Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Veronica Mars movie?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Veronica Mars movie? Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Veronica Mars movie? - 10/2/2009 1:30:52 PM   
Zaphod121

More news on the movie
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/exclusive-veron.html

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 541
RE: Veronica Mars movie? - 10/2/2009 1:39:34 PM   
matthewforan

Watching season three again and I had forgotten all the references to Arrested Development. Brilliance.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 542
RE: Veronica Mars movie? - 11/4/2009 10:10:37 AM   
clare_star_

Not such great news on the film front... Economy keeps ‘Mars’ film grounded

''Twitter''

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 543
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 13/3/2013 9:09:53 PM   
Timon

Hang on - so Veronica Mars was never properly released on R2 DVDs?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 544
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 13/3/2013 9:18:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

That kickstarter for the Veronica Mars movie is doing great, eh? I may have to try to get hold of the show to watch it again (I didn't finish season one when it was on TV because I stopped paying for Sky)

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 545
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 13/3/2013 9:23:27 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Hang on - so Veronica Mars was never properly released on R2 DVDs?

I think I recommended the German ones to Moon when this came up a few years ago. Original English soundtrack and under 10euros for a season? Bargain/

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 546
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 13/3/2013 11:31:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

Holy shit, it looks as though the Kickstarter goal of $2 million will be shattered in less than a day!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 547
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 14/3/2013 2:14:13 AM   
Zaphod121

Goal more than reached.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 548
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 14/3/2013 2:23:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

Yup and it is still going. It's pretty remarkable, first time any Kickstarter project has reached $1 million (and it has more than doubled it).

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 549
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 14/3/2013 4:39:59 PM   
gtrekker

anyone backed the project yet, it looks like those prizes are only available in the US
kudos to the guy who scored the speaking role in the movie by backing $10,000

''Due to the sad state of TV shows at the moment it's a good thing there are TV DVD boxsets''

my youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/thegtrekker?feature=mhee

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 550
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 14/3/2013 9:44:15 PM   
Darth Marenghi

I had accepted that the show had gone a long time ago, but the sheer fan-love shown by my VM peeps over the last day or so has finally got me interested in seeing this movie!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to gtrekker)
Post #: 551
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 15/3/2013 3:20:47 PM   
discodave101

Its fantastic news, and I was going to contribute until I saw the "US ONLY" disclaimers to the offers. Hope they rake in some good money to help make a better movie then. $2m doesn't even get you 1 episode of a quality TV show with a 50 minute running time nowadays. Somewhere around $4-5m should give them a lot more scope.

I'm still sceptical as to what a movie can really offer. I'm more than willing and excited to be proved wrong though. I'd happily watch anything new VM related.

Oh, and, loved the Kickstarter video they did.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 552
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 15/3/2013 6:08:40 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Its fantastic news, and I was going to contribute until I saw the "US ONLY" disclaimers to the offers. Hope they rake in some good money to help make a better movie then. $2m doesn't even get you 1 episode of a quality TV show with a 50 minute running time nowadays. Somewhere around $4-5m should give them a lot more scope.

I'm still sceptical as to what a movie can really offer. I'm more than willing and excited to be proved wrong though. I'd happily watch anything new VM related.

Acording to Rob Thomas 1 episode of VM would cost $1.8m and at this time they've passed $3m.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 15/3/2013 6:09:46 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 553
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 16/3/2013 12:15:54 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Acording to Rob Thomas 1 episode of VM would cost $1.8m and at this time they've passed $3m.

They need to use the Kickstarter fund to pay for all the 'gifts' for the people who put their money in. So that'll reduce it by a fair bit, you'd assume. I'm not expecting it to look any more expensive than the TV show - which is fine. I imagine it'll get a very limited cinema release in the US, but no chance it'll be shown over here. Digital download?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 554
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 4/5/2013 11:22:50 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

So I've just finished watching the first season of Veronica Mars.

While it took quite a while to get going despite the really interesting set up, it wasn't until the latter half of the season that I was hooked. It culminated in a fantastic, well thought out conclusion and the writing was superb. The killer - brilliant, and I never guessed it. Though I much preferred the season when each episode's mini investigation contributed to finding out the truth which is something I thought the earlier episodes lacked. The same goes for seeing actual emotion from VM - the early episodes got into a routine of her being this kind of super woman which I found a bit annoying but then when everything from when she finds out her about mother's affair we finally see VM vulnerable.

Duncan shouting 'BECAUSE YOU'RE MY SISTER' when you found out what happened at the party was a brilliant scene. And when Keith revealed the paternity test results to VM.

Is the second season worth it? I like this as a stand alone season and can't really see where the story can develop.

I'd appreciate no season 2 spoilers in any response you guys give - though I have seen the first episode of it.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 555
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 4/5/2013 11:25:12 PM   
elab49

Yes, it definitely it. Like S1 it's a story that flows through the entire season. S3 is when the network interfered and made a mess of things. Still watchable, but it splits in 3 and things go awry a lot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 556
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 4/5/2013 11:30:23 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Wasn't expecting such a quick response. Cheers Elab.

On to episode 2...

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 557
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 6/5/2013 5:31:20 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Finished watching Season 2 - (I have no life) - not as strong as the first imo. They should have had a few of the main characters on the bus in the first episode which would have had an emotional weight to the season just like in the first one with Lily's connection to VM. And some of the links to the first season were a bit forced - VM's new raper to name one off the top of my head. Though Aaron's persistent claims that it was Duncan who killed Lily sparked a bit of doubt in my mind so that worked well.
Again, never would have guessed the killer - however, I didn't think it was as smoothly weaved into the plot as the first season.

One of the best (and bravest) moments of the series could have been watching the plane blow up (i'm not a sadistic monster I swear) and knowing that Keith had died. Alas no, he came back and all was well. Even though I think the show needs someone like Keith, if he had died, the third season could have been a lot more interesting.

Props to Logan for the best line of the season: (Signing people in for one of the school dances) "Hey, she may be a two at ten but she'll definitely be a ten at two."

I've just finished watching the first two episodes of season three and none of the main storylines have sparked my interest. VM's rape was a minor part of season one, why have a similar storyline at the forefront of the the 3rd season? It seems the writers have run out of ideas.

I'll give it one more episode and then I think i'll stop.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 6/5/2013 5:34:55 PM >

R.I.P. Punchy

Post #: 558
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 12/5/2013 10:11:14 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Finished season three and it was pretty disappointing,

I'm glad the film is being made though because the Keith/Veronica relationship is one of the best things i've seen on tv so it will be good to see more of that.

R.I.P. Punchy

Post #: 559
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 13/5/2013 7:44:53 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Series 3 has a lot of problems, but I actually think it started to pick up at the end when they ditched the over-arching storylines (also Weevil turned up more towards the end of the series. Weevil is fab)

I hated series 3 the first time I watched it but there's a lot I love about it now (favourite thing ever may be Logan with baseball bat versus cop car)

Re: Keith/Veronica: Absolutely. And Rob Thomas has mentioned that their relationship is a big theme in the film.

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

Post #: 560
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 3/1/2014 2:34:19 PM   
Joedini

Trailer here

http://idiotbox.co.uk/veronica-mars-movie-trailer-debuts03012014/

Concerning that there isn't an international release date set yet. Regardless when we do eventually get this I am beyind excited, still have forgiven the CW for ending the show the way they did.

*I know this post relates to a movie but it was a from a TV show and any excuse to discuss that show again I'll take!

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 561
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 3/1/2014 5:22:57 PM   
elab49

It'd be best to check if there is, or create, a Future Films thread though - it's more likely to spread the word than restricting it to those pretty much already waiting for it

quote:

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 562
RE: Veronica Mars Appreciation Thread - 3/1/2014 6:13:43 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Really liked the trailer. Looking forward to the film.

I hope it's not a case of Veronica ending up with Logan though because that would just be boring.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 563
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Veronica Mars movie? Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI