Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

LABYRINTH

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> LABYRINTH Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LABYRINTH - 30/1/2011 3:53:01 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Random image -Old-School LUCASFILM fanzine cover!

There's a certain charm that this film has (along with a bunch of other 80's Fantasy Films) that make it so timeless. No amount of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potters or Narnias can even come close. The storytelling is simple and at the same time compelling enough to keep you revisiting this universe and it's fantastic characters.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to hiptobesquare_x)
Post #: 121
LABYRINTH - 8/3/2011 8:29:50 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Y'know watching this film right now, I just noticed something weird - just as Sarah notices 'Lancelot' is missing from her bedroom and yells "...I hate it!" and runs out of her room, on the left, on a shelf, we see what looks like a JUDGE DREDD role-playing game box set; a bit out of place with all her Fairy-tale-girlie stuff I'd say. I think the production crew made a little mistake there. Just a wee observation.

Admit it, now you're gona go check it out for yourselves aren't you?

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 8/3/2011 8:30:15 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 122
RE: LABYRINTH - 8/3/2011 8:44:37 PM   
Snake-Eyes

"Dance, Magic Dance...." - BEAUTIFUL. Instantly transports me back to when I first saw this film at the age of 10.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 123
RE: LABYRINTH - 9/3/2011 1:57:50 AM   
krudler

My cousins dog is named Dydimus, gotta love that 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 124
LABYRINTH - 12/6/2011 10:02:11 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Well.... my Sunday Morning 'Cheer Yerself Up Snake-Eyes' DVD-thon continues with LABYRINTH!

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 12/6/2011 10:03:27 AM >

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 125
RE: LABYRINTH - 12/6/2011 10:17:28 AM   
NCC1701A

Surprised to find out that this did not do well at the box office love the soundtrack.
Keep meaning to rewatch I also like The Dark Crystal are they still making a sequel to Dark Crystal? read somewhere that it was getting a sequel.

Hoggle: You have to understand my position. I'm a coward. And Jareth scares me.
Sarah: What kind of a position is that?
Hoggle: No position! That's my point.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 126
LABYRINTH - 12/6/2011 10:21:02 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Keep meaning to rewatch I also like The Dark Crystal are they still making a sequel to Dark Crystal? read somewhere that it was getting a sequel.

http://www.slashfilm.com/spierig-brothers-to-direct-dark-crystal-sequel/

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 127
LABYRINTH - 12/6/2011 10:38:29 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"So, the Labyrinth's a piece of cake is it? Well, let's see how you deal with this little slice..."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 128
RE: LABYRINTH - 12/6/2011 1:44:03 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

http://www.slashfilm.com/spierig-brothers-to-direct-dark-crystal-sequel/

Thanks for the Info Snake- Eyes.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 129
RE: LABYRINTH - 14/6/2011 11:44:54 AM   
gazpop

http://www.zazzle.com/nothing_nothing_nothing_tra_la_la_tshirt-235398061120090819

bit kerspensive but to some of you whack-jobs (joke, joke, don't throw bog of eternal stench water over me, noooooo!) it might be exactly what you're looking for. We want to see pics though of you wearing it!

I loved and still love this film. I used to see a girl who is mad about the film too. She never believed me that I loved it too and got all upset if I missed a line in the 'you remind me of the babe' monologue. I just sent her a link to this thread, but she's not a massive film fan so we might never see her here.

As for Dark Crystal, well, for me it just pips Labyrinth. The creatures seemed more human and the plot more far reaching (unless you're Sarah in which case it was pretty damn serious) but hey ho, both total classics!!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 130
RE: LABYRINTH - 14/6/2011 3:10:39 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop
I used to see a girl who is mad

Anyway, I used to love this film as a young 'un. Not seen it for a lot of years and could do with watching it again.

< Message edited by Chief -- 14/6/2011 3:12:07 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 131
RE: LABYRINTH - 13/12/2011 9:55:33 PM   
Darth Marenghi

I saw a restored print of this tonight as I hadn't seen it in years - great fun!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 132
RE: LABYRINTH - 14/12/2011 12:16:48 PM   
NCC1701A

I am getting Labyrinth on Blu Ray for christmas.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 133
RE: LABYRINTH - 28/3/2012 10:17:19 AM   
NCC1701A

well watched Labyrinth on Blu Ray and it was  great the picture was pretty good as well.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 134
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 10:44:54 AM   
Wyvenetta

I have fond memories of going to see this film at the cinema as a young 'un. My big sister wanted an excuse to watch this 'kids film's as she was in love with David Bowie at the time. I also remember being aware he was wearing very tight trousers, even at that age! LOL

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 135
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 11:10:13 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I introduced my daughter to this a couple of weeks ago and she loved it, despite being terrified for most of it . I've seen it a good 3 or 4 times in the last fornight now and IMO it holds up brilliantly. I still find that Bowie grates in every part where he's not singing but the rest of the film is so fantastic I can overlook it.

Been thinking about introducing my daughter to Dark Crystal but I reckon that'd be a bit too dark for her right now (she's 6 years old).

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 3/4/2012 11:15:08 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Wyvenetta)
Post #: 136
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 11:44:58 AM   
DazDaMan

I'm watching this for the first time ever right now...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 137
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 2:53:17 PM   
Harry Tuttle

What did you think of it Daz?

I've always wondered how I'd view a childhood favourite if I was watching it for the first time now.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 138
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 2:56:17 PM   
DazDaMan

I dunno, I thought it was OK, but I might need to watch it again just to be sure....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 139
RE: LABYRINTH - 3/4/2012 3:57:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I introduced my daughter to this a couple of weeks ago and she loved it, despite being terrified for most of it . I've seen it a good 3 or 4 times in the last fornight now and IMO it holds up brilliantly. I still find that Bowie grates in every part where he's not singing but the rest of the film is so fantastic I can overlook it.

Been thinking about introducing my daughter to Dark Crystal but I reckon that'd be a bit too dark for her right now (she's 6 years old).

Yeah, Dark Crystal may be a bit....well, dark....for a six year old. And boring, don't forget boring

I love Labyrinth. My sister is 15 years my junior, so I got to introduce her to it when she was growing up in the 90s. She loves it

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 140
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 5:51:57 PM   
Harry Tuttle

It's been years since I last watched Dark Crystal myself but I don't recall being bored by it, I'll give it another watch over the weekend most likely (with any luck Mirrormask will have arrived and I can have a double bill).

My daughter is watching Labyrinth as I type, it's probably the 7th or 8th time since I introduced her to it. It's currently at the Fireys bit, I love the song but the Fireys themselves still freak me out a bit

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 141
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 5:54:48 PM   
The Hooded Man

Does this page encompass The Dark Crystal?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 142
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 6:36:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

It's been years since I last watched Dark Crystal myself but I don't recall being bored by it, I'll give it another watch over the weekend most likely (with any luck Mirrormask will have arrived and I can have a double bill).

My daughter is watching Labyrinth as I type, it's probably the 7th or 8th time since I introduced her to it. It's currently at the Fireys bit, I love the song but the Fireys themselves still freak me out a bit

Fun fact that EVERYBODY knows: Danny John-Jules (Cat in Red Dwarf) plays two of the Fireys. And Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher in Star Trk TNG) was the choreographer for that scene (well, for the film in general, actually).

Post #: 143
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 6:39:43 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Fun fact that EVERYBODY knows: Danny John-Jules (Cat in Red Dwarf) plays two of the Fireys. And Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher in Star Trk TNG) was the choreographer for that scene (well, for the film in general, actually).

Heh, I knew Danny John Jules voiced one of the Fireys but I literally found out about 30 seconds before reading your post that he voiced 2 of them (noticed it in the credits). What a bizarre coincedence .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 6/4/2012 6:40:37 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 144
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 7:14:27 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Heh, I knew Danny John Jules voiced one of the Fireys but I literally found out about 30 seconds before reading your post that he voiced 2 of them (noticed it in the credits). What a bizarre coincedence .

And I just realised I missed the 'e' in Star Trek. Nice.

Post #: 145
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 7:28:48 PM   
fairyprincess

Nothing, nothing, tra-la-la.

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

Post #: 146
RE: LABYRINTH - 6/4/2012 9:09:43 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I have fond memories of this growing up, along with Time Bandits. (and like Time Bandits) Quite dark in places too. David Bowie looked insane! I've yet to watch this again since my childhood, I think its time for a re-watch!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to fairyprincess)
Post #: 147
RE: LABYRINTH - 7/4/2012 7:44:43 AM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

I didn't know that....

Post #: 148
RE: LABYRINTH - 22/8/2012 11:45:16 PM   
Smudge1985

One of those films that it seems everybody of a certain generation grew up with and still loves. One of my earliest film memories watching this with my cousins. Still have it on DVD today and watch it more often than maybe a 26 year old should!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 149
RE: Labyrinth Appreciation Society! - 23/8/2012 1:12:56 PM   
rich

Hoggle is Hoggle's friend

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Desperate Teenager)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> LABYRINTH Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI