Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 13/11/2006 8:04:00 PM   
Zaphod121

another 3 episodes? yay! That gives us hope for a full 22 ep season, I'm so happy!
edit - watched episode 6, loved it, things begin to heat up, in more ways than one, cheaky Keith and what a great ending, damn you Logan! Anyone know when Mac is going to return, shes hardly been in this season.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 13/11/2006 9:08:54 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 91
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 13/11/2006 8:05:50 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Earl

Someone told me they changed networks in the US for season 3. I guess that accounts for the lack of swearing, I loved that the characters would drop the odd curse now and then.

VM used to be on UPN, but they merged with the WB to make the CW, so VM airing is airing on that channel now

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Earl)
Post #: 92
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 15/11/2006 2:53:34 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 3.07, Of Vice and Men:

First of all, how brilliant was the Arrested Development shoutout at the prison? The producers are obviously fans.

I thought the episode was pretty average throughout...until the end. Didn't se it coming at all, and it showed that this show hasn't lost it's nasty streak.

I think the second mystery of the season may see Harmony murdered and Keith framed as the killer. That could really be interesting. I think that's why they brought the Fitzpatricks back into things tonight, since they'll no doubt be suspects in the framing. I've also heard speculation that the second mystery could centre around the murder of Dean O'Dell's wife. That would be interesting too since you'd have O'Dell and Landry as suspects.

And I'd love to watch a show with Veronica as an FBI agent!

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 15/11/2006 2:59:33 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 93
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 15/11/2006 8:25:52 PM   
hongkongphooey

hmm, as soon as I saw Veronica leave her drink I knew what was going to happen. She would never leave a drink, even for a minute so I didn't buy that part. She certainly wouldn't wander down to a deserted car park while recognising what was happening to her. I'm still not really liking Veronica at the moment - when she was quizzing Logan I was thinking 'dump her Logan, you can do better' which isn't a good sign.

Don't think the ratings are doing too well at the moment - should we hear whether there's a full season pick up soon?

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 94
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 17/11/2006 6:30:50 PM   
hongkongphooey

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2006/11/veronica-mars-gets-full-season-order.html

Veronica Mars gets another 7 episodes, rather than the expected 9. Good news though

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 95
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 17/11/2006 6:45:18 PM   
furrybastard

Arrested Development shout out!? I must have missed that - anyone care to enligthen me?

Post #: 96
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 17/11/2006 8:15:30 PM   
GOBluth

quote:

Arrested Development shout out!? I must have missed that - anyone care to enligthen me?

When the guard in the police station said "No touching"

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 97
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 17/11/2006 8:52:13 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: hongkongphooey

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2006/11/veronica-mars-gets-full-season-order.html

Veronica Mars gets another 7 episodes, rather than the expected 9. Good news though

another 7 eh, Im guessing thats not on top of the extra 3, still great news though, a 20 episode season, I wonder how things will work out

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 98
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 19/11/2006 6:23:27 PM   
Zaphod121

Realy enjoyed episdoe 7, I love the AD moment, nice to see that Veronica and Logans realationship isnt perfect, I love the end. I knew something was up when she got the hair in her food, it was obvious, is it two more episodes lef with this mystery? Seriously this getting annoying, does anybody know when Mac is gonna come back.
edit - never mind I just read an interview with her and it looks like she returns in episode 9

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 19/11/2006 6:35:14 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 99
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 20/11/2006 5:58:47 PM   
alabamaworley

Hi there, thought I would jump in here with a post since I've recently become obsessed with VM and no one else I know watches it....got to say it's the best thing on TV since Buffy ended (IMHO!)

Loving Season 3 - got to say I think the move to college has gone better than most shows (Buffy, Dawsons etc) - like the fact that they're all still in Neptune and not doing some cross-country thing.

Wish VM would chill with the jealousy tho - got to say I'd kick her to the curb recently if I was Logan!

I love the new credits - I think they suit the show better - the originals were too upbeat for the sometimes v dark tone, I thought.

One thing I've been wondering about the end of Ep 7 - at the end when she says about not loving enough - is she talking about Logan? Or the fact that she hasn't been supporting her dad? Was a bit confused.

Also I agree with a previos poster about the fact that she went into the car park alone when she knew she had been drugged - that really annoyed me.  Really thought she mgiht be raped again tho!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 100
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 21/11/2006 2:31:33 AM   
nevergreen

quote:

ORIGINAL: alabamaworley
One thing I've been wondering about the end of Ep 7 - at the end when she says about not loving enough - is she talking about Logan? Or the fact that she hasn't been supporting her dad? Was a bit confused.

I think she was talking about both! 

Hopefully she will learn not to treat everyone like shit for the rest of the saeason.  Season 3 Veronica is a real bitch!

"You were out of the trio a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away."

Im bored. Episode 1 bored.

(in reply to alabamaworley)
Post #: 101
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 22/11/2006 5:17:56 PM   
Zaphod121

don't know if anybody has posted or seen this before but I found this cool VM noir poster on google images

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to nevergreen)
Post #: 102
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 23/11/2006 10:24:15 PM   
jay13

any 1 seen the latest episode?

I won't go into any details just in case, but is that the rapes solved then?

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 103
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 23/11/2006 10:29:08 PM   
Zaphod121

nope the rape mystery finishes in ep 9, the latesed is ep 8

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 104
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 24/11/2006 12:02:19 AM   
jay13

*spoilers*

So its not the girls who faked Claire's rape?, i thought VM was insinuating that they had faked more than that 1. Although i guess, it was still left unclear so hope theres some solid answer in ep9

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 105
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 24/11/2006 1:35:10 AM   
furrybastard

Hm, it seems unlikely that they "faked" the rape of Mac's roommate; she certainly wasn't in on it herself. And who cut off Veronica's hair? I too thought the rape mystery had been cleared up witht his episode but Veronica could have been accusing them of faking a couple of the rapes, not necessarily all of them.

Great episode though - I especially liked the chemistry between Veronica and her Dad; they don't seem to banter as much as they used to! Veronica herself was great this episode too. Great ending with Logan as well.

EDIT: Also really liked all the Big Lebowski references, even the whole Brendt thing! Works well too since that film was based loosely on The Big Sleep!

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 24/11/2006 1:49:23 AM >

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 106
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 25/11/2006 12:23:07 AM   
Dave B

Haven't been in this thread in a while but I've been really behind on the show. Finally caught up now and I'm really enjoying it. I'm liking how they're exploring the trust issues between Veronica and Logan and who wasn't heartbroken when Logan saw Veronica hang up on him? 

Also interesting to see V and Keith have different moral viewpoints when Keith had the affair with the married woman. Looking forward to seeing Mac in the next episode.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

Post #: 107
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 25/11/2006 12:43:33 AM   
Leomuse

Anyone seen the preview for next week's episode?

Looks to be a shocking one.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 108
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 25/11/2006 12:37:57 PM   
sushiandrice

Yes.. I fear for people.

You space bastard.

(in reply to Leomuse)
Post #: 109
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 25/11/2006 2:49:50 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

It's clear that the womans group faked a fair few rapes, but not all of them. Parker was definitely real, and I expect the one from last season was real too.

Usually the baddie on Veronica Mars is someone who is a major character but not in the upper echelon (think Aaron Echolls, Woody Goodman and Beaver Casablancas). So in keeping with that tradition the only viable suspects in my eyes are: Piz, Dick, Dean O'Dell, Professor Landry or Tim (Landry's teaching assistant). But there's really no basis for suspecting any of them, is there? At least with the past 3 baddies we got to know them well and got little hints along the way. It could be Moe, the guy who helps out in the dorms but that would be dull as hell. Usually when they reveal the baddie I'm quite excited but not too bothered with this one. And this is the longest mystery of the season which means the remaining ones will have even less time to build up decent suspects.

A little disappointed by this season to be honest. It's still enjoyable but it's dropped down my list of shows to watch. It's just lacking something and I can't put my finger on what. Maybe it's just the lack of a season long mystery.

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 25/11/2006 2:51:17 PM >

(in reply to sushiandrice)
Post #: 110
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 26/11/2006 5:04:06 PM   
Zatoichi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

A little disappointed by this season to be honest. It's still enjoyable but it's dropped down my list of shows to watch. It's just lacking something and I can't put my finger on what. Maybe it's just the lack of a season long mystery.

Same here, though I am still enjoying it too. The lack of a lengthy mystery is definetly a reason. The other seasons of VM centered around two of the most gripping and intruiging mysteries I've ever seen on TV, and you felt a definite sense of closure as a season ended. All the more reason why I wanna re-visit the first season especially.

I haven't been excited by this season so far, and am finding Dexter the show I most look forward to.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

Post #: 111
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 27/11/2006 6:17:03 PM   
Zaphod121

I'm still finding that VM is my most looked forward to show, but it lacks lots of the complexisity (sp?) that S1 & 2 had, also Veronica and Wallace friendship seems very much underplayed in this season and I think that getting rid of the season long mystery was a bad idea. I'm hoping that if they get picked up for a forth season that they return all these things, stillI can't wait to find out who the rapist is.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 112
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 3:09:33 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 3.09, Spit & Eggs:

Well, I've been complaining about a downturn in quality but I thought this episode was brilliant.

Throughout the episode I was expecting the rapist to be Tim (especially when he told Bonnie he'd been sleeping with other girls too). And he seemed to be wearing khaki trousers which is what we saw in the opening scene.

Then I began to think it was Moe because he had a couple of scenes in the episode. So I was betting on it being either Tim or Moe so was fairly surprised to learn it was Mercer. But the big shock was learning that Moe was in fact involved and it was a double act. I need to rewatch the first nine episodes to see more of Mercer because I didn't really pay attention first time round. So am I right in saying that during a previous prison guard experiment Mercer was the guard and Moe was the prisoner? That explains the master/slave relationship.

I had no idea what Logan was doing when he was smashing the cop car up. But I loved the 'oh shit' look on Mercer's face when he entered the cell. Pretty good luck that Logan got put in the same one!

I'm sorry to see Dean O'Dell leave the show. Ed Begley Jr was fantastic. So we've got quite the list of suspects - Professor Landry, the feminists, his wife, Tim (for reinstating the Greeks and giving Bonnie more chances to sleep around). What are the bets that the murder is an exact replica of whatever Veronica wrote in her 'perfect murder' essay? And since Weevil was friendly with O'Dell (and discovered the body) then he should play a large part. It's a shame the next mystery is shorter because I think I'll find it more interesting than the rapes.

This episode was a definite return to form!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 113
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 4:10:55 PM   
Third Eye

Spoilers For Episode Nine
I've just caught up with Season Three thanks to YouTube. I haven't seen Episode Nine yet but its a shame to hear Dean O'Dell has gone, although I'm sure it will be a good mystery, he has been one of the best new characters on the show this season.

The pitch-black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light.

And thus, the saga begins.....

Twitter: oli2033

Post #: 114
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 5:21:01 PM   
Joedini

FINALLY seen the first episode of the new season, loved it. Still not sold on the credits but the show more than makes up for it.

The lack of Sherrif Lamb and Weevil was a little annoying, I know there time will come but it's nice to have at least a mention of them. The new characters I liked, Piz's name sounds far too much like piss though.
Dick seems to be getting a decent story for a change.Not enough Logan who is by far the coolest character around, even though he seems to have gone soft.

Should be having a marathon of the next lot soon to catch up with the rest of you

(in reply to Third Eye)
Post #: 115
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 5:46:36 PM   
furrybastard

Good episode. I didn't expect them to do a Scream on it. 

The next mystery looks fun! I thought O'Dell may have killed his wife and her lover, it wasn't cleared up. Sad to see the character go as he was a great addition to the cast. Also nice to see more of Piz and Mac!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 116
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 7:26:30 PM   
hongkongphooey

Wow, that was a fantastic episode. Really back to everything that is good about VM. Mercer was so incredibly creepy during that scene in the girl's room - I could hardly watch. Logan seemed back to himself, and it was good to see Veronica actually show some emotion, even if it wasn't in front of witnesses!

Wonder if the cigar smoking man (Mel?) has anything to do with the murder? It seemed like Dean O'Dell was frightened of more than just losing money from him.

Anyone know when the next ep is on -is there a gap?

Post #: 117
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 9:01:47 PM   
sushiandrice

It's a frustratingly comfortable villain and they spent more time setting up the next mystery than solving this one. Gah. They've really shot themselves in the foot losing Ed Begley Jr. - he was fantastic. 

You space bastard.

Post #: 118
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 29/11/2006 10:56:44 PM   
jay13

taken from tv.com

"The detective show scored series-best ratings in The CW's targeted 18- to 34-year-old demographic, and tied its best ratings in 18 to 49-year-olds, with 3.5 million viewers overall."

About bloody time this show got some more recognition, also looks like the split story arc worked for viewing figures.

Last couple of weeks of VM have been excellent, still my most look forward to show.

(in reply to sushiandrice)
Post #: 119
RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread - 30/11/2006 6:22:55 PM   
Zaphod121

Mac Returns!!!!!! Wow best episode of the season so far, VM is back on form, I reckon that's first episode of the season were almost all the main chracters from the opener are actually in the ep (the only one who wasnt in it was Lamb) Ok so I was slightly dissipionted when we found out it was Mercer, but only beacuse it felt like we found we found out to soon, but luckily they had there reasons. I really didn't see the double act thing comin' and the second mini arc looks to be a good one. Is there going to be break like they do with other shows, I really hope not.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Veronica Mars: Season 3 US Schedule Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI