Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Xbox 360 thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox 360 thread Page: <<   < prev  542 543 [544] 545 546   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 18/1/2013 8:43:32 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Router is sat there with a PC, a laptop and a PS3 all using it. The PC is wired, the others are wireless. It never causes any issues. 360 is wired, but today tells me it can't find the IP address. Now the thing is last time it told me the internet connection was fine, and the connection to Live was the problem. Then the day before it said the router was causing the problem. Since it cant seem to make up its mind and no other issues have turned up with a fairly reliable connection for everything else we have... I figure the XBox is doing this. Its just reeling of potential stuff automatically instead of really being able to diagnose the problem. Are these things prone to wearing out? I checked the ethernet leads and they are attached properly. Its annoying since I don't think its ever been a problem in all these years.

Could you try your Xbox on someone else's router?

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

< Message edited by Chief -- 18/1/2013 8:44:14 AM >

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 16291
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 18/1/2013 9:55:30 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

Router is sat there with a PC, a laptop and a PS3 all using it. The PC is wired, the others are wireless. It never causes any issues. 360 is wired, but today tells me it can't find the IP address. Now the thing is last time it told me the internet connection was fine, and the connection to Live was the problem. Then the day before it said the router was causing the problem. Since it cant seem to make up its mind and no other issues have turned up with a fairly reliable connection for everything else we have... I figure the XBox is doing this. Its just reeling of potential stuff automatically instead of really being able to diagnose the problem. Are these things prone to wearing out? I checked the ethernet leads and they are attached properly. Its annoying since I don't think its ever been a problem in all these years.

Could you try your Xbox on someone else's router?

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Have you considered LED?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16292
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 18/1/2013 10:12:31 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Have you tried resetting the router? If you have then have you tried connecting just your xbox to the router, unplug all other devices/don't connect them via wi-fi.

Your IP issue could be down to something as simple as your router not distributing IP addresses properly and is giving two devices the same one.

If you just connect the xbox to the router and all works fine, then you turn the xbox off, re-connect everything else and image xbox then doesn't work, you would be wise to look at manually defining the IP address for your Xbox. If you google how to do that you'll find its rather straight forward, just make sure you don't use one already in use. You actually set this up via the xbox not the router or your computer so it's quite easy, although manually defining IPs. Via your router would stop the problem ever rearing its head again if this is indeed the issue

Manually entering DNS settings could work also, it would be worth trying either Open DNS' settings or Google's DNS settings. Again these are entered on th Xbox.

Is it a new S model or an old Xbox 360? Are you able to try wi-fi instead of Ethernet?

Finally as chief says try a different Ethernet cable be also a different Ethernet socket on your router.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 16293
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 18/1/2013 10:15:58 PM   
rich

Thanks I will check out these options. Ethernet cables cost basically nothing. It's the old model so no wi-fi without spending more money.

quote:

Have you considered LED?

I am forever considering 1080p in LED

< Message edited by rich -- 18/1/2013 10:16:47 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 16294
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 11:05:46 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I signed up to the NowTV offer yesterday, think I'll stick it out and pay for a month also, £8.99 for 2400 points is a rather decent deal.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 16295
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 11:13:48 AM   
borstal

I was gutted when I saw the offer on Hotukdeals last week. I got the months trial before xmas so missed out on the free points

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 16296
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 2:38:03 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Did you with up through the Xbox or the website? To get the points you have to do it through the website and there's no connection to your console or gamer tag so it's possible you could sign up again with a different email or the other half's name or something.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 16297
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 3:42:26 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Did you with up through the Xbox or the website? To get the points you have to do it through the website and there's no connection to your console or gamer tag so it's possible you could sign up again with a different email or the other half's name or something.

Got a link my good man?

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 16298
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 4:44:45 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

http://www.nowtv.com/xbox

Just enter the code XBOXOFFER on the third page of the sign up process. If you have any kind of existing Sky account e.g. Sky Go you need to use a different email address (not a dodgy work around it's actually mentioned in their FAQ)

You just need to make sure one of your two registered devices is your Xbox (just sign into the Now TV app on your xbox after creating your account) and you need to watch at least 90 mins in your free trial through the Xbox (so a whole one film) to get your 800 points. If you only want to do the free trial and get the 800 points posted to you, you just need to log in to the Now TV website and turn off auto renewal before the 30 days is up).

If you want the further 1600 points posting out to you, you just need to pay for 1 month after your trial. Fortunately with the offer the first month is only £8.99 instead of £15 (as are the second and third month if you choose to continue to pay).

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 16299
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 6:45:46 PM   
kata

Cheers SHP.

£8.99 for 2400 points is a steal. Sure I'll find some way to watch 90 mins worth of stuff.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 16300
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 19/1/2013 7:15:02 PM   
borstal

bah I give up.

Registered a new email online but when I go through xbox it wont let me watch and says to go to a web address which then asks me to sign up and I have to go through it again.

I uninstalled everything on the xbox from nowtv but its still not having it. Those freeboe points would have been nice but I guess Ive already had the trial so fair enough.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 16301
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 21/1/2013 8:47:29 AM   
Chief

I signed up for it last week and I'll also stick it out for one paid month to get the points. There's no way I'll pay £15 for it though, it's just not worth it compared to Lovefilm.

(in reply to Kelly)
Post #: 16302
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 23/1/2013 8:52:16 AM   
sroey

Anybody tried the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo?

I had high hopes but thought the controls were bloody awful! Plus the game looked dull...

Could this be a platinum games mis-step?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16303
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 23/1/2013 10:19:12 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I had high hopes but thought the controls were bloody awful! Plus the game looked dull...

I had a quick blast on it last night and thought it was godawful. The controls were indeed shit, I never felt in control of the camera and the game in general felt quite dull - more hack 'n slash which has been done far better recently with the new DmC.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 16304
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 23/1/2013 12:44:11 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Sounds like Platinum Games followed the guidelines set by the previous games in the series perfectly. God awful all of them.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 16305
RE:Tesco stupid cheap 12 month live offer - 30/1/2013 2:33:09 PM   
borstal

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-live-12-months-plus-1-bonus-month-black-ops-2-avatar-hat-14-50-tesco-instore-1460952?page=10#comments

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16306
RE: Female Batman Avatars Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 11:57:44 AM   
Chief

The dreaded gaming apathy has struck again. I just can't be bothered playing games anymore, I'd rather watch TV.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 16307
RE: Female Batman Avatars Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:08:31 PM   
talpacino

quote:

The dreaded gaming apathy has struck again. I just can't be bothered playing games anymore, I'd rather watch TV.

I play about an hour of Battlefield a week and that's pretty much it. The love is gone a while now, can't get it back.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16308
RE: Female Batman Avatars Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:12:33 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

I play about an hour of Battlefield a week and that's pretty much it. The love is gone a while now, can't get it back.

Same here pretty much. Haven't switched my 360 on in earnest this year I don't think. I've a good bundle of games I haven't played yet and even when I'm bored shitless it never crosses my mind to switch on the old Xbox. If I play anything these days it's likely to be a bit of Borderlands 2 on the PC.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 8/2/2013 12:15:24 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 16309
RE: Female Batman Avatars Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:15:23 PM   
jcthefirst

I've actually just come out of a bout of the old apathy. The only game I really played last year was The Walking Dead.

At the minute really enjoying Hitman and replaying Dead Space 2. Got Dead Space 3 arriving from lovefilm today hopefully.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 16310
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:16:22 PM   
Chief

Just looking at upcoming releases and, well, still nothing. Maybe that Walking Dead game that's coming out later.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16311
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:29:26 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I dunno, Bioshock Infinite is nearly here. I fucking love Bioshock, me.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16312
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:33:33 PM   
borstal

Seems like an epidemic. Ive not loved videogames for some time now (since around July last year).

Hitman got my interest back and I have booted up BF3 a few times lately but having just picked up DS3 and hoping Aliens CM (when is out?  ) is good I fancy that I may find love again.

Being an old dog with a sexy wife and 3 kids means my game time is very much reduced but you young nippers all gay and free shouldnt be wasting your time going out and such. Sit in, grow a stink and play videogames!

Now Pacino me lad, you did promise we would L4D sometime soon too!

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 16313
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:47:17 PM   
talpacino

That weekend you're free, I'm up for Zombie killing on Friday but I'll be out for Smartian's going away (Don't leave me! )on the Saturday. I might actually pick up Aliens because it's y'know Aliens so I'll be up for that too.

Currahee!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 16314
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:55:24 PM   
borstal

If we do get Aliens you know there is no way Geest will be playing anything but that dont you? Also be prepared to hear him recite the full script if you co-op with him.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 16315
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 12:59:45 PM   
talpacino

I'm down for an Aliens quote off. I'm sure we can manage to squeeze in a bit of both on the weekend anyhoooo.

Currahee!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 16316
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 1:00:39 PM   
borstal

Muchos concurage senior

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 16317
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 1:01:12 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

That weekend you're free, I'm up for Zombie killing on Friday but I'll be out for Smartian's going away (Don't leave me! )on the Saturday. I might actually pick up Aliens because it's y'know Aliens so I'll be up for that too.

Prison?

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 16318
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 1:03:30 PM   
talpacino

No prison walls can keep my love from reaching him! A few continents might though. Ahhhoooooo hooooooo...

Currahee!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16319
RE: Xbox 360 thread - 8/2/2013 1:25:52 PM   
Chief

I've tried to reply to this a few times but Empire is being weird.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 16320
Page:   <<   < prev  542 543 [544] 545 546   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox 360 thread Page: <<   < prev  542 543 [544] 545 546   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI