Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NFL and general American Football

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL and general American Football Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/12/2006 9:02:39 AM   
jediwarrior

Well it now looks like my Raiders are going to be the worst in the league this year

Great game between the Giants and Cowboys the other night. I hope both teams get into the playoffs

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 151
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/12/2006 2:18:21 PM   
soderbergh1

i can't believe the colts lost to the titans the other day!! madness! pats are looking ok so far and should hopefully put up a good show in the play offs.

i had a good weekend last week with my team - patriots - and the 2 other teams i like - new orleans and arizona (i know they're shit but i like matt leinart) - winning! keep it up boys!!

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 152
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/12/2006 2:58:57 PM   
*emz6*

my mate got bk from US and bought me back a programme and pull out sign thingy from a Pats game! i love it!

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 153
RE: NFL and general American Football - 8/12/2006 1:58:30 AM   
soderbergh1

nice! i'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they get some nfl over here soon. i'm rooting for the millenium stadium cos it's literally 10 minutes walk from my flat and if they got some good teams over it would be great!

although i'm not sure if i'd get bored or not cos at least when you watch it on tv there's analysis (mike carlson is a legend!) and stuff during the gaps? what would happen during the gaps if you're there?

still, would be one hell of an experience!!

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 154
RE: NFL and general American Football - 8/12/2006 8:41:12 AM   
jonathan74

quote:

ORIGINAL: soderbergh1

although i'm not sure if i'd get bored or not cos at least when you watch it on tv there's analysis (mike carlson is a legend!) and stuff during the gaps? what would happen during the gaps if you're there?

still, would be one hell of an experience!!

I've been to a few NFL Europe games (well, it was the WLAF then) and saw the 49ers play the Falcons a few years ago.  I found that looking at the cheerleaders and talking to my friends quickly filled the time in between play.

Plus it's much more exciting being there, so you don't tend to notice the delays as much.

Do you really care about the last 5 movies I watched?

Post #: 155
RE: NFL and general American Football - 11/12/2006 2:58:15 PM   
soderbergh1

no!!!!!!!! i can't believe the patriots were shut out by the bloody dolphins! what is the world coming to?! good game last night though with the saints beating dallas.

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to jonathan74)
Post #: 156
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 12:01:47 AM   
King_Wah

I haven't followed the NFL since it left Channel 4. Who are the big cheeses in the game now. The Packers were best when I stopped watching.

Back in the day I loved the 49ers 'Montana to Rice....Touchdown !!!'

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

Post #: 157
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 12:12:44 AM   
*emz6*

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Wah
.  The Packers were best when I stopped watching.

you sound like my dad hehe

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 158
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 1:34:34 AM   
soderbergh1

the packers aren't that great now. same with the 49ers. in fact, yesterday the two teams actually played each other with the packers winning 30-19.

the big cheeses of recent years were the new england patriots with their amazing quarterback tom brady helping them win 3 superbowl's in 4 years. last year's winners, the pittsburgh steelers aren't really doing great this year, with the top teams to beat being the indianapolis colts, chicago bears and san diego chargers.

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 159
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 2:25:46 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

We're still in the Playoff hunt!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 160
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 8:49:35 AM   
King_Wah

quote:

ORIGINAL: soderbergh1

the packers aren't that great now. same with the 49ers. in fact, yesterday the two teams actually played each other with the packers winning 30-19.

the big cheeses of recent years were the new england patriots with their amazing quarterback tom brady helping them win 3 superbowl's in 4 years. last year's winners, the pittsburgh steelers aren't really doing great this year, with the top teams to beat being the indianapolis colts, chicago bears and san diego chargers.

The Colts ? Good ? Gedddoutta here !!!  Please tell me the Lions still stink at least !

Nice to see an AFC team doing well though. The Raiders winning aside the NFC ruled in my day.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

Post #: 161
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 9:04:55 AM   
Captain Black

The AFC is, overall, the stronger conference now for my money.

The Colts? Dunno, if you'd have asked a few weeks ago they'd have been one of the hot favourites to win it all. Now, with their defensive front seven resembling a donut and the Jags running for 350+ yards against them, there'll be a few sleepless nights in Indianapolis for a while.
But yeah, Detroit still suck.

Miami with a shutout win against New England, didn't expect that. Jason Taylor's just carrying that team at the moment. If only they'd have started the season a few weeks later we might have had a playoff chance.

I'd probably put my money on the Bears and the Chargers at this point, but that's why this league's so interesting; it could turn around at any second. Few people were picking the Steelers this time last year.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 162
RE: NFL and general American Football - 12/12/2006 9:28:12 AM   
jediwarrior

I can't see the Bears doing too much in the play-off. The Quarterback has been bad. Only the defence and Special teams have really help the Bears into this position.

I would not be surprise to see them knock out in the first game in the playoffs

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 163
RE: NFL and general American Football - 14/12/2006 7:14:44 PM   
jacks_back

There is some controversy on the pats and dolphins game. Looks like miami got a hold of new englands practice tape or something and they were able to figure out all of brady's signals and plays. The nfl says there was nothing in the rules against that and new england is not saying anything but it sure is hell looks like cheating to me. Hopefully the signals and plays will be different.
Post #: 164
RE: NFL and general American Football - 15/12/2006 12:56:45 PM   
soderbergh1

cheats! i knew miami must've been up to something to beat the mighty, mighty patriots so convincingly!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to jacks_back)
Post #: 165
RE: NFL and general American Football - 3/1/2007 5:21:47 PM   
soderbergh1

we've now entered the postseason and this weekend the wild card games are being played. who do you think will progress to the play offs?

personally, i think the colts will beat the chiefs, dallas will beat seattle, the giants will beat philadelphia and the mighty patriots will beat the jets.

games are this satruday and sunday and i can't wait!!! go tom!! go pats!!!!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

Post #: 166
RE: NFL and general American Football - 5/1/2007 10:22:41 AM   
jediwarrior

I can't see the Giants beating the Eagles. Giants have been so poor in the past few weeks.

Colts should beat the Chiefs, but the Colts have been on a down recently.

Dallas game all depends which Cowboys team decides to show up.

The Patriots should beat the Jets quite easy in there game 

Post #: 167
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/1/2007 3:27:44 PM   
jediwarrior

Well after watching Saturday games

The Chiefs offence decide not bothering to play. Just pure awful no first down for a whole half. Well done to the colts made hard work of it in the first half but won in the end.

The Dallas game well what can you say? What is wrong this season with the holders trying to catch the ball and keep dropping it. It happened to the bengals the other week to put them out of the play-offs and now the same thing happens to Dallas to knock them out of the play-offs

Post #: 168
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/1/2007 6:59:50 PM   
*emz6*

i was gonna watch the games tonight at a mates but im too knackered lol but ill check the highlights programme tomo.i cant wait for the superbowl.

Post #: 169
RE: NFL and general American Football - 7/1/2007 9:51:05 PM   
soderbergh1

i couldn't believe the end of the dallas game! shame too, cos i like romo and wanted dallas to win. ah well...

the mighty pats march on again. they're my favourite team but i completely agree with what nick said in the studio, there isn't anything very exciting about them. they know what they've gotta do and just go out there and do it.

still, a win's a win, no doubt!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 170
RE: NFL and general American Football - 8/1/2007 7:37:05 PM   
jacks_back

new england might have trouble with san diego. So that will be interesting. On the nfc side we have my brother's team the new orleans saints having homefield advantage against the eagles. Hope the saints win. But I'm looking forward to baltimore and the colts game and given the wins that baltimore has I'm surprised they were not talk as much as the overhyped colts and their quarterback are.

Post #: 171
RE: NFL and general American Football - 9/1/2007 10:06:48 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Oh well, Giants go out to the Eagles, they've been far too inconsistant this season, hopefully we'll be able to add a few decent members to the team and come back more consistant next year.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jacks_back)
Post #: 172
RE: NFL and general American Football - 10/1/2007 4:10:54 PM   
soderbergh1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Oh well, Giants go out to the Eagles, they've been far too inconsistant this season, hopefully we'll be able to add a few decent members to the team and come back more consistant next year.

you've gotta find someone to replace the great tiki barber first!!!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 173
RE: NFL and general American Football - 11/1/2007 12:20:17 PM   
mrsumner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Agree with you on this point... I even thought they would not qualify for the wild card game (7 wins and 8 losses before the last match), that was quite a miracle...

Apart this, are there members of this board playing American football (at a amateur level, of course and I don't mean NFL Madden) ?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 174
RE: NFL and general American Football - 11/1/2007 2:26:54 PM   
*emz6*

gutted the Giants go out!

anyways- lets make some Superbowl Predictions!!

i have a secret hope that the Colts will get there but im not sure.

who does everyone think will win this year?

(in reply to mrsumner)
Post #: 175
RE: NFL and general American Football - 11/1/2007 3:01:53 PM   
soderbergh1

i am supporting and have put money on the patriots to win but i don't really think they'll do it this year. i've got a feeling that the bears might sneak a win.

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 176
RE: NFL and general American Football - 11/1/2007 3:21:52 PM   
jediwarrior

Now Dallas and the Giants are out. I'd like to see the Colts win it.

Post #: 177
RE: NFL and general American Football - 14/1/2007 5:45:08 PM   
soderbergh1

so 2 more teams move closer to the superbowl. i was glad to see the saints win, it was a good game too. i thought reggie bush had really fucked it up when he fumbled with about 3 and a half minutes on the clock but the saints defence (and a lucky penalty) meant they got away with it and progressed with the exact same score as when the 2 teams met earlier in the season.

the colts also got through in a pretty crappy game. i didn't see much of that one (it clashed with match of the day) but from the score and what nick and kev were saying i'm glad i didn't watch it. bloody peyton manning. if the pats get through tonight's (tough) game they'll meet indianapolis in the conference game.

i'm off now to flick between the final of the darts and the nfl.

go pats!!!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

Post #: 178
RE: NFL and general American Football - 14/1/2007 6:24:01 PM   
Captain Black

Didn't see the games (just keep up through NFL.com these days, it's far too time consuming) but it seems that the Colts have sorted out their defensive problems against the run. I imagine they'll fancy their chances more against the Patriots for the championship game. Tomlinson might give the Colts' defence a few sleepless nights. In the past, whenever one team has had the measure of the other for a number of years, as the Pats have over the Colts, there's been this one game that has turned things around, so I fancy the Colts if New England win. That's a big if of course.

After all that's happened in New Orleans I'm firmly behind them, certainly from the NFC, though I think Da Bears would be my logical pick at the moment.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 179
RE: NFL and general American Football - 14/1/2007 8:18:18 PM   
jediwarrior

The Colts v Patriots would be a great Championship game and a great chance for the Colts to get revenge.

Manning still has not had a good postseason even if the Colts have got into the Championship game. If it was not for the defence playing above themselves in the past two games the Colts season would be over.

Hopefully Manning can get it together next week as I like to see tge Colts win the Superbowl

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL and general American Football Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI