Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spooks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Spooks Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spooks - 13/9/2006 9:01:45 AM   
Helo

I can't tell you all how much I've been bursting to see the new series begin.  Corking cliffhanger at the end of last series and the new series kicking off with a two-parter as well. Yay!

Looks like another new team member according to official Beeb site, though bear in mind this may not mean too much knowing their reputation for offing main characters at random when they feel like it

Hope they give Zaf a few better stories this series, last time round he was too much on the edge of things, I hope they give him something to really get his teeth in to.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 25/9/2007 3:54:26 PM >

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."
Post #: 1
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 9:17:03 AM   
Timon

Woo and indeed hoo.

Still have to pick up the Season 4 DVD.

Here's hoping Harry is truely bullet proof but Adam didn't look too good at the end of last season. I too would like to see more Zaf and also the return of Tom Quinn and Zoe as well as more Ruth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/

< Message edited by Timon -- 13/9/2006 9:18:56 AM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 2
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 9:21:51 AM   
vikingvampireparrot

Brilliant! Spooks is one of the best shows out there at the moment (along with Hustle, Prison Break and Rome!).

But, one thing, can someone remind me what did happen at the end of the last series, I can't quite recall it!

Yeah, talking monkey. it came from the future, ugly sucker. Only says 'ficus'

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 9:24:35 AM   
Timon

Crazy ex agent accused MI5 of killing Diana...used it to find out where Royal Family would be moved in case of emergency. Shot Adam with a sniper rifle and then episode ended with her shooting at Harry.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to vikingvampireparrot)
Post #: 4
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 11:11:01 AM   
Helo

With that pic from the offical Beeb site it looks like we know what happens with Harry and Adam. Phew.

Bearing that in mind I hereby open the sweeps for 'The Most Likely Main Spooks Bods to Cop it This Season' poll.  IMHO....

most likely to bit the big one!
Jo
Zaf
Adam
Ros (new girl)
Harry
Ruth
Colin
Malcolm
Juliet
least likely

"But it's Swiss!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 11:56:26 AM   
Timon

You can't kill Ruth, Colin or Malcolm. FACT.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 6
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 1:05:54 PM   
Cat5

Exactly Timon! Ruth is great!

Can't wait for this series and glad it's starting off with a two-parter (Sunday and Monday). Brilliant end to last season and if I recall the mad-ex agent was only aiming at Harry and hadn't shot the rifle yet?!

Hopefully this season will be as tightly plotted as the previous ones and although I'm not too sure about Hermione Norris being added to the team, I hope the character brings a strong addition to the team.

Frasier: So you're seeing a man?
Daphne: Only when I close my eyes and concentrate.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 1:39:22 PM   
Spartacus

I'm almost peeing my pants in anticipation here

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 8
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 13/9/2006 4:18:20 PM   
Newander

Can't wiat for this to be back on. I love this show...roll on Sunday

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 9
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 17/9/2006 10:06:54 PM   
Timon

Colin! Noooooooooooooooooo!

I'm distraught. Seriously.

I haven't been on the edge of my seat or moved by a death on TV since Chappelle's exit from 24.

Great episode. Could watch the next one this evening but then what would i do tomorrow?

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 10
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 17/9/2006 10:15:00 PM   
Captain Black

That was pretty harrowing stuff with Colin's death, wasn't it?

Excellent start to the new series.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 11
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 17/9/2006 10:15:04 PM   
Heywood

Yes, a big surprise they bumped off Colin, but as soon as he went out of the office, I suspected he was done for. Very exciting story, if a bit far-fetched. Felt a bit too fast-paced at times, but mustn't grumble. Damn good viewing anyway. Was going to watch second half tomorrow, but am tempted to catch BBC3 now.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 12
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 17/9/2006 10:17:04 PM   
Scruffybobby

An exiciitng start to the season.

Nice to see Jo getting tough. Colin's fate was chilling. I can see Malcolm getting in some revenge - served cold. I've always reckoned he's got a past as  a stone cold killer and we'll get to see that side of him.

The plot's just bit ridiculous though, getting into 24 territory.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 17/9/2006 10:18:04 PM >

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 13
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 17/9/2006 10:33:27 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Colin! Noooooooooooooooooo!

I'm distraught. Seriously.

I haven't been on the edge of my seat or moved by a death on TV since Chappelle's exit from 24.

Great episode. Could watch the next one this evening but then what would i do tomorrow?

I know! He was the guy I least expected to see offed.  Very harrowing stuff.

Someone said that it's getting into 24 territory.  Good.  British TV should have a series to rival America.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 11:24:15 AM   
Helo

Well if anyone had Colin in the sweeps they'd be quids in!

Bit of a shocker that but then again it's never been a show that's shy in bumping off regulars at random. 

Speaking of revenge, how pissed and even more bitter will Juliet be now! 

I think new girl Ros will be very interesting to watch in coming weeks, especially as I don't think we've seen the last of her dad's story either.  Perhaps the Russian mafia stuff will swing him back into the frame before the end of this series.

I was one of the one's that had to stay up and watch part 2 last night on BBCThree... will prob cave in and watch Ep 3 tonight as well.

Was also . worried about the overly fast pacing.  Have always felt Spooks had something over 24 by being that much more down to earth and less connerned with an explosion of gunfight every 10 minutes.  On the plus side I thought Harry was on top show stealing form again, grabbing all the best lines as per usual.  Jo getting all heavy with that fire extinguisher was also a highlight

"But it's Swiss!"

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 15
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 11:26:10 AM   
Mozza

I think Zaf plugging that guy with the baseball bat was pretty cool.  Good to see him doing some ass-kicking.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 16
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 12:49:09 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

That was pretty harrowing stuff with Colin's death, wasn't it?

Excellent start to the new series.

Yes, it was and I never expected that they would kill off someone so early on in the series.

About it being fast paced it seemed as though Adam recovered very quickly from being shot.  Those scenes between him and Ros were good though.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 17
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 1:11:46 PM   
Dr Geek

Faaaannnntaaaasssttiiiccccccc! A couple of great episodes! Didn't even realise the new series was on! Watched the first and that cliffhanger forced me to stay up to watch the other......my work today is suffering but it was worth it!

Poor old Colin, 'You killed Colin ......You Bastards!'

What a horrific way to go!

Nevermind can't wait for the next episode!

'I don't want to belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member.' Woody Allen quoting Groucho Marx
'That Rabbits Dynamite....Brother Maynard, bring
us the Holy Hand grenade' King Arthur
Power to the people who punish bad cinema!

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 18
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 2:14:42 PM   
audreyII

Great start, poor Colin, though he will be missed least I would say. Are they always going to show this on Sunday and Monday or will next week go back to one night? Don't want to watc tonight if there is another cliffhanger and I have to wait a week, may as well wait a week and watch them together. Potential Spoiler (know how some people are spoilerphobic) Though I do have to say the cliffhangers are getting a bit like those off Dr Who, resolved in the first scene in the next episode without too much kerfuffle.

Insanity runs in my family... it practically gallops

(in reply to Dr Geek)
Post #: 19
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 4:03:51 PM   
NadaPlissken

NOT COLIN!

I was CONVINCED with the introduction of a new female character that it would be Ruth's turn, either that or Malcolm committing suicide after his breakdown last series.  Much more affecting that Fiona's death for me, although Danny's still probably takes the biscuit.

I didn't watch the second episode last night, so I hope it isn't a letdown tonight.

Ross Kemp invented Spain.

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 20
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 5:30:12 PM   
Rob

Splendid start to the season.  I had to watch both episodes and good to see Zaff in full on action mode.  Can't believe they killed Colin though.  Really didn't see that one coming.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to NadaPlissken)
Post #: 21
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 5:36:14 PM   
Mozza

I think we have to start a new sweepstakes.  So here goes:

WHO COPS IT NEXT?

Below is Helo's list of characters from before.  Once people start responding with who they think will go next, I'll add their name after the character name.  Simple.

Jo - Peppermint
Zaf
Adam - Helo
Ros (new girl)
Harry
Ruth - Mozza
Malcolm
Juliet

< Message edited by Mozza -- 18/9/2006 7:30:33 PM >

(in reply to NadaPlissken)
Post #: 22
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 5:46:49 PM   
Peppermint

I was thinking Jo might go next, but hopefully by a method less gruesome than having her face shoved in a deep fat fryer.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 23
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 6:38:24 PM   
Mozza

Well, it got the show publicity!

Without chip fat face, will the show be on series 5? I doubt it.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 24
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 7:14:15 PM   
Helo

Gonna go with Adam as next unlucky sod to buy it.  Probably in heroic fashion in season finale.

"But it's Swiss!"

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 25
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 8:35:26 PM   
Heywood

Peter Firth (who plays Harry) was interviewed on Simon Mayo's show earlier today on Five Live. He wouldn't say who else got killed this season, but there were some pretty heavy hints. Anyone who doesn't mind SPOILERS can download the interview here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/mayo.shtml

The potential spoilers are about half way through the 25 minute section.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 26
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 8:37:45 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

I think we have to start a new sweepstakes.  So here goes:

WHO COPS IT NEXT?

Below is Helo's list of characters from before.  Once people start responding with who they think will go next, I'll add their name after the character name.  Simple.

Jo - Peppermint
Zaf
Adam - Helo
Ros (new girl)
Harry
Ruth - Mozza
Malcolm
Juliet

I'll go with my brother from another mother Zaf. It just wouldn't be TV/film if they didn't kill all the ethnics.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 27
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 9:03:23 PM   
Mozza

In fairness, the "ethnics" have a good survival rate.  Danny made it to series 3!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 18/9/2006 10:10:08 PM   
Timon

Yes but as the villainous Jensen said, "Who looks like a terrorist?"

I can see Zaf's ethnicity becoming a core problem this season what with all the distrust of Asian types these days. Have you seen the news regarding airport searches being strickly done by racial profiling? And that 1 in 6 people are nervous about sitting next to someone of an Asian appearance on a bus/train? Oh well, just means we get the whole seat to ourself.......

I forsee Zaf being the casulty of friendly fire due to some bigotted police office/CIA officer/MI6 officer.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 29
RE: Spooks - New Series 18.9.06 - 19/9/2006 6:36:10 PM   
Zatoichi

Looks like he could snuff it next episode, if the teaser at the end of last night's anything to go by.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Spooks Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI