Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NFL

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL - 17/9/2012 11:14:38 PM   
vad3r

I watched Eli Manning (Giants Quaterback) hosting SNL and he was surprisingly charming, funny and not afraid to make fun of himself. I know nothing about the sport. Is he the Messi of SNL?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 841
RE: NFL - 18/9/2012 2:39:26 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Hopefully The Best Manning takes care of business tonight. Don't like Atlanta. Don't know why.

Only one Manning has the ability to throw three interception and still win the game

Just to repeat what you guys have just said- the 49ers look very good thus far. I think that loss to the Giants in the post-season really hurt; they were the better team and should have won that guy but for a couple of careless turnovers in the last couple of minutes.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Which bit is it? I've played it through a bunch of times (and lost so many hours to the multiplayer) but it's not ringing any bells.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Padok_Wiks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDivMHb0EE

Probably the only new character in ME3 that does not suck ass I love the multiplayer too; initially I was sceptical of multiplayer in a single-player RPG, but the new classes/weapons/abilities/maps have kept it fresh. I love my Vorcha sentinel w/ Reegar carbine

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 842
RE: NFL - 22/9/2012 12:10:32 AM   
SWOTBM

Just watched the Panthers/Giants game Very impressive, physical performance by the G-men. Our O-line looked rock solid; although the Panthers aren't known for having a particularly potent pass rush (still thought they might have tried to mix it up a bit by bringing more guys). Great to see Brown and Barden having big games. The Giants need to lock down Jerry Reese and the scouting team- they just keep on unearthing all these talents; Victor Cruz, JPP and now Barden/Brown.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 843
RE: NFL - 23/9/2012 6:16:32 PM   
superdan

Crikey, the Dolphins have shot out of the blocks against the Jets Remains to be seen if they can carry it on of course

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 844
RE: NFL - 23/9/2012 11:47:40 PM   
SWOTBM

To ice or not to ice?

I only watched the first half in full and the second half highlights- but from the first half the Dolphins were pretty dominant. It's weird how the Jets' defense has become so porous, whereas that used to be all Ryan would brag about (well, mostly what he would brag about). Shame Reggie got injured. I mentioned above how I like Reggie, so I hope the injury isn't too bad.

Still, at least Jim Schwartz saved Joe Philbin from the worst coaching call of the weekend

Always nice to see the Eagles getting beat quite comprehensively

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 845
RE: NFL - 24/9/2012 10:31:11 PM   
Captain Black

Does icing the kicker ever work?

S'pose we're still tied with the Patriots.

Don't know if there's any way to watch NFL Films stuff for free and legit (maybe there's some stuff on YouTube) but given Steve Sabol's death, if you haven't checked them out you really should. They always used to use bits of them no Channel 4's coverage, which was great.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 846
RE: NFL - 25/9/2012 1:51:11 PM   
boaby

Bloody scab refs ruining the bloody game.

Pay the real refs their pension NFL you tight megarich gits.

Omnishambolic this morning. It was all I could do to take it silently and not wake the street. Internal rage is bad for ye.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 847
RE: NFL - 25/9/2012 8:25:43 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Does icing the kicker ever work?

S'pose we're still tied with the Patriots.

Don't know if there's any way to watch NFL Films stuff for free and legit (maybe there's some stuff on YouTube) but given Steve Sabol's death, if you haven't checked them out you really should. They always used to use bits of them no Channel 4's coverage, which was great.

The icing the kicker is pot luck imo. I remember Coughlin icing the Cowgirls kicker last season and it worked out- his second attempt was blocked.

I saw a couple of articles on Sabol's death. I don't know if I have watched any NFL film stuff (is that ''America's Game'' his work?); but apparently he has done a lot to promote the game, so he will be missed. RIP

quote:

Bloody scab refs ruining the bloody game.

Pay the real refs their pension NFL you tight megarich gits.

Omnishambolic this morning. It was all I could do to take it silently and not wake the street. Internal rage is bad for ye.

Although you may not appreciate it now but I think that decision on prime time TV will be the last straw. I can foresee the NFL getting the priorities in order and reinstalling the proper refs after that farce. Is it the NFL owners who have locked out the refs? Surely seeing their team lose should be enough for them to realise that it is not worth it to keep using these replacement refs.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 848
RE: NFL - 25/9/2012 10:06:14 PM   
Captain Black

It's a ludicrous situation. Hopefully the Monday game will trigger a response during the week, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 849
RE: NFL - 28/9/2012 8:30:25 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

It's a ludicrous situation. Hopefully the Monday game will trigger a response during the week, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Aaaand they're back....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000067077/article/referees-get-standing-ovation-at-brownsravens-game

Few articles on the NFL website quoting Goodell and a couple of the owners saying that the Monday night fiasco had nothing to do with the breakthrough. Sure, if you say so

Post #: 850
RE: NFL - 2/10/2012 9:55:09 PM   
Captain Black

Second overtime loss in a row for my Dolphins. Well, I'll take that in a 'rebuilding' year - at least we're competing in those games (even if one was against the Jets). And while I haven't checked the stats, I assume the Cardinals defence is legit, so for Tannehill to put up 400 yards (despite the turnovers) against them, is pretty encouraging.

Only four teams in the AFC have a winning record right now.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 851
RE: NFL - 4/10/2012 12:10:54 PM   
boaby

2 and 2? 2 and phuckin' 2? Being a spoilt rotten Packers fan I'm disgusted.

Dismal reffing cost a win we barely deserved - if at all - in Seattle. Similar dismal reffing nearly cost us against the Taints. Bears took a hiding. 'niners dished one out.

See if we can't get to the bye 6-3. Should handle the Colts on Sunday. Not on TV. Disgraceful. We're the Packers ffs.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 852
RE: NFL - 8/10/2012 8:29:14 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

2 and 2? 2 and phuckin' 2? Being a spoilt rotten Packers fan I'm disgusted.

Dismal reffing cost a win we barely deserved - if at all - in Seattle. Similar dismal reffing nearly cost us against the Taints. Bears took a hiding. 'niners dished one out.

See if we can't get to the bye 6-3. Should handle the Colts on Sunday. Not on TV. Disgraceful. We're the Packers ffs.

Good win for the G-men; although the Browns had lost like 10 straight so it so have been easier than it was. Nice to see Wilson having a good game after his week one shocker. Lucky that Philly lost too. I think those two losses in the division are really going to hurt us down the stretch- I still can't get over the play calling from last week

Big win for the Dolphins as well. Interesting mini-debate on Sky coverage the other day about whether or not the Dolphins should have started with Moore this season instead of Tannehill and really tried for the play-offs.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 853
RE: NFL - 9/10/2012 1:39:23 AM   
boaby

Ken min.

D is abominable. Woodson is a flag magnet these days. Coverage and tackling leave a lot to be desired.

O is coming along, not that nicely, but still coming along. 4 TDs in the last 2 games is nae bad considering how badly we miss Jennings. Hopefully 85 will be back soon. Same with Benson. Finley can take his sweet time. B.J. Raji was a big miss at the end.

Looks like we'll need to sweep the division to have a sniff. Can't see it. Sigh.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 854
RE: NFL - 15/10/2012 1:49:34 AM   
SWOTBM

That was a satisfyingly comprehensive demolition of the 49ers O-line was immense, finally got some pressure on the QB, receivers had glue on their hands, RBs looked particularly dangerous as the game wore on and Manning was God-tier as usual (best QB in the league currently? Maybe only Brady or Ryan can match him, and given Eli's record in the clutch I know who I'd pick ) Nice to see us topping the NFC East and we needed that win against the 49ers going into a really tough run of games; Skins, Cowgirls, Steelers and Packers in the next five games

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 855
RE: NFL - 15/10/2012 12:45:05 PM   
boaby

Ha.

Rodgers proves his awesomeness and equals the Mighty Flynn's 6 TDs in a game. Houston? Pfffft. Never in doubt.

Injuries piling up, Matthews causing havoc, Rodgers prospering behind a shady line... smells like 2010 to me.

Or not.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 856
RE: NFL - 17/10/2012 10:32:14 PM   
Captain Black

The whole league's completely ridiculous at the moment. 24 point comeback wins, wobbly teams thrashing undefeated ones, marine mammals joint top of the East...I love it.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 857
RE: NFL - 18/10/2012 4:16:14 PM   
boaby

Marine mammals also joint bottom of the East.

Defensive violence tonight. Should be a good 'un. Hope the 'niners win. Can't stand that Carrol bloke.

Post #: 858
RE: NFL - 22/10/2012 3:37:38 PM   
SWOTBM

Giants- can't be stopped, won't be stopped Wasn't the greatest performance, but we still managed to find a way to win. The D-line is stepping up its game, which bodes well for the next couple of weeks. Eli did have a couple of wtf moments as well, but he pulled through in the clutch. Again.

The 'Skins always push us hard and the rematch at FedEx field will be brutal. RG3 is having a good rookie year, but the real test will be next year once the defences have had a chance to study him (see Cam Newton). Still, I find it funny that the other RG managed to lead the 'Skins to two victories over us last year

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 859
RE: NFL - 22/10/2012 9:26:11 PM   
Captain Black

I forget where I read this, but:

"Dear Jacksonville

We're quite happy with our current franchise, thanks all the same.

The city of Los Angeles"

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 860
RE: NFL - 23/10/2012 12:15:50 AM   
boaby

Aa God is back. Huzzah. Run game? Who needs it?

Post #: 861
RE: NFL - 29/10/2012 7:55:18 PM   
SWOTBM

Important divisional win against the Cowgirls, especially with Philly and the Skins losing. With five(?) turnovers the game was much tougher/closer than it should have been. Credit to the Dallas D, the pretty much stopped our offense- from memory I think we only got one TD on offense; the rest was FG and the JPP pick six. I wonder how long Jerry will stick with Romo and Garrett, both of them have got to go imo. Garrett's management is terrible and inspires zero confidence.

Impressive win for the Dolphins too. NFC north is gonna be a very interesting division to watch with all four teams playing competitive football.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 862
RE: NFL - 29/10/2012 10:26:01 PM   
Captain Black

Anyone go to the London game?

When I saw the score was 23-0 to the Giants, I nearly posted some comment about the Cowboys needing a new head coach.

*Puts on helmet of optimism*

The Dolphins are in the mix for the playoffs. Really pleased about that. Next three games aren't too bad - Colts, Texans and Bills. Then the Seahawks at home. We have both Patriots games late, which may be a good thing if we can get through those four with some decent performances. Really helped by the underperforming AFC.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 863
RE: NFL - 12/11/2012 10:17:47 PM   
SWOTBM

Been a couple of weeks since I lasted posted in here- nothing to do with us losing the last two games. Nothing at all.

We have been very poor on offense. Eli is looking like the Eli of old (i.e. a bit shit) and the defense is not getting to the QB, which is exposing our mediocre secondary. I'm not panicking just yet as we always seem to have a mid-season slump and the bye has come at the perfect time to enable us to regroup. Still, it is worrying that the Cowgirls beat the Eagles. They have a lot of talent and can pose a serious threat to us for the division- I cant see either the Skins or the Eagles winning the division, so it'll be a two horse race.

Post #: 864
RE: NFL - 12/11/2012 10:54:59 PM   
boaby

Cracking bye week for the Pack.

Team gets less injured. Boost.

0 wins combined for the 'niners, Jints, Bears, Kittens, Falcons. Boost.

Business end fast approaching.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 865
RE: NFL - 24/11/2012 1:28:11 AM   
SWOTBM

Well, I guess my Cowgirls/Redskins theory was pretty cack Last night was the first night that I was able to appreciate how good RG3 really is; kid's pretty good... We have a game in hand against the Skins, albeit at the Fedex, so I think it was for the best that they won last night. Having said that every team in the NFC East has been so inconsistent; apart for the Eagles who have been consistently crap...

Sunday's game against the Packers is going to be immense. It could go either way for us; coming off the bye and at home we could wake up from our mid-season slump, OR we could carry on into December being pretty crap until we finally get our act together at the end of the season.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 866
RE: NFL - 24/11/2012 5:36:41 PM   
boaby

Right then. Can't wait for the Pack's trip to Jersey.

We're still badly beaten up. Matthews is out so Eli can rest easy and wheel out the Lazy-boy in anticipation of a comfy evening.

Aa God'll need his dancing shoes on.

P.S. The jets are hilarious.

< Message edited by boaby -- 24/11/2012 5:38:35 PM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 867
RE: NFL - 24/11/2012 5:59:59 PM   
Captain Black

My last post contained the expression 'our next three games aren't so bad', which we promptly get hammered in. This is the week then, for my typical 'NFC backup team to support once the playoffs start' to be chosen. It's up for grabs. Maybe the victor in the Giants/Packers game will be the front runner. Maybe, indeed....

Invisiotext:

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 868
RE: NFL - 26/11/2012 1:03:34 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Sunday's game against the Packers is going to be immense. It could go either way for us; coming off the bye and at home we could wake up from our mid-season slump, OR we could carry on into December being pretty crap until we finally get our act together at the end of the season.

I'm glad it was the former With the way RG3 is playing and how unpredictable the Cowgirls can be, we needed that win to give us some breathing room. Still a long way to go and with the Skins, Baltimore and the Eagles (we always seems to lower our game for the Eagles) it's gonna be tough. I was really pleased with how the O-line managed to give Eli enough time to pick his passes (though the Packers' pass rush did look toothless without Matthews). After his first couple of incompletions I thought it was going to be another long night, but he showed real character to finally stop the rot. Same goes for the WRs.

The one thing I was really pleased about was our red-zone efficiency. I remember the game against Dallas earlier when they turned it over I think five times in the first half and we kicked four FGs. Kept the Cowgirls in the game and they almost managed to overturn the deficit. Last night we were clinical in the red zone- I just hope we can keep it up.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 869
RE: NFL - 27/11/2012 1:06:26 PM   
boaby

quote:

We're still badly beaten up. Matthews is out so Eli can rest easy and wheel out the Lazy-boy in anticipation of a comfy evening.

Aa God'll need his dancing shoes on.

Sigh. And so it came to pass.

Unless we get healthy ain't no title coming back to our town.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI