Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NFL

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL - 9/12/2012 9:08:04 PM   
benmharper

Well, Cousins has had quite a couple of minutes.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 871
RE: NFL - 10/12/2012 12:47:23 AM   
SWOTBM

Huge win for us today after the Skins and the Cowgirls both winning earlier in the day. Very happy for Wilson today. Shows a great deal of character as a rookie to put in that sort of performance after his fumble on opening night and I think if he can replicate that performance again down the stretch we could go quite far.

It's gonna be a hell of a last couple of games; if RG3 is out for the season then the Skins are toast. Cowgirls can go either way but they have a tough schedule.

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

That he did, but if he has to take over as the starting QB I can see defences going after him much more aggressively- RG3 completely shredded our pass rush the other day and I dont think Cousins can quite do that. Btw, nice to see some new blood in the thread

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 10/12/2012 12:48:46 AM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 872
RE: NFL - 10/12/2012 12:58:44 PM   
boaby

Pack come back from 14-0 down to beat the kitten 27-20.

We're lucky they're a basket case.

A game up on the Bears heading into Soldier Field, after starting 2-3, is amazing. Kudos to McCarthy and GM Thompson. And Rodgers.

We might just be on to something.

Ravens are in trouble I reckon. NFC East is wide open. Interesting end to the season ahead.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 873
RE: NFL - 10/12/2012 8:40:07 PM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

That he did, but if he has to take over as the starting QB I can see defences going after him much more aggressively- RG3 completely shredded our pass rush the other day and I dont think Cousins can quite do that. Btw, nice to see some new blood in the thread

Cheers. I enjoy watching the game, I've kinda lost interest in our football, I just don't get the chance to see a full game very often. Always look out for the Pats score though (visited Boston a few years ago and adopted all there teams, Redsoxs and celtics too)

I read today that RG3 isn't as badly injured as feared so the Redskins will be pleased

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 874
RE: NFL - 17/12/2012 8:27:21 PM   
SWOTBM

Yesterday was not a good day to be a Giants fan

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 875
RE: NFL - 17/12/2012 10:31:05 PM   
Captain Black

Is Eli playing hurt or something?

The 49ers Patriots game was wild. Shame I was spoiled on the result, but good to watch all the same.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 876
RE: NFL - 5/1/2013 5:33:25 PM   
Captain Black

It's the playoffs! Woo, and indeed, hoo.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 877
RE: NFL - 11/1/2013 8:31:44 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

But it's just no fun when your team isn't in it

Some very good games coming up this weekend; in fact I'm looking forward to all of them except the Hou/NE game. Seahawks might be a good underdog bet for the Superbowl if they get past Atlanta and have to play the Packers.

Interesting moves as well re coaches; Andy Reid going to KC. Cowgirls sticking with Jason Garrett (though I'm not complaining about that ). Lovie Smith out.

Post #: 878
RE: NFL - 11/1/2013 8:39:31 PM   
boaby

Broncos
Packers
Seahawks
Patriots.

Reasoning is immaterial.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 879
RE: NFL - 12/1/2013 6:03:05 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

quote:

But it's just no fun when your team isn't in it

A. You get used to it! You could do what I do and just support anyone playing the Patriots.

B. Last week wasn't any fun for any one. I'm looking forward to the start of the playoffs this week.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 880
RE: NFL - 13/1/2013 4:41:32 AM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Broncos
Packers
Seahawks
Patriots.

Reasoning is immaterial.

Yes, well, but, y'know, hmmmm...

Scudded. Absolutely scudded.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 881
RE: NFL - 14/1/2013 12:13:42 AM   
Saltire

Brilliant games over the last two nights, especially with two of my faves Baltimore and San Fran going through too; really hope one of them can go all the way.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 882
RE: NFL - 14/1/2013 2:48:46 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

Broncos
Packers
Seahawks
Patriots.

Reasoning is immaterial.

Yes, well, but, y'know, hmmmm...

Scudded. Absolutely scudded.

1 out of 4 aint bad

But seriously, some excellent games on show over the weekend. I would have to pick the Broncos/Ravens game for me; I kept on thinking that whenever the Broncos would take the lead that there would be no way the Ravens would be able to level it up, but they kept on delivering. It's just a shame that they have to play the Pats now because I can see Brady's use of the hurry-up really hurting the Ravens D.

I feel sorry for the Seahawks because they kept on battling; but I think they have the foundations to be playoff/superbowl contenders for a few years to come. The Atlanta/SF game will be dynamite.

I can see a Pats/Atlanta superbowl with the Pats running away with it.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 883
RE: NFL - 14/1/2013 4:28:23 PM   
Chief

I was going to put a bet on the Falcons about a month ago at 8/1. I never and they are now down to 5/1.
I'm only interested this year because one of the guys I know is having a Super Bowl party and we're all going round to get hammered on American booze and eat American food. American fancy dress too.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 884
RE: NFL - 21/1/2013 6:29:51 PM   
Captain Black

Of course, the best thing about being an NFL fan who doesn't live in America is that it's that much easier to avoid the tedious meeja hype about it being the first Super Bowl coached by two brothers.

And I'll be happy enough with either team winning now - probably would have liked the Falcons to win it all if only for Tony Gonzalez (who is one of the game's genuine good guys from what I can tell). But I liked Jim Harbaugh as a player (and I think he was a decent pundit that one time they got him for the Super Bowl coverage in one of its Channel 4 days) and he's really done an amazing job when you consider where the 49ers were just a few years ago.

Trivia question time!

What to the following QBs all have in common?
Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson
Colin Kaepernick
Joe Flacco

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 885
RE: NFL - 21/1/2013 11:57:32 PM   
Saltire

My two favourite teams in the Superbowl, win-win!!!

Post #: 886
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 1:14:57 AM   
SWOTBM

Good game so far. Kaepernick looks very out of sorts compared to his previous performances. Flacco looks, dare I say it, like an elite QB; shades of Eli But given the protection he is getting I think even Jamarcus Russell could be bossing this game. The Ravens definitely look up for it. If the Niners don't make some adjustments at half-time then this could turn into a repeat of the Ravens' first SB win.

Btw, how hot did Alicia Keys look? Alicia over Beyonce any day

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 887
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 1:27:52 AM   
benmharper

quote:

Good game so far. Kaepernick looks very out of sorts compared to his previous performances. Flacco looks, dare I say it, like an elite QB; shades of Eli But given the protection he is getting I think even Jamarcus Russell could be bossing this game. The Ravens definitely look up for it. If the Niners don't make some adjustments at half-time then this could turn into a repeat of the Ravens' first SB win.

Btw, how hot did Alicia Keys look? Alicia over Beyonce any day

Enjoying it so far. Hoping the Ravens win it, simply for Ray Lewis.

Both looked stunning, but yeah, Alicia wins.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 888
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 1:33:25 AM   
SWOTBM

Well, the Ravens ate their oranges at half-time

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 889
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 1:38:17 AM   
SWOTBM

Someone forgot to pay the electric bill

EDIT: ok the novelty is wearing out now...

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 4/2/2013 2:02:25 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 890
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 3:50:16 AM   
SWOTBM

I have been rooting for the Ravens the whole game, but that safety at the end was a chickenshit play. I know it's all about the win, but come on. That left a rather bitter taste.

Grats on the win though. I much prefer John to Jim Harbaugh, so overall I'm happy for him.

Overall though, it was a good game. I thought the Ravens were going to run away with it after the kick-off return, but credit to the 49ers for coming back (with the aid of a very convenient power-cut). Although on the whole the 49ers didn't play consistently enough to win it. Flacco for MVP.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 891
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 2:08:23 PM   
Captain Black

Another really good Super Bowl. Didn't watch it live and was praying it wouldn't go to overtime and my recording cut out as the blackout continued! Of course it was also nice being able to zap through it at 16x speed.

Oh, and as if anyone cares the answer to my trivia question above is "All QBs who could have been drafted by the Miami Dolphins, making them considerably better". Gah.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 892
RE: NFL - 4/2/2013 4:01:51 PM   
benmharper

I really enjoyed it. I thought the Ravens were gonna run away with it but, fair play to the niners, they made a real game of it after the blackout.

It was the first time I've stopped up to watch it. Thankfully I'm off today. Shattered

Post #: 893
RE: NFL - 5/2/2013 9:36:38 AM   
Chief

That was excellent. First SB I've watched and was hooked.

I was rooting for the Niners (no reason, just felt like it) so the end was riveting, I thought they were going to nick it.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 894
RE: NFL - 5/2/2013 10:42:29 AM   
superdan

quote:

Oh, and as if anyone cares the answer to my trivia question above is "All QBs who could have been drafted by the Miami Dolphins, making them considerably better". Gah.

I wondered if it had something to do with the Dolphins I'm sure next year will be our year

Anyway, great SB and the power cut just added to the occasion. Woke up feeling pretty rough yesterday though

Post #: 895
RE: NFL - 5/2/2013 6:14:54 PM   
Captain Black

Am I so predictable? *Calls running play up the middle for no gain*

Invisiotext:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 896
RE: NFL - 11/6/2013 5:20:27 PM   
benmharper

Tim Tebow signs for the Pats. Be interesting to see what happens there

Post #: 897
RE: NFL - 5/7/2013 11:02:59 PM   
SWOTBM

^ Well at least he'll sell the jerseys that the Pats will lose through the Hernandez jersey trade-in I still can't believe story, he earns so much bloody money and he needs to go and do shit like this? Haven't been following the story that much, but the evidence against him looks pretty strong- don't think he'll be able to OJ his way out of this one.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 898
RE: NFL - 6/9/2013 10:03:09 PM   
Captain Black

Peyton Manning throws 7 TDs in the Broncos' opening win against the Ravens to tie the NFL record - given the way passing stats have sky-rocketed in recent years, I guess the aspect of that that's most surprising is that the last person to do so was in 1969 (Joe Kapp, Vikings fans).

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 899
RE: NFL - 7/9/2013 5:05:07 PM   
benmharper

I had a good laugh at the fella dropping the ball before he crossed into the end zone.

Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI