Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Mummy Returns... Again

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Mummy Returns... Again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Mummy Returns... Again - 8/9/2006 10:56:32 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 8/9/2006 10:56:32 AM   
jamesjamiesargent

Why???? The Mummy Returns was so bad that I never bothered with The Scorpion King. Why should I bother with this???

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 8/9/2006 11:30:57 AM   
fanappy

it makes no sense 2 make a third, all the ends were tied up and should be left tied up and this film should never to see the light of day, esp. with out Sommers. Come on Hollywood where is all the inspiration new films not more sequels

Post #: 3
RE: The Mummy Returns... Again - 8/9/2006 11:38:29 AM   
iainthekid

It remains to be seen, but if Fraser is the only star to return and Sommers isn't directing (not that I think he's that good anyway), this could fall into a straight to video low budget disaster....  Bad idea all round.

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Post #: 4
SEVEN YEARS is too long. - 8/9/2006 11:42:39 AM   
oki9Sedo

There won't be much interest in it.

Post #: 5
RE: SEVEN YEARS is too long. - 8/9/2006 12:19:12 PM   
kumar

i'd see it, although i have no clue whats happening. steven somers IS NOT DIRECTING so thats pretty good i think!!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to oki9Sedo)
Post #: 6
Maybe - 8/9/2006 12:37:26 PM   
Cethan

Maybe they had Breadan Fraser's Character go on an unmummy related adventure. I would watch it

Post #: 7
- 8/9/2006 1:35:46 PM   
Masked Dave

The Mummy.
The Mummy Returns.
The Mummy Forever?

Which of course means we get unfortunate mess of a film that will be The Mummy and Robin before going back several years later for the an awesome prequel The Mummy Begins.

Post #: 8
Tee hee - I like that - 8/9/2006 2:43:21 PM   
davidpanik

Rachel Weisz probably won't be returning for The Mummy 3 and then the next story: Rachel Weisz is a Smart Person. Do you did that on purpose Empire!

Post #: 9
- 8/9/2006 4:00:54 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

The Mummy remain Sommers' sole good movie.

I like Brendan Fraser, but it'll be pointless to just rehash Imhotep once more and I'd be surprised if Weisz returned.

Post #: 10
- 8/9/2006 5:50:16 PM   
bagrot1

Stephen Sommers directed a great B monster movie 'Deep Rising'

Post #: 11
back again - 8/9/2006 6:31:04 PM   
jemba

i'd go and see it even though it has been a long time. they are both good action, comedy, adventure movies. not scorpion king though that was rubbish

Post #: 12
EXCELENT (CUE AIR GUITAR PLAYING) - 9/9/2006 1:06:11 AM   
clarkkent

im lookin forward to this! Fraiser is a great actor (just watch his eps of scrubs for proof! i cried like a child when he died!) and im not so sure about wiez turning it down! Didnt she recently get booed at her latest film? Shes done a risk movie now its maybe time to do something safe! Maybe they could do a film with Fraiser's character exploring with his son! (altho not the annoying kid from returns!) but surely they need some kind of mummy related villian for this too actually work as the mummy three? And just so you all know THANK GOD SOMMERS ISNT GETTING WORK ANYMORE! VAN HELSING WAS SHIT, BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC IF NOT FOR SOMMERS INVOLVEMENT IN THE WHOLE BLOODY TRAINWRECK OF A FILM!

Post #: 13
RE: The Mummy Returns... Again - 9/9/2006 10:53:06 AM   
Daniel Kelly

Yeah doesn't sound to good. Didnt like The Muummy movies that much anyway and the only piece of work Sommers did that I am fond of is Van Helsing and thats only because its so bad its good!

www.danlandmovvies.blogspot.com

Post #: 14
"Cut him down!" - 9/9/2006 3:51:49 PM   
boredbluekoala

I loved the Mummy movies, and if you watch the second one it's an object lesson in how to do a proper summer blockbuster, it has humour and story and a big action sequence about once every 10 minutes. Too bad Sommers aint gonna be back, I heard he might have been working on a remake of Jason and the Argonauts?

Post #: 15
- 9/9/2006 7:02:55 PM   
ukedge87

I liked The Mummy and I enjoy Smallville so a combination of the both should be good. However, my only complaint would be that Smallville is sometimes very linear, whereas the Mummy 1 & 2 never had this problem, lets hope that this is the case for the closing chapter, rather than a dry predicatable kids film (a 15 cert would be nice).

Post #: 16
- 9/9/2006 10:14:53 PM   
02PARSIM

I'll admit we don't need a new Mummy movie at all, actually we didn't need The Mummy Returns. Does this mean I'll give The Mummy 3 a miss? No! Of course I'll watch it. I loved both of the movies and they were what cinema desperately needs, light entertainment. Pirates did it well and The Mummy as well. With Indiana 4 seemingly taking forever we might as well go for the alternatives. It'll be pure pop corn entertainment. :(

Post #: 17
hmmm... - 14/9/2006 3:57:48 PM   
bananahammock88

i'm a little less than enthusiastic about this one. but, having said that i enjoyed (and own actually) both previous mummies. so, i won't say this is a waste of time coz it's not, it's not needed, but if it turns out alright it'll be worth going 2 see it.

Post #: 18
RE: - 16/9/2006 7:33:58 AM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: fanappy

it makes no sense 2 make a third, all the ends were tied up and should be left tied up and this film should never to see the light of day, esp. with out Sommers. Come on Hollywood where is all the inspiration new films not more sequels

I can understand them wanting to cash in on a third but like the article says.  Brendan Fraser is not the big star people thought he'd be after the Mummy films also its been 7 or 8 years since the last one.  Maybe i'd go and c this but i dunno...i personally liked the other films.

(in reply to fanappy)
Post #: 19
RE: RE: - 17/9/2006 3:24:36 AM   
LucidDreams

Maybe, just maybe, Sean Connery could play his father. He'll run away from boulders and such and... ah nevermind, it'll never work. Quite frankly I can see this film going the same way as every other '3rd in the series!' movie lately. Over bloated, over the top with SFX, lacking in plot(s), full of holes and leaving you wondering why they haven't stopped already. I won't believe this film will be worth watching until it comes out, hopefully it'll prove me wrong and be a great romp, more than likely it'll crash and burn as far as quality goes, but still cash in.

A writer lives, at best, in a state of astonishment. Beneath any feeling he has of the good or the evil of the world lies a deeper one of wonder at it all. To transmit that feeling, he writes.

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 20
Indy VI - 19/9/2006 8:33:32 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

You lot arnt saying no to indy four are you and that will be 25 years since last one...or even when the first star wars trilogy finished, like 2 dacades later and we got another trilogy, you lot wenrt moaning about another trilogy, and return of the jedi did falter slightly...so there.....

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Mummy Returns... Again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI