Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

60's Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 60's Batman Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
60's Batman - 1/9/2006 11:30:44 PM   
Manchurian candidate

POW!!!

Best Batman ever.

WACK!!!

Although he did get gassed in just about every episode.

SMACK!!!

God, I love this show.

(Yes. I do realise that I'm very pathetic).

< Message edited by Manchurian candidate -- 1/9/2006 11:31:13 PM >

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! … Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb
Post #: 1
RE: 60's Batman - 1/9/2006 11:35:45 PM   
Joe

It's so good - the movie with Adam West and Burt Ward is great too.

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 2
RE: 60's Batman - 1/9/2006 11:44:20 PM   
Manchurian candidate

And each episode had an educational interlude about why Robin should study or play the piano or some thing similar. And Julie Newmar really made the show worth watching.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! … Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 3
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 12:02:05 AM   
nicholsonsmhead

The moment that sticks in my head is of Batman being tortured by being put in a huge Egyptian urn by King Tut, and then having pebbles dropped one by one on his head to make him go mad.

He gets out (duh!) and starts sword fighting some crony and King Tut wonders how he got out without going insane and Batman says something like 'It was easy.  I simply kept reciting the multiplication tables backwards in my head!'

He looks so smug when he says it aswell, that it's just perfection.  I don't think you'll hear that geektastic gem like that in The Dark Knight.

Also, that could prove to a useful tip to anyone being held in Guantanamo Bay.

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

Post #: 4
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 12:58:46 AM   
Caster

quote:

The moment that sticks in my head is of Batman being tortured by being put in a huge Egyptian urn by King Tut, and then having pebbles dropped one by one on his head to make him go mad.

Me too!  That's the one I remember to this day.  I loved that show and catwoman was dead sexy, even though I didn't yet know why...Batgirl too.

I remember the villains always ended up in Batman's lair and got dropped in a pit or machine or something...always lots of fighting and smashing of plywood chairs over henchmen.

One best left to childhood memory methinks.

(in reply to nicholsonsmhead)
Post #: 5
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 10:50:57 AM   
Reidy

This program is so cheesy, yet so brilliant at the same time. The fact that every episode ended with a punch up before they were both gassed and put into some 'death trap' which formed the cliffhanger for the next episode.

One of my favourite moments though is when the Batmobile breaks down, right next to a Batcycle placed in a nearby bush.
'Quick, into the conviniently placed back-up vehicle'

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 6
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 12:56:14 PM   
TheManWithNoShame

One of the funniest moments is in the movie where there a bomb in the pub and Batman's trying to take it out and put it somewhere else. He's running around with it for ages because every time he trys to dispose of it a group of nuns turn up or some children. Then when he finally explodes it Robin asks 'why didnt you just let the bomb go off in the pub' and Batman says 'alcoholics are people too Robin'. Sheer class.
Also who can forget that immortal line 'That porpoise died to save our lives Robin'

sorry jbg :( i promise to stop being such a silly boy.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 7
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 6:19:08 PM   
Caster

quote:

One of the funniest moments is in the movie where there a bomb in the pub and Batman's trying to take it out and put it somewhere else. He's running around with it for ages because every time he trys to dispose of it a group of nuns turn up or some children. Then when he finally explodes it Robin asks 'why didnt you just let the bomb go off in the pub' and Batman says 'alcoholics are people too Robin'. Sheer class.
Also who can forget that immortal line 'That porpoise died to save our lives Robin'

Dear God I have to see this.

(in reply to TheManWithNoShame)
Post #: 8
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 6:28:47 PM   
Mikey C

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

quote:

Dear God I have to see this.

You must. Batman: The Movie is one of the funniest films ever.

nicked from imdb's quotes page:
Commissioner Gordon: It could be any one of them... But which one? Which ones?
Batman: Pretty *fishy* what happened to me on that ladder...
Commissioner Gordon: You mean where there's a fish there could be a penguin?
Robin: But wait! It happened at sea... Sea. C for Catwoman!
Batman: Yet, an exploding shark *was* pulling my leg...
Commissioner Gordon: The Joker!
Chief O'Hara: All adds up to a sinister riddle... Riddle-R. Riddler!
Commissioner Gordon: A thought strikes me... So dreadful I scarcely dare give it utterance...
Batman: The four of them... Their forces combined...
Robin: Holy nightmare!

Robin: [pointing toward the sky] That crazy missile! It wrote two more riddles before it blew up!
Batman: [reading a skywritten message] "What goes up white and comes down yellow and white?"
Robin: An egg!
Batman: [reading another skywritten message] "How do you divide seventeen apples among sixteen people?"
Robin: Make apple sauce!
Batman: [thinking out loud] Apples into applesauce - A unification into one smooth mixture. An egg - nature's perfect container. The container of all our hopes for the future.
Robin: A unification and a container of hope? United World Organization!
Batman: Precisely, Robin! And there's a special meeting of the Security Council today. If what I fear is true...
Robin: Wow! Let's commandeer a taxi!
Batman: No, Robin. Not at this time of day. Luckily, we're in tip-top condition. It'll be faster if we run. Let's go!

< Message edited by Mikey C -- 2/9/2006 6:29:42 PM >

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 9
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 7:28:09 PM   
Rotary Ten

With dialogue as crap as that, it's definitely best left to childhood memories.

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 10
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 9:55:28 PM   
TheManWithNoShame

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rotary Ten

With dialogue as crap as that, it's definitely best left to childhood memories.

How dare you! These quotes are dialogue of utter genius.

Robin: When you think, Batman, with those 4 supercrooks hangin' around, it's amazing somebody hasn't already reported this place to the police!
Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.
Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Robin: Holy marathon! I'm getting a stitch, Batman!
Batman: Let's hope that it's a stitch in time, Robin, that saves nine - The nine members of the United World Security Council. Come on.

Vice Admiral Fangschliester: - to some chap named "P. N. Guin".
Batman: P. N. Guin...
Robin: Penguin!

Batman: [reading a riddle] What has yellow skin and writes?
Robin: A ball-point banana!
Batman: [reads the second riddle] What people are always in a hurry?
Robin: Rushing people... Russians!
Batman: So this means...
Robin: Someone Russian is going to slip on a banana and break their neck!
Batman: Precisely, Robin!

sorry jbg :( i promise to stop being such a silly boy.

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 11
RE: 60's Batman - 2/9/2006 10:19:54 PM   
mfj fratelli

How can you not get a kick out of this Joker?

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

(in reply to TheManWithNoShame)
Post #: 12
RE: 60's Batman - 3/9/2006 3:21:05 AM   
Zebra 3

No contest - best Batman ever!

'Huuutch!' - Starsky

(in reply to mfj fratelli)
Post #: 13
RE: 60's Batman - 3/9/2006 10:32:57 AM   
Underscore

The film is just simply awesome. No doubt about that. But I want to see the TV series - I never got a chance and if it's anything as good as the film, it'll be ace.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Zebra 3)
Post #: 14
RE: 60's Batman - 3/9/2006 10:35:48 AM   
Underscore

Oh the film was just awesome. I really want to see the tv series, I just hope it's as ace and hilarious as the film. Let's not forget when Batman is trying to dispense with danger.....

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Zebra 3)
Post #: 15
RE: 60's Batman - 3/9/2006 2:05:28 PM   
Joe

"Return To The Batcave" is on today on Irish channel TV3...but clashes with the All-Ireland  It sounds....interesting!

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 16
RE: 60's Batman - 4/9/2006 2:25:47 PM   
Jonty

need you say more??

http://notesfromasmalltaibach.blogspot.com

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 17
RE: 60's Batman - 4/9/2006 4:32:00 PM   
Monkeyshaver

& who could forget the episode where he does the Batusi!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibelTNvf9zE
The 60s Batman show & movie are priceless, they kinda knew it wasn't to be taken seriously & have their tongues firmly in their cheeks. Having said that it does have some wacky camera angles that perfectly mirror the comic book frame/composition. Stick that in yer pipe & smoke it Ang Lee!!
The commentary track on the movie dvd is great fun as well.

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 18
RE: 60's Batman - 8/10/2006 8:18:02 PM   
Manchurian candidate

You know I said I was pathertic earlier... Yeah, well I cried when I bought all100+ episodes off Ebay. Real cheap to. The only pirated thing I ever bought but thers no alternative so its okay.

Oh, and in the King Tut episode isn't it great when Batman goes mental and starts dancing?

Lyndon B. Johnson
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 19
RE: 60's Batman - 8/10/2006 8:31:38 PM   
Manchurian candidate

And isn't it great that the Police force is completely incompitant.

Did they actually ever solve, or help solve, a case?

And how in the movie the leg grabing shark doesn't even rip his tights!!! ?hey're hardly lined with Kevlar now, are they?

< Message edited by Manchurian candidate -- 8/10/2006 8:35:46 PM >

Lyndon B. Johnson
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

Post #: 20
RE: 60's Batman - 9/10/2006 4:41:53 PM   
adamdavey

My favourite batman bits were actually in the Simpsons......

Adam West talks about the molded bat suit and says ' I didn't need that. Pure WEST'

and also he questions why they dont dance in Batman anymore!

genuine class

Clarence, I Like you.........always have, always will.......

Post #: 21
RE: 60's Batman - 9/10/2006 4:46:23 PM   
Mozza

"Selling a pre-nuclear submarine to someone who doesn't even leave a full postal address..."

Classic Stuff.

(in reply to adamdavey)
Post #: 22
RE: 60's Batman - 9/10/2006 5:30:46 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

And how in the movie the leg grabing shark doesn't even rip his tights!!! ?hey're hardly lined with Kevlar now, are they?

I think you'll find citizen, that they're lined with special shark-repellant bat-fibres. 

quote:

Adam West talks about the molded bat suit and says ' I didn't need that. Pure WEST'

That's absolute class.  I've recently caught a few episodes of this and what's clearly apparent is just how in on the joke (in particular) Adam West and Burt Ward are. Everything's delivered in such an earnest manner and the dialogue is so self aware.

And Julie Newmar as Catwoman was - and I'm shamelessly quoting here - like an alien space creature from the planet super hot.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 23
RE: 60's Batman - 10/10/2006 10:00:08 PM   
Manchurian candidate

All the Women featured,under a certain age, were pretty hot. And that Aunt Harriet, Meow!

Lyndon B. Johnson
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 24
RE: 60's Batman - 10/10/2006 10:24:13 PM   
Captain Black

True story: Aunt Harriet was only added to the show because the producers were bothered  that Batman and Robin, two men living on their own at Stately Wayne Manor might make them look a bit gay. The special Bat-TV-Show-Analyzer told them this. 

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 25
RE: 60's Batman - 11/10/2006 9:30:42 PM   
Manchurian candidate

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

True story: Aunt Harriet was only added to the show because the producers were bothered  that Batman and Robin, two men living on their own at Stately Wayne Manor might make them look a bit gay. The special Bat-TV-Show-Analyzer told them this. 

She appered in the comics first. After Wertams Seduction of the innocent book crippled the comic book industy and said Bats was a homosexual, the writers killed of alfie. And brought in Auntie H. He was brought back soon though.

Lyndon B. Johnson
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 26
RE: 60's Batman - 4/9/2007 8:45:00 PM   
Mason Verger

The Dark Knight Returns

Batman
Tuesday 11 September
7:30pm - 8:00pm
BBC4
Hi Diddle Riddle

60s fantasy adventure series. The Dynamic Duo are tricked by the Riddler and sued for false arrest. They must uncover his plan before the case goes to court or Batman will be forced to reveal his true identity, ending his crime-fighting career for ever.VIDEO Plus+: 9917850
Subtitled
Cast

• Adam West,Burt Ward,Frank Gorshin,Neil Hamilton

Holy re-runs!

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

• Post #: 27
    RE: 60's Batman - 4/9/2007 8:54:22 PM   
    EDWOOD

I saw on IMDB that the entire TV series was supposed to have been released last year for the 40th Anniversary of the 1st episode.

Since then, Nothing!

I would buy it anyway - all 120 episodes!

(in reply to Mason Verger)
    Post #: 28
    RE: 60's Batman - 4/9/2007 10:29:14 PM   
    Reidy

Re-runs? Sweet. Makes that Freeview box in my room all the more worth while.

And, to see Batgirl (third series anyway) and Catwoman again. 

(in reply to EDWOOD)
    Post #: 29
    RE: 60's Batman - 5/9/2007 1:24:32 PM   
    Zao

Here's the King Tut/Batusi clip- brilliant stuff!  Kayo!

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to Reidy)
    Post #: 30
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 60's Batman Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI