Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS3 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS3 Thread - 23/2/2012 8:39:12 AM   
Chief

She's got quite a scary face.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 3511
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/2/2012 11:57:41 AM   
Stuntgoat

Lucy Porter is on access?!!!! Now I have a reason to watch it, she is gorgeous!! Bit of a fan if you hadn't guessed!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 3512
RE: The PS3 Thread - 25/2/2012 5:32:55 PM   
Base

Hmmm, so PS3 controllers don't like being bounced off the living room floor and into the kitchen! Seems to still work despite something now rattling around inside it...

Stoopid game

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 3513
RE: The PS3 Thread - 28/2/2012 10:54:47 AM   
GameOverManGameOver

Lucy Porter is very cute. Saw her live a few years back and she gained a spot in my heart......

However, I'm over 6 foot so, sorry Lucy, I don't think it'll work out!

"It's game over man, game over!!"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Clay Davis, The Wire. Greatest utterance of shit ever!

PSN ID :- gameovermangameo

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 3514
RE: The PS3 Thread - 28/2/2012 9:24:21 PM   
Stuntgoat

Apparently her husbands over 6ft! Funniest thing was seeing her next to Greg Davies on Mock The Week!

(in reply to GameOverManGameOver)
Post #: 3515
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/2/2012 10:29:07 AM   
Jodan_King

I know this has been posted before but I can't find it....I have had the YLOD with my 40gb console recently -can anyone recommend a reliable cheap repair co at all?

cheers

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 3516
RE: The PS3 Thread - 2/3/2012 11:49:04 PM   
Proudfoot

I'm not tech savvy, so I hope some of you can help me.

I can dowload demos and play them no problem and at one point I could do the same with games, but now it only works for demos. It's been like that for a long time, and yeah, I've checked the PS3 help stuff, many times, I've googled like crazy...

I've paid money for Limbo, I can see if I check my history and I've tried to download and install it again, but it doesn't help. I've already done that I'm told. There is no way for me to find or play it, or play anything else for that matter. Everything I've bought is gone. It wasn't that much, just a few games, and money isn't everything... but it's still a bummer.

I guess it's just one of those things, but it's still annoying, mainly because I'd actually like to buy some games. From the company that apparently doesn't want me to buy stuff. You know, like Limbo.

I'll obviously stay a disc guy as long as possible, but it would still be interesting to know what it is I'm doing wrong or what gizmo I didn't buy, or whatever it may be.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 3517
RE: The PS3 Thread - 3/3/2012 4:42:38 PM   
kata

Anyone tried the Starhawk beta? Had a quick go and got quite severely slaughtered.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 3518
RE: The PS3 Thread - 4/3/2012 11:39:43 AM   
juanvasquez

I see Resi Evil 2 and 3 are FOC with PS+ at the minute.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 3519
RE: The PS3 Thread - 7/3/2012 10:45:14 PM   
indysgill

I got them last week, now have the complete set!

Hopefully Journey is out tonight, about to go have a look.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 3520
RE: The PS3 Thread - 8/3/2012 12:01:59 AM   
juanvasquez

I saw Journey was up. Almost makes me sad that I'm not on PS+. Then I remember I'm skint and can't get it anyway!

Still, we'll always have Gamefest!

I'll be getting it when I can as I loved the demo. Such a beautiful game, one I can see eating the hours away.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3521
RE: The PS3 Thread - 9/3/2012 12:05:00 AM   
the anomaly

Hi all,

Quick question regarding Blue ray play back. Was watching Conan on my Blueray player when 1hour into the film I had issues with the sound. None had occurred before this.Tried it on my PS3 and continued and it was fine. Checked back where I had sound issues before and it worked fine!

Question is would I really have sound issues due to a lack of the latest firmware/software update ONE HOUR into a film? Wouldn't I have experienced it right away? Long story short I want to know if I should complain to Lovefilm about the disc or not. Thought it was scratched or something but possibly not.

Cheers

Anomaly

P.S : Turned on my PS3 ... said it shut down incorrectly and may take 2-3 hours to sort ... WTF? Why does it think it's a PC?!?

Post #: 3522
RE: The PS3 Thread - 9/3/2012 11:15:49 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I saw Journey was up. Almost makes me sad that I'm not on PS+. Then I remember I'm skint and can't get it anyway!

Still, we'll always have Gamefest!

I'll be getting it when I can as I loved the demo. Such a beautiful game, one I can see eating the hours away.

It is loverly, sliding down the dunes is great fun.

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Hi all,

Quick question regarding Blue ray play back. Was watching Conan on my Blueray player when 1hour into the film I had issues with the sound. None had occurred before this.Tried it on my PS3 and continued and it was fine. Checked back where I had sound issues before and it worked fine!

Question is would I really have sound issues due to a lack of the latest firmware/software update ONE HOUR into a film? Wouldn't I have experienced it right away? Long story short I want to know if I should complain to Lovefilm about the disc or not. Thought it was scratched or something but possibly not.

Cheers

Anomaly

P.S : Turned on my PS3 ... said it shut down incorrectly and may take 2-3 hours to sort ... WTF? Why does it think it's a PC?!?

Can you update the bluray player, I always thought the PS3 was the only one you could update.

Why would the PS3 take 2-3 hours to sort? I have shut down incorrectly before and never had a message like that.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 3523
RE: The PS3 Thread - 10/3/2012 2:39:20 PM   
emogeek

I've had that incorrect shut down message a couple of times - always says it could take a few hours but usually more like about 10/15 minutes.

Bloody annoying though.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3524
RE: The PS3 Thread - 10/3/2012 4:08:21 PM   
SWOTBM

Yeah I think it must be a new feature from a recent update.  My PS3 crashed last night and I had the same error message, only took a couple of minutes to reboot though. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 3525
RE: The PS3 Thread - 4/4/2012 9:07:24 AM   
GameOverManGameOver

Couple of quick questions PS3ers......

1. Is it possible to change the picture that is associated with your PSN account? I'm a bit bored of mine, but can't see how to change it. I can only seem to change the colour and comment.

2. Is there some way of saving install data to a USB or a quick way to reinstall it? Basically the GT5 install is huge, eating up a chunk of my HD space, so I'd like to remove it. However, I do drop in to it occassionally for a race, so would like to copy it back rather than take the 3-4 hours to re-install. Any thoughts?

Cheers all.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Clay Davis, The Wire. Greatest utterance of shit ever!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3526
RE: The PS3 Thread - 4/4/2012 9:21:30 PM   
Stuntgoat

think you can change the picture if you go into account management, and click on avatar.

Post #: 3527
RE: The PS3 Thread - 5/4/2012 2:59:43 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: GameOverManGameOver

1. Is it possible to change the picture that is associated with your PSN account? I'm a bit bored of mine, but can't see how to change it. I can only seem to change the colour and comment.

2. Is there some way of saving install data to a USB or a quick way to reinstall it? Basically the GT5 install is huge, eating up a chunk of my HD space, so I'd like to remove it. However, I do drop in to it occassionally for a race, so would like to copy it back rather than take the 3-4 hours to re-install. Any thoughts?

Cheers all.

To answer:

1.) What Stuntgoat said, its in account management, from there its very easy to change.

2.) As far as im aware, no. Install is saved to the hard-drive and no way of copying it to a stick (belive me, i've tried!) sorry buddy.

Post #: 3528
RE: The PS3 Thread - 10/4/2012 1:39:20 PM   
GameOverManGameOver

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

Cheers all.

To answer:

1.) What Stuntgoat said, its in account management, from there its very easy to change.

2.) As far as im aware, no. Install is saved to the hard-drive and no way of copying it to a stick (belive me, i've tried!) sorry buddy.

1) Cheers Stuntgoat & Jinks, changed yesterday. Pretty uninspiring choices all in all.

2) ..................Arse.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 3529
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/4/2012 10:30:48 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

Cheers all.

To answer:

1) Cheers Stuntgoat & Jinks, changed yesterday. Pretty uninspiring choices all in all.

2) ..................Arse.

Is that the background pic when you are signed in? My cousin has a photo that he took, no idea how he got that on there, I can ask

Mine is always the Skyrim dude

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 3530
RE: The PS3 Thread - 4/5/2012 10:35:06 PM   
indysgill

Anyone with PS+ they gave away hell of a lot of stuff this week. Must be like 7/8 games. Max Payne on PS2 as a freebie is always good.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3531
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/5/2012 4:17:31 PM   
Ell

What are we all playing these days?

As well as the usual bouts with FIFA 12 and most beat 'em ups, I've gone back to finish off Gran Turismo 5, Resident Evil 5, and Vanquish.

I noticed Fat Princess is in the sale at 3.99 - worth a punt?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3532
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/5/2012 4:55:56 PM   
Chief Wiggum

I'm replaying Skyrim, interspersed with long sweary sessions sucking balls at BF3 multiplayer - did get Fallout NV the other day to replay with the DLC, but there just seems like there's been a lack of quality releases recently

I suppose its not surprising as it's getting towards summer (when we should really emerge from the dark shadows of inside, to run hop and skip in the sunshine) and then there's the drought until autumn, when everybody competes for the Christmas money

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3533
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/5/2012 5:35:50 PM   
kata

Working my way through Uncharted 3.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 3534
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/5/2012 5:58:09 PM   
juanvasquez

I keep meaning to get back into Rayman 3 HD as I was supposed to review it about 2 months ago!

Same with Metal Gear Solid HD collection and Medal of Honor, but recent employment issues (meaning real life stuff got in the way) and Live Arcade's recent output has meant the PS3 sits neglected yet again.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 3535
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/5/2012 9:12:02 PM   
benmharper

I'm playing MLB 12 - The Show, alongside FIFA 12, Arkham City side missions and the odd bash on MW3. I was getting into battlefield 3 until the servers changed and I couldn't find a game with less than 2000 tickets

Got metal gear solid collection, prince of Persia and Assassins creed revelations sat untouched

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 3536
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/5/2012 10:02:54 PM   
darthbane

Right now i'm on Arkham City. Plus i've got Driver - San Francisco and Deus Ex
My girlfriend and I are also going through God of War Collection

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 3537
RE: The PS3 Thread - 13/5/2012 10:18:45 PM   
SWOTBM

My gaming time has been restricted lately, but I'm mopping up trophies in various games; Catherine, Dark Souls, Skyrim etc. I really want to get the MGS collection and the New Vegas+DLC edition. Probably wait until my exams are finished for that though

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 3538
RE: The PS3 Thread - 15/5/2012 10:37:11 AM   
GameOverManGameOver

Me, I'm a bit behind the times since GOMGO Jnr and GOMGO The Third arrived, but plugging my way through Dead Space 2 at the mo.....finding it much harder than DS.

Then on to Bulletstorm and Binary Domain (both borrowed from a mate) and then the 6 other games I've got still in their wrapping! Strangely was looking at my games last night and found I still had Medal of Honour Airbourne in its wrapper....thats got to be about 4 years old isn't it!?

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3539
RE: The PS3 Thread - 15/5/2012 10:49:18 PM   
indysgill

I am currently on Lego Star Wars 3, love film also sent me Sonic Generation, so will give that a go.
Then its back to games I own

Prototype 2
Rayman Origins
Skyrim
Arkham City

I also found a game called Folklore, which I bought years ago, but never got round to playing might give that a go too.

Post #: 3540
Page:   <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI