Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/2/2012 4:46:12 PM   
Hood_Man

Italy score! Surely it'll be given? It's given, England lead 6 points to 5 but Italy are the first to score a try... will they convert?

Nope, just misses it.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 871
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/2/2012 4:48:33 PM   
Hood_Man

Hahaha amazing Italy score again, right between the posts, now Italy lead 10 points to 6, surely gonna be 12?

12-6

Half time, looks like Italy should play in the snow more often.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 872
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/2/2012 5:53:24 PM   
Hood_Man

A shame for Italy, they looked like they were on course for another upset, England were too strong for them in the end.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 873
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 11/2/2012 6:21:49 PM   
Captain Black

Well, two wins are two wins from England's point of view, I guess.

Now, as long as the other match goes ahead.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 874
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 12/2/2012 8:28:17 PM   
Ref

Pity about the France/Ireland match, but when it's rescheduled I reckon it's gonna be a blinder of a game.

Good match between Wales and Scotland today. Shame about North though - here's hoping that it's nowt too serious.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 875
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 12/2/2012 11:20:24 PM   
impqueen

Ireland /France was still more interesting than Italy/England...

Scotland/Wales was quite brilliant despite the first half ending 3-3. Hopefully North and Sam will be back in a couple of weeks. It was a good game but Wales need to shore up against England and France and Scotland deserved a little more.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 876
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 8:00:02 AM   
impqueen

Everyone will be pleased to hear my pessimism has come back and I think Wales will lose today. As such Iíll be really; really gutted for a concentrated five minute period directly after the match and then Iíll be dandy, as is the way. Good luck everyone.

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 877
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 3:31:35 PM   
Funkyrae

Nice to see Ireland finally turn up. They're really going to have to do some major work for Paris next week though, there's no chance of them getting anything if they play the way they did today at the beginning of the match.

That's me that is!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 878
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 6:03:48 PM   
Captain Black

Congratulations Wales. Really good game. 

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 879
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 6:32:24 PM   
Hood_Man

Christ... two high drama matches out of three, what a match!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 880
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 7:06:13 PM   
fuzzy

Well done Wales! Triple crown at England HQ - never thought I'd see that one. Another nervy game, my ticker can't take much more of this though! You'd never have thought Wales had one the TC though - going by the post match analysis and news reports. Unless they put the score up, you'd think golden boy Farrell had kicked them to victory! BBC impartiality at its best !

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 881
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 7:32:44 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Well done Wales! Triple crown at England HQ - never thought I'd see that one. Another nervy game, my ticker can't take much more of this though! You'd never have thought Wales had one the TC though - going by the post match analysis and news reports. Unless they put the score up, you'd think golden boy Farrell had kicked them to victory! BBC impartiality at its best !

This annoys me more than anything in sports reporting. Oh well.

Wales were very good for those first twenty minutes but England matched us and Wales faded a little in the middle. Why we kicked so often I technically understand, territory and brief release of pressure but given how poor we were at it and how much better we are with ball in hand itís incredibly frustrating. Fair play to Williams though despite his earlier mistake (not passing for what looked a walk in) his try was pretty brilliant (especially from a Welsh perspective) I wonít comment on Englandís ďtryĒ because even though deep down it probably should have been awarded there was no way it was really going to be given, off the ground? Not 100% under control? Penalty Try? England should be buoyed by their performance (the buggers) but it was a cracking game overall I thought. Nearly killed me but thatís why I love Rugby.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 25/2/2012 7:37:17 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 882
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 7:36:30 PM   
impqueen

Oh and I thought the ref overall was poor.

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 883
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 9:02:06 PM   
Funkyrae

He might have been poor, but he was very nice to look at.

That's me that is!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 884
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 25/2/2012 9:36:26 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Oh and I thought the ref overall was poor.

That's Steve Walsh for you. I'm surprised that he didn't lamp anyone, coz he's got previous:~

Ta Da!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 885
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 26/2/2012 9:22:20 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

He might have been poor, but he was very nice to look at.

Sexist

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 886
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 26/2/2012 11:02:53 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Sexist

"What's wrong with being sexy?"

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 887
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 26/2/2012 1:07:09 PM   
Hood_Man

England were a lot better yesterday than I've seen them in a while, if I was a neutral I'd be a bit gutted for them. But look at that Welsh defence! Sam Warburtons tackle that was like, barely a meter from his own try line, that was superb! England were the better team for the middle 40 minutes, but Wales held them off and then punished them in the final 20. But then, England held them off in turn in the first 20 minutes too (where I seriously thought Wales were just going to run away with the match), so it was a pretty even contest.

However, and I don't mean any disrespect to England by saying this, I don't think Wales played that well. We were overturned a lot, we gave away a fair number of penalties in our own half, the lineouts weren't great, and I don't think the kicking was that great either (apart from making 4 out 5 penalties though, that was good news). I wonder if the moment got to them a bit, playing against the old enemy in their fortress at Twickenham, with a Triple Crown and a potential Grand Slam on the cards. They're a young and confident side, but still only human. And so young!

But such a good game though! I wish I could remember the bar I was in where I watched it in Cardiff yesterday, because apart from looking like an old bingo hall the atmosphere was unrivalled. It's in the Brewery 1/4 and the best way to describe it is like that scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indy has to choose which cup to drink from, the big beautiful gold ones, or the tatty looking one which saves Sean Connery's life? This bar was the tatty uninspiring one.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 888
RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread - 26/2/2012 4:28:52 PM   
Hood_Man

Come on Scotland! Let's make it 3 for 3 for the celts!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 889
Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show it!&q... - 27/2/2012 12:16:57 AM   
Emyr Thy King

I thought Strettle, Farrell and Aquaman (no.13) were the highlights of the England team. Otherwise the rest were just fluff. I thought the refereeing of the rucks was abysmal. Not telling them often enough to play the ball and letting both sides hande the ball as though they were OAPs fumbling over the last crumbs in the biscuit tin. That *gasp* 'try' by Strettle wasn't a try, no downward pressure and the ball rolled off his arm which was underneath the ball. Looks like the gates of Fortress Twickenham were well and truly broken!

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 890
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 4/3/2012 4:40:24 PM   
Hood_Man

Come on Ireland win! Don't make Wales v France the Grand Slam/6 Nations decider I have to work that day!

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 891
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 10/3/2012 1:27:10 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Come on Ireland win! Don't make Wales v France the Grand Slam/6 Nations decider I have to work that day!

Hope the draw helped. Over all it was easily our best performance in the tournament so far even if we didn't score in the second half.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 892
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 10/3/2012 7:28:54 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Easy victory for Ireland against the Scots, for whom the ability to under perform seems to be their main capability.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 893
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 11/3/2012 3:59:04 PM   
Hood_Man

My celtic blood is telling me to root for France, but my brain is telling me to root for England to help Wales' chances next week!

It's too much!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 894
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 11/3/2012 5:11:39 PM   
Ref

Woohoo!! Get in England. Even won with Alain Rolland reffing!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 895
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 11/3/2012 7:25:24 PM   
Captain Black

Yup, great win. Got a bit dicey at 17-15, but then Tom Croft galloped through the French defence and I was pretty confident from that point on. I hope they give Lancaster the job, regardless of the Ireland game next.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 896
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 14/3/2012 3:15:59 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Woohoo!! Get in England. Even won with Alain Rolland reffing!

That's a relief, you didn't have to step in and take over!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

My celtic blood is telling me to root for France, but my brain is telling me to root for England to help Wales' chances next week!

It's too much!

The only team Wales need help from is themselves. As long as they off-load in the tackle, ruck their arses off at the breakdown, don't give away stupid penalties, scrummage effectively, straighten their line-outs and not kick away possession. Then it should be a matter of letting Roberts and Fist of the North Star do their jobs. Wales have a score to settle anyway. Should be good.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 14/3/2012 5:14:50 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 897
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 14/3/2012 3:35:07 PM   
impqueen

Wales have got progressively worse this Championship and I believe we will get mullered by the French this weekend.  

Yes, always.

Post #: 898
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 14/3/2012 3:37:55 PM   
Emyr Thy King

More importantly Wales have won all their games so far. Despite how attractive or otherwise their rugby is. I think they'll play out of their shirts this Saturday. They'll have to. Although as Gatland likes to say, they'll be under a lot of "presshar".

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 14/3/2012 3:38:29 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 899
RE: Try!..."uhh you sure?".."yes! Show i... - 14/3/2012 3:57:58 PM   
impqueen

Itís great to be winning but I would like to be playing a bit better with less mistakes, less kicking, more handling and in fact everything you point out above.

Yes, always.

Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Oval Balls - The Rugby Thread Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI