Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The England Football Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The England Football Thread Page: <<   < prev  199 200 [201] 202 203   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 7:58:55 AM   
superdan

It's obviously all Rio Ferdinand's fault, my Columbo-senses have sussed it all out. He's got the biggest axe to grind with Roy, has previous in not fully understanding racial terms and he was probably told about it all by that shifty little snitch Carrick. Rio Ferdinand.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 6001
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 8:57:29 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

You see I suspect it was Jack "two 10 minute sub appearances getting England to the World Cup is my biggest achievement" Wilshere. He's obviously said and done a lot of stupid things over the past week or two and needed to move focus onto his manager by playing the (space) race card. Cheeky little monkey.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6002
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 9:58:33 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Smarts column is Bizarre, should narrow the search down by some margin..... Defoe maybe ? I agree though Ferdinand has the biggest axe to grind and has been involved in similar "scandals" before he could easily have recieved word from another player in the squad.

I'm starting to think that's the more likey scenario, that the leak came from someone outside the camp but has close connections to the England setup. I just can't get my head around a player in that squad not having the balls to confront Roy about it.

It will come out eventually.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 19/10/2013 10:04:20 AM >

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 6003
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 10:56:37 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Is it definite that it was a player who released this "news"?

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 6004
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 11:04:41 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Well the people blaming Rio Ferdinand are laughable. It's like cheating on your wife but then blaming the person who heard it on the grape vine and told your wife for the breaking up of your marriage. If Rio Ferdinand did tell the press (which let's face it, is unlikely) the blame still solely remains with the player or staff member present in the dressing room who chose to ignore the unwritten rules of dressing room confidentiality, and also chose to relay the story on as anything more than an anecdote.

I'd assume it was more than likely a player who was unhappy at being overlooked for a starting berth or substitute appearance, perhaps even one who was overlooked in favour of Andros, or it was one of the players 'Arry mentioned who would beg him when he was Spurs boss to make an excuse for them not to join the England squad because they were only chosen to shore up the numbers.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 19/10/2013 11:05:28 AM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 6005
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 12:00:33 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Rednapp has a mole in the Camp out to undermine Roy and the FA. It's obviously Gerrard with his dodgy texts.

Seriously though the whole situation is a joke. Undermines proper Anti-Racist campaigners and is offensive to those who've suffered from true racial abuse/hatred. Collymore had it spot on for me.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 19/10/2013 12:01:13 PM >

Post #: 6006
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 12:29:29 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I know who it is peeps.

After conclusive evidence I am here to prove that the mole in the camp is ......Paul Ruddy.

He has a mole therefore he is...a mole.

Post #: 6007
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 12:55:38 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I know who it is peeps.

After conclusive evidence I am here to prove that the mole in the camp is ......Paul Ruddy.

He has a mole therefore he is...a mole.

Exemplary powers of deduction old boy !

Post #: 6008
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/10/2013 10:13:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Well the people blaming Rio Ferdinand are laughable. It's like cheating on your wife but then blaming the person who heard it on the grape vine and told your wife for the breaking up of your marriage. If Rio Ferdinand did tell the press (which let's face it, is unlikely) the blame still solely remains with the player or staff member present in the dressing room who chose to ignore the unwritten rules of dressing room confidentiality, and also chose to relay the story on as anything more than an anecdote.

I'd assume it was more than likely a player who was unhappy at being overlooked for a starting berth or substitute appearance, perhaps even one who was overlooked in favour of Andros, or it was one of the players 'Arry mentioned who would beg him when he was Spurs boss to make an excuse for them not to join the England squad because they were only chosen to shore up the numbers.

No comment on the Rio stuff, but anyone leaking this to the press is to blame as it's quite obvious what would happen next.
Of course players are going to talk about things that happen while on international duty, but whoever leaked it to the press wanted to cause a shit storm and move the focus away from the positives from that night.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 6009
RE: The England Football Thread - 14/11/2013 6:46:02 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Really hope to see Barkley and Lallana given a good run out in tomorrow's game, I think Rodriguez may get a 1/2 but Roy might see this as good opportunity to give Rooney and Sturridge the chance to get some game time and form a strong partnership going in to the WC. This is the 11 I would like to see start the game.

Is Wilshere fucked ? If so 11 should be

---------------------------Forster------------------------------

Johnson---------Jones--------Smallling--------Baines

------------Lampard-------------Henderson---------------

-------------------------Barkley--------------------------------

--Townsend------------Rooney-----------------Lallana --

Either Rooney or Sturridge to start and if Wilshere is fit he will probably be in in front of Henderson.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 6010
RE: The England Football Thread - 14/11/2013 7:43:37 PM   
superdan

Word is Sturridge and Hart are unlikely to play. Lallana and Rodriguez will get decent playing time with Lambert and Welbeck out, and Wilshere is a probable too despite being out for the last couple of weeks. I'd love to see Barkley in there instead but I'm not sure Roy will start him.

Post #: 6011
RE: The England Football Thread - 14/11/2013 7:55:51 PM   
Scott_

With Carrick out I think Tom Huddlestone would have been worth a call-up, he's been in pretty good form all season and is the closest thing to a Carrick replacement. I don't like Lampard in a deep midfield role, don't think it works for him or the team. Hopefully Lallana gets a game, he's a clever player and will give us some variety other than raw pace out wide.

Forster definitely deserves a start too, if he wasn't playing for Celtic he probably could have pushed Hart out of the team sooner judging him on his Champions League performances.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6012
RE: The England Football Thread - 14/11/2013 10:28:47 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I would rather not have Lampard in there at all but with it being his 100th cap he's nailed on. Only serves to deprive one of the younger lads of a chance to prove themselves. Hopefully this will be his swansong as I really don't want to see him at the World Cup taking up a spot that would be better served giving a younger player the experience of a World Cup.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6013
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 11:31:57 AM   
Professor Moriarty

First name on my teamsheet right now is Jones. In the same position he played for Utd in the first half against Arsenal, where I thought his positional sense and breaking up play was awesome. With Chile and Germany both very comfortable on the ball, and any England defensive pairing being IMO very weak, I think that position is key and right now he's the man to fill it.

Post #: 6014
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 8:07:16 PM   
superdan

Classic comedy England defending.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6015
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 8:31:50 PM   
Scott_

We look confused.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6016
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 8:35:01 PM   
superdan

This midfield combination simply doesn't work. Rooney is utterly isolated.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6017
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 8:39:09 PM   
Scott_

Maybe if we tried Lampard and Gerrard together.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6018
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 8:41:47 PM   
superdan

England actually seem to miss Gerrard at the moment. For all he wastes possession with his Hollywood passing, he's able to get things going from midfield better than Milner, Lampard or an obviously off-the-boil Wilshere.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6019
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 9:52:31 PM   
Scott_

Poor defending. Nice finish.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6020
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 9:58:35 PM   
superdan

Forget those turgid, backs-to-the-wall games England have occasionally had over the last couple of years - this has been the worst England game under Roy. All the players have looked off the pace, they haven't had any cohesiveness or desire and they've been deservedly humiliated by Chile who have been sharp, hungry and well worth the win. I can't think of a single England player who should be absolved of criticism from this display, they've all been shit.

Very poor all round, and unlike Roy's England who, while often ugly, have demonstrated many times that they are at least hard-working and very difficult to beat. They say you learn more from defeat than victory; if this is the case then Roy and his team will have learnt a great deal from tonight.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6021
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 9:59:34 PM   
Scott_

It's a good job we've got an easy game coming up then.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6022
RE: The England Football Thread - 15/11/2013 10:58:53 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I thought Lallana did well TBH tried his best to make things happen and worked his socks off. Rodriguez looked lost, Wilshere is just playing shit at the moment. Lampard once again in an England shirt was a non entity, Milner in the middle Roy, really ? And then there was Cahill. Just. Pure. Awful !! It really was a bad performance all round.

Was impressed with Chile they certainly do things differently but they have an identity and every player knows what they are supposed to be doing. Thought they gave England a bit of a lesson and frustrated the fuck out of us, too clever, too wise and a bit nasty when they needed to be too.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6023
RE: The England Football Thread - 16/11/2013 8:36:38 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

We'll have learned more about Chile than we would against Germany in my opinion.

We played poorly but it's a game we should learn from tactically/playing wise.

Post #: 6024
RE: The England Football Thread - 16/11/2013 9:31:56 AM   
jonson

I'm glad I gave up after 60 minutes. As well as seeing a fucking awful display in an utterly pointless game, the ITV commentary was abysmal. Every shit England pass was ignored, the mock surprise every time Chile passed the ball more than 3 times was patronising and clearly showed they had no idea who was playing.
It was clearly an England B team, and clearly an England B team is roughly Championship level at best, and that's doing a lot of Championship teams a disservice.
The only interesting thing was to see how many different facial expressions for horror Phil Jones has. He'd give Bruce Campbell a run for his money.

< Message edited by jonson -- 16/11/2013 9:32:22 AM >

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 6025
RE: The England Football Thread - 16/11/2013 11:26:03 AM   
James2183

Children in Need on BBC, Comic Relief on `ITV

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6026
RE: The England Football Thread - 16/11/2013 4:36:43 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I'm glad I gave up after 60 minutes. As well as seeing a fucking awful display in an utterly pointless game, the ITV commentary was abysmal. Every shit England pass was ignored, the mock surprise every time Chile passed the ball more than 3 times was patronising and clearly showed they had no idea who was playing.
It was clearly an England B team, and clearly an England B team is roughly Championship level at best, and that's doing a lot of Championship teams a disservice.
The only interesting thing was to see how many different facial expressions for horror Phil Jones has. He'd give Bruce Campbell a run for his money.

I wouldn't say it was utterly pointless, it gave the lads a taste of South American opposition and gave some young lads in Lallana and Rodriguez an opportunity to play there way in, sadly only Lallana looked like he was trying to stake a claim and even the regulars looked like they were in auto pilot mode. Ultimately I think Roy got a few things wrong in terms of selection (mainly in midfield) and the tactics were non existent to the point it looked like he hadn't done his homework and had no idea what Chile were about.

Let's not take anything away from Chile this was never going to be a dead cert for England to perform and turn them over. A defeat was always a possibility here.

I was disappointed with Barkley not starting and only being given 10mins, if this is all the lads going to get when he's been in the squad longer than Rodriguez surely he would be better served being with the U21's. Playing with the lads he will more than likely be playing for England with in 1-3 years time.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 16/11/2013 4:39:58 PM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6027
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/11/2013 8:17:39 PM   
Scott_

Not bad so far, need better passes in the final third.

Post #: 6028
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/11/2013 8:26:46 PM   
superdan

Relatively bright start by England, but because it's England they haven't been able to make anything of it, and Germany will gradually impose themselves and the early attacking enterprise will be replaced by desperate backs-to-the-wall defending and ultimate defeat. It's written in the stars.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 6029
RE: The England Football Thread - 19/11/2013 8:39:01 PM   
Scott_

Good save Joe!

Balls.

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 19/11/2013 8:40:08 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 6030
Page:   <<   < prev  199 200 [201] 202 203   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The England Football Thread Page: <<   < prev  199 200 [201] 202 203   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI