Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS3 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 2:45:14 PM   
krudler

now that DMC 4 is coming to 360,metal gear and another sequel to god of war will be the only things to entice me,couldnt give a monkeys about gran turismo id take burnout any day of the week,driving realistic cars at slow speeds around realistic roads,i have a real car i can do that in

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 121
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 2:46:44 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

now that DMC 4 is coming to 360,metal gear and another sequel to god of war will be the only things to entice me,couldnt give a monkeys about gran turismo id take burnout any day of the week,driving realistic cars at slow speeds around realistic roads,i have a real car i can do that in

MGS4 will be on the 360, I'd expect Konami to announce it within the next month or so.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 122
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 2:48:16 PM   
Caesar

i swapped formula one for genji

I said I don't kiss losers and I don't kiss winners
And I don't fight for honor cause we all are born sinners - regina spektor

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 123
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 3:00:12 PM   
Yeti

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Caesar)
Post #: 124
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 3:02:52 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

I have a breadbin that looks like that.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 125
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 3:11:15 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

You have a bread bin that looks like an old guy with a cigar in his mouth? Doesn't sound very practical.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 126
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 3:12:55 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

You have a bread bin that looks like an old guy with a cigar in his mouth? Doesn't sound very practical.

It isn't but it looks shithot.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 127
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 5:05:54 PM   
James2183

Went into town today to see TMNT and every store which was selling PS3's had some in. One V Shop had at least 5 in and nobody was even bothering to look at it. Obviously this can't be the same across the country but it was rather strange seeing a new console get ignored.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 128
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 5:29:07 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Went into town today to see TMNT and every store which was selling PS3's had some in. One V Shop had at least 5 in and nobody was even bothering to look at it. Obviously this can't be the same across the country but it was rather strange seeing a new console get ignored.

I'm pretty certain it's exactly the same if not worse all around the country, I know every shop in my local town centre has plenty in stock.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 129
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 5:31:42 PM   
lord of the pies

The store I work in has about 40 consoles spare after all pre-orders that is a huge amount and thats not including the people who are cancelling pre-orders throughout the day.

It just isn't selling.

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

Post #: 130
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 6:01:57 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: lord of the pies

The store I work in has about 40 consoles spare after all pre-orders that is a huge amount and thats not including the people who are cancelling pre-orders throughout the day.

It just isn't selling.

It's because of the cost, innit. i don't think its because of its ability.

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 131
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 6:09:23 PM   
Jules

I can't imagine the uninspiring launch games line up has helped much either.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 132
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 6:10:57 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

quote:

It just isn't selling.

It'll be down to cost and the fact that March is probably the dumbest month of the year to release a console. I mean, only spoilt pricks will have one bought for them at this time of year whereas if it had been released around November/December they would have sold out in hours with all the parents rushing out to buy one for little Timmy for Xmas.

Plus a lot of people will have already bought a 360 as their next gen console of choice and  at the moment the PS3 offers nothing that the 360 doesn't have.

It will eventually sell bucketloads though but probably not until it's been severely reduced in price and it has a few decent exclusives (Games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus etc).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 133
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 6:47:58 PM   
Gizmo 76

Hello all 

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 134
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 7:27:11 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

It just isn't selling.

It'll be down to cost and the fact that March is probably the dumbest month of the year to release a console. I mean, only spoilt pricks will have one bought for them at this time of year whereas if it had been released around November/December they would have sold out in hours with all the parents rushing out to buy one for little Timmy for Xmas.

Plus a lot of people will have already bought a 360 as their next gen console of choice and  at the moment the PS3 offers nothing that the 360 doesn't have.

It will eventually sell bucketloads though but probably not until it's been severely reduced in price and it has a few decent exclusives (Games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus etc).

Im sure the GBAsp and DS came out well before summer and they had massive sales. I really think the price has killed it, every shop I went in had them for sale which is something I never heard for the 360 or Wii.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 135
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 7:32:16 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

quote:

quote:

It just isn't selling.

Im sure the GBAsp and DS came out well before summer and they had massive sales. I really think the price has killed it, every shop I went in had them for sale which is something I never heard for the 360 or Wii.

And the Gamecube and that sold out on launch day, even if sales dropped later in it's life.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 136
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 11:16:46 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

quote:

quote:

It just isn't selling.

And the Gamecube and that sold out on launch day, even if sales dropped later in it's life.

Well I live in London and I have come back from central London

Piccadily Virgin Megastore 75 in  only 25 sold

Piccadily HMV 100 in around 50 sold not including the pre orders.

I am listning to some Sony spin doctor on BBC Five live now who is stating that it does not matter that they have not sold out and that it's great

The machine is a flop, there is no disguising it.

Post #: 137
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/3/2007 11:22:59 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

You can't get Wii's any where

Post #: 138
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 2:07:19 AM   
adambatman82

i woke up this morning to find my brother had bought one. he wanted to buy a dvd player, but decided rather than simply buying a dvd player that hed splash out on a ps3 instead. i aint much of a gamer, in fact i dont own any consoles anymore, but as resistance was only 15 more than a blu-ray dvd in hmv i decided to get it. anyway im hooked, even had my first experience of online gaming tonight, which was amazing fun. and super easy to set up.

oh and in reference to the general opinion on this board, sales dont equal quality, and to call something a flop after 24 hours on sale is the sorta comment that makes other aspects your semi-constructive argument look ill informed. if your gonna be fanboyish and bullying then stick to your own boards.

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 139
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 2:29:42 AM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

and to call something a flop after 24 hours on sale is the sorta comment that makes other aspects your semi-constructive argument look ill informed.

Agreed, early days yet. Is the launch a flop? Perhaps, but the console? No siree.

Give it a year, once the games start flowing and the price comes down I have a funny feeling we'll be seeing a very different picture.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 140
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 8:26:36 AM   
Jules

quote:

oh and in reference to the general opinion on this board, sales dont equal quality, and to call something a flop after 24 hours on sale is the sorta comment that makes other aspects your semi-constructive argument look ill informed. if your gonna be fanboyish and bullying then stick to your own boards.

What general opinion? Generally people aren't saying the machine itself isn't a quality product - mainly commenting on the poor sales on launch day and discussing reasons for that - a topic certainly worthy of discussion in a videogame forum when compared with most recent console launches and Sonys previous track record.

Admittedly Dragar's comment that the machine was a flop was extremely short sighted but I can only assume he is referring to the launch - otherwise it is not an opinion shared by many as it seems like a nice bit of kit with some good things going for it in a number of ways.

There has been a lot of negativity on here surrounding the console leading up to this but that isn't suprising when you consider the price and the relatively few exclusive titles currently available. Most people seem to be of the opinion that they might get one when the price drops and more games become available.

As for people being 'bullying' - if you genuinely believe people are behaving that way then I think you are being seriously over sensitive.

< Message edited by Jules -- 24/3/2007 11:53:21 AM >

Never underestimate the power of denial

Post #: 141
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 8:44:52 AM   
borstal

quote:

I think general concensus from seasoned empire/joypad posters is that Sony have definately cocked up. Most of us are experienced gamers who have bought a variety of machines over the years. I for one bought a GC, DS, 360 and Wii  (all sold out on day 1) all on launch day because I love videogames. I did consider a PSP but decided against it, I did not even consider a PS3. Maybe in a year or so after a price drop and some games that arent available on 360.

Calling people fanboys for there opinion is a lazy cop out comment. Sony are reaping the rewards of there decisions and on current console launch form theirs is pretty poor.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 142
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 8:53:02 AM   
Caesar

after a night of prolonged gaming my ps3 is now making a horrid whining noise

I said I don't kiss losers and I don't kiss winners
And I don't fight for honor cause we all are born sinners - regina spektor

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 143
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 10:54:49 AM   
EVILSPEAK

The PS3 is horribly over-priced even though you get a lot for your money but give it a few months and i'm sure Sony will shave about 100 off the price of it to boost sales. Microsoft did the same for the XBox which was 400 when it came out years ago and due to slow sales knocked 100 of it and turned things around. 50 a game is taking the piss though!

(in reply to Caesar)
Post #: 144
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 11:08:02 AM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caesar

after a night of prolonged gaming my ps3 is now making a horrid whining noise

Take it back to the store then. I'm sure they have enough in to replace it

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Caesar)
Post #: 145
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 11:08:57 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: EVILSPEAK

The PS3 is horribly over-priced even though you get a lot for your money but give it a few months and i'm sure Sony will shave about 100 off the price of it to boost sales. Microsoft did the same for the XBox which was 400 when it came out years ago and due to slow sales knocked 100 of it and turned things around. 50 a game is taking the piss though!

It was 299.99 at launch, and went down to 199.99 a year later.

The PS3 however will drop it's price sooner, I believe a $100 price cut in the US is imminent so we should expect about 75-100 being taken off the price by summer, if not Christmas.

(in reply to EVILSPEAK)
Post #: 146
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 11:15:21 AM   
EVILSPEAK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: EVILSPEAK

It was 299.99 at launch, and went down to 199.99 a year later.

The PS3 however will drop it's price sooner, I believe a $100 price cut in the US is imminent so we should expect about 75-100 being taken off the price by summer, if not Christmas.

Yeah my bad getting the price wrong, to lazy to Google and check. My fault for relying on my memory!

Post #: 147
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 11:23:10 AM   
TobiasFunke

It's too early to label the machine a flop, but then again, it has been on release since November in key markets like Japan and the USA, and its only managed approx. 1.65million sales. On the other hand, Wii came out in December, and has sold approx. 4.69million. The price, lack of original ideas and good launch games has had a telling effect on sales.

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!

(in reply to EVILSPEAK)
Post #: 148
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 2:34:43 PM   
lord of the pies

and I think its safe to say the Wii might have even sold twice that amount if it wasn't for stock shortages.

The PS3 could get a boost at the end of the month with pay day but I agree with the posters who are saying that people are waiting for a price drop. I know I am. 

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to TobiasFunke)
Post #: 149
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/3/2007 4:01:13 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Jesus, man! Get over it. People are making comments about an inanimate object, not your mother!

You said it yourself that you are not a gamer so I will listen to the opinions of people who are gamers and therefore know a little about the subject we are talking about.

PS3's launch is a massive failure. It will go on to sell shedloads but the (valid) point people are making is that the most eagerly awaited console-launch ever has arrived with barely a raised eyebrow. It is the first console I can remember since the advent of the PS1 that has been met with such indifference and not sold out on launch day.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI