Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS3 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS3 Thread - 17/10/2011 8:32:44 PM   
Ell

Apologies for the delay in updating you PS3ers. You've not missed out on anything unfortunately.

Although the disc used on the set-ups had a single-player demo on it, the turnout was ridiculous and as a result they only put on a game of team deathmatch between the six screens on a new map. All good fun, just a little disappointing. They only had six set-ups going and the whole thing seemed awfully last-minute in terms of organisation.

The previous PS Access I had been to took place at a club venue with plenty of room. This took place at the very front of a Gamestation store.

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3451
RE: To Michael! And All PS3 Players! - 6/11/2011 9:53:55 AM   
Timon

This is an ad for all PS3 players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3452
RE: To Michael! And All PS3 Players! - 6/11/2011 10:26:50 AM   
HIM

What a fantastic advert. The Snake guy was a bit cheesy but other than that I thought it was great.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3453
RE: To Michael! And All PS3 Players! - 6/11/2011 2:52:22 PM   
Dark Knight

Fantastic advert and I would like something profound and deep but I will just copy and paste from the top comment on the you-tube site....

"Even though we play on a different system, prefer a different genre of games, prefer a different series of that genre, we are all gamers, from PC to Wii, PS3 to Xbox 360, we are all gamers, thats what we share in common, so what if one person is a fanboy or fangirl, thats there preference, we all play games and will continue to play them, we all love them and connect with others while playing them. We are all gamers, Micheal I never knew you but I raise my glass to you, another one of us fallen."

Pretty much sums it up............

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 3454
PS3 Sign-InPassword Problem - 10/11/2011 11:49:08 AM   
Brundlesflies

I did post this in knowledge base, but thought it would be better placed here

quote:

Wonder if anyone could help

I've been trying to log onto PS3 Network and have been having a few problems with my password.

I've not logged on for an age, but tried at the weekend as fancied trying the film download option. Anyway, I logged in as usual - I had it set up to remember my password. But when it asks for my password to purchase/increase funds it doesn't recognise it.
I'm pretty sure I remember what the password is, but it's not having any of it, so I figure I'll just have to reset it. So I log into the PSN screen, click on the 'forgot password' tab. It assks for my e-mail address & then my D.O.B, but then tells me the info is invalid! Now I admit it's possible I'd forget my password, but my D.O.B - I'm pretty sure I can recall that.

I've checked that the e-mail address is the right one & gone onto web site but can't find any option to reset. I even tried to create a new account, but the moment you click on the tab you get a 'Site Maintenance' screen.

Now I'm not too fussed about getting onto the system at the moment - but I've bought my daughter singstar for Christmas & I know she's going to want to buy songs online. Mainly though I don't like the idea that I can't access my account - especially after all the security issues Sony & Playstation have suffered recently

Any one got any ideas on where to go from here?

Any help would be most appreciated

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 3455
RE: PS3 Sign-InPassword Problem - 13/11/2011 8:29:38 PM   
juanvasquez

I think a phone call to Playstation may be your best option. You say you haven't been on for ages. Is this before or after the PSN hack? Because everyone had to reset their password afterwards.

< Message edited by juanvasquez -- 13/11/2011 8:31:32 PM >

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 3456
RE: PS3 Sign-InPassword Problem - 14/11/2011 9:26:29 AM   
Brundlesflies

Cheers - just phoned them & they were surprisingly helpful & efficient

Turns out that when I signed up I'd entered the wrong D.O.B Added an extra year on - what a dick!

Ah well, all sorted now

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 3457
RE: PS3 Sign-InPassword Problem - 20/11/2011 11:04:12 AM   
Sleazy

anyone else having probs getting onto PSN today?

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 3458
RE: PS3 Sign-InPassword Problem - 20/11/2011 2:14:33 PM   
juanvasquez

Apparently it was down, but should be up and running by now...

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 3459
RE: The PS3 Thread - 21/11/2011 8:59:35 AM   
GameOverManGameOver

I assumed my lack of access was due to maintenance....but can someone explain to my why I couldn't play any game from a disc, but ones of the HD were playable? I couldn't play GT5 or Resistance 3, but could play Dead Nation. At first I thought it was trying to get the downed PS3 servers, but even with my internet turned off, they still wouldn't load.

Any ideas, I'm intrigued?

"It's game over man, game over!!"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Clay Davis, The Wire. Greatest utterance of shit ever!

PSN ID :- gameovermangameo

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3460
RE: The PS3 Thread - 22/11/2011 10:21:31 PM   
indysgill

I think some games have during initial start up access to the internet for some reason, security, update scores, check for update, whatever.

I guess not being able to do that stopped the game loading, I had that trying to play single player MW3.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to GameOverManGameOver)
Post #: 3461
RE: The PS3 Thread - 26/11/2011 2:15:08 PM   
kumar

Peoples i think im going to buy a PS3 this xmas. Im keen to get a blu ray player and i can get discounts on my purchase through work. Im curious about some yellow light of death- something similar to the xbox? What is this and how do i avoid it? I would hate to end up with a dead ps3. thanks.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 3462
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/11/2011 2:09:08 PM   
SWOTBM

If rumours are to be believed there is a Sony crossover fighter in the works.  Nothing confirmed but that would be fun as hell, would love to play as Solid Snake and Nathan Drake.   Some of the IGN recommendations are pretty hilarious- e.g. Ethan Mars 

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213497p1.html

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 3463
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/11/2011 3:22:10 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Peoples i think im going to buy a PS3 this xmas. Im keen to get a blu ray player and i can get discounts on my purchase through work. Im curious about some yellow light of death- something similar to the xbox? What is this and how do i avoid it? I would hate to end up with a dead ps3. thanks.

I've had mine 2 years now and not had a problem with it at all (I'll regret saying that won't I ). Up until recently I only really used it for Blu Ray on a fairly regular basis but now using it for gaming more.

I was under the impression that the Xbox was more prone to issues than the PS3 (but that may be because I heard about it more?)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 3464
RE: The PS3 Thread - 29/11/2011 3:35:51 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

I've had mine 2 years now and not had a problem with it at all (I'll regret saying that won't I ). Up until recently I only really used it for Blu Ray on a fairly regular basis but now using it for gaming more.

I was under the impression that the Xbox was more prone to issues than the PS3 (but that may be because I heard about it more?)

My God.  What have you unleashed? 

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3465
RE: The PS3 Thread - 1/12/2011 10:05:22 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

My God.  What have you unleashed? 

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3466
RE: The PS3 Thread - 1/12/2011 10:28:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

quote:

My God. What have you unleashed?

Yes I recycled it from the Images that made you LOL thread, still apt though....... (in all seriousness, if you get a newer model you shouldn't get the YLOD so long as its well ventilated)

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3467
RE: The PS3 Thread - 1/12/2011 10:30:59 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

I bought one recently and mainly use it as a Blu-ray player or to watch Lovefilm (But now I have Sky on the XBox I don't even use that often). I still do nearly all my gaming on the 360 though.

According to some on here the yellow light problem is just as common on the PS3 than the XBox RROD, probably even more so now the new XBoxes came out and practically eradicated the problem. The difference is MS give you a 3 year warranty to replace it and Sony charges you 90 to repair theirs.

But if you want the Blu-ray player there really isn't any option.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3468
RE: The PS3 Thread - 2/12/2011 12:05:28 AM   
SWOTBM

Anyone know if there is a way to disable that rather annoying epilepsy warning that appears every time you turn on your PS3 (seems to have only started happening after installing the most recent patch)?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 3469
RE: The PS3 Thread - 2/12/2011 3:28:57 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

Anyone know if there is a way to disable that rather annoying epilepsy warning that appears every time you turn on your PS3 (seems to have only started happening after installing the most recent patch)?

Hmm just noticed this, not sure if you can turn it off or not though.
I really have to get a Plus Account, for the automatic update feature alone. Nothing more frustrating then sitting down to game on a friday yet having to wait for an update.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3470
RE: The PS3 Thread - 2/12/2011 9:51:54 PM   
indysgill

Only just found out about this, will have to check it out after Walking Dead tonight.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item438286/Fancy-12-Gifts-this-Christmas-courtesy-of-PlayStation-Plus/?WT.mc_id=pdcticker

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 3471
RE: The PS3 Thread - 2/12/2011 10:25:02 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

my method is to turn the Ps3 on, then the TV

by the time the tv shows the display it's on the XMB already.

not ideal, but it does the trick.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 3472
RE: The PS3 Thread - 3/12/2011 5:05:48 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Only just found out about this, will have to check it out after Walking Dead tonight.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item438286/Fancy-12-Gifts-this-Christmas-courtesy-of-PlayStation-Plus/?WT.mc_id=pdcticker

What sort of games are we looking at? I'm considering getting Plus with the spare cash I've got, just so I can get in on this.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3473
RE: The PS3 Thread - 5/12/2011 9:45:09 PM   
kumar

OK well, i got one and I got resistance 3 in a package, Looking to get one or two more over christmas, anyone have resistance? Only played around a couple hours on it so far.... or have people already blasted this game?

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 3474
RE: The PS3 Thread - 6/12/2011 12:29:19 AM   
SWOTBM

^^  Not a massive fan of Resistance, heard R3 got good reviews but kinda got lost amongst the releases.  There are better games to spend your time/money on though, but it depends on what you are into. 

On another note; the Sony will announce a new exclusive at the VGAs next week.  Let the speculation commence:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213940p1.html

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 3475
RE: The PS3 Thread - 6/12/2011 11:28:02 AM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

What sort of games are we looking at? I'm considering getting Plus with the spare cash I've got, just so I can get in on this.

Well I have picked up Sonic 2 when it started and Crash Commandos was there yesterday, they don't actually tell you what's coming up. Although the graphic in that link I posted does partially show the box art for Street Fighter II HD Remix, so I am hoping that pops up during this promotion.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 3476
RE: The PS3 Thread - 16/12/2011 11:07:35 AM   
MI Cruise

I was thinking of buying a PS3 and was wondering whether someone could throw some ebay links my way, new/used I dont mind as long as its below 110.

any recommendations will be appreciated.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3477
RE: The PS3 Thread - 16/12/2011 10:01:22 PM   
indysgill

Below that price on ebay will probably be a broken one.

Had a quick look, there is one going for 99.97 buy it now, but its 40Gb which is sod all if you plan on using the store. Even some game installs are 3-4Gb.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 3478
RE: The PS3 Thread - 20/12/2011 6:51:03 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

Below that price on ebay will probably be a broken one.

Had a quick look, there is one going for 99.97 buy it now, but its 40Gb which is sod all if you plan on using the store. Even some game installs are 3-4Gb.

Thanks for the help indysgill, I bought an 80Gb one for around 100 used, it didnt come with a controller so I bought a sixaxis controller seperate for around 14.99. Looking forward to it arriving sometime this week.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 3479
RE: The PS3 Thread - 21/12/2011 11:31:36 AM   
GameOverManGameOver

Hey all,

Did anyone else get the Starhawk beta access, if so is it any good?

Downloaded it yesterday but not played it yet.

"It's game over man, game over!!"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Clay Davis, The Wire. Greatest utterance of shit ever!

PSN ID :- gameovermangameo

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 3480
Page:   <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS3 Thread Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI