Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 4/6/2006 11:41:00 AM   
Ref

My father's seen one, but it was an amateur game.  Did anyone watch the USA Vs Ireland A?  The USA were good when they kept the ball in hand, but it all seemed to go to pot when ever they tried to pass the ball.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Izzardesque2)
Post #: 121
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 13/6/2006 1:34:49 PM   
Funkyrae

Is anyone keeping tabs on the internationals?  Reporting of it is so crap thanks to the bloody World Cup!

That's me that is!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 122
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 23/6/2006 10:51:33 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzardesque2

Where are you going to be sitting Mr Dragon?

Eh? I've no memory after the 20/05/06! I just woke up in a hopsital bed!

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

Post #: 123
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 23/6/2006 11:13:22 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

quote:

wha?!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 124
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 23/6/2006 1:20:24 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

quote:

wha?!

Yeah, I remember Foley lifting the trophy in the Millenium Stadium and I think I joygasmed and passed out.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 125
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 21/8/2006 5:12:08 AM   
Izzardesque2

Cor, its dusty in this thread.....

Anyway - Rob Andrew as the new Elite Director of rugby for England. Good choice? I think so. Rob has always been outspoken about what he feels is wrong with the RFU and more importantly given ideas for how things ought to be done. By the sounds of it, he has excellent relations with the different clubs who are fully supporting his appointment so hopefully will resolve some of the 'Club or Country' problems English rugby has been experiencing. Now if only we can find someone to do the same for Welsh rugby...

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Post #: 126
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 21/8/2006 9:30:36 AM   
belluccisbra

Hes an excellant choice for England, but this could be a disaster for the Falcons. John Fletcher is a decent coach but whether he's got the talent to take over at KP remains to be seen. Could be a long and hard season for the falcons

Exterminate all rational thought

Post #: 127
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 21/8/2006 11:38:22 PM   
Izzardesque2

To be fair, they haven't been that successful for a while. Been a while since they won it, anyway.

Also what about Lote Tuquiri's ban? Is it excessive? While I'm all for decent length bans for dangerous tackles, I wish they'd get some consistency out. Tana Umaga didn't get that long, did he? And that tackle looke more purposeful than Lote's, although Richie McCaw did land on his head rather than his shoulder like O'Driscoll.

So seldom are clean

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 128
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 22/8/2006 10:49:29 AM   
theram05

quote:

To be fair, they haven't been that successful for a while. Been a while since they won it, anyway.

Also what about Lote Tuquiri's ban? Is it excessive? While I'm all for decent length bans for dangerous tackles, I wish they'd get some consistency out. Tana Umaga didn't get that long, did he? And that tackle looke more purposeful than Lote's, although Richie McCaw did land on his head rather than his shoulder like O'Driscoll.

Am I the only one who's a bit fucked off that its the same bloody citing office as in the Drico case?!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 129
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/8/2006 3:22:51 PM   
Funkyrae

I've just checked my boys line up for the Leinster game on Friday.  Should be a good 'un 

That's me that is!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 130
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 26/8/2006 8:42:04 PM   
Funkyrae

Anyone else watch the Challenge Cup?  Brilliant game! 

That's me that is!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 131
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 10/9/2006 11:30:53 PM   
Izzardesque2

Bugger - After successfully avenging our defeat in last year's final at Sale, we come unstuck against Bath. Stoopid bloody penalties!!

So seldom are clean

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 132
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/9/2006 9:27:04 AM   
belluccisbra

The falcons win! despit being utter rubbish for 60 minutes they decided they'll actually play for the last 20. if we could get sopme decent forwards we'd be pushing the likes of sale/leicester/wasps but we havnt so we won't

Exterminate all rational thought

Post #: 133
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/9/2006 3:43:39 PM   
mr. bump

Great game for sale on saturday. i was there and the atmosphere was good. a lot better than a lot of the home games last season.

Well now mr. andrew is in the england squad, expect to see some changes. In the centre, and this is going to be annoying, i would play Tait and Tindall. Tait because of his speed (more so than tindall) and tindall due to his vision. Yes he can be a bit flat sometimes but overall, he is a quality player. As long as robinson drops noon, all should be good.

Hodgson as number 10. The way he can control a game is amazing! He is cool and calm but like somebody said earlier, he does bottle under pressure. But thats moslty due to the press giving him a half time. A 40 point haul in 2 games so far this season can't be a bad thing!

And i do think simpson daniel should be on the wing. Anybody can play better than cohen has done since 2003. The drop he made against scotland last year which ultimately cost us that game will never be forgotten!

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 134
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 13/9/2006 2:12:35 AM   
Izzardesque2

I don't agree with Tindall at all. All he seems to have at the moment is 'Route A1' running, smashing the ball up the centre. I used to think it was just the way Robinson played him, but then I saw him in a few club games and he did the same.

So seldom are clean

(in reply to mr. bump)
Post #: 135
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 14/9/2006 12:02:23 AM   
mr. bump

but under a new regime? give him a run out in the AI's but possibly look towards smith for the 6n and beyond. but it may be too late by then. Jesus, Robinson has left it late!

Post #: 136
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 14/9/2006 12:09:48 AM   
Izzardesque2

Ollie Smith?

So seldom are clean

(in reply to mr. bump)
Post #: 137
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 14/9/2006 9:43:33 AM   
theram05

So Mattie Rogers is off back to League then, thats a pity, I've always liked Mattie, his only problem with the Aussies was that he was the 2nd best player in every position. Very exciting prospect and probably coulda been a superstar in the code in any team outside of Oz and NZ.

Post #: 138
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 14/9/2006 7:34:22 PM   
mr. bump

Pryce has joined Glos though. A Good talent he is

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 139
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 23/10/2006 1:07:08 PM   
Peter Dragon

Ahhhhemmmmm.

Hi Izz,

How's things?

(in reply to mr. bump)
Post #: 140
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 8:08:56 AM   
Izzardesque2

Bugger!!!

Didn't see the match and by reading the report, sounds like it was a dubious penalty at the end there.

Still, thems the breaks. I'd like to see what a) the penalty was exactly for and b) why they were pushed back 10 metres. I know it was for complaining, but I don't know whether the behaviour deserved it as no report really comments on it. I'm half glad that complaining WAS penalised as I think this separates us from football, but its a pain in the ass and the Tigers may feel aggrieved if its nothing worse than others have got away with. Still, thems the rules I guess.

Well, here's to giving Cardiff a good sound thrashing!!

So seldom are clean

(in reply to mr. bump)
Post #: 141
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 8:32:08 AM   
Peter Dragon

As I said in the PM t'was a superb match in fairness. Leicester gave it everything they had, but unfortunately they were let down by bad selections from Pat H and too much indiscipline by some players, too much backchat.

If you want to see some clips from the game checkhere. Tis a bit long winded and turn the sound down if in an office.

Post #: 142
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 8:37:28 AM   
Izzardesque2

Yeah, sounds like Goode should have been on at the start. I thought he WAS the starting No.10.

So seldom are clean

Post #: 143
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 8:49:45 AM   
Peter Dragon

My bro was at the game and he said, rather worryingly, that Goode was puking up during the warm up for the game

Post #: 144
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 8:53:57 AM   
Izzardesque2

Neil Jenkins used to throw up before every game he ever played!

So seldom are clean

Post #: 145
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 24/10/2006 9:53:16 AM   
theram05

R O ' Gara showed yet again why he is without peer as an out half on this side of the Planet, outstanding performance backing up his words with ease.

Post #: 146
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 31/10/2006 4:45:41 AM   
Izzardesque2

Leicester increase their chance of qualifying for the knock-out stages of the Heineken Cup with a decent win over Cardiff.

So seldom are clean

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 147
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 31/10/2006 10:06:07 AM   
theram05

And Munster roll on ominously, their back line firing stronger than ever, Stand UP and Fight.........

Post #: 148
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 1/11/2006 3:23:57 AM   
Izzardesque2

So what do we think about the international squads for this weekend?

England looks like its taking a gamble on its younger players. As Ford says, they can't keep doing what they've been doing because it hasn't worked. Going to look horrible if it doesn't work but they;ve got to try and keep a squad together even if it fails to begin with. The constant chop and change has ruined the England team. Lets hope something clicks and its not just a massacre!!!

Wales seem to have a relatively strong side, although we seemto have a few injuries and disqualifications again. Dwayne Peel and Stephen Jones back again as the half-backs has been a successful combination for us. Hopefully Ryan Jones, Gareth Thomas and Gavin Henson (who I still think is an excellent centre when on form) will come back from injury fresh and ready to rock.

I'll be up at 1.30am on Sunday morning to watch the Wales v Australia game. Not hugely confident about beating an improved Aussie team but I think we'll give them a run for their money.

So seldom are clean

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 149
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 1/11/2006 9:53:22 AM   
theram05

quote:

So what do we think about the international squads for this weekend?

England looks like its taking a gamble on its younger players. As Ford says, they can't keep doing what they've been doing because it hasn't worked. Going to look horrible if it doesn't work but they;ve got to try and keep a squad together even if it fails to begin with. The constant chop and change has ruined the England team. Lets hope something clicks and its not just a massacre!!!

Wales seem to have a relatively strong side, although we seemto have a few injuries and disqualifications again. Dwayne Peel and Stephen Jones back again as the half-backs has been a successful combination for us. Hopefully Ryan Jones, Gareth Thomas and Gavin Henson (who I still think is an excellent centre when on form) will come back from injury fresh and ready to rock.

I'll be up at 1.30am on Sunday morning to watch the Wales v Australia game. Not hugely confident about beating an improved Aussie team but I think we'll give them a run for their money.

England will get what they deserve by picking that centre partnership. How they can continue to isolate Josh too is a mystery to me. Ford is a genius coach from his time with Ireland, but I think the Kiwi's isn't the time to go for it. Picking Corry at 6 smacks of wedging him into the side in my opinion. I applaud England for trying something different, but it could hurt.

Would you not agree that Henson is totally over rated though, really? I'd give any number of Welsh centre's a run over the over hyped one. Joes is class and Peel has a bit about him, Wales have the makings of a nice side there. They'll do well I'd say.

I fancy our chances this year over here in Ireland. Well not anymore than any other year, but its just that this year seems to be a make or break one for the team and Eddie. Could be an all Munster pack this year, apart from Easterby at 6, but even if Quinlan was to be included it wouldnt exactly weaken the thing. Ally that to the best backline in Europe in Leinster and we're flying it. Quietly confident, but then again we always find a way to fuck things up.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI