Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dawson's Creek

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dawson's Creek Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 9:39:58 AM   
steffols

I borrowed (almost) all the boxsets from my cousin, the esteemed Stillwater on the forum, and I am currently working my way through them.

Dawson's Creek kicks OC butt.  It might be a bit long winded at times, but its funny and has a heart, and most of the episodes were written by Mike White, writer of School of Rock!

I gets an unfair slagging because its so easy to make fun of, but I have to say, I would choose to watch Dawsons creek over any other teen-o-drama any day.

Whats the thoughts?

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.
Post #: 1
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 11:15:39 AM   
JV

I only finished watching the whole lot the other month after I bought some of the boxsets and borrowed the rest off my sis. It's a lovely programme with more teenage angst that a family planning clinic. Intelligent too in some respects.

However, there was more than one occasion when I wanted to bang their heads together and stop being so silly.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 2
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 11:48:41 AM   
Merly

I used to love it. Havenít watched it for a while. Katie Holmes has always got on my nerves for some reason. I just find her really irritating but I did enjoy the show.

The last ever episode had me crying like a baby. I was still crying when I went to bed that night

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 3
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 1:02:59 PM   
steffols

I think Katie Holmes sucks on a helium balloon, her voice is so unbelieveable, annoyingly, throat-rippingly squeaky. She is definetly the most annoying character ever committed to screen.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 4
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 3:16:34 PM   
Newander

Dawsons Creek was my sunday morning guilty pleasure a few years ago, when  it was on Channel 4, i used to love it.

Sure if i had or someone lent me the box sets i'd sit and watch them all over again. Great stuff and far superior to The OC.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 5
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 3:49:37 PM   
Art Vandelay

Love it! One of my all time favourite shows, and not only is it superior to The O.C., but above nearly all the Teen Dramas. Season 2 remains my favourite Season with the introduction of the McPhee's, but Seasons 1-4 were just TV heaven. Then it all kinda went in a different direction, but i don't like to talk about the last 2 Seasons...
Although the Series Finale was a return to form, and what would you expect from the great Kevin Williamson.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 6
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 4:49:02 PM   
Merly

What season was Jensen Ackles in? Anyone know?

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 7
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 4:57:10 PM   
Art Vandelay

That would be Season 6.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 8
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 7:42:46 PM   
Samuelpoet

Complete genius of a programme, with a both sad and disappointing ending...

Post #: 9
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 7:53:49 PM   
matthewforan

Yeah I love it too it was great. It does beat OC with a stick, I saw some of it again when I was in America. It is really one of the better teen drama programmes.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 10
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 8:08:51 PM   
dh_19

I liked the first series with the way it always started with Dawson & Joey watching a movie before having some sort of teen crisis or tackling deep inner conflict.

Went down hill for me as soon as Andie McPhee was introduced!

"I took a risk" - Larry David

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 11
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 8:54:02 PM   
smile6

Absolutely adored this show, well up until the end of season 4. Season 3 was my favourite, loved the whole Joey/Pacey will they won't they! Gave up on it when it moved to channel 5, wasn't big on the whole college thing. Also the fact it became Joey's Creek kinda changed my mind about it (see the first 5mins of season 6 episode 1 compared to the start of every other season). The final episode still remains one of my fave tv episodes ever though, was just so good!

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 12
RE: Dawson's Creek - 15/9/2006 9:53:05 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: dh_19

Seriously? Andie McPhee was my favourite character on the show.

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 13
RE: Dawson's Creek - 16/9/2006 10:18:40 AM   
dh_19

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: dh_19

Seriously? Andie McPhee was my favourite character on the show.

Ooops, sorry! I just couldn't help but find her extremely irritating. Next you'll be telling me that annoying cockney director from series 5 or 6 was your second favourite on the show!

"I took a risk" - Larry David

Post #: 14
RE: Dawson's Creek - 16/9/2006 10:26:11 AM   
steffols

I thought Andie and Jack Mcphee brought a lot to the show. Most of the more prolific storylines involve them. No one will forget when Pacey spat in the teachers face and when he stuck up to the teacher because he made Jack read his poem (which was the first time we realised Jacks homosexuality) out loud in class. Or when Andie went mad, went away for the Summer and came back and broke Pacey's heart, that was a very good storyline.

Andie was an annoying character, but she was written like that.  Joey is more annoying and she wasn't.

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 15
RE: Dawson's Creek - 16/9/2006 10:27:04 AM   
matthewforan

The show One Tree Hill is kind of like it in my view. Although i do like OTH is will never be like the years me and my sister watched Dawson's Creek. The full box set is a very tempting DVD to get. If i had to pick a favourite character i'd have to go with Pacey, i think that he was just a really great charcter and Josha Jackson played him with great ease I'm sorry that he didn't really get any better work after. I think he could have been another Cusack.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 16
RE: Dawson's Creek - 16/9/2006 7:55:51 PM   
beebs_

quote:

ORIGINAL: smile6

Absolutely adored this show, well up until the end of season 4. Season 3 was my favourite, loved the whole Joey/Pacey will they won't they! Gave up on it when it moved to channel 5, wasn't big on the whole college thing.

Dawson's Creek wasn't bad at all. I love Season 3. Pacey and Joey ::sigh:: Good times! I did hate when they totally changed Pacey's character to accomodate the break up. What a load of crap.

So was that Audery. WTF was that all about?

But you know what I liked? That they had the balls to get Joey together with the right guy at the end. The guy who wasn't the star of the show. Come on now! We know what selfish idiot Dawson was!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to smile6)
Post #: 17
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 12:55:53 AM   
smile6

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

Dawson's Creek wasn't bad at all. I love Season 3. Pacey and Joey ::sigh:: Good times! I did hate when they totally changed Pacey's character to accomodate the break up. What a load of crap.

Another Joey and Pacey fan! Though i gotta say I liked it more when it was all about them liking each other but not admiting it, once they actually started going out it wasn't quite as exciting.

So true, I hated it when they made Pacey all crap and whiney towards the end of the fourth season, when he was all "i'm not good enough for you" , it was so un-Pacey like!

Did anyone else used to love it when Dermot O'Leary would slag Dawson and go on about his overly large forehead on T4? Used to crack me up

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 18
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 1:14:39 AM   
Art Vandelay

I'm on the other side, as one of the Pacey & Joey haters. No couple could ever come close to Pacey & Andie. Why did they have to break them up after just one season? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You see this is why i don't watch this show anymore, i get too attached...

(in reply to smile6)
Post #: 19
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 1:23:53 AM   
VincentHanna

Probably my all-time guilty pleasure.
Discovered it when the first season was broadcast on terrestrial TV and was hooked from the first episode.
Have to agree that it fell apart later on, but when it was good, it was the best.
Used to actually talk about it in work! Admittedly not with many people, but still...

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

Post #: 20
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 1:45:10 AM   
smile6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

I'm on the other side, as one of the Pacey & Joey haters. No couple could ever come close to Pacey & Andie. Why did they have to break them up after just one season? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Andie was Pacey's first love, but Joey was his true love. I mean, Andie cheated on him after all he did for her! Joey and Pacey forever!

Andie kinda bugged me. Not as much as Audrey did mind you. Why was Andie written out the show anyway? My friend said it was because the writers felt the actress who played her was too old or something and they wanted rid, was wondering if anyone knew if that was true?

< Message edited by smile6 -- 17/9/2006 1:47:57 AM >

Post #: 21
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 12:05:12 PM   
Art Vandelay

From what i read, the writers and Meredith Monroe just agreed that there was little use for her character anymore. Something that we saw in some of her last episodes. I remember in a Dvd commentary where the writers were talking about how they were planning for Andie & Dawson to get together, which would have given Andie a bigger part in the show. But sadly, that was never to be.

(in reply to smile6)
Post #: 22
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 12:15:47 PM   
Tech_Noir

I loved the first season, second was good too, but it last its charm towards the end.

My favourite episodes have to be the Breakfast Club one and the Halloween one.

Post #: 23
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 6:50:38 PM   
mikioninja

I adore Dawsons Creek, by far and away one of the best Teen Drama's ever!! Plus i spent my teenage years with it!
Pacey was by far and way my most favourite character and season 2/3 still remains the best ones for me! Ended up missing quite of few episodes of seasons 5 and 6 due to its move to channel 5, but still managed to watch the final episode which ahd me in floods of tears!

I did also love Dermot O'Leary's mocking of Dawson it always used to make me chuckle!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 24
RE: Dawson's Creek - 17/9/2006 11:17:00 PM   
beebs_

Dawson was easy to hate on. Easy!

I didn't mind Andie and Pacey. But the build up of Joey and Pacey was just too good! Remember Andie trying to get Pacey to love her again? All of that crazy shit just made it better.

I think I might go look for the DVDs now...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to mikioninja)
Post #: 25
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 2:49:58 AM   
Izzardesque2

Made great hangover television on a Sunday. Crawl from bed onto the sofa, HUGE cup of tea, bacon sarnie and pretty people on tv...

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Post #: 26
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 11:22:22 AM   
Spartacus

One of my many guilty pleasures. Used to wake up hungover on a Sunday morning and watch this in bed. Might have to go DVD hunting now even though I just splurged on Roswell S1 and the west wing S1

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Izzardesque2)
Post #: 27
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 11:25:39 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

One of my many guilty pleasures. Used to wake up hungover on a Sunday morning and watch this in bed. Might have to go DVD hunting now even though I just splurged on Roswell S1 and the west wing S1

I recently purchased this and it has a faulty disc. So, I took it back and the SAME disc is faulty in my new boxset. Just wondering if you found any production fault on yours. I think it was Disc 4.

Back on topic: Dawson's Creek. Aye, those were the Sunday afternoons of teenage angst I remember and love. Pacey was so adorable

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 28
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 12:02:46 PM   
Stillwater

I loved andie!  hands down one of my favourite characters on the show.  Ill never forget the episode where she is seeing her dead brother and cracks up and pacey has to make her come out the bathroom - heartwrenching stuff.    It sucks that they cut andie out the season finale on TV, i was glad to see her back in on the dvd.  Ah back in the days where the weekend used to be free and I didnt have to work

I think its funny that I love a tv show so much when I absolutely detest the two leads -  dawson and joey.  I think the fab support cast saved it - loved jen to bits, pacey was great in the first few seasons but sucked in season 5 & 6 - pacey the stockbroker? WTF?!

steffols - as a thank you i think you should buy me series 1 as a present and then i would have them all! hehe.  what season are you up to?  See now ive finished my greys anatomy box set, i wanna watch some DC!

< Message edited by Stillwater -- 18/9/2006 12:07:35 PM >

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 29
RE: Dawson's Creek - 18/9/2006 1:18:25 PM   
Merly

Oh Aye. I was in love with Pacey. Thought he was utterley awesome

I went to Wilmington in North Carolina and saw some of the show being filmed. They let us walk around the sets at Screen Gem studio's. I walked round the set of the school and Dawson's house.

There was also a book that you could leave messages in. This was when I travelled the states and me and a friend just decided to hop on a greyhound one day and go to Wilmington. We had a great time and bumped into several cast members including James "forehead" Van Der Beek who was proper lovely.

Andy annoyed me too. Sorry I didn't really like her. She and Pacey were cute though I guess. I wanna watch season 6 again so I can see Jensen Ackles cos I don't remeber him ever being in it. Strange.

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dawson's Creek Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI