Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NFL

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL - 19/4/2012 3:17:35 PM   
SWOTBM

Seems like we are destined to repeat the pattern of getting a good start out of the blocks (Buccs, Browns, Bengals, Panthers), hitting a slump after the bye (Packers, Saints, Ravens) and struggling to get over the line (could well come down to the last game of the season against the Eagles). 

Be interesting to see if the 49'ers progress this year as they have made some interesting acquisitions.  The Eagles will definitely be more cohesive this year, the 'Skins with RG3 will be no pushover (though we lost to them twice anyway last year ) and I always feel that this is the year the Cowgirls will get their act together.  I can see us getting to the post-season at least, from there who knows. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 811
RE: NFL - 20/4/2012 12:07:04 PM   
CORLEONE

Very tough schedule for the Redskins. Would be happy with an 8-8 finish to be honest. Looking forward to the draft next week.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 812
RE: NFL - 27/4/2012 12:18:05 PM   
SWOTBM

Draft Day.  For some reason I thought it was on Sunday, so I was quite surprised when I logged on to the NFL homepage

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-name?module=HP11_cp&module=HP11_cp#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

The top two were pretty much locked in anyway, so that's not surprise.  Tbh, I don't watch much college football so all those names are pretty meaningless to me.  All I know is that we signed another RB with our 1st round pick

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 813
RE: NFL - 27/4/2012 1:21:49 PM   
CORLEONE

Delighted with RG3. Really hope he can be THE QB we've been after for, erm, 20 years

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 814
RE: NFL - 27/4/2012 2:28:38 PM   
boaby

Pack drafted Clay Matthews pass rushing teammate from USC. Nick Perry.

I have zero clue about college football.

I just hope this lad can take advantage of the heat 52 gets. Would have made a massive difference last season if QBs didn't have all day to throw against us.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 815
RE: NFL - 27/4/2012 6:05:49 PM   
Captain Black

The Dolphins drafted QB Ryan Tannehill in the first round...and nobody except their front office seems happy about this. But y'know what? I think he's worth the risk. He'll be sitting behind Moore for a bit and would one other, starting calibre ready player make that much difference to us right now?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 816
RE: NFL - 27/4/2012 7:04:11 PM   
boaby

I read a few reports that the lad Weeden the Browns picked has as much chance of being a success as the Dolphin's latest lunging reach.

I bet Colt McCoy filled his pants.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 817
RE: NFL - 29/4/2012 1:19:36 PM   
SWOTBM

Draft Day is done, here's a good summary:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-name?module=HP11_cp&module=HP11_cp#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

I think we did OK, but ideally I would have liked more depth in the secondary.  Especially since we lost Aaron Ross and the secondary wasn't our strong suit to begin with.  Still, I look forward to see how much production Eli can get out of the new TE/WR/RBs.  The O-line got better and better as the season went on, so the added strength there bodes well.  Just hope we can get our secondary sorted in free agency, or some of our rookies from last year step up (Amukamara I'm looking at you ).  Can't wait for next season

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 818
RE: NFL - 29/4/2012 1:47:17 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

The Dolphins drafted QB Ryan Tannehill in the first round...and nobody except their front office seems happy about this. But y'know what? I think he's worth the risk. He'll be sitting behind Moore for a bit and would one other, starting calibre ready player make that much difference to us right now?

Martin at OT aside, I think it's another poor draft for the Dolphins. I honestly don't think there's any strategy to haul the franchise up from being a laughing stock.

Post #: 819
RE: NFL - 29/4/2012 6:28:08 PM   
Sledge Hammer

My first year of paying attention to the draft - actually quite enjoyed it!

Anyway, you may recall my request for writers for my journal - this is the report we wrote on the draft if you are interested!

http://v2journal.com/a-look-at-the-first-round-of-the-nfl-draft---part1.html

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 820
RE: NFL - 29/4/2012 7:10:47 PM   
boaby

Top 100 has started on the NFL Network.

'tis funny.

Romo 91. John Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn 92. Yas min.

Players vote apparently.

Every single Packer must have voted for Kuhn. Gotta love it.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 821
RE: NFL - 3/5/2012 1:45:19 AM   
SWOTBM

I was gonna post something about the suspensions for the Saint's defensive players, but I logged on to the NFL homepage and saw this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828d07bd/article/junior-seau-dead-at-43-police-investigating-as-possible-suicide?module=HP11_headline_stack

Completely out of the blue.  RIP dude.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 822
RE: NFL - 3/5/2012 11:41:41 AM   
boaby

Been a few former players shuffling off far too early.

Nae fine.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 823
RE: NFL - 4/5/2012 5:57:20 PM   
Captain Black

Tragic news about Seau. What's the average life expectancy of an NFL player? It's around 55 I think.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 824
RE: NFL - 4/5/2012 10:31:18 PM   
boaby

So Vilma oot for a year.

Packers signed a dude who's now gonna miss 8 games. 'kinell.

Coupla others suspended for a few games.

Goodell laying the hammer down.

Post #: 825
RE: NFL - 31/5/2012 3:49:51 PM   
SWOTBM

Saw this article on the NFL website the other day, but I was surprised to see it on the BBC- feel so sorry for the guy. I don't know how the hell he kept it together, I would have gone crazy. I know he won't get those ten years back, but I hope to God that one of those teams pick him up and he gets a shot at the big time. Any team that picks him up gets my support as a back-up team next year, even if they play the G-men.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18266118

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82971579/article/brian-banks-to-audition-for-seattle-seahawks-on-june-7

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 826
RE: NFL - 5/9/2012 6:33:38 PM   
Captain Black

Are you ready for some football? I know I am. Tonight's the season opener, with the Giants and the Cowboys.

Interestingly, the BBC have the Monday night games:
http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articles/bbc-air-nfl-monday-night-football-red-button-and-online

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 827
RE: NFL - 6/9/2012 8:22:52 AM   
CORLEONE

Aye, BBC showing it via the red button, which means you can't record it. So annoying. Like there's anything on a Tuesday at 1am that people want to watch? Why can't they just show the bloody thing as normal (so we can record it?).

Having said that, delighted that we're getting so many games on Sky. ESPN have missed out bigtime. HTTR.

Post #: 828
RE: NFL - 6/9/2012 3:27:32 PM   
SWOTBM

FOOTBALL!!!

Can't believe they switched the midweek game to a Wednesday, normally they are on a Thursday. Lucked out though as my TiVo recorded the game Not a great performance, but it is still the first game of the season and the Metlife isn't exactly a fortress for us. I like the look of Bennett and I think our defence can only get better. There is a lot of rust in our receiving corps, but I can see that improving. Still, always embarrassing losing to the Cowgirls....

I think the replacement refs issue will be quite interesting come Sunday.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 829
RE: NFL - 9/9/2012 4:07:56 PM   
Captain Black

Today's the day. And shortly after the Dolphins game, I look forward to the announcement that they've been mathematically eliminanted from the playoffs.

I can record the red button games incidentally, though looking at the EPG they've allocated about five hours for it, so I won't bother with all of them.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 830
RE: NFL - 9/9/2012 5:11:14 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Today's the day. And shortly after the Dolphins game, I look forward to the announcement that they've been mathematically eliminanted from the playoffs.

I can record the red button games incidentally, though looking at the EPG they've allocated about five hours for it, so I won't bother with all of them.

That made me lol, optimistic as ever CB?

Lots of interesting games this week;
Colts/Bears- how will Andrew Luck perform in his debut?
Eagles/Browns- will the dream team finally have got it together; anything less than winning the division and Reid is out of Philly
Skins/Saints- the Giants fan in me wants RG3 to fall flat on his face, but I think he will have a breakout season; also interested to see how the Saints react to the whole bounty scandal
Bills/Jets- reading the NFL website and Ryan has been keeping his offensive plans super secret; I think we could see Tebow getting a lot of game time
SF/GB- should be a cracker
Steelers/Broncos- just how fit is Manning, will the gamble pay off.....

My predictions:

AFC East- Patriots
AFC North- Steelers
AFC South- Texans
AFC West- Chargers

NFC East- Eagles
NFC North- Lions
NFC South- Panthers
NFC West- 49ers

AFC Champion- Jets
NFC Champion- Giants

Superbowl- Giants

Post #: 831
RE: NFL - 9/9/2012 6:11:23 PM   
Captain Black

Yeah, no one's predicting them to do well, despite a reasonable finish to last year, so I'm going to be picking my back up team pretty early. Maybe I should start 'following' the Patriots, just to see if the curse follows them. And I do love Boston.

Based on no real thought whatsoever.

AFC East- Patriots
AFC North- Ravens
AFC South- Texans
AFC West- Chargers
Wild Cards: Bills, Chiefs

NFC East- Cowboys
NFC North- Packers
NFC South- Saints
NFC West- 49ers
Wild Cards: Giants, Bears

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 832
RE: NFL - 9/9/2012 9:52:26 PM   
Captain Black

I should probably go back and change at least the AFC wild card picks, as they gave up a combined, hilarious 88 points in the first week.

I'm not mentioning the Dolphins.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 833
RE: NFL - 10/9/2012 1:52:28 PM   
superdan

quote:

I'm not mentioning the Dolphins.

It's going to be a very long season. How Jeff Ireland is still in a job I'll never know, he must - must - have dirt on Ross.The guy is just a clueless twunt. Encouraging that Tannehill threw 3 interceptions in 6 minutes too This joke of an organisation will David Carr the fuck out of that poor lad.

Post #: 834
RE: NFL - 16/9/2012 6:13:47 PM   
Captain Black

The Dolphins lead! The Dolphins lead! The Dolphins lead!

I don't think this will last long, even against the Raiders.

The BBC's Monday Night coverage was the ESPN feed incidentally, and featured no studio involvement, just a cycle of the standings.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 835
RE: NFL - 16/9/2012 6:51:55 PM   
SWOTBM

Well, the lead didn't last But at least you are not losing.....

Eli is just saving his best for the 4th quarter

Post #: 836
RE: NFL - 16/9/2012 9:32:41 PM   
Captain Black

The Dolphins win! The Dolphins win! The Dolphins win!

Chuck Norris Ryan Tannehill NFL facts time:
*Ryan Tannehill has never lost a game at home.
*Ryan Tannehill has never lost a game where he's thrown fewer than three interceptions.

And how many of Eli's 500 yards were in the 4th?

BTW and very off topic, is that a Salarian from Mass Effect in your avatar?

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 837
RE: NFL - 16/9/2012 10:36:37 PM   
SWOTBM

Going by the NFL website's stats- 238 yards in the 4th quarter We lucked out today though- Eli can't be throwing three interceptions a game if we are going to win the division- the Skins look hungry this year and the Cowgirls/Eagles both have a point to prove. Gonna be a tight finish this year.

Good win for the Dolphins- nice to see Reggie Bush doing well. I respect his decision to move to a team where he can be the main RB, he has too much talent to be a bit-part guy like he was in NO.

Shame Gostowski missed that FG- I loved how all the Patriots looked at the refs after he missed the kick, like it was their fault or something

And yeah- it is indeed a Salarian; from Mass Effect 3 to be precise. Very funny moment too, but I won't spoil it for you

Post #: 838
RE: NFL - 17/9/2012 7:10:25 PM   
boaby

Crikey. The Packers have a defence... who knew?

The 'niners look impressive. Both their lines look solid, Willis and Smith look in command of defence and attack. Balanced. Dammit. They'll be tough to beat in the post-season.

Hopefully The Best Manning takes care of business tonight. Don't like Atlanta. Don't know why.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 839
RE: NFL - 17/9/2012 10:47:56 PM   
Captain Black

49ers very, very strong. Shame to see Candlestick being replaced soon; it's probably terrible as a stadium these days, but lots of character.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM
And yeah- it is indeed a Salarian; from Mass Effect 3 to be precise. Very funny moment too, but I won't spoil it for you

Which bit is it? I've played it through a bunch of times (and lost so many hours to the multiplayer) but it's not ringing any bells.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NFL Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI