Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Extras - Second series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Extras - Second series Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 8:51:18 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I know it hasn't started yet but I am really excited about this.

Next Thursday (14th) at 9pm on BBC2.  First episode starring Orlando Bloom and Keith Chegwin (who, apparently, is fantastic)

I never watched the first series when it was originally on but have caught the numerous repeats and have loved it.   Completely different from The OFfice but still has those cringeworthy moments. 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=
Post #: 1
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 8:56:52 PM   
Art Vandelay

Can't Wait! The first Season was a lot better than i first expected it to be, and it looks like they've got an even more impressive list of Celebrities this year. Can't wait for Harry Potter to turn up!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 2
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 8:57:05 PM   
Castor Troy

Literally cannot wait. I'm so glad it's starting so soon. It looks interesting in how they've developed Andy doing the sitcom he never wanted to do - but sometimes I think it's just too similar to Gervais' own life and personality.

Here are the trailers:

The first

And the second

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

Post #: 3
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 8:59:43 PM   
grissom

sorry, but, IMO, gervais is very over-rated and so is Extras.

"There are two things you never want to let people see how you make 'em: laws and sausages."

"You think I'm so desperate to save my ass I'm gonna roll over on Jed Bartlet? I take a bullet for the president, he doesn't take one for me."

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 9:00:00 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Here are the trailers:

The first

And the second

especially the second one.  Hadn't seen those before

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 5
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 9:02:37 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Woo! Here we go! Gervais is always great value and I eagerly anticipate more hearty laughs.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

Post #: 6
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 9:02:57 PM   
GhostWriter

I'm look forward to this and I'm so glad it's just around the corner. My only concern is that it each episode contains too many cameos so it becomes spot the celebrity. But I'm sure Gervais and Merchant know what they're doing.

I

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

Post #: 7
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 9:46:57 PM   
lord of the pies

I loved the first series this one looks as if it will be just as good. 

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to GhostWriter)
Post #: 8
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 10:05:40 PM   
King_Wah

Very excited about this. Came around sooner than I thought.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 9
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 10:07:41 PM   
Mikey C

With this series being about writing and acting in a sitcom, does it not run the risk of being self-indulgent arse that's hard to relate to? I'm hoping it teeters on the side of post-modern self-referential genius, myself, but you never know.

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 10
RE: Extras - Second series - 6/9/2006 10:15:24 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikey C

With this series being about writing and acting in a sitcom, does it not run the risk of being self-indulgent arse that's hard to relate to? I'm hoping it teeters on the side of post-modern self-referential genius, myself, but you never know.

But we haven't all got experience of desperately seeking fame on the set of film and TV as an extra - as seen in Series 1. It's the characters and human experiences in these situations that we relate to.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 11
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:38:49 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Shameless *bump* (to also stop another thread being started) #

Tonight peeps

Post #: 12
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:52:28 AM   
Base

Excellent, was disappointed that I was dumb enough to think it started last week and recorded a (admittedly still funny) re-run...!

Anyone see the clip of Daniel Radcliffe trying to pull Maggie on Jonathon Ross.  Will never see Harry Potter the same way

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 13
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:56:48 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base
Anyone see the clip of Daniel Radcliffe trying to pull Maggie on Jonathon Ross.  Will never see Harry Potter the same way

Yes and I laughed out loud at that.  Can't wait to see it

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 14
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 10:06:08 AM   
Sinatra

Sky+ is set!!!!

Post #: 15
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 11:36:39 AM   
demondemon

why do they have to ruin it and tell us who is on every episode?

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 16
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 12:19:33 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

To get the audiences in.

I can't wait, I really can't. I was watching the Patrick Stewart episode when it was repeated and it just reminded me how brilliant the show is. It definately grew on me over time. There are lots of little things I didn't pick up on first time round (mainly Larry David-isms which he doesn't do as good as Larry David). It'd be amazing if Karl Pilkington made an appearance.

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 17
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 1:58:07 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

Oh, the irony

*cough*LOST SPOILERBOY*cough*

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 18
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 7:01:38 PM   
audreyII

Trailers look promising, what's with that lingering look between Andy & Maggie??
I loved the Patrick Stewart episode, I missed most of it the first time as I was just couldn't stop laughing after he tells Andy the "plot" of his film. It's making me laugh just thinking about it, hope we get more of that!

Insanity runs in my family... it practically gallops

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 19
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:37:56 PM   
bub

That was really tragic when Gervais was looking at all the idiots with catchphrases on their shirts

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 20
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:38:54 PM   
TobiasFunke

Excellent first episode 2nite imo, even Orlando Bloom was tolerable and Keith Chegwin was brilliant! The laugh out loud moment for me was Andy's speech about dignity followed by the contents of 'Barry's jacket spilling out onto the floor  Can't wait for next week's Bowie appearance!

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 21
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:40:17 PM   
King_Wah

I thought it was ok. Loved the Lenny Henry gag. Obviously going to be more of a narrative running through this series. The poignant moment was him seeing Maggie's reaction and staring in to space knowing he'd sold out.

As for the guests. Bit of a non event really. The lovely Liza aside.

< Message edited by King_Wah -- 14/9/2006 9:41:38 PM >

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 22
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:41:19 PM   
Zebra

Great start to the series!

Keith Chegwin was sheer genius!!!  

"If its wet drink it!

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 23
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:43:28 PM   
RockyWilcox

Thought it was pretty good. Laughed a lot when Merchant went to guess which took it up the arse and then when he told Barry that Andy would be going ahead with the show. 

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Zebra)
Post #: 24
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:43:30 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Wah

The lovely Liza aside.

I like Liza

My favourite line was between Andy and Maggie when he had phoned to make sure she was going to the show.  I do think that the chemistry between them is great and I'm worried that they are working towards bringing them together (hence the lingering look between them in the trailer).  Hope this doesn't happen.

Orlando Bloom was okay and Cheggars was funny.

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 25
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:52:56 PM   
King_Wah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

My favourite line was between Andy and Maggie when he had phoned to make sure she was going to the show.  I do think that the chemistry between them is great and I'm worried that they are working towards bringing them together (hence the lingering look between them in the trailer).  Hope this doesn't happen.

They do work well together. I heard Gervais likened the double act to a sort of Laurel and Hardy, I'm with Stupid, type of relationship and they have it just right. I think Gervais and Merchant are clever enough not to spin that 'will they, won't they' line as a tease. Their comedy is not about that.

Post #: 26
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 9:56:21 PM   
Castor Troy

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. I thought it tried too hard to concentrate on Andy and his selling out, and jokes with Maggie that have been done loads before about her being unattractive.

The funniest bit was:

"Willy Wonka? Johnny Wanker."

Post #: 27
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 10:00:36 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

I missed most of it  The bits I did see though were funny, I liked it when Keith Chegwin tried to 'act' and then said that totally bad line about Jews & Queers I am surprise the BBC let that one in, I wonder if people are going to see the funny side or if theres going to be some complaints about that.
There were loads of celebrities there tonight, totally different from Series 1 where they just had the 1 special celebrity.
I wish I had see the Barry/Shaun bit my mum has been talking to me about it and how funny it is. I have to say aside the two main characters Barry is funny as well as his agent

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 28
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 10:00:51 PM   
King_Wah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. I thought it tried too hard to concentrate on Andy and his selling out, and jokes with Maggie that have been done loads before about her being unattractive.

I thought that strand was overplayed as well.

Post #: 29
RE: Extras - Second series - 14/9/2006 11:21:39 PM   
Mikey C

Yeah, it was alright.

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Extras - Second series Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI