Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS3 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 10:50:36 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

About bloody time as well   Good excuse to play through it again, though I hope they dont have online trophies because not many people still play MGS4 online anymore. 

Going off on a slight tangent here, but was surprised to see people still playing Quantum of Solace online the other day

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 2791
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 11:53:36 AM   
JIm R

After a very happy first weekend as a PS3 owner I conclude that along with my new telly, it's the best purchase I've ever made

Scoring my first goal as Fernando on Fifa 11 on the biggest screen I've ever seen in my front room was a sight beholdent of sheer joy.

Just got to learn all the tricks and moves beyond the basic pass and move on Fifa now.

Plus Arkham Asylum is beyond good, it's life defining

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2792
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 12:11:08 PM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

After a very happy first weekend as a PS3 owner I conclude that along with my new telly, it's the best purchase I've ever made

I was the exact same when i made same purchase

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2793
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 12:16:45 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

quote:

I was the exact same when i made same purchase

Never have to leave the flat again (apart from work)

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 2794
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 4:08:23 PM   
HIM

quote:

Scoring my first goal as Fernando on Fifa 11 on the biggest screen I've ever seen in my front room was a sight beholdent of sheer joy. 

Please tell me you were playing against Chelsea?

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2795
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 4:59:02 PM   
Ell

Is there any word on a UK Uncharted 2 GOTY release date yet? I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for the US a while back, but I've heard nothing since.

In other news, anybody want to tell me what is the point of this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-08-sonys-made-a-new-ps3-headset

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 2796
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 6:08:44 PM   
HIM

It's so you can communicate with other players over the PSN.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 2797
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/11/2010 6:47:36 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

It's so you can communicate with other players over the PSN.

Nothing like the one already available then?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SLEH-00087-Wireless-Headset-PS3/dp/B001EO7DOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289241407&sr=8-1

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 2798
RE: The PS3 Thread - 9/11/2010 8:32:36 AM   
Chief

No silly, the light is BLUE on the new one.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2799
RE: The PS3 Thread - 9/11/2010 9:51:42 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

Please tell me you were playing against Chelsea?

Sadly not, I have edged my way in on the opposition abilty, it was a team from South Africa

Up to Blackpool and Stoke City now, ooh the big boys 

Be about a week before I meet the big four me thinks.....

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 2800
RE: The PS3 Thread - 9/11/2010 4:46:37 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

No silly, the light is BLUE on the new one.

Thank you for the clearing that one up

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2801
RE: The PS3 Thread - 11/11/2010 2:29:26 PM   
Chief

quote:

Strong rumours that MGS4 will finally receive trophy support:

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3-metal-gear-solid-4-set-to-receive-trophy-support.cfm

About bloody time as well   Good excuse to play through it again, though I hope they dont have online trophies because not many people still play MGS4 online anymore. 

Was there any word on a release date for this?

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 2802
RE: The PS3 Thread - 11/11/2010 6:11:13 PM   
juanvasquez

Might encourage me to finally finish it. Not that I dislike it. Something better came along and I never went back.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2803
RE: The PS3 Thread - 11/11/2010 8:44:51 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Strong rumours that MGS4 will finally receive trophy support:

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3-metal-gear-solid-4-set-to-receive-trophy-support.cfm

Was there any word on a release date for this?

Hey, I just provide the links

Looking at that though it's dated 4/11/10 and it does say ''Greatest Hits packing''.  Maybe it's the American calender and just confused with Platinum line.  Perhaps false hope, but I will definitely keep an eye on this just in case....

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2804
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/11/2010 8:23:34 AM   
Chief

I never played it when it originally came out, looking forward to the re-release.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2805
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/11/2010 8:52:15 AM   
Chief

Anyone had any problems with iPlayer?

Tried to watch The Apprentice last night and instead of the usual full screen web page, iPlayer came up small in the middle of the screen and none of the links would work. I could find the programme but there was no play button.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2806
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/11/2010 12:02:42 PM   
Rob

I had that problem last week trying to watch the England vs All Blacks highlights. I couldn't get any of the links to work and there was no play button either.

However, I found the problem was because instead of going direct to the program I wanted to watch I arrived there through a few other links. When I went straight to the program it seemed to work. Not sure if that would solve your issues though.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2807
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/11/2010 12:14:36 PM   
Chief

Just iPlayer in general coming up as a small screen in the middle of the TV. I'll try again tonight
Not something I use often and, to be honest, it's only The Apprentice - I'll live!

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2808
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/11/2010 9:32:47 PM   
ChickMagnet

Right my beautiful black box of wires known as the PS3 seems to have been throwing a hissy fit recently, basically when I turn it on I get a background but no XMB, so go to turn it off via the controller, where the screen goes off but the ps3 remains turned on with the green light flashing furiously and the blue one staying turned on.

The only way to sort it is to reset the whole console by holding my finger over the power button, its been doing this intermittently for a few weeks now, am I looking at purchasing a new one soon or is it just a little quirk I'll need to get used to?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2809
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/11/2010 1:22:03 PM   
Stuntgoat

I had same problem with the iplayer yesterday, wanted to watch Russell Howard and the same, no play button at all!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 2810
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/11/2010 1:30:41 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Right my beautiful black box of wires known as the PS3 seems to have been throwing a hissy fit recently, basically when I turn it on I get a background but no XMB, so go to turn it off via the controller, where the screen goes off but the ps3 remains turned on with the green light flashing furiously and the blue one staying turned on.

The only way to sort it is to reset the whole console by holding my finger over the power button, its been doing this intermittently for a few weeks now, am I looking at purchasing a new one soon or is it just a little quirk I'll need to get used to?

Can't help with your query, but seeing the link in your sig, I think we have the pleasure of working for the same company (I recognise the name from our internal forums - do you currently have an M Bison av on there?)

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 2811
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/11/2010 2:49:57 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Can't help with your query, but seeing the link in your sig, I think we have the pleasure of working for the same company (I recognise the name from our internal forums - do you currently have an M Bison av on there?)

I think we do! As yes, yes I do and when I'm not trolling the Sachin Tendulkar threads talking about Gary Neville's tache, I'm usually in the footy and gaming forums!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 2812
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/11/2010 5:23:38 PM   
emogeek

Ah, the now legendary Sachin Tendulkar threads

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 2813
RE: The PS3 Thread - 15/11/2010 8:47:11 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

I had same problem with the iplayer yesterday, wanted to watch Russell Howard and the same, no play button at all!

Managed to sort it. Clear the cache and cookies and that should do it.

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 2814
RE: The PS3 Thread - 15/11/2010 11:42:56 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

Plus my screen keeps jumping periodically, but I think that's more to do with the console than anything, as I've changed the HDMI cable 3 times to combat it and it hasn't worked.

Odd. I mentioned the above problem a little while ago, but while playing my PS3 on a different TV through the HDMI this past week, I've had none of the screen jumping issues. I'm assuming that there is a problem between the TV it's usually on and the PS3, so can anybody suggest any ways of fiddling with the settings to stop this happening? Nothing else I use via HDMI on the t'big tele has this problem.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 2815
RE: The PS3 Thread - 22/11/2010 7:35:02 PM   
chod burger

Has anyone tried fixing a YLOD ps3 themselves at all? A while back I was pointed in the direction of a London based company who fix them for about £70, but I decided to try and get it done for free first! So first my brother gave it to someone who can fix them, and this got it working again for maybe a week, and I got yellowed again... So now I'm having a crack myself. I've had a go at taking the whole thing apart thanks to youtube videos (had to get a disk out of the blu ray drive annoyingly - its a bit worrying going in there!), but I need to get a heat gun to actually attempt the fix. Sooooo im wondering if anyone has tried the fix themselves and how long it may have lasted?

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 2816
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/11/2010 9:39:43 AM   
Chief

Right, time for a new game and I would appreciate opinions. I'm sick of shooting people, the last three games I've played the most have been MW2, Reach & Black Ops. I was going to get GT5 but I think I might hang off at the moment.

Probably going to go with one of the following:

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
Dead Rising 2
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Fallout: New Vegas

Any thoughts or other recommendations welcome. Cheers

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 2817
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/11/2010 11:41:31 AM   
Sleazy

have seen Spidey Shattered Dimensions going for £17-99 at Play/Zavvi/whatever. Looks worth a punt.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2818
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/11/2010 11:44:13 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

Call of Duty: Black Ops has been number one in the UK game chart for two weeks running since launch, and it racked up $650 million in its first five days on sale, $100 million more than Modern Warfare 2 managed. But the undeniably hot pace of initial sales has given way to a slowing down (Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood nearly caught up in the chart this week), and indeed a certain amount of complaining from the PS3 camp. In fact, some Sony console owners have started an iPetition, claiming that the PS3 version of Black Ops is inferior in several ways to the Xbox 360. And as such, they want a refund. The petition states that the PS3 game has inferior graphics, more bugs, and it’s also missing features such as online split-screen which the X360 has. It has currently been signed by 620 people. Those who have signed the petition seem to be mainly complaining about the frame rate and lack of resolution the graphics have in comparison to the Xbox, along with problems encountered in online play. Chris Smith, one of those who signed the petition, commented: “I bought the game for the PS3 first and after playing it and seeing how bad it performed went and bought an Xbox360 copy. The Xbox copy is superior in every aspect.” “Very disappointed that I had to buy 2 versions of the game. Also, the game has been out for over a week and I still cannot group with friends due to the ‘Error: This game session is no longer valid’ message.”

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2819
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/11/2010 11:54:18 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

Call of Duty: Black Ops has been number one in the UK game chart for two weeks running since launch, and it racked up $650 million in its first five days on sale, $100 million more than Modern Warfare 2 managed. But the undeniably hot pace of initial sales has given way to a slowing down (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood nearly caught up in the chart this week), and indeed a certain amount of complaining from the PS3 camp. In fact, some Sony console owners have started an iPetition, claiming that the PS3 version of Black Ops is inferior in several ways to the Xbox 360. And as such, they want a refund. The petition states that the PS3 game has inferior graphics, more bugs, and it's also missing features such as online split-screen which the X360 has. It has currently been signed by 620 people. Those who have signed the petition seem to be mainly complaining about the frame rate and lack of resolution the graphics have in comparison to the Xbox, along with problems encountered in online play. Chris Smith, one of those who signed the petition, commented: "I bought the game for the PS3 first and after playing it and seeing how bad it performed went and bought an Xbox360 copy. The Xbox copy is superior in every aspect.” "Very disappointed that I had to buy 2 versions of the game. Also, the game has been out for over a week and I still cannot group with friends due to the 'Error: This game session is no longer valid' message.”

Nice attempt at trolling. Must try harder.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 2820
Page:   <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI