Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 11:24:26 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

You shouldn't try and promote your film solely on the fact it's very very "gory" or very very "violent".

It should be about ideas, characters, maybe even originality (if there is such a thing anymore).

Works for everybody else (Saw, Hostel, even Grindhouse)

But we're talking about a small British short, not a studio-backed exploitation feature.

He seems to have a decent budget, you can make something really good with £5,000 (that's more money than I had with any of my shorts).

I was referring more to how people buy into that kind of thing as opposed to the people who make it. It's like when there's a warning at the start of a film or TV show that it contains explicit language/violence/sex - most people keep watching

Most of these low budget splatter fests are more about having a bit of fun than contributing anything to a genre anyway. I believe any film can be improved by 15% if it has an exploding head in it. Personally, I feel that's what films like Citizen Kane and L'avventura are missing.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 61
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 16/5/2007 10:58:11 AM   
Evessa

Hey jamdodge just wanted to wish you luck with the film and i hope you have every success with it  can wait to see it!

"I know, egg and my face were in alignment" -

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 62
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 16/5/2007 3:42:13 PM   
jamdodge1

Thanks for your encoruagment, some of you may be skeptical but believe me I've gone along way from those pathetic test shots. And I'm not a kid either, I left college a long time ago.

I'm not trying to promote the film for being violent and nothing else, it has a story and it has a professional look but I'm saying the violence is far more than any over pretentious shitfest like Hostel, The Devil's Rejects or Saw II.

(in reply to Evessa)
Post #: 63
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 16/5/2007 4:50:47 PM   
CURIOUS_GEORGE

You got anything new to back up these new words?

www.georgehorne.co.uk

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 64
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 12:19:35 PM   
Evessa

How are we going to get to see this film, will it be on major release or will we be able to download it from somewhere? Maybe Empire could get in on the action?

"I know, egg and my face were in alignment" -

(in reply to CURIOUS_GEORGE)
Post #: 65
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 1:56:03 PM   
jamdodge1

There is an IMDb page for it but it won't be released until 2009 so there's little or no information on it. The film stars a close friend who completed acting school while I was in film school, his name is Cian O'Callaghan and he's very talented. We also managed to get two cameos from Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson. This is very much an Irish film.

(in reply to Evessa)
Post #: 66
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 4:37:59 PM   
CURIOUS_GEORGE

These are just words. Whats the name of your film? Where's the imdb page? Who is Cian O'Callaghan? Who are you?
I really can't take you seriously, this just seems like bullshit.

www.georgehorne.co.uk

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 67
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 8:51:29 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamdodge1

There is an IMDb page for it but it won't be released until 2009 so there's little or no information on it. The film stars a close friend who completed acting school while I was in film school, his name is Cian O'Callaghan and he's very talented. We also managed to get two cameos from Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson. This is very much an Irish film.

I'm starting to get a little skeptical

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 68
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 9:05:06 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

So, let me get this right.  You're telling me that your film is called The Burial and it's on imdb as in development for 2009?

Sweet Jesus, then that means you must be Stephen Frears??!!!

Frears in talks to helm 'Burial'
16 March 2007 (The Hollywood Reporter)
Director Stephen Frears is in talks to follow up his Oscar-nominated The Queen with Screen Gems' courtroom drama The Burial.

Penned by Doug Wright, the film centers on the true story of Willie Gary, a black personal-injury lawyer from Mississippi who took on the case of Jeremiah O'Keefe, the owner of a local chain of funeral homes who claimed he had been swindled by a major funeral parlor conglomerate. With the cooperation of O'Keefe's lawyer, an admitted racist, he won $260 million for the plaintiff. The story is based on a New Yorker Magazine article written by Jonathan Harr.

The project had been set up at Warner Bros. Pictures but was put into turnaround before Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper snapped up the rights.

Jenette Kahn, former president and editor-in-chief of DC Comics and Mad Magazine, and Adam Richman are producing through their Double Nickel shingle. Edward Saxon and Robert Shriver, who had been attached to produce when the project was set up at Warner Bros. Pictures, will produce as well alongside Steven Greener.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 69
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 9:20:13 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

So, let me get this right.  You're telling me that your film is called The Burial and it's on imdb as in development for 2009?

Sweet Jesus, then that means you must be Stephen Frears??!!!

Frears in talks to helm 'Burial'
16 March 2007 (The Hollywood Reporter)
Director Stephen Frears is in talks to follow up his Oscar-nominated The Queen with Screen Gems' courtroom drama The Burial.

Penned by Doug Wright, the film centers on the true story of Willie Gary, a black personal-injury lawyer from Mississippi who took on the case of Jeremiah O'Keefe, the owner of a local chain of funeral homes who claimed he had been swindled by a major funeral parlor conglomerate. With the cooperation of O'Keefe's lawyer, an admitted racist, he won $260 million for the plaintiff. The story is based on a New Yorker Magazine article written by Jonathan Harr.

The project had been set up at Warner Bros. Pictures but was put into turnaround before Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper snapped up the rights.

Jenette Kahn, former president and editor-in-chief of DC Comics and Mad Magazine, and Adam Richman are producing through their Double Nickel shingle. Edward Saxon and Robert Shriver, who had been attached to produce when the project was set up at Warner Bros. Pictures, will produce as well alongside Steven Greener.

and he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!!!!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 70
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 9:25:00 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

And what the frick are zombies doing in a courtroom drama?!?!

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 71
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 9:35:11 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

D.A.
I put it to you sir that on or about the evening
of the 12th you did attempt to bite my clients head
while groaning the word 'brains'. How do you plead.

DEFENDANT
Bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnssssssss!!!!!

Post #: 72
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 9:46:02 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

It all becomes clear. 

Wilbert, do you actually look like Fry??!!  Whenever I think of you, that's how I picture you!!

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 73
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 10:06:25 PM   
TheManWithNoShame

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

D.A.
I put it to you sir that on or about the evening
of the 12th you did attempt to bite my clients head
while groaning the word 'brains'. How do you plead.

DEFENDANT
Bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnssssssss!!!!!

This thread is fucking hilarious. Perhaps we should ask Jamdodge how his Presidentship of Cannes Film Festival is going? Would Lian Neeson and Cillian Murphy really star in a film where this, a seemingly prepubescent boy in his back yard holding his T-Shirt over his head to imitate a decapitation with what looks like Ribena in the background, is an actual test shot?

Im surprised youve all been listening to this Jamdodge for so long.

edit* where does he say his film is called the Burial. Did he delete the post?

< Message edited by TheManWithNoShame -- 17/5/2007 10:12:38 PM >

sorry jbg :( i promise to stop being such a silly boy.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 74
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 10:10:42 PM   
adamdavidsmith

what you gonna do go on a murderous rampage with your buddies while filming it. Sort of like a Blair witch, Texas Chainsaw, Cannibal Holocaust

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 75
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 17/5/2007 10:40:00 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

He gave the details of The Burial on post 55.

(in reply to adamdavidsmith)
Post #: 76
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 18/5/2007 8:53:48 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

It all becomes clear. 

Wilbert, do you actually look like Fry??!!  Whenever I think of you, that's how I picture you!!

Not unlike him. Although since my hair has gotten too long to stand up any more, not so much.

Post #: 77
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 12:37:26 PM   
jamdodge1

Hi everyone, I see you're now starting to believe I amn't even making this film, well that's not fair. Perhaos the IMDb page I was referring to might have been for the Stephen Frears' film you are referring to but I might just be mistaken. One of my contacts said he saw an IMDb page for the film but I wasn't sure if it was mine or not as there was no info on it. Alot of you are skeptical to when the movie will be made but I am now putting final touches to the film's teaser poster which I will show you when it's completed.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 78
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 1:08:14 PM   
Grunny

quote:

Hi everyone, I see you're now starting to believe I amn't even making this film, well that's not fair. Perhaos the IMDb page I was referring to might have been for the Stephen Frears' film you are referring to but I might just be mistaken. One of my contacts said he saw an IMDb page for the film but I wasn't sure if it was mine or not as there was no info on it. Alot of you are skeptical to when the movie will be made but I am now putting final touches to the film's teaser poster which I will show you when it's completed.

I've had the same problem. I directed a film called The Departed and when I went to collect the best director Oscar apprently it wasn't actuall MY film that won, it was some other film, Silly me

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 79
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 4:27:46 PM   
jamdodge1

"I've had the same problem. I directed a film called The Departed and when I went to collect the best director Oscar apprently it wasn't actuall MY film that won, it was some other film, Silly me "

That's not fair, just because the film I made happened to share the same name as another film that year doesn't mean I'm pretending to be making The Burial. The film centers around a man who must give his friend a proper burial as he defends himself from the undead so "The Burial" seems to be an appropriate title for it.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 80
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 4:39:37 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grunny

quote:

I've had the same problem. I directed a film called The Departed and when I went to collect the best director Oscar apprently it wasn't actuall MY film that won, it was some other film, Silly me

I saw you in the audience behind Scorsese. You stood up when they called out The Departed. Then you realised. You looked gutted.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 81
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 4:40:46 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 82
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:04:55 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

I believe you're making a film, but Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson? Come on...

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 83
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:24:19 PM   
jamdodge1

If you don't believe me I will tell you this, Cillian Murphy grew up to be a good friend of my family. I am Irish and spent years living in a place called Monkstown in County Cork which is within walking distance of Douglas where he was born. He has given me advice on screen acting and how to work with actors and I offerred him a small part in the film which he accepted. And when Cillian is in it, then Liam Neeson isn't too far off. You all think I'm bizzarly amateur but none of you have seen any film I've made to judge me on my filmmaking.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 84
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:34:34 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

You all think I'm bizzarly amateur but none of you have seen any film I've made to judge me on my filmmaking.

Stick some up on youtube and lets see them.

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 85
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:37:08 PM   
benjaminlwright

All I can say is that I've severely lost respect for Liam Neeson for wanting to be in a zombie film which is selling itself on being the goriest film ever.  This is the man I saw in plays by Brian Friel, the greatest living playwright of my generation whose each and every word is poetry.  And now he's in a film about eating people.  Sweet Jesus.

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 86
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:41:34 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: benjaminlwright

All I can say is that I've severely lost respect for Liam Neeson for wanting to be in a zombie film which is selling itself on being the goriest film ever.  This is the man I saw in plays by Brian Friel, the greatest living playwright of my generation whose each and every word is poetry.  And now he's in a film about eating people.  Sweet Jesus.

don't worry, ben, it'll never happen.

(in reply to benjaminlwright)
Post #: 87
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 7:44:21 PM   
benjaminlwright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: benjaminlwright

don't worry, ben, it'll never happen.

Must have cost a fair penny to fly him out from LA

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 88
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 8:04:31 PM   
James2183

Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the time being fella's.

Jam is there any other information you can give us about this film and your previous work?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 89
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/5/2007 8:05:31 PM   
jamdodge1

How dare you people criticize the horror genre like that, you're the reason so many PG-13 films are being made right now, you treat zombie films like porn, well that's what people thought of horror movies in the fifties and then Psycho came along in 1960. You're the kind of people who criticised the likes of Sam Raimi and David Croneneberg for making low budget, violent films and now look at yourselves. You're a bunch of losers sitting around computers all day giving people like me a load of bullshit. At least I went up and did something with my life, at least I decided I'd enter the film world, or even change it. But you people are dragging me down, the real Empire Magazine would encourage me, belive me. But not you, because you're nothing, you're the bottom of the food chain. When I set up this post I looked for some support from film fans but all you do is try and catch me out, well I'll write to you when I'm up in my big nice fucking mansion in Beverly Hills looking back at my first film and you guys will be playing this day over and over in your head wishing you could have the chance to talk to me or even see me. So if you're going to support me then do so, otherwise just go and spend the rest of your miserable little lives alone.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI