Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS3 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/12/2011 2:39:51 PM   
the anomaly

Why is it every time I try to use 4OD on the PS3 it just never plays. Every time the option appears to select accept and play it just exits out of my choice.

Annoying as I bought it for this stuff and the Blueray. Now the Xbox has 4OD, Lovefilm and it's seamless compared to the PS3.

(in reply to GameOverManGameOver)
Post #: 3481
RE: The PS3 Thread - 24/12/2011 5:14:57 PM   
indysgill

Not tried 4OD yet, but I remember iplayer being a bitch to navigate and use, maybe it will get updated soon.

Also I was right about Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix being on the Playstation Plus 12 days of Christmas list, it turned up last night.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 3482
RE: The PS3 Thread - 26/12/2011 2:59:29 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Not tried 4OD yet, but I remember iplayer being a bitch to navigate and use, maybe it will get updated soon.

Also I was right about Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix being on the Playstation Plus 12 days of Christmas list, it turned up last night.

It just never plays! Lovefilms been alright though.

That's a top version of SF. The ultimate "Super series" version of the game.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3483
RE: The PS3 Thread - 27/12/2011 9:03:39 AM   
Hobbitonlass

I've noticed that in the last week or so when I switch on the PS3 I am signed in then about 10 mins later it signs out saying an error has occured, does this every single time. I can switch the PS3 off and on again and am signed in but then signs out again

It's not a problem as Skyrim is not multi player and don't tend to go for the online games but I guess it would affect other stuff (if I was watching a Lovefilm for example - haven't tried that yet).

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 3484
RE: The PS3 Thread - 27/12/2011 2:37:11 PM   
the anomaly

Is it true that the download amount on PSN has been changed? You could download five copies of a game you've bought before?

Apparently it's three now? Bit rubbish if customers aren't informed of a change like this.

Speaking of which are there any good deals on there?

Never got any PSN games and I've got loads of XBLA ones.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3485
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/12/2011 6:52:26 AM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I've noticed that in the last week or so when I switch on the PS3 I am signed in then about 10 mins later it signs out saying an error has occured, does this every single time. I can switch the PS3 off and on again and am signed in but then signs out again

It's not a problem as Skyrim is not multi player and don't tend to go for the online games but I guess it would affect other stuff (if I was watching a Lovefilm for example - haven't tried that yet).

I had that happen a few times this year. What I did was check the Internet connections to the PS3, maybe restart the router. Also rang the guy from Virgin media about this and the said get into the router login screen on your pc/laptop and give the router it's own dedicated channel, as other wireless routers close by can interfere with the signal to the PS3.

That seems to have fixed things for me.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

Post #: 3486
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/12/2011 8:52:07 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I had that happen a few times this year. What I did was check the Internet connections to the PS3, maybe restart the router. Also rang the guy from Virgin media about this and the said get into the router login screen on your pc/laptop and give the router it's own dedicated channel, as other wireless routers close by can interfere with the signal to the PS3.

That seems to have fixed things for me.

Cheers Indy, I'll give that a go!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3487
RE: The PS3 Thread - 3/1/2012 8:18:29 PM   
Stuntgoat

Might interest some of you, but noticed today on the PSN store that the Infamous: Festival Of Blood is only 3.99. Was waiting for a price drop just wasn't expecting it to be this cheap. Bought it, now just gotta wait for it to download!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

Post #: 3488
RE: The PS3 Thread - 10/1/2012 11:25:07 AM   
gunstar

Anyone had a go with Netflix yet. Any good? The icon still hasn't appeared for me yet.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 3489
RE: The PS3 Thread - 10/1/2012 11:28:50 AM   
Timon

quote:

I hope it does, because as it is, it's shit.

The video stops after any breaks, only certain episodes of shows are on there (unlike the website) and it's navigation is horrible.

On the other hand, the iPlayer is lovely.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3490
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/1/2012 9:36:46 PM   
indysgill

Burout Crash is going for under 4 on the store, that is a pound cheaper than during the xmas sale!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3491
RE: The PS3 Thread - 16/1/2012 12:48:25 PM   
primebhoy

Well I got the red flashing light this weekend.... Happily playing MW:3 and it just switched off.

Tres annoyed as i keep it well ventilated and relatively dust free! Not gonna use sony this time tho, theres a local company who can fix it, but still this is the 2nd time its happened with mine.... wish there was a better gaurantee system with sony

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3492
RE: The PS3 Thread - 30/1/2012 3:36:52 PM   
Jonnie_K

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Well I got the red flashing light this weekend.... Happily playing MW:3 and it just switched off.

Tres annoyed as i keep it well ventilated and relatively dust free! Not gonna use sony this time tho, theres a local company who can fix it, but still this is the 2nd time its happened with mine.... wish there was a better gaurantee system with sony

this happened to me January 1st. managed to get it up and running (albeit only a temporary fix they say) by going on youtube and...get ready for this....using a hair drying for 15min on the hottest setting and then for 20 mins on the coldest setting by using it on the back vent (YOU MUST TAKE OUT YOUR HARD DRIVE FIRST!!!)
this only works if certain conditions apply to your ps3 flashing problem (mine flashed yellow and then shut down) but its good for recovering certain game saves and maybe a game/dvd stuck in the player.

i couldnt believe it when it worked and thankfully ive got another ps3 to play with but it worked the past few times ive switched it on but i dare not have it on too long.

PS3 CyberRipper_X *** Xbox360 JBlackdog

"if you see something move, shoot it, If it screams in german, shoot it again!" Brothers in Arms

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 3493
RE: The PS3 Thread - 1/2/2012 11:56:30 PM   
SWOTBM

Not strictly PS3 news, but I think it will have significant implications down the line:

http://kotaku.com/5881165/playstation-man-kaz-hirai-will-officially-be-sonys-next-boss

I just hope that with Kaz becoming as the overall boss he doesn't forget about the PS brand.  Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Jonnie_K)
Post #: 3494
RE: The PS3 Thread - 5/2/2012 7:50:21 PM   
jinks

PS3 number 5!

Yup, on my 5th machine following a disc jamming earlier in the week and the replacement machine being broke from the start with 80010017 errors (look it up kids!) so now im on a brand new 160gb model with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3495
RE: The PS3 Thread - 12/2/2012 11:39:26 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

Anyone had a go with Netflix yet. Any good? The icon still hasn't appeared for me yet.

I had to factory reset mine to get the netflix icon up, its alright but at 6 quid you gete what you've paid for

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 3496
RE: The PS3 Thread - 15/2/2012 11:30:43 AM   
indysgill

I have given it a go, there is some good stuff there if you are prepared to go looking, I found the Ghost in the Shell movies which I liked.

Just does not seem to update that often. Will give it a go in the future once it's got a decent amount of content in it.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 3497
RE: The PS3 Thread - 17/2/2012 12:44:01 PM   
JIm R

Anyone played The Darkness II and what is like if yes ?

Thanks

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3498
RE: The PS3 Thread - 18/2/2012 8:07:38 AM   
Ell

It's been a while since I've graced these here forums. Now on PS3 #5 (my 2nd slim), and now feeling like a teenager towards not pre-ordering a Vita

I can still be found playing FIFA 12, GT5, Fat Princess, and practically every Beat 'em Up game going, so feel free to add 'ejayem' if ya like!

The new console means new saves, which has given me an excuse to re-visit Dead Space and Wipeout HD. In between those, I'm hoping to get hold of GTAIV before V is released - ashamed to say I never completed it

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Thanks

The general consensus is that it's pretty impressive.

Metacritic score is currently 79: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-darkness-ii

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 3499
RE: The PS3 Thread - 18/2/2012 4:14:43 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Thanks

Jim, it's fucking awesome. However, the main story will only take you a few sittings, assuming you play for a few hours at a time.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 3500
RE: The PS3 Thread - 18/2/2012 4:17:48 PM   
JIm R

Cheers chaps, will take a gander, ta

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 3501
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 11:36:34 AM   
juanvasquez

What's the going rate/demand for a fat 60gb? Looking to upgrade to a slim for the bigger HDD space, but can't afford to contribute much to it.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 3502
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 1:20:38 PM   
SWOTBM

Surely it would be cheaper to just upgrade the HDD?  Plus if it's a fat 60gb it has more functionality than a slim, although it is probably louder and obviously larger than a Slim.  I think there was a post on here about a guy on Ebay who offered a deal to give new PS3 Slims in exchange for old fat PS3s, for a nominal fee.  

Post #: 3503
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 1:32:12 PM   
juanvasquez

Does it take much to change the hard drive? I don't quite fancy tinkering with it.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3504
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 1:45:23 PM   
SWOTBM

Dead easy.  There are loads of video tutorials out there as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSytaL9hnI

All you need is a screw driver and a 2.5'' internal hard drive (I got a 320gb and it works fine, shop around to see which one is cheapest), plus if you want to back up your existing data and transfer it then you'll need an external HD.  Otherwise you're good to go

Post #: 3505
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 2:09:08 PM   
juanvasquez

That looks surprisingly straight forward. Might just do that.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3506
RE: The PS3 Thread - 19/2/2012 10:05:46 PM   
indysgill

Piece of piss to change the drive.

I went from 60gb in my phat to 250gb.

Post #: 3507
RE: The PS3 Thread - 20/2/2012 7:38:52 AM   
Ell

Does anyone else watch the PS Access episodes that you can download from the PS Store each week? I've only been getting into them for the last three or four weeks but I'd say they're worth a having a peek at (even if the woman's attempt at humour does become a tad grating after a while).

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3508
RE: The PS3 Thread - 20/2/2012 9:30:56 PM   
juanvasquez

Is that like a rip off of SUAM/NeXus? Those guys slay me!

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3509
RE: The PS3 Thread - 22/2/2012 10:21:40 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Does anyone else watch the PS Access episodes that you can download from the PS Store each week? I've only been getting into them for the last three or four weeks but I'd say they're worth a having a peek at (even if the woman's attempt at humour does become a tad grating after a while).

How dare you bad mouth Lucy Porter!

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3510
Page:   <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI