Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dawson's Creek

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dawson's Creek Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 4:30:08 PM   
smile6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

I went to Wilmington in North Carolina and saw some of the show being filmed. They let us walk around the sets at Screen Gem studio's. I walked round the set of the school and Dawson's house.

Oh my god! How lucky! Oh and Jensen Ackles was in the start of season 6( was watching the first 2 episodes of it the other week and can't remember if he was in both of them but he was definitely in one of them...), although i couldn't tell you how many episodes he was in it for.

They've got the complete series boxset on Play.com for 59.99! It's on my to buy list once I've bought Prison Break season 1!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 31
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 10:52:07 PM   
beebs_

Best thing about the final season? The episode when Pacey and Joey got locked in the supermarket. And the finale.

Ackles being in DC was weird. They really didn't know what to do with Jen and Jack when it was uni time.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to smile6)
Post #: 32
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 11:38:40 PM   
steffols

Stillwater - you just gave me the PERFECT idea for a christmas present!!  I havent had time to get into them yet, just at the end of season 2. Abby showed Andie up at the elections in school, so Pacey made sure everyone knew what she was like. Pacey in seasons 2 and 3 is fantastic, hes so troubled and yet easily one of the best characters because of it.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.
Post #: 33
RE: Dawson's Creek - 19/9/2006 1:21:50 PM   
Merly

quote:

[Best thing about the final season? The episode when Pacey and Joey got locked in the supermarket. And the finale. /quote]

Agreed. I forgot about that supermarket episode, that was great. I'd love to get locked in a supermarket overnight, well a really cool one that had televisions and dvd's

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 34
RE: Dawson's Creek - 19/9/2006 1:40:59 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

Best thing about the final season? The episode when Pacey and Joey got locked in the supermarket. And the finale.

Aww, I loved the finale!

We all knew who Joey should be with. Not some self-indulgent Spielberg twit. Oops, said too much

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 35
RE: Dawson's Creek - 19/9/2006 6:46:52 PM   
beebs_

You said just enough Jess!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 36
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 10:49:50 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Sorry, beebs. I just figured it's quite an old series now, so everyone should know

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 37
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 11:25:34 AM   
James2183

I used to really enjoy Dawsons Creek. The season in which Joey and Pacey were in the whole will they/wont they mode was some of the best teen angst television ever. However, the show went downhill when they all went off to college I thought and I rarely watched the show after that. However, the shows finale episode was very touching and emotional, although it was pretty obvious from the character arcs what was going to happen to Jen I guess.

Still, a lot better than the piss poor OC.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 38
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 11:55:58 AM   
steffols

I'm just watching the episode where Andie is seeing her dead brother. Her performance is so good, along with Pacey its just so good, packed with emotion.  Pacey has got to be the most understandable boyfriend ever.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 39
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 11:58:07 AM   
James2183

I always wanted to be Pacey, he was cool and cocky and got to sleep with his teacher. I always got called Dawson at school and college because of the film angle, but I wanted to be Pacey

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 40
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 12:01:18 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Aww, poor you, James. I'd hate to be compared to Dawson. Pacey was far cooler, laidback and sensitive in comparison. Beautifully different. Even being likened to Jack would've been better - he was really rather sweet.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 41
RE: Dawson's Creek - 20/9/2006 12:40:02 PM   
Stillwater

Steffols! If i wake up on christmas morning and my present from you is DC series 1.. I will kick your ass!! Ill also love it, but I will kick your ass!  The rule is we werent allowed to buy dvds for each other anymore!!

i hated that joey got with pacey.. her and dawson should have rode off into the sunset.. and been hit by a bus on the way..  pacey deserved better

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

Post #: 42
RE: Dawson's Creek - 25/11/2006 10:38:42 PM   
smile6

So was looking through my tv guide and noticed that FiveLife are repeating Dawsons Creek from the very beginning! Starts Monday at 7pm

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 43
RE: Dawson's Creek - 25/11/2006 10:49:03 PM   
Joedini

I saw this, got really excited until I remembered I have them all on dvd

(in reply to smile6)
Post #: 44
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 12:03:32 PM   
emily1212

Dawson's Creek was probably the tv show of my adolescence.  I absolutely loved it and got totally absorbed by it.  Season 3 is the best series by far with Pacey as the best character.

I hated it when the writers started to mess up Pacey's character.  It really pissed me off.  Beginning of series 3 is quintessential Pacey but towards the end of series 4 he started going weird and insecure.  Why to writers have to mess up some beloved characters so much.

As soon as they started college, I only watched sporadically as it basically was Joey'sCreek and I couldn't really care less about her melodramas with her goddamn annoying roommate Audrey.  However some of the last series and the finale redeemed the show and it was back on top form.  I was so conflicted at the series finale as I was happy and sad at the same time.  Bloody great TV.

And it is still the best teen drama show ever.  Much much better than The OC, One Tree Hill and all the other teen crap on at the mo.

Just the eight pints for me last night, then. Oh, no! "Team leader and boss in drunken night out." Shock! horror! Going out with Oggy tomorrow night, then. That'll be be a quiet night in at the library... not!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 45
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 12:05:24 PM   
ndy_vrg

quote:

ORIGINAL: emily1212
I couldn't really care less about her melodramas with her goddamn annoying roommate Audrey. 

She's now even more annoying in E.R

There's someone running around in a gorilla suit?
What's he look like?

(in reply to emily1212)
Post #: 46
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 2:00:08 PM   
Art Vandelay

Couldn't stand Audrey or Joey! I just found Audrey to be a poor replacement for Andie, my favourite character! As soon as she departed, i kinda gave up on the show...and my life!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to ndy_vrg)
Post #: 47
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 4:16:48 PM   
Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndy_vrg

quote:

ORIGINAL: emily1212
I couldn't really care less about her melodramas with her goddamn annoying roommate Audrey. 

She's now even more annoying in E.R

shes is ER? really?  I always kind of liked audrey.. series 5 audrey anyway..in series 6 she got a bit too annoying.  But I thought in series 5 she was needed because everyone else was kind of a goody two-shoes so she was needed to mix it up a little

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to ndy_vrg)
Post #: 48
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 5:30:53 PM   
steffols

I didnt like when they turned Pacey into this stockbroker type, it wasnt Pacey, the quick witted rule breaker of the other seasons, I liked the episode where Joey and Pacey get stuck in the shop and she makes him shave off that ridiculous goatee, Paceys back!

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 49
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 6:11:27 PM   
Stillwater

yo! when am i getting my series 5 & 6 back?.. youve had them for bloody ages!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 50
RE: Dawson's Creek - 26/11/2006 6:30:54 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

yo! when am i getting my series 5 & 6 back?.. youve had them for bloody ages!

OK, Ill just throw them down to you! CATCH!

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 51
RE: Dawson's Creek - 27/11/2006 10:26:46 AM   
Stillwater

*runs* oh no im gonna miss them *does a superman onto the ground screeches to halt and stands up all victorious with the dvds in her hand* yeah!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 52
RE: Dawson's Creek - 27/11/2006 10:40:34 AM   
keca_2000

Ah man Dawson's Creek was great! Kicks the OC's butt. I haven't seen it in ages though. It did drop off when they all went to college...perhaps they should have left it before then but hey ho. I remember thinking the last episode was still quality. Also, the early episode where (is it Abby?) and Jen are drinking on the pier and Abby falls in and drowns is one of those tv moments which for some reason has always stuck with me.

I believe in only using my powers when the situation demands it.

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 53
RE: Dawson's Creek - 27/11/2006 10:54:18 AM   
Stillwater

yeah that was a great episode - i think it was one of the first times I remember someone dying on tv....that and Tiffany from Eastenders.

That was in series 2, which IMHO is by far the best series of DC

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 54
RE: Dawson's Creek - 27/11/2006 5:30:34 PM   
Art Vandelay

Totally agree. Still remains my favourite Season and possibly my favourite Season of any TV show. I try to watch it at least 2-3 times a year!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 55
RE: Dawson's Creek - 27/11/2006 7:46:24 PM   
steffols

I think seasons 3 and 4 are really good. Drue in season 4 is brilliant, one of the best supporting characters in Dawson's Creek, he kinda sold out towards the end though with all that bunf about his dad.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 56
RE: Dawson's Creek - 28/11/2006 9:40:00 PM   
beebs_

Nah, I love season 3 the most. S2 is pretty good. Half of season 4 is good... then they messed with Pacey to break up the Joey/Pacey love in. Pissed me off boy. But at least they had the guts to get them back together in the finale.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 57
RE: Dawson's Creek - 28/11/2006 9:56:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

They made the right choice putting Joey and Pacey together at the end because Dawson and Joey just didn't seem to gel as a couple.

Anyhoo, Pacey was a great character to start off with. I love the bit in season 2 when he punched his dad and calls him a son of a bitch for saying something against Andie. It was always good to see Pacey fight,lol. Loved his full fight scene with the guy in the school parking lot, that looked quite brutal by teen tv show standards. Can't remember what season and ep that was though.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 58
RE: Dawson's Creek - 29/8/2008 3:41:20 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

If i had to pick a favourite character i'd have to go with Pacey, i think that he was just a really great charcter and Josha Jackson played him with great ease I'm sorry that he didn't really get any better work after.

And finally ... he has. Bring on Fringe

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 59
RE: Dawson's Creek - 29/8/2008 4:01:50 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzardesque2

Made great hangover television on a Sunday. Crawl from bed onto the sofa, HUGE cup of tea, bacon sarnie and pretty people on tv...

That's what I used to do.

I cried at the last episode, it was excellent.

May have to invest in the boxsets now.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Izzardesque2)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Dawson's Creek Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI