Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 10:12:38 AM   
PedroSanchez

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamdodge1

The basic plot goes like this:
  1. A guy is searching for something in his basement. He is standing on a ladder reaching something on the top shelf.
  2. He falls and hits his head, knocking him unconcious, he wakes up and the world has changed (I know this is similar to 28 Days later but it will be played out very differently)
  3. Cellofield (spelling?) has blown up and killed most of the people in Britain so the character goes on a boat to Ireland where instead of being dead, all the inhabitants have been mutated and deformed in the blasts. They have a strange and sudden thirst for human flesh.

Of course I will adapt the story more and include nods to recent matters (9/11 etc...) and of coruse films. I think it will be rather enjoyable.

Erm ok, but you didn't answer my question. Are you telling me these mutated inhabitants suddenly feel the urge to torture people with potato peelers?

''What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?''

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 31
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 10:56:07 AM   
Jackie

Actually I've got a question for you Jamdodge. Do you want to make this film purely because you want to be known for having a gorier film than Peter Jackson ever did, or is it because you've got something that you want to share and get out there?

I would question your motives behind it because a film done without love is never going to be a great film. And maybe you should relax a little on your rules - there's no real formula, whatever works, whatever's entertaining, thrilling, whatever, that's what you should be thinking about.

Jackie.

http://dwightsheep.pocketses.net

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****
5. Grave of the Fireflies *****

(in reply to PedroSanchez)
Post #: 32
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 12:27:28 PM   
PedroSanchez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jackie

Actually I've got a question for you Jamdodge. Do you want to make this film purely because you want to be known for having a gorier film than Peter Jackson ever did, or is it because you've got something that you want to share and get out there?

This is what i'm trying to work out Jackie. Just by looking at jamdodge's original post it would appear he is unfortunately going for the former.

''What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?''

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 33
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 3:00:56 PM   
zombiemaster

quote:

Thanks Jackie, Here are some of the less gory images (the gorier scenes will require proper blood FX which I'm ordering in the post) from the opening scene 

in which a group of twelve year old children are attacked by a bunch of radioactive undead due to sellfield (spelling?) blasts (pretty tame compared to some other scenes in the movie like when a guy is tortured by having his skin removed slowly with a potatoe peeler)

even if this are test shots or what ever they look total crap i dont think you even have  budget for this movie you liar

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 34
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 4:33:31 PM   
jamdodge1

Hurray! I have started filming and have replaced my Mini DV camera with proper film along with Nicotero & Co. FX (the team behind From Dusk till Dawn) here is an actual screenshot from the first scene I've filmed.

As for the potatoe peeler scene, in this film zombies aren't as obvious as in ,say The Evil Dead. They speak, they're not even dead exactly and they don't have to be missing limbs. And there is a story and it will be entertaining but not if you're squeamish.

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 35
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 8:15:10 PM   
nuttjob

Are these zombies gonna kind of have the hwole Buffy-vampire where they can turn the whole undead-ness thing no and off?

UK-SF Join us!

http://www.youtube.com/nuttjob

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 36
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 19/9/2006 8:25:01 PM   
.:Seraphim:.

quote:

Hi everyone,
My name is Jamdodge and I'm sick of Peter Jackson being adored for Briandead. I can and will make a movie even more gory than it.
Braindead will look like Chicken Run compared to my film.
Along with a few friends I will change the face of horror with a film that will be so sickening that it will recieve an instant NC-17 rating in the US and possibly be banned over here. Just watch me. (disagree with me? of course you do...)

Here's my thoughts on this:

GET A JOB!

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Braindead didn't succeed because Jackson made it gory, it succeeded because it was pure tounge-in-cheek, laugh-out-loud brilliance. As for how you plan on doing this I'm confused. Absolutely everyone who could potentially finance your film will think "hmmmm... a banned film, how do I make an profit from this?". If you're funding it with your own money, I must stress you're a TIT. I mean for f*ck's sake, you can't even be bothered to research how to spell Sellafield, let alone the potential problems it causes. You probably looked at one of them 'Tony, look me in the eye and tell me i'm safe' postcards and thought: this is weeeenie good.

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 37
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 20/9/2006 1:44:43 PM   
zombiemaster

quote:

Hurray! I have started filming and have replaced my Mini DV camera with proper film along with Nicotero & Co. FX (the team behind From Dusk till Dawn) here is an actual screenshot from the first scene I've filmed.

As for the potatoe peeler scene, in this film zombies aren't as obvious as in ,say The Evil Dead. They speak, they're not even dead exactly and they don't have to be missing limbs. And there is a story and it will be entertaining but not if you're squeamish.

thats better.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 38
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 20/9/2006 2:02:13 PM   
bub

I never bothered posting on here because I would wait to see weather or not you were just full of hot air but thats pretty impressive keep up the good work.

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 39
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 20/9/2006 5:02:14 PM   
jamdodge1

Thanks. But since it's been brought up alot, I really want to make this an enjoyable film. Yes, I know I'm saying it will be gorier than braindead but I never said I'd make a film better than Braindead. It will blow it out of the water in terms of gore but it's more similar to Land of the Dead in plot. And there will be some comedy but it's more of a horror film. Anyway, here's another pic:

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 40
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 20/9/2006 7:10:57 PM   
jamdodge1

No, the zombies in my movie are not like the zombies in Buffy, those zombies suck.

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 41
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 20/9/2006 10:33:36 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Thanks.But since it's been brought up alot, I really want to make this an enjoyable film. Yes, I know I'm saying it will be gorier than braindead but I never said I'd make a film better than Braindead. It will blow it out of the water in terms of gore but it's more similar to Land of the Dead in plot. And there will be some comedy but it's more of a horror film. Anyway, here's another pic:

Can you tell me how your films plot differs from Land Of The Dead?
Is it different enough to bother making it?

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 42
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 21/9/2006 6:03:41 PM   
jamdodge1

Did you read any of the thread apart from your own squabbling? If you did, i said that it was different from other zombie films. Land of the Dead is about a world infested with zombies where people have got to get used to it and now live amongst them while a man who owns a city called Fiddler's Green has a worker who steals his truck. How is that simlilar to my plot? I think you believe any movie with the word zombie in it is the same.

You've got to see more movies dude, or else you're seeing way too many.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 43
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 21/9/2006 7:18:05 PM   
.:Seraphim:.

Please ignore my post from before, I was feeling a bit ranty at the time. But I don't suppose you could tell me a few things...

1- Who is funding this project?
2- Who has written it? and
3- Who is doing the make up effects?

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 44
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 4:38:35 PM   
jamdodge1

1 - I have 2500 from each of two local businesses promising to pay back 100 a month until its paid off as well as a lottle interest.

2 - I wrote it myself and although I'm no Quentin Tarantino I've included various pop culture references in my screenplay as well as an interesting one.

3 - A guy I went to college with called Jason Craig lived in America for a few years and was the main special effects man behind the film August Underground (pretty good, you should check it out) and he said he'd help me - by the way the original photos were test photos that I made. the second two were put together by Jason.

(in reply to .:Seraphim:.)
Post #: 45
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 6:53:56 PM   
CURIOUS_GEORGE

'If you're bitten by a zombie you must turn into one. (Night of the Living Dead)'

Other then comment on this hilariously unfortunate misuse of semantics, I'm not going to slate your film and/or crush your ambitions.  

I'm actually disappointed to see so many of you needlessly destroying the aspirations of such an optimistic youth. I never thought of you guys as just a bunch of, testosterone-supped pessimists who clearly take great pleasure in tearing apart someone of such high expectations (however disillusioned they may be). Whether or not he will be 'out-goring' Braindead doesn't concern you, and you have no right to shoot him down so arrogantly as you have done- if you are going to support him then support him, but if not, just fuck off back to making your 'Top 100 film goofs' list, you sad little men.

You should be ashamed- especially you Wilbert!

< Message edited by CURIOUS_GEORGE -- 23/9/2006 7:01:24 PM >

www.georgehorne.co.uk

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 46
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 7:35:10 PM   
jamdodge1

Thnak you Curious George,
It's good to get some support that doesn't involve a stupid comment.
The film is doing pretty nicely (so far we've used almost 15 gallons of fake blood)

(in reply to CURIOUS_GEORGE)
Post #: 47
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 9:25:28 PM   
CURIOUS_GEORGE

Yeah, but don't forget fake blood doesn't make a film.

www.georgehorne.co.uk

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 48
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 10:58:39 PM   
jamdodge1

I know, but people are shooting me down for saying its going to be really gory and that's the major interest (i.e. I don't think I'd get 45+ responses for saying 'I'm going to make a film with great dialogue')

Post #: 49
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 23/9/2006 11:37:15 PM   
CURIOUS_GEORGE

Yeah a fair point.

www.georgehorne.co.uk

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 50
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 24/9/2006 10:56:59 AM   
Wolverine1988

Just wanted to put my two cents and wish you luck with the movie. As long as you've got the right amount of determination to get this done, you should be just fine. Whether it's gorier than Braindead doesn't matter. As long as it lives up to what you're aspiring to, that's what's important.

By the way, I thought of this idea that I'd love to see in a zombie movie (which from the few I've seen, hasn't been done to my knowledge): A dead zombie is chained to a wall with a gaping hole in his stomach. Through it is a hole straight to another room. Within the stomach hole is something important (eg. a key) and one of the characters needs to reach into it and get it but when the object is obtained, a zombie hands comes through the same hole and the zombie tries to get through it. Would that be a gory enough bit?

Felix Ungar: In other words, you're throwin' me out.
Oscar Madison: Not in other words. Those are the perfect ones!

Felix Ungar: They're here! The dinner guests. I'll go get a saw and cut the meat!

Post #: 51
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 24/9/2006 1:33:41 PM   
jamdodge1

Interesting idea Wolverine,
However have you seen Saw? There is an obvious similaroyt in the scne where she must get a key in her dead friend's stomach.

(in reply to Wolverine1988)
Post #: 52
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 24/9/2006 5:56:15 PM   
Wilbert

There is no point in making your zombie movie if you can't add anything to the genre. What is unique about your film? What would I see in your film that I wouldn't see in any other zombie movie?

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 53
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 25/9/2006 9:25:49 PM   
jamdodge1

If you actually read the post you will know that the zombies aren't always moaning, limping limbless monsters but can often seem exactly like a living human. It's kind of a cross between The Thing and Braindead.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 54
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 7:39:35 PM   
jamdodge1

Hi, it's been a year almost and the film is in post production, we have some pretty credible names in the picture like producer Gerry Murphy and Special FX by Robert Zepers (who contributed to Dog Soldiers) The film is called The Burial and will be released in early 2009. The reason it's taking so long is a film reel went missing and some scenes need to be reshot - What a pain in the ass.

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 55
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 8:09:08 PM   
Manchurian candidate

This thread has made me laugh than any other in history!

But not in a good way.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to jamdodge1)
Post #: 56
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 8:20:26 PM   
Tech_Noir

You shouldn't try and promote your film solely on the fact it's very very "gory" or very very "violent".

It should be about ideas, characters, maybe even originality (if there is such a thing anymore).

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 57
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 9:25:45 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

Gerry who?  Robert who?!  Never heard of them.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 58
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 11:00:30 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

You shouldn't try and promote your film solely on the fact it's very very "gory" or very very "violent".

It should be about ideas, characters, maybe even originality (if there is such a thing anymore).

Works for everybody else (Saw, Hostel, even Grindhouse)

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 59
RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the gorie... - 15/5/2007 11:06:33 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Works for everybody else (Saw, Hostel, even Grindhouse)

But we're talking about a small British short, not a studio-backed exploitation feature.

He seems to have a decent budget, you can make something really good with 5,000 (that's more money than I had with any of my shorts).

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: My name is Jamdodge and I'm going to make the goriest movie ever!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI