Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 25/8/2006 11:14:08 AM   
Rhubarb

i think that the filmwillrevolve around the Spear of Destiny - hence the worry that it would be too similar to the Holy Grail

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
RE: - 25/8/2006 12:14:01 PM   
Dances with Weasels

Already done- "Constantine" .Perhaps Mr Reeves can be his son.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 62
RE: Let It Go Shhhon - 25/8/2006 2:09:20 PM   
thedazzla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crakajak06

Reasons for you being wrong:

1. The "five minute" adventure works well for the movie, I mean do you want a thirty minute intro that takes you through years of Indy aquiring his whip hat and scar before the plot of the movie really begins? Sure it's a tad bit "convinient" but its fun, too, which is what Indiana Jones is all about.

2. Small filp-flubs like the hair thing are ABUNDANT in the Indy films, yes even the "love-bestowed" Raiders film. Spielberg chose to shoot all three movies in the same quick and dirty fashion to mimic the serials of the 30's on which the movies are based. And Id like to hear what the filmmakers have to say about how they did not bestow love on the third film.

3.The closest you got to a good point, but I still think it adds to the dirty feel of the movies. I do agree that the less sfx they use with Indy, the better.

4. The tank chase was an imitation of the truck chase how again? Bc they used a horse and moving vehicle? I hardly think that consitutes an accusation of copy-paste. It was fresh with its own varied set of stunts and fun play with the treads of the tank. Copy...thats a good one.

5. Ok, this was my favorite. You are saying that an ark opening and electrecuting/melting/exploding all those Nazis was somehow more "plausible" than the cup of Christ draining the life from one man and healing a gun-shot wound? Besides I dont think that plausibility even plays into that part of the story. And wait...tacked on, you say? It works intregally with the stern reiligious beliefs of Indy Sr. and the whole father son relationship at the heart of the movie. Which movie were you watching again?

6. I thought Julian Glover was just fine in the movie, but then again thats an opinion thing and I like calm British vilians.

7. Woa, what? I loved the accent bit. Seeing Indy imitate a Scottish man was hilariously out of the norm for him. And if you mean that it was a bad accent, then you missed the point: the butler knows its a bad accent and says just that, when this new theater approach to infiltration does not work, Indy punches the butler and goes back to his normal sneaking around. Perfect.

8. If you don't think the relationship of Indy and Sean Connery was surprising, charming, or ever witty, then I do not even know why im bothering with you.

In its own right, the Last Crusade WAS fun, and when compared to the other two it fits right in. I've seen it a few times in hopes I'd see it again.-I have. 

Totally agree with everything you've said Crakajak06 and I for one can't wait for the next sequel !!!

The Dazzla

(in reply to Crakajak06)
Post #: 63
Let It Go Shhhon - 25/8/2006 2:10:08 PM   
badsanta

'If you don't think the relationship of Indy and Sean Connery was surprising, charming, or ever witty, then I do not even know why im bothering with you. '

I don't know why you're bothering with me, either.

Post #: 64
RE: Let It Go Shhhon - 25/8/2006 3:15:15 PM   
mlavagna

I'm not an Indie fan as such, but I do think that all three films so far have been very enjoyable. I welcome a fourth on the condition that it is of the standard of its predecessors, which I think it will be.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 65
RE: Let It Go Shhhon - 25/8/2006 7:37:53 PM   
Crakajak06

It's okay that you don't know why I'm bothering with you, you wouldn't understand why. True Indy fans, however, know exactly why such erroneous statements must be confronted and thoroughly refuted.
p.s. I believe the Dazzla, as well as myself, fit this category.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 66
the fourth sequel???? - 25/8/2006 7:44:53 PM   
Eyecatching

Sorry to be a pedant, but this would be the third sequel, or are you telling us there is also going to be a 5th movie??

Post #: 67
INDY IV - 26/8/2006 5:41:36 AM   
aussietrooper20

this is good news, and I hope geroge Lucas chooses Natalie Portman to play miss Jones, cause it wil look like han solo and padme together, and I hope the natzi's fight in it too. I hope its about some thing about god, like maybe the stick moses used.

Post #: 68
The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 26/8/2006 11:30:53 PM   
badsanta

Thank you for condescending to put me in my place. You certainly told me!!! By way of punishment I've amended my original comments:
1. You're right, the opening sequence is absolutely brilliant. And characters such as Indiana Jones are much more interesting with their mystique removed.

2. As you say, Spielberg shot the film so quickly Harrison Ford wouldn't have had time to grow his hair between takes. I must be punished for that one. By the way, what's a 'filp-flub'?

3. Since you graciously admitted defeat on this one I needn't go over it again.

4. You're right yet AGAIN: Jones' leaping from a horse to a tank full of Nazis - chased by Nazis - in the the desert during the last act, bears no resemblance to Jones' leaping from a horse to a TRUCK full of Nazis - chased by Nazis - in the desert in the last act. I'm spanking my naked buttocks with a large piece of wood. And It's got splinters!!!!!!!!

5. I'm not sure what movie I WAS watching now. Maybe it was Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's always GOOD to finish a sequel with an act of God/purification of evil-sequence which, IN NO WAY, dilutes the originality of the original. My bottom hurts!!!!

6. I can't believe I said 'Julian Glover' here. I meant 'Julian Glover's American accent'. And who would have thought his character would turn out to be a villain???? And I said there were NO SURPRISES!!!

7. Did I say 'Ford's Scottish accent?' I must have meant, 'Connery's Scottish accent'.

8/9. You're right again. And thanks again for bothering with me. Would you also like to spank me? Perhaps you'd prefer to WHIP me.!!!!!!

Post #: 69
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 27/8/2006 3:49:29 AM   
Violet Indy

My theory is the 'Garden of Life." The other theories posted in this thread are already games, books and comics. Some are also rumours already debunked.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 70
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 29/8/2006 5:11:43 AM   
Crakajak06

Your last post seemed rather angry, not to mention chock full of beautiful mental images, so let me attempt somewhat of a truce, if at all possible. This shall be done via the adressing of a few points. (dont worry not all of the same 9 from the last few posts) 

1. When I mentioned the quick shooting of the movies, I was trying to get the point across that Spielberg was more concerned with the movies being fun than perfect, so the hair thing becomes small and completely unimportant. (a flip flub is a slang term for something incorrect in a film bc it is a film and not actually real. i.e. the hair thing)

2. You never mentioned before the thing about the "mystique being removed" and I never really thought of it that way, Im  just one of those trivia-loving fans who liked knowing how those aspects of his character came about and I think it was done in a fun way. But if you like your heroes mysterious, to each his own.

3. Yes the tank chase has similarities to the truck chase, but I still do not think it was cut and pasted from the first movie. Yes the villians are the same, but thats not to do with the chase itself, but rather the whole movie. Yes he jumps from horse to the tank like the horse to truck trasfer, but he has a very differnt fight that involves a chain around the throat, a one-shot-kills-six(or so)-guys gag, play with the danger of the tire treads, and hanging from a bagstrap while being run into a dirt wall, none of which were in the first movie. The movies (being same time period and hero) are going to cross lines occasionally, but at least they changed it up quite a bit.

4. The ending of all three movies (not just one and three) dealt with the purification of evil by a deity, so you cant just pick on last cusade for that one.

5. Ok, he had a bad accent. He admitted it himself in a behind the scenes interview, so who am I to argue. I had thought that you meant he was a terrible actor, but I guess not.

6. No comment on the scottish accent thing, bc your last comment on it honestly confused me.

Ok, we have a difference of opinions. I had felt the need to respond firmly to your original post bc it was titled "reasons why last crusade was crap." Had it been "reasons why I didnt like Last Crusade" my responses would have been less curt. Now that I have at least shown that you simply do not like the movie and that you offered no substantial or irrefutable evidence that could qualify the movie as "crap,"
I feel my job is done. So in conclusion, (yes I know, finally,) I wish to say that you may just want to be aware of how a bold, incorrect title can ruin any point you wish to make in the following work.

p.s. I may have sounded condescending, but as an aspiring filmmaker myself, I know that the difference between calling someone's work crap and saying you don't like it is a big one. I was condescending to bring you down a knotch to realize that you aren't any better at making movies than Spielberg and Lucas, in fact youd probably be way worse (as would I), not to bring myself up. So careful with the stinging criticism.

(in reply to Violet Indy)
Post #: 71
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 29/8/2006 5:13:15 AM   
Crakajak06

Sorry that last reply was meant for Bad Santa. My mistake.

Post #: 72
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 29/8/2006 5:13:53 AM   
Crakajak06

Your last post seemed rather angry, not to mention chock full of beautiful mental images, so let me attempt somewhat of a truce, if at all possible. This shall be done via the adressing of a few points. (dont worry not all of the same 9 from the last few posts) 

1. When I mentioned the quick shooting of the movies, I was trying to get the point across that Spielberg was more concerned with the movies being fun than perfect, so the hair thing becomes small and completely unimportant. (a flip flub is a slang term for something incorrect in a film bc it is a film and not actually real. i.e. the hair thing)

2. You never mentioned before the thing about the "mystique being removed" and I never really thought of it that way, Im  just one of those trivia-loving fans who liked knowing how those aspects of his character came about and I think it was done in a fun way. But if you like your heroes mysterious, to each his own.

3. Yes the tank chase has similarities to the truck chase, but I still do not think it was cut and pasted from the first movie. Yes the villians are the same, but thats not to do with the chase itself, but rather the whole movie. Yes he jumps from horse to the tank like the horse to truck trasfer, but he has a very differnt fight that involves a chain around the throat, a one-shot-kills-six(or so)-guys gag, play with the danger of the tire treads, and hanging from a bagstrap while being run into a dirt wall, none of which were in the first movie. The movies (being same time period and hero) are going to cross lines occasionally, but at least they changed it up quite a bit.

4. The ending of all three movies (not just one and three) dealt with the purification of evil by a deity, so you cant just pick on last cusade for that one.

5. Ok, he had a bad accent. He admitted it himself in a behind the scenes interview, so who am I to argue. I had thought that you meant he was a terrible actor, but I guess not.

6. No comment on the scottish accent thing, bc your last comment on it honestly confused me.

Ok, we have a difference of opinions. I had felt the need to respond firmly to your original post bc it was titled "reasons why last crusade was crap." Had it been "reasons why I didnt like Last Crusade" my responses would have been less curt. Now that I have at least shown that you simply do not like the movie and that you offered no substantial or irrefutable evidence that could qualify the movie as "crap,"
I feel my job is done. So in conclusion, (yes I know, finally,) I wish to say that you may just want to be aware of how a bold, incorrect title can ruin any point you wish to make in the following work.

p.s. I may have sounded condescending, but as an aspiring filmmaker myself, I know that the difference between calling someone's work crap and saying you don't like it is a big one. I was condescending to bring you down a knotch to realize that you aren't any better at making movies than Spielberg and Lucas, in fact youd probably be way worse (as would I), not to bring myself up. So careful with the stinging criticism.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 73
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 30/8/2006 2:51:31 AM   
Crakajak06

What is the garden of life? Is it similiar to the fountain of youth, because if it is, I think it would work well with Indy's aging problem and create a nice dillemma for an aging hero: Do I drink to stay young and keep fighting evil or do I pass and accept that my time is coming to an end? But then again, the holy grail offered eternal life already, so that may be too much of a repeated idea.

Post #: 74
RE: The Penitant Man Kneels Before Krakajak06 - 30/8/2006 11:56:05 PM   
Violet Indy

It's a theory going around the Indy forums. Another name for Garden of Eden, however if that were the 'McGuffin' It could still be controversial (as George has apparently mentioned in the interview) because of the Islamic belief that a soul when a person dies goes to paradise, not too far off from Chrisitianity's heaven. It may be possible that Eden is one and the same. It can be a film that relates to both death and rebirth. And with the addition of the heavily rumoured "Indy's daughter" this may create a much more fulfilled character development of Indy and full circle for the trilogy. Each film has reflected upon such themes. However, the theory is really close to Last Crusade, so that is a bit of problem.

(in reply to Crakajak06)
Post #: 75
Indy IV Title - 31/8/2006 2:28:23 PM   
Bond1971

Read that the new title will be Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time. Sounds ok, therefore, will Lucus' macguffin regard some sort of time/supernatural element as well as a nod to Ford's age?

Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI