Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Entourage - No Repeats?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 13/1/2007 12:49:27 AM   
My Life in Pictures

***Slight SPOILERS about season 2***

I started this show a few weeks ago. I enjoyed Season 1. Thought it was some good light-hearted television. Johnny Drama is a great character and Turtle is a good "side-kick" for him so I downloaded Season 2. I don't know if it's because I'm a superhero fan but I absolutely loved Season 2. Thought it was near faltless television and I finished the enitre season in around 3 days. Oh my God, Ari is hilarious. Head and shoulders above the rest of the cast. Piven is superb in the role and I especially love his chemistry with his new male secretary and how he dealt with his crisis near the end of the season (probably my favourite episode yet). Loved seeing all the Aquaman build-up, the whole Sundance thing, the few clips of Queens Boulavard (for some reason I really want to see that movie), Drama's auditions and I've even grown to like E. His banter with Ari is pretty funny and he's got some good chemistry with Vince. I'm now a few episodes into Season 3 and it's continued where it left off. A fantastic show.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 31
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 14/1/2007 1:51:41 PM   
Art Vandelay

Oh yeah, Seasons 2 & 3 were a big step up from the 1st Season. Its just continues to improve and improve.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 32
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 14/1/2007 3:14:52 PM   
Timon

Yay, it returns tonight on ITV2

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 33
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 4:48:17 PM   
Timon

Yay, it's back on US tv.

Let the downloading commence.

The boys are back.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 34
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 4:58:33 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Is this the US Speed thread? I very much enjoyed it's return. Glad to see Ari still schemeing.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 5:38:00 PM   
Art Vandelay

What? Its back! Must. Download. Now.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

Post #: 36
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 5:56:29 PM   
beebs_

Yeah, it's back. I love Ari and Drama. I want Drama to get all the success this season! He's worth it!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 37
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 6:08:58 PM   
Timon

Yeah but we all know he won't. Bless him for trying so hard to pick up chicks though in front of his own billboard.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 38
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 15/4/2007 9:43:26 PM   
beebs_

I guess I want Drama to get some love. He deserves it! Poor stupid Drama.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 39
RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! - 16/4/2007 2:38:51 PM   
beebs_

Last nights episode was good stuff. Forget all the Vince/Eric stuff. It's all about Turtle and Drama and especially about Ari and Llyod. I loved it.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 40
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 16/4/2007 4:29:49 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Lloyd and Ari have the funniest relationship!

Their half of the episode was fantastic. I think this was the first time in a while where Ari had nothing to do with Vince and the guys. Have to say it worked really well and I'm glad their characters still get given attention from the writers. The Vince, Eric stuff was pretty boring but Turtle and Drama were given another solid story line.

Great return so far. Even though the main storyline hasn't progressed much there's been some great moments.

I'm guessing we're using this thread as the US Speed one.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 41
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 17/4/2007 2:45:13 PM   
Timon

Great episode. Loved that Ari actually felt bad about 'whoring' out Lloyd. I love those guy's relationship.

Amusing stuff with Drama and Turtle while Eric is quickly coming the least interesting character which is a shame.

Post #: 42
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 23/4/2007 12:47:53 PM   
DJ Satan

Wow! I only just started watching this show and caught up on all three seasons in a couple of weeks. Now I'm having withdrawl until I d/l Ep 15.

So who else really, really wants to see James Cameron's Aquaman?

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 43
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 23/4/2007 1:53:23 PM   
DJ Satan

Just seen the latest episode. Wow! Amanda is hot. What a great start.

Ari steals the show as usual. I still can't work out the relationship with his wife. He treats her like that and she's still his fiist wife? And she's the one with the money. I just can't get my head round it but they do have some sweet moments together.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 44
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 23/4/2007 1:59:56 PM   
beebs_

I just watched it. Hee hee. Ari is the man. His relationship with his wife is... he guns her, treats her bad and is dismissive... but he loves her. She can give as good as she gets too. I like Mrs. Ari.

But yeah he stole the show as usual.

I knew Amanda and Vince were gonna end up in bed together. Ha! For once I'm liking what Vince is doing.

Bring on next week.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 45
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 24/4/2007 12:38:38 AM   
My Life in Pictures

Another quality episode.

Ari is quickly becoming one of my favourite ever television characters. I love the development of his character and his relationships with everyone around him. Lloyd and his wife chat together about Ari. For some reason I found that hilarious.

Best line in the show for a long time expertly delivered by Johnny Drama: "I would buy a diseased fish from her."

I was thinking the same thing.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 24/4/2007 12:39:18 AM >

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 46
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 24/4/2007 9:33:05 AM   
Timon

Dear God, I'm in love with Carla Gugino.

Post #: 47
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 30/4/2007 2:58:54 PM   
My Life in Pictures

So we finally get a Johnny Drama centric episode and his parts of the episode were fantastic. Gotta love his reaction just before getting into the ring.

It seems like Amanda and Vince are going to hook up. You just know it's going to end badly and I had a feeling that they'd get together when I first saw her. I'm caring less and less about his side of the story though. It's very much the Ari and Drama show.

Speaking of which, Ari's story was a little pointless I felt. It wasn't really a satisfying use of his time. I guess they're trying to develop him more but I didn't really care about his old college friend. Keep him in the office with Lloyd please.

Overall Drama aside it was a pretty ordinary episode. I like that it's taken the foot off the gas somewhat but I'm hoping we get some filmmaking/Ari action soon. We don't even know what film Vince is going to be making at the end of the season. My guess would my Medellín. Ari get to work!

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 30/4/2007 3:00:07 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 48
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 30/4/2007 3:38:03 PM   
beebs_

It was a bit of a filler episode wasn't it? I'm not saying that I didn't find it funny because I did, nothing has really happened with respect to Vince's next job, Ari and Vince working together again...

I hope that Drama's pilot is a success!

I did miss Lloyd this episode, but I like Mrs. Ari and it was good to see her playing a larger role in an episode.

"Paramasturbatory"?

Post #: 49
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 1/5/2007 12:52:43 PM   
DJ Satan

I liked it. They developed some of the more minor characters a bit more. Vince and Amanda looked so cute together. I agree that it will end up badly and will drive Vince back to Ari - probably in time for the last episode.

The Drama story was amusing but a little bit too predicatable. As for the Ari story - Well they need to keep him in view and any story where we see missus Ari in her underwear has to be good. 

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 50
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 1/5/2007 12:54:38 PM   
Timon

To hell with Mrs Ari, more Amanda in her underwear.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 51
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 2/5/2007 12:14:40 AM   
beebs_

No hating on Mrs. Ari!

I just want the Ari/Vince reunion asap!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 52
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 8/5/2007 12:50:25 PM   
My Life in Pictures

So we finally get down to business. It's times like this when it's a shame each episode is only 30mins long.

I felt the Vince/Amanda relationship was sort of speedtracked so that it could end by the end of this episode. It felt a little anticlimatic compared to when Vince left Ari.

So I was wrong about Medellín. It was good that Ari wanted to get the deal for Vince. He knew how badly they wanted it and you could definately tell the difference between him and Amanda towards the film.

It's hard to comment on this episode because a lot happened but nothing is really discussable. Had it been spread around 2 episodes we could have gone into detail about work/client relationships, Ari's relationship with Vince (this was the first time they've even seen each other in a while and it was pretty much glossed over) and some more studio/agent dealings. Even Drama's horse story was by the numbers.

I guess Ari and Vince will reunite next episode and start to find a new project. Hopefully while that's going on Drama and his show will get some action too.

Overall I'm happy the show finally got a move on in progressing the arc. I just didn't expect it to progress that quickly in one episode.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 53
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 8/5/2007 12:53:36 PM   
Timon

I loved it. The whole Ari 'doing the best for Vince' storyline was great especially during the most holy of Jewish holidays.

Some great one liners between the guys at Drama's expense and a great episode. Sorry to see Amanda go but it means Ari may be back. Woohoo.

Post #: 54
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 8/5/2007 5:35:40 PM   
DJ Satan

I was disappointed. It all seemed very formulaic.
They had a big deal that needed to be set up by some artificial deadline and everyone is refusing to talk to each other.
They offered Vince Medillian and then yanked it again.

We've seen both those storylines so many times before.

I know there's no hating on Mrs. Ari but that dress was awful.

I'm also not sure about the Vince Amanda relationship. It seems awfully rushed. And I'm not sure if goodbye at the end was a final goodbye or not. I was expecting more of an ultimatum - Agent or girlfriend - not both. Plus we all know Vince doesn't like being dumped.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 55
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 16/5/2007 3:41:34 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Now that was a much better episode. Some real developments to make the show different.

Vince and Eric have risked all to produce Medellín. God knows they're out of their depths so it's going to be interesting to see if the pull it off. With Ari back on their side we finally have some decent Vince career arc to look forward to. Aquaman feels an age ago.

I'm so pleased Drama finally has a success on his hands. Thought his part of the episode was fantastic, getting to see Drama and what makes him tick. He's going to be the successful Chase brother now so we've got also got a new dynamic to look forward to. Also it wouldn't be Drama if he doesn't hilariously make an ass of himself on the way.

And not to be left behind Turtle finally has a real potential girlfriend to interact with. They're actually pretty good together with thier love of trainers and everything.

Looks like everything is changing for our Entourage boys. It should be interesting.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 16/5/2007 3:42:31 PM >

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 56
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 16/5/2007 5:16:55 PM   
Timon

Everything is going well for everyone.

VICTORY! for Drama, possibility of Turtle actually not having to pay for sex and Vince and E getting their mits of Medellin.

I reckon the dream won't last though.....methinks Medellin could ruin Vince and he has to rebuild his career. Perhaps the roles of Drama and Vince will be reversed, perhaps Drama will become the bread winner looking after his little bro rather than vice versa.

Post #: 57
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 22/5/2007 12:24:16 AM   
Phil884

Well, not an overly gripping episode but Johnny Drama is, as always, the best thing about it. Anyway, how's the season to end? Hopefully with Vince doing Medeeian (spelling?) after sleeping with the producers's wife? No film, then Vince must be broke. Been a long time since Aquaman?

< Message edited by Phil884 -- 22/5/2007 10:08:25 AM >

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 58
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 10/6/2007 4:28:59 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Season 2 is being repeated on ITV2 every day next week starting tomorrow.  I missed some of the episodes so i can't wait!

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 59
RE: Entourage - US Speed - 10/6/2007 6:41:59 PM   
krudler

so there IS an entourage thread,curse you empire search engine!!!!!!!!!!!

great show though

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Entourage - No Repeats?! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI