobbyperu

Nicholson best role ever

Post #: 3
Chinatown by J.J Gittes - 24/3/2008 9:11:24 PM   
J.J Gittes

Chinatown is by far the most accomplished Polanski Film to date and is also one of Jack Nicholson's finest roles. Although the film does not take place in Chinatown and the title may deceive a little the title is a fitting one.The beautiful cinematography perfectly captures 30's California and the twisting plot keeps you enthralled all the way through and with excellent support turhs from John Huston and Faye Dunaway, this is the best movie of its sort around.

Post #: 4
A Masterpiece - 14/8/2010 10:00:07 PM   
shady_88

One of the greatest movie ever.

Post #: 5
Still holds the title for best detective and Jack Nicho... - 18/7/2012 4:13:05 AM   
robmarathon

Possibly the best noir ever created. What I love about Nicholson's character is that, he adds a little bit of humor, but it does not affect the films serious portrayal.

Post #: 6
The best detective film of all time. Bar None. - 25/7/2012 1:16:18 PM   
robmarathon

Not also is this the best of all detective flicks and it is also them ost entertaining Jack Nicholson film. It also qualifies as the best noir.

Post #: 7
Polanski's masterpiece - 3/2/2013 11:14:33 PM   
Mr Gittes

One of the greatest noirs ever made, one of the greatest '70s movies and one of the greatest movies, period. It's hard for me not to ramble when talking about Chinatown. It has my favourite Jack Nicholson role, one of the best screenplays ever written for the screen, one of my favourite movie endings, my favourite Faye Dunaway performance (although Network is pretty damn close), it showcases Polanski's genius like no other movie and it has one of my favourite directors, John Huston, giving a pitch-perfect performance as Noah Cross - SPOILER ALERT! - , one of my all-time favourite villains and certainly one of the most despicable characters in movie history.

As is no doubt clear from the above, not to mention the name I've given myself on this site, I am a huge fan of this movie. If you call yourself a fan of motion pictures at their very best and you have yet to see Chinatown then, by god, hunt down a copy and get it watched (I'd recommend the blu ray, it's fantastic).

Post #: 8
I just don't see the fuss - 7/4/2013 6:57:09 PM   
david hayes

Awful ending, truly up there in awfullness

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Chinatown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI