Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dawson's Creek

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dawson's Creek Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dawson's Creek - 29/8/2008 4:24:30 PM   
Fanboyslayer

I'm gonna take the very unpopular opinion and stick up for poor old Dawson now   I mean it was called Dawsons Creek for goodness sake and guy got totally jipped.   Joey was all I love Dawson sooo much why won't he notice me like, I'm gonna steal him from that other girl and leave her broken hearted, oh right he likes me now go me, well not sure I want him anymore hmm his best mates a bit tasty. Nice!

I think it's obvious from the above statement that I didn't watch a great deal of this   I use to catch the odd episode on a sunday morning so I'm missing big chunks. I did use to love the way they could turn the smallest non issue into the biggest diatribe though.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 61
RE: Dawson's Creek - 29/8/2008 4:29:44 PM   
Joedini

Yeah Joey was a self riteous little cow to be honest.

Most unintentional funny moment of the show ... Joey in "Paris" in the penultimate episode

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 62
RE: Dawson's Creek - 23/8/2012 12:29:28 AM   
Smudge1985

Resurrecting old threads from the dead...

I was a very latecomer to DC. Was a big fan of Smallville in the first 4-5 seasons, and since I liked that, it led me to look for something a little bit similar...watched the teaser for the pilot episode on YouTube...bought the season 1 boxset and blitzed through the whole 6 seasons in about 2 months! (Would have been faster but I was skint at the end of season 4 so rewatched them all again before I could afford season 5!)

It seems to be mocked a little bit now, but thats probably just because its been copied by every teen show since, and none of them have ever matched it to be honest. All of the main cast of characters were good, I absolutely loved Pacey, he was probably the most flawed of the characters which I suppose made him the most human. I loved Jen for the same reasons. There were always good supporting cast too to shake things up, Abby Morgan early on, Drue in the middle, then Audrey in season 6, kind of needed as season 5 was pitifully short on that conflict style character. It did go downhill slightly in seasons 5 and 6, but then, thats just a testament to how good the first 4 were. I always change my mind what my favourite season is, because all of the first 4 are fantastic. I love the innocence and freshness of season 1, the introduction of Jack and Andie in season 2 moved things on very well, before the Pacey/ Joey/ Dawson triangle in 3, before Dawson's moving on to Gretchen in season 4.

Im watching them all through again at the minute for about the 5th time, I do often lose interest at season 5 though, hence Ive only actually watched season 6 twice I think. Its a shame really, they were brave to try and move things on and keep going, and there are some good episodes in 5 and 6, Appetite for Destruction when Dawson and Jen come home a couple while everyone is at Grams' for dinner is classic DC, farce at every turn, a ton of subtext, lots of verbalising, love it. The scary stories ep is good as well, though not as good as season 1's the Scare.

Meh, anyway, Im rambling. Its a guilty pleasure, and my friends often dont believe when I say its probably in my top 3 TV series, but its cool to hate on. I love it, never get tired of watching it.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 63
RE: Dawson's Creek - 24/8/2012 9:09:26 PM   
beebs_

Used to watch. Didn't make it to the end of the series though. I did watch the finale. I approve of that ending...

I own season 3 because it is amazing.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Smudge1985)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dawson's Creek Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI